16 ~ Kimchi soup

My Husband has a Twin

Yongguk’s POV

When I came back to the apartment, I found Mari sleeping on the couch with her blanket around her. Well I guess she can have the rice porridge later. I checked in the kitchen if there was a microwave so we can heat it up later. Yup there is. I looked around the house and then looked at Mari. Well she looks comfy. Seeing her sleeping comfortably in the couch like that makes me want to sleep too, especially when the weather outside is slightly cold and cloudy. I walked up to her and sat down on the floor, laying my head on my arms which were crossed on the couch, in front of Mari’s face.

I looked at her face carefully, her cheeks were a little red so I put my hand on her forehead to check her temperature. It was still hot, hopefully she gets better soon. I tilted my head to where her head was facing and thought she looked really cute with her red little face. Her eyelashes were long and it curled perfectly on the surface under her eyes. looked so smooth and soft that I unconsciously touched it with my little finger. She twitched and that made me chuckle a little.

“If you’re not married to Yongnam, you might even have a chance with me…” I whispered and chuckled to myself, now playing with her hair. I sighed sadly and decided to have a rest in this position for a while.

 

Mari’s POV

I woke up from the growl that came out of my stomach and the smell from where I think is the kitchen. Yongguk was there in the kitchen, looks like he’s cooking something yummy~ I got out of the couch and went to the kitchen to see what he’s doing.

“Oh, awake?” he said as he stirred in some god-knows-what in the saucepan on the stove.

I nodded while rubbing my eyes, “What’re you cooking~?”

“Kimchiguk”

“Guk?”

“That means soup, kimchi soup… But don’t worry, I didn’t make it too spicy just in case you didn’t like spicy food, and of course there’s the rice porridge you wanted earlier…” he pointed at the microwave.

“Oh…” I yawned and went to get myself a glass of water, “Thank you, but why are you making soup?” I didn’t know why I asked that but probably because I wasn’t fully awake yet.

There was a silence until I noticed that he was looking at me, then he said, “Well I thought a sick person would be especially hungry when they wake up… obviously I made a wrong assumption …”

He looked like he was about to pour the soup into the basin so I quickly said, “No no! I’m very hungry!! Thank you very much!” I didn’t like to waste food… And it was true that I was hungry, very hungry in fact. I got out two bowls from the cupboard to put the soup in and decided to ask, “Did you cook rice?” because for some reason I felt like the rice porridge and soup wasn’t enough for me.

He nodded and pointed at the rice cooker, I noticed we kindda lacked on our conversation but I thought maybe because he was hungry too. I wonder if he’ll talk more to me in the future. Somehow I’m starting to like his presence, I wanted him to talk more to me…

After we finished the meal, which probably was dinner, I washed the dishes and he went to his room holding his phone to his ear, obviously about to make a phone call. But I wonder who to~? Oh yeah… it was silent for the whole dinner time except for a small part where it went like this.

“Wah~ This is a really yummy Kimchigukkie~”

“You mean Kimchiguk?”

“Kimchigukkie~”

I said a few more ‘Kimchigukkie’s until he sighed heavily and said, “Stop it…”

But I didn’t care because I know he wasn’t being angry for real so I continued, “Kimchigukkie~” and he would also keep asking me to stop it.

“Stoooop~” he whined and pouted.

I laughed and said, “I don’t get how you are annoyed~ I like Kimchigukkie~”

And that was the end of our little conversation.

But I wonder when we will be able to talk normally, at least like a normal sister and brother in law conversation… Unless!! Like in the movies or dramas I watched, the brother doesn’t like the sister in law!! Well, that’s sad… I’d always watch that happen in movies and dramas but I never thought that it would happen to me. I can’t let this happen! Not to me! Yeah, hwuaiting Mari!

 

Yongguk’s POV

‘Kimchigukkie~’ …

Arghh! Dear mind, will you please stop?? Geez who knew taking care of Mari will be so… *sigh* I need to call Natasha, she better pick up her phone.

“Helloooo Gukkie~~ how’s it going?” her voice was so loud that I had to put the phone about two centimetres away from my ear.

“Bad, yah seriously why do I have to take care of Mari?”

“Aww why? What happened? She don’t seem like the annoying kind of girl to me~”

“It’s not that…” I groaned.

She sighed and said, “Gukkie-ah~ If you’re worrying about Yongnam… don’t! He won’t know~ so do whatever you want to Mari~” and laughed evilly.

“Yah what are you talking about?? What can I do to Mari?” Dammit, she made me have those thoughts of Mari again…

“Oh dear~ don’t ask me, you’re obviously thinking about it now~” She laughed and I silently cursed her then she continued, “Well we’re a little busy having fun right now, so if it isn’t anything important, please don’t call me~ Bye~” and she hung up.

