Chapter 7

Relationship Problems

It was finally the first weekend at SM Academy ever since JiWoo came. There were no classes. She was happy that she could sleep in, but then she remembered. She had been rain checking D.O for the past couple of days which made her feel bad. She wanted to make it up to him. After grabbing her phone, she sent a text to him to meet at the garden. As she got his reply, that's all she needed then headed out. 

It was early in the morning and no one was up. The peace couldn't possibly be disturbed. She went to the garden and it soothed her calmly. No one was around and D.O had yet to arrive. In her head she had song that she would always hear. It fit the setting. She was humming. Soon she was just saying every other word. Then without even knowing she was singing the whole song. 
 
"Wow, you have a great voice."
 
She spun her head around. Her eyes widen. She couldn't say anything because she realized how stupid she was to let he gaurd down. Another secret was out. 
 
"JiWoo I didn't know you could sing."
 
"W-Who said it was me singing?" she stuttered. "M-Maybe you're just hearing things..."
 
He laughed. "I'm sure it was you who was singing."
 
"No it wasn't."
 
"Come on JiWoo it was you. You were singing."
 
"Did you come here to figure out a mystery or to hang out with me?"
 
"Not until you admit you were singing before."
 
"Ah, seriously Kyungsoo?" she said feeling frustrated. "Fine... It was me... Can we move on now?"
 
He continued to laugh as he walked along beside her. "Sorry. I won't tease you about it. You sing nicely."
 
"Yeah well don't mention it to anyone. Not even your firends."
 
"Why keep it a secret?"
 
"I just don't want people to know okay? Can we leave it at that?"
 
"Okay okay. I won't talk about it anymore."
 
They walked around the garden some more as D.O explained how it came to existence. There were times where he couldn't get the sound of JiWoo singing out of his head. It made him like her even more. He badly wanted to talk about it, asking why she never thought about enrolling for SM Academy, besides the fact that her sister was going here. The two subjects he actually wanted to talk about were the ones she forbid then to be brought up. Still he was glad she asked to hang out with her in the morning. Twice he had the courage to be alone, but she was the one to say no. D.O really wished they were together later at night but at this point it didn't matter. He just wanted to be with her. Now that the secret was out, the rest of EXO will be asking everything about this when he returns. When she wasn't looking D.O wanted to lock hands with JiWoo. But he was scared to do so. So he did his best to resist. His heart would pound whenever he see her smile or just look at him for a really long time. They sat a bench as they watched the water flowed.
 
"Kyungsoo. Can I ask about something?" JiWoo asked suddenly after the silence.
 
"Ne." he jumped a little. "What is it?"
 
"Jongin told me you were forced into the singing class. Is that true?"
 
"Ah that... Well sort of. They just asked if I'd be okay in a higher class. I answered that I wouldn't mind but I prefer not to be. Still they ended up placing me where I am now. But actually I'm kind of glad I was forced in because obviously I love to sing and it helps me push to become a better singer. And yeah I like it so who am I to complain."
 
"Well I'm glad you have that attitude, unlike Mr. Cool Dancer."
 
"Why are you suddenly putting Kai into this?"
 
"You remember how I reconized he was a dancer just by looking at him."
 
D.O nodded. "Ne, I was really surprised."
 
"When I looked at him, not only did I think he was a dancer, but I thought he was ready to tackle anything that came at him. Of all things I thought dance would be the easiest to him. Whether the task was easy or difficult. But after talking to him, I'd learned that he's weak."
 
"I have to agree with you."
 
JiWoo stared at him. "You do?"
 
"Ne. Kai may look tough but he's not much of a person who would want a challenge. I feel like his problem is that he can't handle pressure."
 
"Wae?"
 
D.O sighed. "He told me once that he was challenged all the time, that regular school was just too much for him. Studying for exams got him stressed and he almost committed suicide."
 
"Well yeah that happens to all of us." JiWoo said. "Most of the people I'm classmates with try so hard to be ranked number one. I don't see any difference."
 
"True but it really was hard for him. His parents were on him all the time making sure he got at least decent grades. Even teachers did this. When it came to discussing grades with his friends who so happened to have way higher scores them him, he felt ashamed in hanging around them. So he started pushing himself. In the end, he just couldn't take it anymore. He continued to dance but it was something he didn't want anyone to push him in. Kai was so happy that he came to SM Academy. His parents were kind of disappointed but they let him go. Anything to get their son to be successful in life."
 
JiWoo now felt bad. She had yelled at him and called him an idiot. If only she had known. The guilt was now crawling up. For the last few days, she had been ignoring Kai because of how furious she was with him that night. He was making an effort in creating a conversation with her. JiWoo had either brushed him aside or just refused to talk to him. Now she wonders of he was mad at her.
 
"You're close with him aren't you?" JiWoo asked looking down with guilt.
 
"I guess. We talk a lot. I sometimes see him talk to the others but mostly to me. Yeah... I was the only one who knows the real story behind his choice."
 
JiWoo figured D.O would of known all along. She can clearly see that him and Kai have a really close bond. You had to be blind if you couldn't see it. It then came to her that she had to apologize. Easy. But for Yoon JiWoo, saying sorry was not her thing.
 
"Does... Jongin hate me?" she asked shuffling her feet.
 
"Why would he?" D.O almost laughed.
 
"I kind of yelled at him a couple days ago. Sehun told me about his choice. And I over did it when I talked to him."
 
"Ah no wonder you two haven't been talking. Or you haven't been talking to him. And he's been so quiet when we get back to our room. He stayed in the practice rooms longer then usual last night. It was almost crefew."
 
"You think you can tell him to meet me in the first dance room at Idol's Stidio? I would tell him myself but I don't have his number."
 
"Sure. I'll do that."
 
"Gomawo Kyungsoo."
 
The two continued the day together by having breakfast at the cafeteria. As they were in deep conversation, JiWoo felt someone's presents once again. She shook it off because she didn't want D.O to worry. Still it continued to bother her. It felt like a knife was stabbing her in the back. She could feel the person's eyes burn right through her. When D.O wasn't paying attention, JiWoo hesitantly turned her head and looked around the cafeteria. There were only a small number students inside and the person's stare was no longer present. She slowly continued to eat her food. Something was thrown at her. It was a crumpled napkin that read: Always watching, be careful the rest of your stay here. JiWoo took a glance at the entrance and her eyes widen. She quickly stood up starring at the doors, making D.O jump a little and started to ask if something was wrong. JiWoo ignired his question. She was hoping he really didn't notice but that wasn't the problem she was concerened about. She crumppled up the napkin back into her fist after watching someone walking out.