6 ~ 엄마 랑 (Eomma rang)

My Husband has a Twin

I woke up to a loud crash that came out from outside. It sounded like plates crashing on the floor, I was worried to what was happening and got out of my bed and the room. Since they were plate noises I thought it would be in the kitchen, I quickly head to the kitchen and saw Yongnam oppa kneeling on the floor, picking up the broken pieces of the plate carefully while whispered curses to himself for being so clumsy. He looked up and noticed me giggling as he started to say “Oh Mari-ah? Did I wake you up? I’m sor-- ah!” He accidentally cut his index finger from the pointy sides of the plate and started to bleed.

I quickly ran to him, carefully since I didn’t want to step any of the broken bits of the plate. “Oppa are you okay?? You’re bleeding!! Tell me where the first aid kit is? I’ll get them.”

“Ah… that… I um… I don’t have a first aid kit here,” he looked at me but felt a little scared like he thought I was going to hit him or something as he looked back down.

I sighed. The bleeding has to stop! At least for a while… I looked around and found tissues on the dining table and grabbed a few plies and carefully wiped the blood away. The tissues stopped the blood from flowing that much, when I suddenly remembered that I still have a few pieces of bandaids in my bag. I mentally gave myself a round of applause and hurried to my bag to get the bandaids. I came back to the kitchen with the bandaids and put one on his bleeding finger after wiping it with tissues for the last time.

“I guess this will have to do,” I sighed again and looked at him. He was smiling like a kid and I wondered why, was it because I didn’t get angry because he didn’t have a first aid kit in his house? Well, who knows~

He placed his finger closer to me and said “Kiss it~” and kept blinking.

‘Why…?’ was what I wanted to say… but it’s just a finger to kiss so why not. I guess it would make him feel better anyway. So I kissed it and looked back at him, “Happy?” He nodded as his smile grew wider.

We stood back up and cleaned the mess on the floor. I saw some burnt eggs and burnt toast on a plate and some perfect eggs and toast on another plate and also some on a frying pan next to it. He saw me looking at the food on the counter and said, “You see, I was going to make breakfast for us but I failed the first time, and on the second time it was successful! So when I was getting the food out of the pan to the plates I accidentally let my elbow shoved some plates from the other side and then yeah… you came,” he pouted while looking at the burnt ones.

“I’m sorry to cause you trouble for making breakfast this morning, I promise when we’re ‘married’, no actually, starting from tomorrow I will be the one making breakfast for us, okay?” I said as I sat at the dining table with the perfect eggs and toast.

He sat opposite side of me with his eggs and toast and smiled, “Okay~” We began eating the breakfast and in the middle of it he said, “So for today, I was planning on going to the Marriage Arrangements to register one for us because I would like it to happen as soon as possible, is that okay?”

“Ohh, well… I was going to meet my mum today so that she can take me to my father’s grave…” as I bit my lip.

“Oh~ that’s okay,” he had a bite of his toast and continued, “Can I come? It might be a good idea for me to meet your mum and talk to her about it too, but that is of course if you let me.”

“Mm, yeah sure I guess its okay~ I’ll tell my mum about it then.” We finished and cleaned up our breakfast and went back to our rooms to get changed. I called my mum first to give her a notice that the guy I’m going to marry will come with me too, and she seemed happy about it too. So after the both of us got ready, we went to his car as he asked where we were going as he started to drive out of the basement carpark.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Mari!!” she welcomed me as she spread out her arms. I gave her a hug and we went in the restaurant. I introduced Yongnam to her and her to Yongnam and we sat at a table in the corner. Apparently she and my father were the owners of this restaurant, my father was the head chef here and my mum was just the lady boss that takes cares of the money. My mum got a waitress to serve us some drinks and we started talking. “Mari-ah, I miss you so much, how have you been doing? You look skinnier, haven’t you eaten well? Should I get you something to eat here?”

“No it’s okay for now I already had breakfast,” I sipped my drink and thought, actually, the breakfast wasn’t really enough anyway, but I knew even I said I didn’t need it she would still insist on it.

“But its lunch time now! It’s a different story! Come on look at the menu and see what you guys would like to eat,” she passed the menu to me and Yongnam.

