Chapter 13

Relationship Problems

Right when JiWoo came out of her room the next morning, EXO was already waiting out her door. As they walked out of Perofrmer's Hall, JiWoo noticed Kai was a little up ahead talking to Baekhyun while D.O was just in front of her. She would normally see the two together but it was the first time she's seen them sepereate. She tapped on Chanyeol's shoulder to ask what was wrong.

"Uh..." he slowly looked at D.O who turned his head a bit. "I haven't had a clue. I don't think it's anything to worry about."
 
The group reached Idol's Studio. Like always they would disscuss who JiWoo would be going with for the day but that all changed after Kai quickly took JiWoo by the hand, volunteering himself then ran inside before anyone had the chance to say something about it. All the boys turned to D.O who was slowly showing a little anger but he remembered he would see JiWoo at the garden durning lunch so his expression softened as the thought ran through his head. As for the others, they were confused and headed to their classes.
 
JiWoo couldn't keep up with Kai. She almost felt like stumbling over. As they continued to get to Kai's class, JiWoo hoped D.O wasnt to upset because she did promise to spend the day with him. She also wondered why Kai was suddenly acting confident. Before he would stay back, afraid to even touch her, but now that clearly has changed. 
 
"Yah, Jongin!" JiWoo called. "Stop! I can't keep up with you."
 
He stopped and turned his head. "Oh mianhe JiWoo. I just a little excited."
 
"A little? You call that a little?" she narrowed her eyes. "You should ask first before making a descion already. I promised D.O I would spend the whole day with him. You better be lucky he won't be mad."
 
"Ah right... my bad." Curse you D.O
 
When it came to lunch, JiWoo told Kai she had to go. She didn't want any delays so she ran to the garden quickly. JiWoo was seriously upset when Kai just took her without her say in it. She never did understand Kai's actions in the first place but this is the first time it's made her angry. That's when she saw D.O, repetitively said sorry.
 
"It's alright JiWoo." he said with a smile. "It's not your fault." 
 
"But I promised you." she said. "And you're not even a bit angry?"
 
"No not really, I mean I am a little but I don't think it's a big deal." Am I kidding? It is a big deal. For me!
 
"Well I still feel bad. From now till crefew I'm staying with you. So what's planned?"
 
"I wanna show another skill I have besides singing."
 
"Which is?"
 
He held out his hand. "We have to hurry before lunch is over. Are you ready to run?"
 
"Wait." she re-tied her shoes then grabbed his hand. "Okay I'm good. And thank you for asking if I was ready first unlike Kai."
 
"I would never do that to you. Now keep up okay."
 
"I'll try."
 
The two ran out of the garden. D.O lead JiWoo to the cafeteria but instead of going through the front, they went through the kitchen. They avoided the chefs who were still cooking. JiWoo questioned why she was brought here but she figured D.O would have the answer soon enough. He lead her to a door and they both quietly entered the room. As he locked the door, JiWoo looked around the room they were in. It was kitchen but only that. The room looked like it was actually part of a normal house.
 
"Kyungsoo, why did you bring me here?" she asked still looking around.
 
"Remember I brought you here to show you my other talent." he grabbed an apron and pushed her into chair to see over the counter. "And it's also hobby I like to do. Yoon JiWoo, you are the very first audience member to watch Do Kyungsoo cook live."
 
"Ah really? You cook?" her eyes began to lit up. "I would of never thought of that."
 
"Well believe it." 
 
As he began to cook, D.O did not feel a slight nervous. He perpared the food professionally and JiWoo did not dare to interrupt. She noticed how focused he was. She felt like if she had said anything he would get mad and yell at her. Then again he doesn't look like that type of person but JiWoo didn't want to take any chances.
 
"You can talk to me if you want. I don't mind." D.O laughed, looking up.
 
"Sorry, you just seem so concentrated. I didn't want to be a bother."
 
"If you were a bother I wouldn't have brought you here to watch me. You're the only one who's ever been here with me. I don't like the others knowing I do this anyway."
 
"Why not?"
 
"You're not the only one who can keep things to themselves." he laughed. "If they saw me doing this, they make me cook for them everyday."
 
"How often do you come here?"
 
"On occassion. To get away from the others sometimes."
 
"When did you start doing this?"
 
"Last year, I was just wandering on my own and I just this urge to cook. There use to be a door over there" he pointed to the wall behind her, making her turn. "I entered through there and found this place. I didn't know it was part of the cafeteria. The head chef here saw me what I was doing but when he took a bite out the stuff I made he only gave me a warning to not come here again."
 
"Obviously you didn't listen did you..."
 
"Yeah but I haven't been caught since then."
 
JiWoo raised a brow. "Seriously?"
 
"Okay there was this one time where he got me but I joined EXO. I guess it has it's advantages."
 
"So in other words you were given speical treatment?"
 
D.O paused. "Sure..."
 
Soon he was done cooking and JiWoo was really impressed. She couldn't believe how well a good cook he was. It was the best thing she's ever eaten since she arrived to SM Academy. The two continued to eat the food. 
 
"Kyungsoo why didn't you show me this sooner." JiWoo asked after finished eating. "I could of been eating all of this instead of the regular school food here even if it was made by perfossionals, yours is still better."
 
"Well I'm glad you like it. And since you did, I'll cook something for your trip to SM-M Academy."
 
"That would be nice. Komawo Kyungsoo."
 
They smiled at each other, then starts to clean up quickly before they got caught. Even if D.O was part of EXO, JiWoo didn't want to take any chances. The two exited quietly, again not seen by the chefs who seemed to wrap up their duties, as they headed toward Idol's Studio. JiWoo had forgotten they did not eat with the other members. It was just the two of them. Her mind went back to Kai acting so weirdly and why he hadn't spoken to D.O like he always did this morning. She just had to know. When she began to ask, her question had changed last minute.
 
"Well its really just for the big end of the year festival we have at this academy." he answered. "We as a group get to perform. Despite are strengths and weaknesses we had to practice together as much as possible. But then you arrived. We were given a long break because since Baekhyun was your guide, we didn't want him to miss out on practices. I think once you go to SM-M Academy, we'll be practicing again."
 
"I want to watch. I wouldn't have mind at all." JiWoo said. "Is it only the six of you who will be performing?"
 
"Kris and the others from SM-M, are part of EXO as well so they'll be joining us. They skip the few weeks of school just to come here to practice with us."
 
"That's still cool though. I wish I could come watch."
 
"Maybe I can ask the others if we could practice for today. Just so that you have an idea."
 
"Seriously?"
 
"Sure. Hopefully tonight."
 
"Cool."
 
Just being able to see her smile so much made D.O happy as well but at the same time he felt the butterflies in his stomach. The feelings were acting up again. His heart was pounding hard against his chest. If the others did agree to practicing tonight, then D.O felt pressure, even if it was just JiWoo watching. Performing in front of his love was something that didn't cross his mind.