Chapter 24

Relationship Problems

Ten days had passed and D.O was in panic. It was getting closer to the day when JiWoo would be coming back. He didn't even have a lead. And there was no one else to turn too. That was until he thought of a risky idea. It pained him that he had to go into the theater just to go find JiMin and ask her a question. The students in the acting department were freaking out that someone from another department had just entered. Especially when it was a member of EXO. Right away he saw JiMin on stage ordering people around. D.O was imagining JiWoo doing that and he really did see her. Well the girls were twins after all. 

After giving the orders, JiMin smiled brightly. She liked being the boss. It made her feel good. But her smile vanished, when she saw D.O approach her. Clearly her mood was bitter as usual.
 
"Just answer my questions, and I'll leave right afterwards." D.O stated. "As simple as that."
 
She rolled her eyes. "Fine. Just won't promise anything."
 
"When are you're parents usually home?"
 
"I don't know. Around four or five." she shrugged. "Depends, usually since JiWoo isn't home now. Wae? Are you planning to tell my parents you want to marry JiWoo?" she laughed.
 
"Not quit." He said, which made her stop laughing and stare at him. "I do plan on talking to your parents though."
 
"Do Kyungsoo, you're wasting your time. Solving this won't get my sister to like you."
 
"This isn't about her getting to like me." my phone rang which interrupted what D.O  was going to say next.
 
"You don't even know where I live." she said as he answered the phone.
 
It was Chanyeol giving a signal that they succeed in finding the information D.O wanted. After a couple nods and hanging up, he faced JiMin, picking where they left off.
 
"Now I do." he said with a smirk. "See you soon JiMin."
 
He turned his back to her, only to leave open. The students watched D.O leave the theater, the first non-acting student to enter the Actor's department.
 
It was around six, and it had been forever since D.O had stepped outside of campus. Even though it wasn't a holiday, D.O had to make up an excuse that he had to be home for a family emergency. The principal did not believe him till there was actually phone call that so happened to say that D.O had to come home. It was actually Chanyeol pretending to be D.O's dad. He was then given permission to leave campus for the day. He took the bus arriving just a few blocks away from the Yoon residents. He wondered if he should be nervous or not. Or in fact what he should even say. D.O knew what he was doing was really random but he had to do this. He came alone. And that's the way he wanted it to be. When he came to the house, he saw cars in the driveway which he figured that their parents were already home. He hesitantly knocked on the door. When it opened, a lady had gave a small smile.
 
D.O bowed. "Annyonghasahyo. I'm Do Kyungsoo. Im sorry but may I ask, are you Yoon JiWoo's mother?"
 
She looked abit surprised but answered, "Ne."
 
"I'm one of her firends she made at SM Academy. I know this is a random time and I'm aware JiWoo is in China right now, but is it okay I ask you and your husband some questions about her."
 
"May I ask why."
 
He was caught off gaurd. He didn't think of that reason. After putting thought into it, he answered with, "I'm trying to think of a way for JiWoo to stay at SM Academy. But I need to know acouple of things from her parents first."
 
Ms. Yoon's expression lighted. "JiWoo in SM Academy? Oh that would be nice to think about. Very well. You may come in. Sit down and make yourself at home. I'll go fetch my husband."
 
D.O sighed with relief and couldn't believe that worked. Technically he wasn't lying. He sat down on the couch as he waited for Ms. Yoon to get her husband. He looked around and saw a family portrait hanging the wall. It was hard for D.O to determine who was JiWoo or JiMin at first, but he saw the difference only after a few minutes. He saw other pictures of the girls on shelves. You would think these sisters would have a great bound just by the way they smiled at each other. It was hard to believe the two weren't that close.
 
"Ne, it's probably possible for her to get into the academy. We have to ask the boy first." he heard Ms.Yoon's voice come closer. When both of the adults were in sight, D.O stood up bowing to both.
 
"Annyonghasahyo." he greeted to Mr. Yoon., who then gestured D.O to sit.
 
"What is your name son?" Mr. Yoon asked as the adults sat down. 
 
"Do Kyungsoo, sir."
 
"Ah, so what is this about my daughter attending SM Academy?"
 
"From my understanding, JiWoo told me she auditioned for the academy and was told her score was higher then everyone else's before even receiving the accpetence letter." D.O started. "Were you two aware of this?" 
 
Mr. Yoon sighed. He looked at his wife and they both gave a frown. As if it pained them to remember.
 
"Ne. She told us. She never usually tells lies so we believed she was telling the truth." Ms. Yoon answered. "We were all excited getting ready to pack and everything but that's when the mail came in. When she opened the envelope, we were already expecting the good news. Instead she got rejected. But her sister did. So we have been focusing on JiMin for awhile."
 
"When did you receive the letters?"
 
"I believe it was around the end of August."
 
D.O raised a brow. "Are you sure?"
 
The adults both nodded. 
 
"Do you have the letter? Is it okay that I see it?" he asked.
 
"It might be in JiWoo's room. I don't know what she did with it. She might have thrown it away. Why did you need them?"
 
"Ne. To make sure we have proof."
 
"You have permission to look for it if you want. We would look for it but we have to go somewhere in a few minutes." Mr. Yoon said. "But we really want our JiWoo to be in SM Academy."
 
"Well... I can't garentee." D.O said. "It's very hard to convince these people."
 
"We would be fine with her going to SM-M Academy if it's possible."
 
"I'll do the best I can. Thank you for your time Mr. and Ms. Yoon. Could you please direct me to JiWoo's room? I'll try to look quickly."
 
After the adults nodded, D.O bowed once again and went upstairs. He noticed a sign with JiWoo was name on the door. Before going in, he just stared at at it. He then looked behind him. It was JiMin's room. On the door was a note that read: last visit: spring break.
 
He turned back and slowly opened JiWoo's bedroom door. The first thing he noticed was that there was a little mic check and record system in the corner of her room. It was hidden under a blanket and it looked like it hadn't been touched in years. Before he began searching, he quickly began to dust it. After placing the blanket over it again, he came over to her desk and began to search for the letters. D.O felt bad going through her belongings. Heck he felt terrible for just being in here. But he didn't want her going back to her old school where she would be miserable for the rest of her life. Plus he wouldn't be able to see her again because JiWoo did not tell him what school she was originally from. Just having her number was just not good enough. He searched every possible place but did not have any luck. When he decided to give up, D.O rearranged everything back as if nothing happened. He closed the door behind him and gave a sigh, then looked at JiMin's door again.
 
He had the urge to go in there. After checking to see if the parents weren't coming up, D.O quickly went inside. It was defiantly different compared to JiWoo's room. Every wall was covered with famous actors and actresses. There were a lot of Shakespeare books on the bookshelf. But what really caught D.O's eyes was something peaking out of her pillow case. He took it out and looked at the inside of the cover. It turned out to be JiMin's diary.