Chapter 28

Relationship Problems

He was glad he was able to see her smile a lot. He suddenly already felt like she was his. In his mind, he had that connection from the start but now he guessed it won't come to reality. He lost all hope of hearing her answer. D.O stood back most of the time when having the welcome back party for JiWoo. He could of of just planned to spend the day by himself with her but he knew he probably had the most. When he looked the other way as they were eating some of the cake, he felt a tap on the shoulder.

"Kyungsoo, can we talk." JiWoo asked.
 
He was shocked to hear her say that but nodded and followed her outside. His heart was pounding fast. He knew he shouldn't have been nervous but he continues to be this way. At first he expected to be a small silence before talking, but it surprised him that she had already started to talk.
 
"Are you sure you didn't talk to anyone yesterday before you saw me? Please don't lie." JiWoo said to him.
 
D.O knew he could not lie. He looked down and was ashamed. "I... I did actually..."
 
"Was it my sister?"
 
"H-How did you—" He looked her. "You saw what happened, didn't you?"
 
"Well no, but I had a pretty good idea when I saw you boys coming out of the practice room. I went inside and saw the devil crying her eyes out. She started telling me sorry not even explaining what she was sorry for. Then she started to mention about my acceptance letters, that she was the one who messed with them. So I figured you managed to get her to spill." she looked away and mumbled something under her breath.
 
"Mwoh?"
 
"G-Gomawo."
 
He smiled. "Well your welcome. But that's not what I ment. Managed to get her to spill? Does that mean you knew all this time?"
 
JiWoo let out a small laugh. "For you I'll say it honestly. Yes I knew she did it all along."
 
"Why didn't you say anything?"
 
She looked off to the side. "I wanted to give her lesson. When she saw me open my letters, I could already sense the guilt she had when trying to say sorry. She never comforts me. So right then I knew she had done something wrong. I was going to speak up, saying what a she is but the idea of playing it along got me thinking, I'll make her feel even more guilty then she already is."
 
"But it's been three years right? Did you ever think that you could of just given up?"
 
She gave sigh. "Maybe. Seeing her look at me when she came home on vacation days, as our parents started to praise her right in front of me, JiMin knew she didn't deserve it. I knew at some point she would just confess out of the blue. But I got to say, she put up a fight. Besides she doesn't take acting classes for nothing. Still, I thank you for finally getting her to crack, I don't think I'd be able to last another year."
 
D.O was still in shock that JiWoo had known about it from the very start. He had gone all that trouble for her, but she was already steps ahead of him. So much for impressing her.
 
"So what will happen to you and your sister?" he asked.
 
She shrugged. "Who knows... But I won't forgive her. That's for sure...Never."
 
The two were silent and watched the sun set. JiWoo kept saying to herslef that she would say her answer to him but was too nervous to do so. She tried to force herself but something else came out instead.
 
"I leave next week." JiWoo said suddenly, not wanting to remember that at all.
 
"I know. But I want you to stay."
 
"Kyungsoo—"
 
"You have to stay."
 
"But they won't allow me. Once you've auditioned they can't have you do it again. You should know that."
 
"Actually there is a way." a voice said.
 
They turned their heads and saw Xiumin standing before them.
 
"Ah, Minseok long time no see." JiWoo smiled, remembering that EXO-M's flight was an hour after hers.
 
"Hyung when did you get here? Are the others here too?" D.O asked.
 
"Ne, we just got here. The other's went to go settle in." he then sat next to JiWoo. "Back to you being able to attend, yes you can get into SM academy. Just not this one. SM-K academy's spots fill up pretty fast so they dont allow second chances. Even if you were good when they said."
 
"Wait hold up. I can still get into SM-M even though I auditioned already." JiWoo asked.
 
"Of course, you technically didn't say no to SM-M academy. Or it seemed. Still you can attend there. They kept your audition tape. And have been using it as examples for the first years when we start school. I'm sure when you start they'll have you skip that secession. You'll automaically be a third year next year with Tao."
 
JiWoo's eyes brighten up.
 
"Your not saying this just to get our hopes up right hyung?" D.O asked.
 
"SM-M takes foreigners. It's the only academy that does between the two. How do you think Kris, Chen and I got in?"
 
JiWoo then started to squeal. "This is awesome I'll be able to get in... I... I... Can leave home... I'd never thought I'd be leaving home... Esspecilly for overseas... My parents are going to flip. Thank you Minseok for finding this out. I owe you big time." she gave him a great big hug. 
 
D.O was happy that she was able to get in to the academy but it ment she would be away from him. And he wanted her to be close to him as possible. He had mixed feelings. But he knew he had to let her go. He was just glad JiWoo was smiling, the most he's ever seen her done since her arrival.
 
"Well, I'd better make a call." she stood up. "I'll catch up with you guys later."
 
After she disappeared, Xiumin looked at D.O and said, "You owe me too you know."
 
"Mwoh?"
 
"You really think it was easy for me to convince the super attendant to get her in? Of all the things to get away with this was probably the most difficult. Those other times I swear she was just blabbering. Seriously, if JiWoo doesn't become your girlfriend in the end, I'm sure Chen won't mind taking her."
 
"Hyung..."
 
"Mwoh?"
 
"Gomawo."
 
Xiumin smiled at his dongsaeng and him a pat on the back. "Let's go, I think we might have paractice soon."
 
The two went back to Idol's Studio. When they entered the practice room the other members of EXO-M were already there with the rest. The 12 started to catch up with each other. It was nice to finally talk to everyone in person instead on the screen. Then when asked about where JiWoo was, D.O's smiled dissappeared. Xiumin answered for him.
 
"She's had to take a phone call. I'm sure she'll be right back."
 
That's what D.O hoped. It was finally time to practice a little bit and he wanted to see her before everything got crazy. Every second he would look at the door to see if she would be the one to open it but by the time to go back to the dorm, JiWoo never returned. He passed by her room thinking she was already asleep. While everyone was still talking, D.O sat quietly looking a little depressed. It was not even curfew but left the Suho's room, and decided to go to bed. He just couldn't come to state of being happy at all. As he sat on his bed he took out his phone, but saw he had two missed calls and a text message. In a split second, after reading the message, he ran out of his room, heading for the garden.