Chapter 6

Relationship Problems

After three days of getting comfortable, JiWoo decided to follow Chanyeol to his first class. It was his turn to explain how he got into EXO. The 4th year just use to be a nobody. He was made fun at times and no one really wanted to be with him because he was tall and funny looking. He did his best to fit in but that didn't work out. Suho was the one who brought him in. And because Baekhyun was Chanyeol's roommate, the group started out as a three some again.

When it came to lunch, JiWoo asked Baekhyun the same question. He was just reconized by his voice and Suho was impressed. In the begenning of the year, he and Chanyeol were not close but when Suho came into the picture, the two were no longer awkward around each other.
 
Since Chanyeol had dance with Baekhyun, she went with Sehun and Kai to their dance class. JiWoo just could not take her eyes off of Kai. She couldn't believe she was right. He was a dancer. She had a feeling he could, but her expectations were just topped after watching him. When it came to break, only Sehun came over to JiWoo, while Kai had a little conversation with the teacher.
 
"Sehun may I ask—"
 
"You want to know how I got into EXO huh?" he laughed. "Well, I never intended to be with them in the first place. Kai and D.O got along pretty well right at the start. I was left out of the picture. They did their best to get me involved in things but I refused to do so. Then when I heard both of them were in EXO, I was introduced to the other three."
 
"At least your attidute hasn't changed." she joked.
 
"They take it as second nature. But I have to admit, ever since I've been hanging out with them, my second year has been more entertaining then last year."
 
"What do you mean by more entertaining?" 
 
"I'll end it there."
 
She narrowed her eyes at him but then let it go.

"So I've been wondering," Sehun started, sitting down beside her and also changing the subject. "How'd you know Kai was a dancer?"

JiWoo shrugged. "Just an intention I guess."
 
He laughed. "Well your intentions are very accurate. Kai was supposed to be in a high 3rd year class you know."
 
"Seriously? Why didn't he?"
 
"He just choose not to. I mean we are technically are in a 3rd year class, but just the lower bracket. If you know what I mean."
 
"He should of went to the higher one. If anything it would of been good for him. I mean Kyungsoo taking a high 3rd year singing class, I don't see what it matters."
 
"Yeah that's what we all said. But he refuses. It's a mystery even we EXO memers don't even know about."
 
JiWoo was going to ask more about Kai but break was over and dance class continued. For the rest of the day, JiWoo was now focused on Kai. She wondered why a great dancer like him would choose to be in a lower class. If she had the opportunity to be in a better class she would take it. Not that she would know. It bothered her so much. She wanted to talk to him private but somehow she was scared. Well that and she saw, again, how he and D.O were talking. That bothered her too. The two seemed so close.
 
After the last class ended, JiWoo made the descion to talk to Kai alone. She has at least talked to everyone else once. Though, she wonders their encouter that night even counted. Did it? As they were heading back to Performer's Hall, JiWoo pulled Kai from behind. 
 
"We need to talk." she said firmly. "Don't even think about running away from this."
 
"O-Okay but what is this about?" he asked nervously.
 
Before she was able to continue, the other boys noticed they were far behind. JiWoo was about to come up with something, but Kai ended up saying he show her around the academy more. They went back inside Idol's Hall and entered one of the practice rooms.
 
"How are we able to come back in here?" she asked.
 
"I sometimes practice dance overtime. They allow me so long I make it before curfew." he closed the door and the light. "So what did you—"
 
"You're a dancer. The greatest dancer I've ever seen and you choose to not challenge yourself?"
 
"M-Mwoh?"
 
"Don't give me that. I already know. Sehun told me. You dance better then any 4th year I've seen and you choose to be in a "lower bracket" Are you not proud of the gift you have been given?"
 
"Well that's not—"
 
"Then explain to me why you did that? What was going through your head?"
 
"I just choose not to."
 
"Bull." JiWoo spat. "There has to be a reason. Kyungsoo's in a higher singing class."
 
"It's because he was forced into it. And I had a choice." his suddenly rising them calmed himself down. "It was a choice. They asked me if I wanted to enroll in the class but I didn't want to. I may have a passion for dance but I'd rather stay at a pace that I'm going at. Why do you care anyway?" 
 
She stared at him. "Why do I care? Why do I care? Because I know someone who would love to be in your position. She had a passion for both singing and dancing and with a snap her dreams were forever crushed. She hoped to be on top and just because she was told she wasn't good enough, she stopped. She no longer had the inspiration to keep her talent and hated the performing arts with a cold heart."
 
JiWoo left him silent. Her eyes started to water but continued.
 
