Chapter 8

Relationship Problems

He managed to get so close yet so far. He knew it was the most he had ever smiled and laughed with anyone. There was no deny that his feelings were true which made him decide to confess on the spot. The sooner the better. But because of one phone call, he was intrrputed and was not able to finish. He could of continued, but JiWoo was exhausted and wanted to rest up before seeing Kai. After she went inside her room, D.O let out frustrated sigh. He may have only known her for one week, but it was good enough for him. She was here for only two mouths and if he waited even longer it would be too late. D.O was still happy though. He got to be with her alone even longer then he expected. He could not complain to that. Still he wished he had said it.

As he went upstairs, he thought about all the questions he's friends would shoot at him. At first he planned to just ignore it them but that wasn't really going to help at all. He quickly opened the door knowing the questions would come but instead, it was quiet. Sehun and Kai were not inside. D.O checked their beds. Empty. It was almost noon. He would of thought they would all still be sleeping. Before he was going to start calling one of them he heard the door open. It was Kai who had just came back from the showers. His hair was a little damp and a towel was around his neck. Kai was shocked to see D.O when he came in.
 
"When did you get back?" Kai asked.
 
"Just now." D.O answered. "Where's Sehun?"
 
"I don't know. He was up when I headed to the showers this morning. Did you check the other's rooms."
 
There was a sudden burst of laughter coming from the Suho's room. The words, "Seriously, he likes her." was also heard. They looked at each other then ran to the room. The door was a open a bit so right away D.O made his way in without even knocking. The rest of EXO was on video chat with their friends from China. They slowly turned their heads to see the main character of their topic standing at the doorway. It was now silent.
 
"Whats going on here?" D.O asked then he saw the computer screen. "What did they tell you?"
 
"D.O calm down its nothing serious." Suho assured him, closing the laptop. There was a small "yah!" that was heard.
 
"You told them didn't you?"
 
"Well yeah... but, theyre part of the group too. They have to know. And it's not like they will ever see her."
 
"True but you go on telling them without even waiting for me? Which by the way, you couldn't have any better timing with..."
 
"Wait, we're you about to—"
 
"Ne! I was this close and—BAM—opportunity was gone."
 
"Oh my god you almost confessed!" Chanyeol said, getting excited.
 
"I'm still having a hard time believing that you like JiWoo." Baekhyun said. "I mean, of all the girls, you go for the tough Yoon JiWoo, who've you only known for a week. Don't you think you're taking things a little too fast?"
 
D.O gave a blank stare but he did have to agree with Baekhyun. Still he didn't care. He had met the real JiWoo. She was just tough looking. Once you really get to know her, she's a lot of fun to be around. He couldn't count the number of times he saw her smile that made his heart flip. Her laugh was just the cutest thing he's ever heard. Her voice was the true music to his ears. Hearing her sing was probably the best thing to make his day. If only he could hear more of it. 
 
"What will you do if she rejects you?" Sehun asked.
 
"I just want her to know how I feel." D.O answered. "It be nice if she liked me back but knowing that she's only here for two mouths, I really don't mind if she doesnt feel the same way. "
 
"At least you'll take it lightly. That's good." Suho said.
 
As the others started to ask D.O about what happened this morning with JiWoo, Kai stood in silence just listening to it. He couldn't believe his own friend likes the same girl as him. It bothered him as he wondered if JiWoo really did like D.O back. When the question "why do you like JiWoo?" was asked for D.O, Kai thought about his answer. Was it becuase she reminded him if someone he once knew? Or was it something else? Either way, he didn't have a good enough reason. Nothing compared to what his friend said, which was her smile, laugh and a third thing that D.O had to keep to himself.
 
"It's something really special about her and I can't tell anyone. She made me promise." D.O said with a small smile.
 
Special? Kai thought. There was something special about her. This made him wonder if D.O knew about JiWoo's ability to sing and dance. Like if he witnessed it himself. Now his head was full of thought. JiWoo was everywhere in his head. But he couldn't see why JiWoo wouldn't like D.O. He was a great guy and was nice to everyone. Plus his singing was a big part of him. Kai couldn't stop thinking if she was still mad at him. He was trying so hard to talk to her. She would never like him because he wasn't confident in his dancing. Or so it seemed.
 
Kai just couldn't take anymore of the conversation. But he knew it would of been rude of him to just walk in the middle of it and not explain the reason. To ease the pain of thinking JiWoo never liking him, he stared out the window, thinking back to what JiWoo had told him before she left.
 
"Youll never be able to become a dancer unless you push yourself. Don't take things easy."
 
Those words were cramed in his head for awhile now. He knew he should ask to be in the other class. But he wondered if that would still prove to JiWoo that he loves to dance more then anything. When all the questions were done asked, D.O came over and noticed he was in deep thought.
 
"Do you have a minute?" D.O asked. "You don't have anything planned for today do you?"
 
Kai looked at him weirdly. "Um ani..."
 
"Good, because JiWoo wants to see you tonight."
 
"M-Mwoh?"
 
"JiWoo needs to talk to you about something. You should go. It's important."
 
This made Kai wonder if D.O knew about the conversation he had with JiWoo. "You know about..."
 
"About what?"
 
"Nevermind. Wait so she doesn't hate me?"
 
"I don't think so. Go find out yourself."
 
"But you like her don't you? It doesn't bother you that she wants to see me alone."
 
"You know how I feel about her. Why should I worry? It's not like you have feelings for her too right?"
 
All Kai could do was nervously laugh along with his friend.
 
"Oh and by the way I gave her your number just now. So expect a message from her." D.O then headed out the door. Before Kai could respond to that, his phone buzzed. 
 
JiWoo: hey it's me. Meet me in the practice room we were in last time. We need to talk.
 
"Looks like I have no choice then..." He thought.