11 ~ Birthday

My Husband has a Twin

Yongnam’s POV

So they’re siblings… Well isn’t that a surprise. But how can I not have noticed? Xavier’s last name is Lim, I should’ve at least have a thought about it. No, actually, I wouldn’t have thought about it because Xavier never tells me about his family. So now that Mari had forgiven Xavier, the only problem left is their mum. Which is also my mum~ yay~ While I was sitting back on the couch with my thoughts flying everywhere around my head. Mari explained how their father died and why she was here. I didn’t have to listen to that since I already know about it. When I realise there was a silence, I broke the silence and said “So… it’s Mari’s birthday today and we were gonna celebrate it with mum~ Do you want to join us?”

“Yeah, we’ll celebrate it tomorrow though, you can come of course, but are you ready to see mum yet?” Mari said.

“… well, it’s your birthday after all, and sooner or later I’ll have to see mum anyway, so I guess I’ll come then…” Xavier hesitated throughout his sentence.

“Okay,” Mari said and eyed me as she walks into her room. She must be letting me and Xavier have some time to talk things through.

“Xavier ah…” I said as I started walking to him. He took a step back and looked down on the floor, does he think I’m mad at him? “Xavier if you think I’m mad at you then you need to get your brain fixed…”

He looked at me and said, “I’m sorry, hyung, but… it’s just… I didn’t tell you about my family, I didn’t turn up as the Best Man in the wedding ceremony, and I haven’t explained anything to you yet, I’m sorry…” and looked back on the floor again.

“Seriously Xavier you don’t have to be sorry for anything! I’m not mad at you, not at all~ You don’t need to explain anything to me anyway since Mari already did~ What I want from you now is just for you to tell me more things about you, you’re pretty much my best friend and you never tell anything about yourself to me, so… ok??” I put out my hand to him, asking for a handshake.

“Okay, okay,” he put his hand out too and as we handshake I pulled him closer to me for a hug.

 

Mari’s POV

“Hello~ mum?”

“Yeah Mari?”

“Umm… where do you want to celebrate my birthday tomorrow, since you’ve lived here for so long~”

“Ahh, hahaha even if I lived here for so long I still don’t know much about Korea, haha~ why don’t you ask Yongnam and tell me when you decided where~?”

“Ayee… Okay, okay… So mum! Do you have presents for me~?”

“Mari-ah, who taught you to be so greedy~? Presents? I only have one present for you.”

“Ahh yeah, yeah that’s fine then, haha~ Well I also have a surprise for you! You’ll see tomorrow~ Okay? Well I got to go now, bye~”

“Ahh yeah, bye.”

Hopefully it’s really a surprise for her. I wonder how she’s going to react. Hm~

 

The knock on my door made me realised that I’ve woken up from my rest. I looked at the time, it was 7.30pm. Well okay, maybe from my sleep then. I got out of my bed to open the door when suddenly the door opened and hit my forehead, making me fall on the floor with my hand on my forehead. “Aiish…”

“OMG Mari! I’m so sorry!! I’m so so sorry!! Mari are you okay?” Yongnam oppa kept asking me questions and his loud voice made it hurt even more.

“Shh… shut up for a sec! Shh!” I commanded and he immediately kept quiet. I was on the floor leaning on my bed with my hand on my forehead while he was in front of me with his hands on my shoulders. We stayed in that position for a while when suddenly I can feel that his face was getting closer to mine and he kissed my forehead.

“You okay now? I’m sorry…” he whispered.

I gave a short respond to him with an annoyed “Mmhh,” as he helped me got up.

“Mari-ah~ since it’s your birthday today, Xavier and I decided to celebrate with just the three of us today! But you were sleeping and I didn’t want to wake you up, so we bought a birthday cake and some birthday foods to celebrate here! Come on, let’s go go~”

I giggled at his cute language and followed him out of the room. Yongnam oppa suddenly went behind me and covered my eyes with his hands, “It’s a surprise~”

He lead me out to I’m guessing the dining room and he whispered something to I’m guessing Xavier and then said, “Ready Mari~? 1…2… 3~~~ Ta-dah~” To my surprise, the floor was scattered with lots of different coloured balloons and sitting on the dining table was a three tier wedding cake that said Happy Birthday Mari down the front of the cake. But the thing was, I was terrified of balloons. And there were balloons everywhere. I screamed and ran back into my room. I wrapped myself in my blanket when I heard a knock on my door.

“Hey Mari-ah! I’m sorry! I forgot you were scared of balloons! I’m sorry!” Xavier practically banged on the door impatiently.

“For god’s sake it’s not locked!” I shrieked. The door slowly opened and Xavier and Yongnam oppa were peeking around the door frame. “I’m sorry, you guys only wanted to make me happy on my birthday and I acted like this,” I sighed.

“No no I’m sorry, I forgot you were scared of balloons, it’s my fault,” Xavier said as he walked to me and patted my head.

“The balloons are all gone so you can come out now~” Yongnam said by the door.

As we walked back out to the dining room, I saw the three tier wedding cake that said Happy Birthday Mari on the front of the cake. Out of the different types of cakes they bought a wedding cake to celebrate my birthday? “What…” I accidentally said my thoughts out.

Xavier and Yongnam oppa laughed, “Well, we thought since it’s also your wedding day we might as well get a wedding cake~ We can keep the top tier for tomorrow~ kekeke~”

So at the end we ate the first tier of the cake and used the remaining from it and the second tier to play and throw it around. The night passed so quickly and we were all exhausted from running around and making noises. I think we might have even annoyed neighbours especially the neighbours from the house under us. Since we were all exhausted, we lied on the couch and caught our breaths first. We were partly covered with the cream from the cake and since it was an exhausting day so before we knew it we fell asleep on that position.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sunlight that went through the windows shone on my skin and I slowly began to wake up. I felt a vibration somewhere on the couch which I assumed to be someone ringing me on my phone and I tried to reach it before it stopped ringing. When I found it, I looked at the screen and I found out there were three messages from my mum.

Mari-ah, you still haven’t tell me where we’re going to meet tomorrow, tell me ASAP ok? – 5/5/13, 11.45pm

Hello? I guess you must be really busy doing whatever you were doing yesterday. Anyway, I’m coming to Yongnam’s house to see how you guys are doing today okay? I’ll text you when I’m there… - 6/5/13, 8.30am

Yah… Mari! I hope you’ve read my messages? I’m waiting downstairs of Yongnam’s apartment now… - 6/5/13, 10am

………… wait what??! “Mum’s here?!” I went up to Xavier and keep shaking him to wake him up. “Yah Xavier, mum’s here now!! What should we do? Well more like what should you do… are you ready to see her yet?? Yah Xavier wake up!!”

 

Yayy~ another chapter~~ ^o^

This chapter might be a bit short.. but it's already pretty long to me...

I was writing this chapter instead of doing my assignments!! >o<

I think I'm going to write for a living now... T~T

So~~ yeahhh~~ xD what do you think readers~?

Btw........... 5th of May is really my birthday!! wakakaka~ I wonder if you guys will be mad?

I dunno... but yeah... well to me I'm guessing... Yongguk won't come out juuuuuuust yet~

hehehe... don't worry!! Yongguk is my ULTIMATE BIAS!!! so he will definitely appear!

Today when I was in class... I thought of what should happen to Yongnam and Xavier at the end...

and I thought of it!! and I kept laughing in class which made other students look at me... T^T

I'm so crazy wuahaha~

Wellll~ thank you for reading~~ ^ ^

ラブラブ사랑해~