17 ~ Problems

My Husband has a Twin

Xavier’s POV

The loud vibrating noise on the table next to my bed woke me up and I opened the message, it was from Yongnam hyung…

“Hey Xavier, if you want me to get you that awesome thing you said you wanted for sooo long from Japan, go to my apartment and check on your sister for me. She’s sick right now and Natasha told me she got someone to take care of her, find out who it is and tell me ASAP. Bye~”

My eyes suddenly went wide open and I jumped out of my bed. I grabbed a shirt and a pair of skinny jeans and socks to change into and rushed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I tried sneaking out of the house but my mum caught me and asked, “Where are you going Xavier? Don’t you remember that you have to help me out in the restaurant??”

I turned back to her slowly and forced a smile, “Hehe… of course I remember~” I wore my shoes while saying, “But I have to do something really important now so… I’llcomebackassoonaspossible!” I quickly said the last sentence and ran out of the house and to the bus stop. I got on the bus and decided to text Mari to check if she’s at home… She better be…

“Mari-ah!! I heard from Yongnam hyung that you’re sick?? I’m coming to see you now so you better be there!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I reached the door I frantically knocked on the door. Then I saw a doorbell next to the door so I pressed it.

“Yeah yeah coming…” a deep guy voice came out from inside of the house. That couldn’t be… is it?

“Oh hi Xavier, why so early?” he said while rubbing his eyes.

“Yongguk hyung…? So you’re the one taking care of Mari?”

“… Don’t tell me Yongnam asked you to check who’s taking care of Mari…” he said with his eyebrows squinted together.

“Well… yeah… wh-” suddenly I felt a grab on my shirt and Yongguk hyung pulled me in the house. He kept pulling me and threw me on the couch.

He dropped his furious look and said, “Look, you are not going to tell Yongnam that I’m the one taking care of Mari… I could get whatever you want if it’s not too impossible, you see, it’s Natasha who told me to look after Mari, and I promise that nothing will happen here between me and Mari, I swear…”

I wasn’t sure why Yongguk hyung was getting so worked up with this but… “Sure~ if you insist~ I’ll just tell Yongnam hyung that I was the one taking care of Mari then~ please keep your promise though…”

“Of course… and thank you,” he walked to the kitchen and asked, “so um… do you need a drink?”

“Oh a glass of water will be fine~” I said and started typing a message to Yongnam hyung.

“Umm hyung… Actually, I’m the one who’s taking care of Mari… so don’t worry… but are you still gonna get that thing I wanted from Japan~~?”

“So where’s Mari?” I asked.

“She’s still sleeping…” he replied and put a glass of water on the coffee table.

“Not anymore~ Good morning Xavier!! What are you doing here?”

“I sent you a text…” I walked up to her, “How’re you feeling now?” I said and put the back of my hand on her forehead.

“I’m ok-”

“No you’re not!! You’re boiling! Why didn’t you tell me that you’re this sick?”

She groaned and Yongguk hyung suddenly appeared between me and Mari to put his hand on her forehead. “Aishh, seriously why is it still so ho-… boiling??” he mumbled to himself and pulled Mari’s wrist and said, “Well! Time for medicine!”

Mari groaned again slapped her hand on her forehead and whined, “Noooo!”

So they just leave me standing here looking at them acting like a couple. I went back to the couch, my eyes still glued on them. I wonder when they are going to notice me, I’m still here... Like hello guys~? Looking at them acting like a couple makes me feel like I’m watching a romance movie.

Yongguk hyung got out a bottle from a box which I think should be a liquid type medicine and said, “I know you don’t like medicine, so I got this liquid type for you to try,” he opened the bottle and poured some onto a spoon and put it in front of Mari’s mouth.

Then Mari said, “It better taste nice!” and opened to take the medicine and drank some water with it.

“How is it?” Yongguk hyung said while looking at her curiously.

Mari her lips and smiled “Hmm… it’s better~”

“Good,” Yongguk hyung said with his usual deep voice and he turned his back to Mari.