Well that totally didn’t help… And how could she ask me to not care about Yongnam, Mari’s his wife!! And it’s because of that that I avoided talking to Mari, if I get too comfortable with her I might not be able to control myself. She wasn’t like the other girls I’d met, which were mostly from the girl groups that cared so much about their looks. Mari was independent and I know that she got sick from working too much in her mum’s restaurant. Probably got it from one of her customers…? And also, judging by the clothes she usually wear, which were mostly shirts and jeans or shorts, and the two pairs of sneakers she only have, totally defines out my ideal type. I also know that she actually didn’t know anything about K-pop until she came to Korea to marry Yongnam, so I’m sure now that she definitely wasn’t married to Yongnam to get closer to me. Which means my ideal type actually exists! And it’s Mari! And she can’t be mine! My love life can’t get any worse… or can it?

After about fifteen minutes of lying on my bed, thinking about how I should communicate with Mari, my phone suddenly vibrated. I got a message from Natasha. I wonder what it is now…

“Yongguk-ah… my little Gukkie~ I hope you listen to me and trust me, just talk to Mari normally, nothing bad will happen. I mean, what could possibly happen anyway~ ㅎㅎㅎ Talk to her like how you talk to your friends, maybe bring some of your friends to the apartment so you’ll feel less awkward? Don’t leave Mari alone like this, since you’re there to take care of her you should communicate with her more so that she’ll feel less lonely. And that could even let her recover from her sickness faster! Yay~ This is probably the longest text I’ve sent you for a looooong time~ ㅋㅋ I’m having a great time here, so you should have a good time also~ I wouldn’t have asked you to take care of Mari if I didn’t trust you, right~?”

Well can it be any longer? I decided to reply with this…

“Uhm… ok but… how do you know that I’m not talking to Mari ‘normally’?? I don’t remember telling you that…”

She replied so quickly this time, when I opened the message, all I wanted to say was ‘Wow…’

“Mari just texted me about it~ ㅋㅋㅋ”

I was still confused, but Natasha was right. After the meal, I didn’t even say another word to her and went to Yongnam’s room. I left her alone outside at the living room, god knows what she’s doing but whatever she’s doing, I feel really sorry. So I decided to get out of my room and see what she’s up too. I found her in the living room, hugging her knees on the couch with her blanket wrapped around her, with her phone in her hands. Her eyes were closed too, so I assumed she must be asleep. Then I thought if she was feeling sleepy, why didn’t she go back to her room and sleep? I walked up to her to look closely if she’s really asleep and I laughed silently at the little snores coming out from her. I spotted the rest of the medicine that she takes for her sick and an empty glass on the coffee table, she must’ve had the medicine and got drowsy from it. How she slept on the couch didn’t look comfortable, so I carried her in my arms to her room carefully so I don’t wake her up. This is the second time I had to carry her in my arms to her room, luckily this time she’s wearing clothes. I placed the blanket on her as she snuggled in it. Then she slowly opened her eyes and looked at me.

For some reason I panicked and quickly said, “I’m sorry did I wake you up?”

She shook her head and said, “No its okay~ thank you Kimchigukkie~”

She continued blinking at me and I just stood there, amazed from her cuteness and my new nickname coming out from . “Goodnight,” I said as I walked to the door and turned off the lights.

“Goodnight...” she coughed after that and then softly said, “Kimchigukkie~”

Her voice calling out that nickname she made for me hit my ears again, so softly and gently that it sent shivers down to my spine and there were goosebumps growing on my arms. I left the room and closed the door and found myself smiling like an idiot, still standing in front of her door. I put my fist on my mouth, trying to wipe off the creepy smile and started walking back to Yongnam’s room, which is basically my room in the meantime. I lied on the bed with my head on my hands, and let the thoughts flow in my mind.

“… I like Kimchigukkie~”

Kimchigukkie… that’s me… She… likes me…?? I shook that thought off my head. This is bad… I need to do something about this now… I can’t let this continue…

Wow... I'm sorry if this chapter was really boring...

It's just not time yet~~ It's not time for them to fall in love yettttt~~ nyahaha~

So just be patient.. and I'm sorry ermergerd!! I take so long to write this chapter!!

But actually I have a reason!! I'm getting ready for my formal tomorrow!!

I have to do manicure and pedicure!! And get my face ready for tomorrow and and!

I have to kindda workout~~ anyway!! Yeah... hope you like this new chapter...

Thanks for reading!! I love my new subscribersss ermergerd!!

ラブラブ사랑해~ ✰