Chapter 9

Relationship Problems

Nervous. Kai was freaking out actually. He's been around girls before but he's never felt so nervous in his life. He was judging on when he should leave and was standing in front of the mirror looking at himself trying to think about what to say when he see's her. Then he thought if it was a mistake to even have feelings for JiWoo. Kai did his best to not even have them, but it somehow keeps coming back around. He had to admit, he was a bit attracted to her when he first saw her until he realized he just considered her as a friend. With all this thinking, he had forgotten that Sehun was still on the room. D.O had gone to take a shower.

"Why are you checking yourself in the mirror for the past 20 minutes?" Sehun asked. "Didn't D.O say it's just a talk with JiWoo, not a date."
 
"I know. But I just hope she's not that mad at me." Kai said, with a sigh. "I wonder what could be so important..."
 
"Look I'm sure JiWoo isn't that mad as you think. You worry too much."
 
"Easy for you to say. She might hit me."
 
"Then in that case let me come. I'd like to see her make someone cry in person then just hear about it."
 
"YAH! Shut up!"
 
"Then get going before I tag along."
 
Kai quickly went out the door and left Performer's Hall. SM Academy was surly quiet around the night time. Especially around the weekend. The cool night breeze brushed against his face and the stars lit up the sky. With his hands in his pockets, Kai walked across campus to Idol's Studio. The building was open all weekend just for students who want to practice during the day or night. Just no teachers were going to be around. Kai would normally stay at Idol's Studio all day but this was the one weekend where he just didn't feel like it. When he entered inside he noticed some students practicing, but that really didn't concern him. He went striaght to the same practice room he and JiWoo had that talk. Right when he Arrived at the doorway, he heard music. Kai peeked through the window and saw a person dancing inside. He looked at his phone. There was no message saying JiWoo would be coming or what time to meet. He looked back inside watching the mysterious dancer, who's moves were on point. Kai was truly impressed. When the song ended, entered inside and began clapping. 
 
"Sorry for intruding but I couldn't help but notice. Youre a great dancer." Kai said. "But I have to meet someone in this very room do you mind moving to—"
 
The dancer took off her hood before she turned around slowly making Kai's eyes grow big and step back a little. Before him stood Yoon JiWoo looking shocked and embarrassed, knowing she was caught twice in one day.
 
"YAH! Ever heard of calling me first?" JiWoo yelled. 
 
"You weren't lying when you said you use to dance?" Kai asked still in shock.
 
"Well I would lie and deny but since I'm sensing you just saw the whole thing then... yeah. Wae? You think I make up a story just so I can relate? Ha! You make me laugh."
 
"Mianhe. I'm just really surpised on how good of a dancer you are."
 
"Mention this to anyone and you die."
 
"Okay okay. You have my word." he said putting his hands up. "So what's so important that needs to be disscussed?" Kai obviously knew the answer. He felt so stupid asking that question.
 
"I'm here to apologize about what happned between us before. I shouldn't have yelled at you. M-M-Mianhe."
 
"What are you talking about?  You had every right to scold me. I should of taken that 3rd year class. I'm not improving. The class I'm in is way too easy for me."
 
"I don't need to explain myself any further. It looks like it can go either way. All I wanted was to say I was sorry. Let's just forget it ever happened." she turned her back towards him. JiWoo began to talk to herself quietly still on how she could let her gaurd down twice. She needed to be more careful but she knows if she dances or sings shed be too into it. It's no wonder she never notices people watching her.
 
"JiWoo, what if someone liked you?" Kai suddenly asking.
 
She faced him once more and raised a brow. "What up with the random and weird question?"
 
"I... I'm just curious..."
 
"Well obviously depends on who the person is. Give me more a specific situation."
 
"A guy you just met a week ago and he suddenly has feelings for you... he... he confesses, what would you do?" Kai hesitated knowing what he just said will give her a hint.
 
