Chapter 18

Relationship Problems

Was it real? It couldn't have been. In just one day, Kai had never been so freaked out in his life. After all that had happen today, had JiWoo really just lie? He was now dazed. How was he going to explain this to D.O? He couldn't keep this many secrets from his friend. As he went back to the dorm, still looking dazed, he was decideing if he was going to tell him. When he got to his room, only Sehun was inside. Kai asked him where D.O was.

"With JiWoo I think." Sehun answered. "Why did something happen again?"
 
"A-Ani.... I'll just tell him later, it's not really important." Kai said.
 
"Uh-huh. Sure it is. Anyway, so I heard you two confessed today. Are you two still cool?"
 
"Yeah, she didn't choose any of us. But despite that, D.O's still going after her. I'm still going through my first confession.."
 
"That one? Still? It's been a year already. How long are you going to be like this?"
 
"I wasn't ready to move on. I'm still heart broken."
 
"It was a year ago. And you need to man up. I'm sure that girl regrets her decison by now. Now that you're popular I bet she likes you secretly and you just don't know it."
 
"So you're saying that she likes me now because I'm part of EXO and before I was just a nobody? How is that supposed to make feel better?"
 
"I never said anything about making you feel better."
 
Kai rolled his eyes.
 
"I'm just saying." Sehun said. "We've been only here for almost two years and just with in that amount of time girls have been giving us confessions. Just because we're in EXO."
 
That was true. Kai couldn't count the number of times girls had given them love letters and other things as they confessed. It was only near the end of last year and the begenning of this year. Until JiWoo came no one even bothers to be near them anymore. All of them agreed that JiWoo should stay. If only she could.
 
As he waited for D.O to come back, he kept arguing with himself if he should tell about JiWoo. It would cause more problems if he didn't tell right? The sound of the door opening made Kai jump a little but he pretended as if nothing was really happening. D.O had came back from the shower looking like he was in a good mood. Even though he did get rejected he still didnt let that overtake his mind. 
 
"For a guy who just got rejected, you seem happy. Is there a reason?" Kai asked.
 
"I'm more then happy." D.O grinned. "I so happened to pass by JiWoo when leaving the showrs. I told her I was going to wait for her even though she rejected us. She tried to get me into not doing that, but after a few persuading options, she's giving me a chance."
 
"Seriously?"
 
"Ne. I only have few days left till she leaves for China, so I'll be spending the whole day with her tomorrow."
 
"What if she, I don't know, secretly goes sees someone else?"
 
"Why would she? She promised she hang out with me. JiWoo always keeps her word. It would be unlike her if she didn't."
 
"Right..."
 
D.O noticed the tone in Kai's voice. He couldn't let that pass him. "Did something happen?"
 
Kai jumped a little, startled by the sudden question. "A-Ani."
 
"Kai come on. Something happened. If it deals with JiWoo, I can handle it."
 
The dancer bit his lip. 'I have to tell. He has to know.'
 
"Today, after I finished practice, I think JiWoo just told me she liked me. That she had secretly made her decision. I told to go with you instead but she suddenly kisses me. I swear I did not agree to that."
 
D.O paused, then gave a little chuckle. "She wouldn't do that."
 
"Did you even hear anything I said?"
 
"You must not know her well as I do. I'm sure JiWoo would never do that."
 
Kai was glad D.O was taking it okay, but it was only because D.O thought he was lying. He was about to give up till he recived a text message.
 
"Want me to prove it? I'll prove it. You'll see."
 
***
While D.O and JiWoo were away, Kai went striaght to the practice room durning lunch. All of Idol's Studio was empty. He was waiting for the right time to put his plan into action. When it was around half an hour into lunch, he called D.O to come.
 
"This better prove you're right, or you're wasting both our time." D.O said looking annoyed. "Leaving JiWoo by herself for this?"
 
"She'll come here." Kai said. "I promise. You just hide over there in the closet."
 
D.O raised a brow. "Seriously?"
 
"Ne. She'll be coming."
 
"Or not." 
 
"Just go."
 
As D.O closed the closet door, leaving a crack, Kai went back in his natural state. But as soon as he did, he felt a tap on his shoulder. 
 
"JiWoo?" Kai said little bit loud so D.O could hear.
 
"Glad you said we could hang out again. Hope I'm not late." she said.
 
"I only said if you had time, aren't you supposed to be with D.O?"
 
"He left for some reason, I got a little impatient so here I am."
 
"Don't you think he'd be back by now and wonder where you are?"
 
"I left a note. Now stop talking about him. I like you Kai, not D.O."
 
Before she was able to say anything, D.O came out of the closet, full of anger. She was terrified. The most both boys had ever seen JiWoo has ever been. She couldn't make out any words. D.O then noticed something in her words. Something was not right.
 
"JiWoo huh?" D.O said to her. "You're not her. I can't put my finger on it but I know you're not her. For some reason I feel automatically mad at you for something you already did."
 
She was still silent.
 
"Explain to me why you did this."
 
"That's because she isn't JiWoo."
 
All heads turned to the doorway. Both Kai and D.O had their jaws dropped. Another JiWoo? Was that even possible. The boys exchanged looks. 
 
"I'm the real JiWoo." she approached to the fake JiWoo. "Here stands before you is an imposter."
 
"I knew it." D.O said.
 
"Then who is she?" Kai asked.
 
JiWoo glared at the imposter. "My sister."