The Trigger

Wanted

"Six years ago, the world as we once knew it was changed. Things once known as continents can only be read in history books now. After the great awakening, the world's continents shifted and merged once again. The main continent became known as Central while the remaining pieces left behind are just remnants of a time gone and are now called islands. With the great awakening, many people around the world received abilities. Some people used these abilities for evil while others rose to stand up and defend. As time went on the order, known as the Aquatics was formed in order to maintain the peace. Their name came to be because of the great awakening. With shift of the continents the world's oceans seem to dominate the world. With the vast ocean, the age of pirates once again made its mark on the world." Hana's mother stated.

"Omma, why do you always tell that story?" Hana asked looking at her mother.

"It's nice to know about our past, and you seem to forget that all the time."

"How can I forget with this constant reminder?" She said looking at her metal covered arm.

"It will take some time for you to control your ability, just be glad you didn't lose control. Who knows what could have happened."

"You could have ended up an enemy of Central." Her father said walking in.

"Like you could harm your own daughter." Her mom said laughing.

"We got a report about some kids receiving bounties." He explained.

"Oh my, what happened?" She asked.

"They lost control and are causing a ruckus in different parts of Central." He explained.

"My goodness, how many children are causing a scene?"

"Too many kids; floods, lightning, fire, people suddenly dropping dead. And that's just in a small part of central." He explained.

"That is a problem, what are the other admirals doing about it?" She asked.

"We've lost many to these kids; their bounties are all higher than 500 million Veni."

"How much is that in dollars?" Hana asked.

"You should really pay attention in class sweetie." her mother explained. "I know the great awakening happened when you were ten, but you're sixteen now, you should know the official currency of the world by now."

"I know, but we also have to learn about the past currencies as well." She explained.

"It's a lot let's just go with that." Her father explained.

"Looks like we'll be called to handle them soon." Her mother said looking at her husband.

"I'm afraid so..."

"You wouldn't have to if you guys never signed up to be aquatics." Hana explained.

"Being an aquatic has given us a better life. You should think about your future as well. You're old enough to join the Academy." Her father explained.

"I will never join the aquatics. It's seems so boring."

"Hopefully you change your mind. You received an ability as well... Though I'm not sure what ability that might be. It is weird how it suddenly appeared...." Her mother said looking at Hana's arm.

"It could be a mutation, but I'm not sure." Her father explained.

"What has the doctor said Hana?"

"He just said it's a metal skin..."

"We can see that..." Her father said.

"Give the doctor a break, these abilities are still fairly new." Her mother said smiling.

Just then a knock was heard at the door as her father went to answer it.

"Looks like its time." Her mother said with a sigh.

"Admiral Quick Silver and Admiral Shining Gold, your services are needed."

"It would seem those kids are on a rampage."

"Yes sir, fires are moving cross the lands-"

"Let's go." Her father said looking at his wife.

"We'll be back." Her mother said grabbing her husband's hand before disappearing.

"And there they go again." Hana said  with a sigh.

---------
Four months later

"Honey wake up!" She shouted shaking his pale body. "Wake up..." She said with tears in her eyes. "YOU!" She said standing up. "This is all your fault!" She shouted slamming her hands to the ground as gold spikes shot towards them.

Before the spikes could reach them a figure appeared behind her.

"Good night Shining Gold." The figure said before stabbing her straight through her body.

"Such worthy admirals, too bad they had to die." The figure said wiping the blood off of the sword.

-------

Hana woke up to the sound of the doorbell. She made her way down stairs and opened the door to see a line of aquatics at her door.

She dropped to her knees as she looked at the leader of the aquatics walk up the stairs.

"No way." She said shaking her head.

"Hana...I'm sorry..."

"They couldn't be..."

"They were the best admirals we knew."

"No no no no NO!" She shouted as the metal on her arm began to melt off her arm.

"Stand back!" The leader shouted.

Suddenly the metal shot out in all directions. The leader quickly sealed the area before putting Hana to sleep as the metal turned to liquid.

"What should we do with her sir?"

"She'll be fine, this isn't something a child should have to face. Does she have any other relatives?" The leader asked.

"No sir according to our records Admiral Quick Silver and Admiral Shining Gold were her only family."

"I see..." He said with a sigh before looking at her.

-----

A few days later a funeral was held for her parents as Hana stood with a picture of her parents. She was holding her tears back as aquatics paid their respects.

The leader was last as he stood before Hana.

"I'm sorry for your lost." He said about to walk away when Hana grabbed his shirt.

"It was pirates wasn't it."

"Yes."

"Was it the group of kids that did this?" She asked.

"I'm not sure, it could have been them.... You're not thinking of getting revenge are you?"

"They killed my parents."

"....killing them would turn you into a criminal. If you want your revenge, you do it the right way and bring them to justice."

"You mean become an Aquatic?"

"Yes."

"If that's what it takes." She said gripping her parent's picture tightly.