Chapter 16

Relationship Problems

There was no sender. His only conclusion he could think of was JiWoo. He questioned why she didn't just say anything to him last night. The next morning, he was scared to mention it to her. JiWoo did in fact come out of her room like D.O had said. She looked like her normal self. There were times where she would exchange glances to Kai which made him feel nervous again. While the others were asking if she was okay, Kai kept things to himself still trying to figure it out. When he had his first class, he couldn't get it off his mind. He was even silent durning lunch. All he did was just listen.

"So since you are feeling better," Suho started as he looked at JiWoo. "Did you want to have dinner with us?"
 
"I wish I could, but I have to meet someone after your guy's classes are over."
 
This made Kai almost choke. Everyone looked at him.
 
"Are you okay?" Baekhyun asked, looking at him.
 
"Yeah... I'm fine." Kai answered clearing his throat. "Really I am. Just pretend that didn't happen."
 
He felt the note in his pocket. 
 
So it is true. He thought, as he watched JiWoo talk to D.O
 
When class ended, Kai told Sehun he'd stay after for a bit without explaination. Which of course was not needed since Sehun either didn't care or just got the idea. The room was empty and Kai just sat on the floor not even wanting to practice on his own. JiWoo would be coming. He was nervous again. It was just so sudden that she wanted to hang out with him right away. She had followed Suho today. This made Kai wonder why she didn't just follow him the whole day instead. He would of been fine with that. Things weren't coming up as a result.
 
It was quarter till four and JiWoo hadn't arrived. Had she stood him up. Then Kai thought she would never do that. Still he was getting ancey. He even thought about just going back to his dorm. Kai took the note out if his pocket again. He then saw something in the way the handwriting that somehow seemed familiar. Had he seen it before? But looked passed it as he felt the nerve of frustration. When he finally decided to just leave, he heard the door open. Kai stood up. JiWoo had just entered.
 
"Mianhe," she said as it looked like she was trying to catch her breath. "I didn't mean to be this late. I was afraid you would of already went back to the dorm."
 
"You could of at least called you know." Kai joked a little. "But I'll let it pass. I just want to know why you wanted to hang out. And seriously last night? Why were you being creepy? At least show me your face."
 
"Can't a girl have fun with things?" she laughed. "But I did scare you right?"
 
"Uh yeah, you weirdo. Don't even think about doing it again."
 
"Okay okay. But no promises."
 
The rest of the night they just randomly talked, to which Kai found uncomfortable somehow. Just in the way JiWoo spoke made him feel like she was just some whole new type of person. Or he just feels familiar with the type of behavior. Still he continued to cope with her. The meeting ended up short when he got a call from Suho saying he had to come back to the dorm right away to discuss practicing days. After hanging up, he turned his head back to JiWoo but ended up finding her gone out of nowhere. On the floor he found another note from her. Kai didnt understand, but shook it off and just went back to the dorm. When came to Suho's room, everyone was there but D.O. 
 
"He's with JiWoo." Suho answered. "It doesn't bother you does it?"
 
"Ani... I was just wondering that's all." Kai said. "Besides we're not mad at each other anymore. So it's fine."
 
"Friendly compitition?"
 
"Yup."
 
The leader smiled and patted Kai on the back. "Good. I was wondering why he said he was going back to sleep in your guys' room again. Glad it's not a problem anymore."
 
"Sorry hyung, for causing trouble."
 
"That's alright. I kind of liked D.O over. It was a nice roommate experience. Now come on the others are already online."
 
Right when the chat was over, Kai noticed D.O still hadn't come back. He wondered if he was really with JiWoo. The thought carried him before, during and after taking the shower.
 
What's up with her? He thought as he layed in bed. She's never acted like that.
 
The sound of door opening made him look up. Sehun came back from his turn in the showers. The towel hung around his neck. 
 
"Sehun, when did D.O leave to go see JiWoo." Kai asked.
 
"Um, before he was with her for like half an hour or so after school. But then he left like around when Suho called you." Sehun answered. "Wae?"
 
"I don't know, did she act weird today to you?"
 
"I can think a lot of times where she's acted weird."
 
"No, not like those other times where she was silent, i dont know how to explain it, but complete different type of person."
 
"Like a clingy type of person or just crazy out of control?"
 
"Not really clingy but she suddenly just wants to hang out with you right away..."
 
Sehun paused to think about it. "Ani. Not from what I've seen. I don't think there's change from her. Wae? Did she act that way around you?"
 
"I guess... She just wanted hang out suddenly... JiWoo wasn't like that before.."
 
"Well that's good for you right? I mean it's one step closer of wooing her over."
 
"Don't tease about this."
 
"Hey, I'm just trying to put some fun in this. It's easy for me to do it on D.O but I've been waiting for the moment to do it you, so now I'm satisfied."
 
"But are you done?"
 
"For now."
 
Kai rolled his eyes. He should of known mentioning this to Sehun was a bad idea. The maknae was just a little brat sometimes. Now Kai learned to never ask him things again. It was passed curfew and D.O hadn't come back. Sehun was fast asleep and Kai was worried if D.O was going to get caught for being out. His phone lit up as he recived a message from the devil himself.
 
D.O : Since it's almost curfew, I decided to stay with JiWoo for the night. Hope youre not too jelosue.
 
Kai was actually okay with it. He was a little upset but not as much as he use to be. Plus it was for a good reason too. He replied back saying it was okay though he couldn't stop laughing. He was glad he and D.O finally made up. But then his thoughts trailed back to JiWoo. He wondered if she told D.O about their meeting. He wanted to show it off but at the same time he hoped it was only between them. Kai decided to not tell anyone, but only when the time was right. 
 
***
 
The next day, Kai had felt restless. He couldn't sleep due the fact he had been thinking about JiWoo's weird behavior. JiWoo was leaving soon. And niether him or D.O had confessed. Once JiWoo leaves it'll be all over and they'll never be able to see her again. That's why that morning Kai asked D.O to meet in private, after everyone stopped asking why he slept over at JiWoo's room.
 
"Don't you think that's kind of weird?" D.O asked. "I mean can we do it at the same time?"
 
"It's better then not telling her at all." Kai pointed out. "How else are we going to tell her."
 
"I still think its weird. But you're right. We have to tell her. When should we?"
 
"Around lunch should be good."
 
"Okay. Nothing will change between us if she does choose one of us right?"
 
Kai nodded. 
 
The two smiled at each other then started to head to class. Even though they were going to do it at the same time, both were nervous.