Chapter 12

Relationship Problems

It was late. Students rushed back to their dormitory before they were caught by any teachers. As he went down the stairs, D.O could not get over what Kai had told him. He wasn't angry about it, just disappointed. It was the first time he ever spoken to his friends he had loved someone. Even when it was announced and clearly stated, someone just so happens to feel the same way for the same girl.

He put that thought aside and started to find JiWoo. There was no reply from her when D.O came to her room. After carefully checking to see if there was no one around, he left Performer's Hall. The first place he checked was Idol's Studio but the doors were locked. He saw that that the lights were off, so there was no way JiWoo could be inside. D.O went to the garden as his last resort. The gate was somehow open. That's how he knew she would be there.
 
D.O had never been to the garden at night. In fact no one had. Lights lit up the garden making it a more relaxing and soothing feel. It made him almost forget why he came here in the first place. As soon as he got back into focus, he heard someone crying. D.O turned around and saw someone sitting on a bench. He slowly approached already knowing for sure who it was.
 
"JiWoo." he said then knelt down. "JiWoo..."
 
She looked and a tear had came down from her eye. JiWoo was shocked to see him come and find her. Embarressed of her condition, she quickly wiped her eyes.
 
"Whats wrong? Why did you run off?"
 
"Someone's watching me everytime I hang out with you guys. I don't know who but I just get the feeling... And it's been bothering me."
 
"Why didn't you tell us this before?"
 
"I... I don't know... Its just getting me so frustrated and it could be the flashbacks and memories that make me go crazy... I just can't take this anymore." she let a sigh and looked up at the sky. "I shouldn't have come here..."
 
D.O stared at her. "Mwoh? Why would you say that?"
 
"Kyungsoo, seriously, like why did I even come to SM Academy? I should of never came... I cause trouble and have a anger management problem. I can barely go a day without having someone cry at my own school." she buried her face into her hands. "I'm too much. I don't get how you and the others still bother to hang around with me."
 
"It's because your different. We all think you're cool. We really don't mind how you act."
 
JiWoo looked up at him again. "But why me? You guys are popular kids at this academy like idols already, while I'm popular for being a bully. I don't want to be a bully. Because of my ego I'm not allowed to be anyone's friend. Its not that I want to be secretive, I just refuse to tell it because it's my past and no one has the right to peak on other's privacy."
 
D.O sat beside her and placed his arm around her. He at first was hesitant to do it but couldn't think of another way to comfort her. "Do you not want to hang out with us anymore?"
 
She shook her head. "You said it yourself, none of you mind me on my behavior. You tease me about it and that's okay. I want that type a friendship with people at my school. But everyone takes it so seriously. Even here. It bothers the hell at me to see them act like they aren't scared. I could of ran away from this and had planned to do so..."
 
D.O was silent, thinking if he found out that one day JiWoo was not around anymore. To see her go off so suddenly tonight, made him worried just as much.  He wouldn't know what he'd do if JiWoo ran away from SM Academy. In fact he couldn't even bare to think about it.
 
"But I choose not to..." she started again, having D.O look at her again. "After being here for acouple of weeks, my mind has changed. I'm thankful for having you guys be with me this whole time. I really couldn't ask for anything better. And honestly... the real reason I'm here is because of you so... komawo."
 
D.O gave a small smile. "JiWoo, can you meet me here tomorrow?"
 
She looked at him with a confused look. "Wae?"
 
"Just please, and don't agree to anything else."
 
"Even if it's after 2nd class?"
 
He thought about it for a minute then answered, "Just spend the whole day with me then. Promise?"
 
She laughed a bit. "Okay. I promise."
 
They quickly headed back to the dormitory after locking their pinkies together. Luckily they didn't get caught. When the two entered the room, everyone got up on their feet, asking JiWoo where she went and if she was okay. The video chat was still continuing and JiWoo apologized for running off so suddenly. As JiWoo was explaining how life in regular school was, tension raised between Kai and D.O, although no one seemed to notice. When the chat ended, both offered to walk JiWoo back but she kindly refused both offered and went back.
 
"Kyungsoo, thanks again for today." she smiled at him. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."
 
After she left, everyone looked at D.O who was rubbing it in Kai's face. The dancer did have jealousy but kept it to himself and did his best not to show it. As for the other guys, Sehun knew it was going to be hell. He looked at his leader and asked if he could stay for the night.
 
"You're really going to make me deal with those two tonight?" Sehun glared. "I refuse to sleep in the same room where they could randomly and possibly start fighting in the middle of the night and I don't want to see what happens in the morning."
 
"I would hate to put you through that." Suho said. "Ne, I think its best that we have one of them stay here. Who knows what'll happen when we're not looking."
 
"Yeah, but this is D.O we're talking about—"
 
"I can hear you." D.O giving a judging face then looked at Suho. "You don't mind if I stay here for the night."
 
"Fine by me. Better get your stuff now before you know who gets there before you."
 
"Komawo hyung." D.O then quickly ran to his room to get to his clothes.
 
After watching him leave, Sehun spoke again. "Thanks you put me with the newest lover boy. And now I can't tease anyone. If I hear him ranting tonight I'm going to hate all of you."
 
Kai had heard all of that but didn't bother to argue. He just had to keep quiet about to give Sehun peace, that is if he could. But knowing that D.O was sleeping over in Suho's room maybe he wouldn't say anything at all.
 
The rest of the night, the boys got ready for bed, leaving all the drama aside. D.O was certainly excited tomorrow. He already had something planned. Before he closed his eyes, his phone lit up reciving a text from JiWoo. He smiled as he replied back. Then as he was about to fall asleep he thought, "sorry Kai but in one step closer then you'll ever get."