When our food arrived, we started eating without hesitating, maybe we were quite hungry. “So, Yongnam right? So what is your reason for having a fake marriage since money wasn’t the problem,” I looked at Yongnam oppa and looked at my mum. I asked him if I should explain instead but he said it’s alright as he explained. “Ahhh, I see, arranged marriage, that is so out already! Haha~ Even an old lady like me thinks it’s a little too out of this generation, well no matter what the reason was, I’m really grateful for doing this, it really helps me a lot,” my mum said as looked at me and gave me a warm smile as her eyes started to water a bit. She quickly wiped it off and said again, “Well, we’ll be going to Mari’s father’s grave later, and the grave is not far away from here so we could walk, there’s also a flower shop on the way to the graves so we can get some flowers for him there.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’ve walked quite a distance, I wouldn’t say it was near, maybe that’s why my mum said that it’s ‘not far away’ instead of ‘near’. Anyway we’ve finally arrived at my father’s grave, I put down the flowers and knelt in front of his grave, “Father…” I started crying because all the memories I had with my father kept playing in my mind. I felt a hand on my shoulder and noticed it was Yongnam oppa as he kneeled down next to me and handed me a tissue. I tried to calm down and stop crying but I couldn’t and cried more and Yongnam oppa put my head on his chest and hugged me while patting my head. I calmed down after a while and stood up and I saw my mum was suddenly wearing sunglasses, which she didn’t have on just now. She must be wearing it to hide her puffy eyes.

“Our daughter is getting married soon, with this young man here,” she said to my father’s grave and whispered, “but don’t worry, this is a fake marriage so that she can migrate here to live with me,” as she came next to me and patted my back. I was now taller than my mum, it’s quite sad to see her so small and skinny now. “Oh yeah! Mari! It’s your birthday in two days! I finally can celebrate it with you now!”

Yongnam oppa looked shocked and confirmed with me, “Ah really?? That is a big thing! We need to think about how to celebrate it!”

And after that, we walked back to my mum’s restaurant and said goodbye to her since me and Yongnam oppa still plans to go to the Marriage Arrangements to get it over and done with. “Take care mum, I will contact you when I have more news,” I hugged her one last time and headed to the car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So how old are you guys?” the lady smiled as we gave her our passports for our identities.

“I’m 23 and she’s 21,” Yongnam oppa replied.

“Wow~ so young! Well still adults already though, hmm let’s see,” she looked at my passport first and had a surprised look, “oh! So you’ll be 21 in two days! That’s really good! You see, there’s a saying from where I come from that if you guys get married on the bride or the groom’s birthday, you will have a very happy and long marriage life, especially when it’s your first marriage! But of course that’s if you don’t mind making it so suddenly early.”

I looked at Yongnam oppa to see what he thinks, he whispered to me, “I guess it’s a good idea, since we want this as soon as possible and we could also celebrate your birthday like that, I’m okay with it just…”

“Yeah I have no problem with it too!” I said a little bit too loud and the lady who had our passports looked at me and suddenly excited.

“Well then! I’ll congratulate both of you first already because I know already that it will be such a successful and perfect marriage!” she smiled brightly and asked us to fill some forms.

After filling the forms and signing, we went back to the car and Yongnam oppa looked at me. “Well! That’s something done! Aren’t you excited for tomorrow! All the wedding gowns and stuff… Haha~” he started the car as I smiled and looked out at the window.

I’m getting married already… Although it’s a fake one, I’m still feeling a little nervous… And although I’m feeling nervous, I was excited to get to pick out wedding gowns for my first marriage. *sigh* My first marriage had to be a fake one… Soooo not romantic…

 

 

Ayeee~~ so~~ what do you think~~? Hahaha~ xD

I tried to skip a little bit to make it less boring..~

And also I tried to have some cute thingies in there~ Ahh... I tried..

I guess I'm going to fail some subjects in school now that I'm writing fanfictions instead of doing assignments... T_T

It's going to be okay right,,,,? T_T *sigh*

Anyway, Thanks for reading!

ラブラブ사랑해~ ♡