"You don't know how bad I want to slap you. Because you're an idiot. If you say you have a passion for dancing then why didn't you give yourself a challenge? I know what really goes on in your mind. You're scared, so scared that you might not be good enough anymore, well guess what? Get over it. You cant be intimidated by one or two people who say you dont have talent. You need to show them you are fit in their position. Idiot."
 
She headed for the door.
 
"Who was the girl?" he asked before she left the room.
 
JiWoo was silent then simply said, "Me." leaving Jongin in shock. Before he could think of anything to say, JiWoo had closed the door behind her.
 
*~*~*~*~*
 
Back in EXO's group of 2nd years room, Sehun was questioning D.O's action everytime he mentioned if JiWoo had a boyfriend. It was coming down where he brought everyone else in making D.O spill. The tortured 2nd year did his best not to say anything. All he really wanted was to be left alone.
 
"D.O come on. Where is the trust?" Chanyeol said. "We've come to the point where it doesn't matter."
 
"Then if it doesn't matter, why are you guys trying so hard to make me say something that I'd like to keep to myself?" D.O said.
 
"Because, it's about JiWoo." Sehun said. "The girl who made two people cry on her first day."
 
"The only person I trust is Suho. Still I don't even want to say anything."
 
"Then whisper it in my ear then." Barkhyun said. "That way it'll be me saying it instead of you."
 
"I don't want it to be said by anyone!"
 
"Just tell us!" their leader said impatiently. "It's just JiWoo. She won't know. So long as none of us mention it. Agreed?"
 
They all nodded their heads, then waited patiently for D.O to say something.
 
"Alright. Fine, maybe I kind of see her more then—"
 
"Ha! I knew it!" Sehun said. "You do like her! I knew it! I knew it! D.O likes JiWoo! D.O likes JiWoo!"
 
"YAH! Shut up!" D.O hissed. 
 
"When did this start to happen?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"On her first day... When you came into the classroom with her..."
 
"Are you saying it was love at first sight?" Chanyeol asked.
 
D.O kept his mouth shut and then the boys started to again. As his friends continued with the mockery, D.O climbed into bed and covered himself up to hide away from his embarrassment. But he did like her. Maybe just a little. And what if it was love at first sight. He's never felt this way for a girl before. Ever. There were times where he would think it was a bad idea to have feelings for her but then he thought it would be a good experience for him. Lately he has been daydreaming about her. He had never been so distracted before. Luckily he didn't get caught. The only problem that he wasn't going to tell anyone till he knew JiWoo fully. Obviously that didn't work out so well. Now that the secret is out, his friends wont stop bugging him if he confessed yet. If it were still kept it to himself, and knew if his feelings were really true, then he wouldn't do it at all. Still he planned to meet her after dance or something to understand her more. She did after all made a promise to him, and he's still waiting. 
 
Soon the teasing stopped when Kai entered the room. He on the other kept the conversation he had with JiWoo to himself. A lot was on his mind as he had left the practice room. His friends didn't seem to notice on how he looked like he was in so much thought. It was good for him anyway. Kai really didn't want them to know what was wrong. He sat on his bed and assured Suho and Baekhyun that JiWoo made back to her room safely. That's what he hoped. D.O noticed the stutter in his firends voice and sought to figure out if he was telling the truth or not. He took out his phone and quickly sent a message to JiWoo.
 
D.O: hey are you in your room? Please don't lie to me.
 
He waited pacitenly for her reply but wasn't getting anything back for awhile. He didn't want to get out from the covers just yet.
 
JiWoo: Ne. I'm in my room. I promise that. Wae?
D.O: Just checking. I noticted Kai looking down when he came back into our room. Did something happen?
JiWoo: It's a long story, but I really don't want to talk about it.
D.O: okay. Just wondering was all.
JiWoo: and... I might not follow you guys tomorrow...
D.O: why not?
JiWoo: just don't be surprised if I say I'm sick or not.
 
He rose a brow and wondered why she would say that. Then he glanced at Kai and thought: what happened between them. After saying goodnight to JiWoo, he placed his phone down and came out of the covers. All heads were turned to him.
 
"Mwoh?"
 
"We can tell Kai right?" Baekhyun asked. "It's only fair."
 
"Can someone please just tell me what the big fuse is about?" Kai was now getting impatient.
 
D.O nodded. Of course he would tell him. They were close. Even if he wasn't going to confess he'd still tell Kai.
 
There was soon a debat on who was going to tell Kai the big news but with a big fight over something stupid was taken over, Kai just went up to D.O himself.
 
"You have something to say."
 
D.O took a deep breath. "I think I like JiWoo."
 
Kai was taken aback but acted like it didn't affect him. He simply smiled saying it would be good for D.O and all in response he said, "Fighting." hoping his friend will confess. But really, he didn't want that to happen. In truth, Kai may have liked JiWoo too.