Truth or Dare? (Part 2)

Meeting the Ex

Hello lovelies,

Here is the final part to the 'Truth or Dare?' escapade. I hope you enjoy it!

If you can't remember (it feels like such a long time ago that I posted it) the taekai and baekris/krisbaek couples were over at the Oh household for a game of truth or dare that involved alcohol. It was revealed, with the help of a very spiteful Luhan, that Kris had cheated on Baekhyun with Tao and that Jongin would chose Kyungsoo over Taemin. The past of Kris and Luhan was also revealed.

Please leave me a comment!

Sophie :)

_________________________________________________________

“Don’t bother,” I watched as Baekhyun hissed down his phone, flinching at his tone. We were both wrapped in blankets, snuggled into his large brown sofas with ice cream and films, trying to get over what happened at the small gathering. I had spent the last few days swaddled in blankets on my bed, doing nothing else whilst tissues littered the floor. I hadn’t eaten properly and didn’t shower until Baekhyun thumped on my door, demanding to come in and clean me up. He had dragged me into the bathroom, showered me and then drove me to his house where we had watched sappy romantic films and eaten carton after carton of ice cream.

The films had helped as we wept and complained to each other, only to have that ruined when Baekhyun’s phone rang. Both of us stared at the picture of Kris on the screen, wondering what to do, only ending in Baekhyun slamming it onto loudspeaker so I could hear what was happening.

“Please Baek, just listen,” Kris pleaded, his voice full of sorrow as it came out of the phone and floated to my ears.

“No Kris, what is there to listen to? You trying to make up some sorry excuse as to why you cheated on me?” Baekhyun was clearly in a state as tears of anger ran down his cheeks. There wasn’t another exchange as Baekhyun quickly cut the conversation and threw his phone at the wall over the other side of the room. I let out a small whimper, scared as he sat there with his eyes closed and a hand pinching the bridge of his nose in true diva fashion.

“Are ... are you ok?” I squeaked out after a moment of tense silence. Baekhyun just nodded, shuffling further into the sofa and pulling his blanket up around his shoulder; tears pooling in his eyes as he curled up.

“Yup,” his voice cracked as he turned to the TV, not saying another word. Quickly, I turned back to the TV as well, letting my mind wander and trying not to think about Jongin too much.

____________________________________________________

“Tae, do you want something to eat?” Baekhyun’s voice surprised me. I had started to lull into sleep and the interruption had startled me. My head snapped up from its place on the cushion as I stared at him through sleepy eyes. I nodded slightly, a groan leaving my lips as I wiped a little piece of drool from the corner of my mouth.

“What is there?” I asked through a yawn, suddenly feeling very drained.

“Well, we could go and get chicken and then bring it back here,” Baekhyun suggested. Running a hand through my hair, I agreed and headed towards the door to put on my shoes. We must have looked like a pair as we walked together to the nearest shop in hoodies, tracksuit bottoms and mix-matched shoes with unruly hair.

The shop was pretty empty; the bell on the door jingling loudly as we entered. A spotty teenager looked up from his place at the counter, grimacing in disgust at our appearance before sighing loudly. Baekhyun looked at him with a frown before moving forward whilst I slid into one of the booths to wait.

“Uh ... we’ll have ...” I didn’t hear much else from Baekhyun as my attention was somewhere else. Looking out the window, I noticed Jongin and Kris slink out of the latter’s car, looking dishevelled, and heading towards the shop.

“Yah! Hyung,” I whisper-shouted across the shop, before signalling for him to come here. However, I was too late and before he could even turn around, Kris and Jongin walked in. I held my breath as both parties came face to face; freezing as they just stared at each other. “Baek,” Was the only word that came out of Kris’ mouth. I thought I had escaped the horror, only for Jongin to turn and look straight at me. I swallowed, a thin line of sweat forming instantly on my forehead as I looked at the white table; suddenly finding it very interesting. I registered Jongin sliding into the seat opposite me, the sounds of Baekhyun arguing with Kris is the background.

“Tae-hyung, please just hear me out,” Jongin whispered. It sounded as though he was begging. I nodded, the tears already gathering in my eyes as I refused to look up, not wanting to face him. “Hyung, I don’t honestly know why I hesitated then. I didn’t mean anything by it I swear,” he explained with a shaky voice. One tear had made its way down my cheeks already and I sniffed loudly, telling myself over and over to keep it together.

“You still did though,” I whimpered only to jump when Jongin’s hand came into contact with my wrist; dragging my hand into his own where he it gently.

“I know and I shouldn’t have but I did. There’s no denying that but I think it was the alcohol talking. I love you hyung, I really do. Please believe me,” he asked, finishing his sentence quietly. I felt horrible. Was it right to treat him like this for something that happened under the influence of alcohol at a small gathering? Gaining my strength I looked up at him, only to have it shot down again when I came face to face with a tired and teary Jongin. My heart broke again at the sight, deciding then that I never wanted to see him looking so broken, even if he had hurt me more.

“Jongin-ah, please smile,” I choked out as I lifted a hand and wiped the tears away from his perfect cheeks. He half sniffed, half smiled for a moment, his eyes still holding guilt within them.

“I’ll only be able to when I’m with you hyung,” he said whilst looking at his hands. I snorted at how cheesy he sounded, not meaning to ruin the moment, when he looked up at me with surprise across his features. Immediately a proper smile spread across his features, the same on mine. “I really am sorry Tae-hyung.”

“It’s ok, you didn’t mean it. Come on, let’s go,” I said as I stood up, stretching and cracking my back. I looked over to see Kris poking some chicken as he sat in a booth with Baekhyun snuggled into the gap between his neck and shoulder; sleeping soundly. I smiled at them, poking Jongin to gain his attention before pointing their way. Jongin let out a small giggle before pulling me into his side and placing a small peck on my forehead to which I cuddled into his side.

“Let’s leave them be,” Jongin waved at Kris once before we headed out into the street and back to our shared house.

_________________________________________________

“So what did you and Baekhyun do in the time apart?” Jongin had turned to calling it the ‘time apart’ instead off when we were separated for a short time.

“Watched films and generally complained about life,” I shrugged as I spoke around the toothbrush in my mouth causing Jongin to let out a short laugh from the shower. The low hum of the water was quite soothing as we talk with each other. “What about you and Kris?”

“Sat around regretting everything that had been said and helping Kris get mentally ready for the diva,” Jongin snorted.

“The ‘diva’ really?” I asked sounding unimpressed.

“You agree though don’t you?” Jongin asked as his head popped out from around the side of the shower; water droplets making their way down his features slowly. I gulped loudly before nodding, feeling my face suddenly turn very red.

“Uh ... yeah, ok,” I spurted before hurrying into the bedroom and quickly slipping under the covers; pulling them up to my chin. Jongin followed soon, a smirk across his face as he came in shirtless. I turned around, lying on my stomach and presenting him with my back as I tried not to think about my very good-looking boyfriend.

“Tae?” His voice surprised me as it came in my ear. I turned slowly, coming in very close proximity to his face.

“Uh .. yes?” I squeaked. Jongin let out another laughed before kissing me on the forehead and pulling me closer to his body. I slowly relaxed into his embrace, snuggling into his side as I closed my eyes and tried to think of all the happy memories we could create in the future.

“Love you,” Jongin whispered into my forehead. I wriggled in his hold once, feeling him freeze.

“Love you too,” I smirked slightly when he let out a deep breath and smiled once in my hair.