"Hm... I honestly wouldn't know." JiWoo shrugged. "I guess it all depends how the guy and I connected in the beginning. Besides, a week is too short. That is if the guy really liked me when he first saw me, I'd really have to think about it."
 
Kai then knew D.O was the one who fit that description. For his firend it'll be a higher chance then he'll get.
 
"But it'll never happen. No one ever likes me in that way. Why would they? I'm no fit to be with anyone..."
 
"I think you'd fit in better if you stop keeping things a secret." Kai patted her head. "You can at least be a little more open."
 
"Yeah but I choose not too... it just hurts thinking about it."
 
The look on JiWoo's face made Kai wonder. He wanted to ask questions but kept to himself. 
 
"Dacne for me." he heard JiWoo say suddenly. 
 
"M-Mwoh?" 
 
"I know I've seen you dance before but it's hard to focus on just one person in such a big group. We're already in a practice room, might as well and use our time."
 
Kai hesitantly took off his jacket and went center of the floor. "Wait what song do you want me to dance to?"
 
"Didn't you here me? I said dance WITH me. So the question you should of asked was 'what song do you want US to dance to?' You have bad hearing or something?"
 
"Apparently..." he mumbled. "So which song?"
 
"That one dance you guys were learning when I came in that day. I want I try and do it. I think I have the steps down."
 
"Seriously that one?"
 
"Ne. Why so whiny about it?"
 
This made his heart beat faster. He was too embarrassed to say it but the look on JiWoo's face showed impatience so he turned his head. "You weren't there the next day... it's a couple dance."
 
"Then teach me it. I was once a dancer, I don't mind. I just want to learn it."
 
Too many things were going through his head. Kai tried to convince JiWoo to pick a different one but she was being her stubborn self. He had no choice but to teach her. Still he was impressed on how well she learned so quickly. When he told her to do the part she knew for sure, JiWoo had all the moves right. As for the second part, Kai tried to keep his nervousness to himself and reframed from being into it. Due to his shyness, they didn't have time to put the whole number together. It was late and school was the next day. Plus it was almost curfew. After the exchange of goodbyes, Kai slowly thought back at Idol's Studio with JiWoo as he went upstairs to his room. For him, she was the best partner he's ever danced with. The perfect one in fact. The times they would fool around when she messed up or get something wrong to hide her embarrassment was the most he ever enjoyed dancing in his life. Oh how he wished for a do-over button to relive that moment. He opened the door to his room and Sehun was the first to notice.
 
"So I see you came back without getting beat up." the maknae joked. "How was it?"
 
"Ha ha very funny." Kai said sarcastically. "And it wasn't that bad. She wasnt mad at me and just wanted to talk that's all."
 
"A talk that took three hours? Must of been one interesting conversation."
 
D.O then came into the room and gave a smile to his friend who returned. "So are you and JiWoo okay now? You were gone for along time."
 
"Ne. As of right now I suppose." Kai answered giving an awkward laugh.
 
"That's good. I was afraid she wasn't ever talk to you again."
 
"That would be bad. Because if she were your girlfriend, that would of been a bad situation considering its one of your own friends she would be made at." Sehun said. "You seriously need to confess before somebody else does."
 
"Lets not get too ahead of ourselves. I don't even know if she likes me back." D.O said, annoyed by his ignorance. "And stop it. Don't you think I already know that?"
 
"I'm just saying if you don't hurry it up somebody else might think JiWoo is to their likings. Im not sure who would but its bound to happen."
 
'Too late.' Kai thought.
 
"No one else would like JiWoo. Everyone at this Academy already thinks she's scary, even the guys. So I highly doubt that."
 
As his two friends continued to talk, Kai stood in silence having the guilt train creap behind him. He could only keep it to himself. His friendship with D.O was now at stake. 
 
'I'm sorry D.O, I really did my best to not get in the way, but I can't hold in these feelings any longer, now that I have a reason.' He thought. 'I like JiWoo too.'