I figured that it was the end of their couple act so I said, “Hm… The end~”

“What do you mean the end~~?” Mari said with her arms opened while slightly running towards me. She plopped herself next to me on the couch and hugged my waist, her head rested on my lap. I hummed, patted her head and played with her hair. This Mari, no matter how old she is now, even if she acts like she’s older than me, she’s always my little sister. I have to protect her too. When Yongguk hyung told me to not tell Yongnam hyung that it was him who was taking care of Mari, I’ve pretty much figured out everything. I know what Yongnam hyung is thinking about, he doesn’t want Mari and Yongguk hyung together because he wants to protect Mari too. Yongguk hyung is a star after all, so if they were to be together, the only one who will be in harm will be Mari. I won’t tell Yongnam hyung that Yongguk hyung is taking care of Mari, because that won’t be necessary~ Yongguk hyung promised me that nothing will happen between him and Mari and I hope he keeps his promise because I trust him. I would trust anyone until they lie to me, and Yongguk hyung never lied to me before so… my trust in him still exists.

“So uh, Xavier! Do you want to stay here tonight?” Yongguk hyung asked while walking towards us.

“Nah… Actually, I have to get back to my mum’s restaurant or she’ll go crazy, and…” I looked at Mari and back to Yongguk hyung and mouthed to him, ‘I trust you…’

I gently lifted Mari’s head and shifted out of the couch and placed her head back on the couch. Then I felt my phone in my pocket vibrate and I assumed that it was a message from Yongnam hyung.

Mari looked at me confused and I said, “I’m going now, you know how busy mum’s restaurant is~ Bye bye!” I walked towards the door but before that, I stopped in front of Yongguk hyung, “Thanks for taking care of her, hyung, bye~” I whispered to him but still made the words ‘taking care’ sound louder so he understands what I mean. He nodded and I left the house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yongguk’s POV

And I thought Xavier would want to stay the night… Maybe I should just ask someone from my band to come stay the night at the dance practice. Actually I should go wait downstairs now, Manager hyung said he’ll be there at about 9am. Which is like… now?

 “Hey, I um… have to go to dance practice now…” I said while she was still lying on the couch.

“Oh, okay~ Work hard~” she said and waved at me.

“Ah thanks, by the way I will be calling you to check if you had your medicine in time,” I said while putting my shoes on.

She laughed and said, “Sure, sure…” and mumbled something.

I stood in front of the door, looking at her, trying to think what she’s laughing and mumbling about… “Aishh! Yes, go on and laugh, but before you continue, please type your number in my phone…” I smirked while handing her my phone and she groaned. She has been groaning quite a lot today…

“Fine……” she said and took the phone from my hand. After she finished typing her number in my phone, she passed it back to me and said, “So this is how you get a girl’s number~?”

I ignored the question and said, “Don’t go anywhere and rest at home… I’ll be back… soon, okay?”

She replied with an “Mmhh…” as I left the house.

 

Mari’s POV

Geez, I feel like a bird trapped in a cage. Yeah I know I’m sick but sti- *riiiing*… That can’t be Yongguk oppa right… I didn’t even give him my number just now, the number I gave him was Xavier’s~ I’m surprised he didn’t have Xavier’s number, I thought they were friends…? Or maybe it’s just Xavier and Yongnam oppa that are friends…? I was taking my time deciding if I should pick up the phone when it suddenly stopped ringing. I was relieved that it stopped ringing but when I checked who the caller was… It was my mum. Well luckily I didn’t pick up that call! I haven’t told her that I’m sick yet, and I need to think of a reason why I am and will be away for a while… Maybe… I’ll just say… *riiiing* Yup… That’ll have to do.

“Yeah~ Mum~?” I picked up the phone and tried saying it as sweetly as I can.

“Mari-ah! Why didn’t you pick up my call just now?”

“Mum, didn’t I tell you I was busy…”

“I don’t know what you’re busying about but what I know is that my restaurant is really busy right now and God knows where Xavier went to!”

Then I thought, the restaurant is so busy and my mum still have time to call me… “Well I’m actually um… busy helping out in my friend’s wedding…”

“Friend?? Who?” and she mumbled something which I think was ‘I didn’t know you had friends here…’

“Mum… It’s one of Yongnam oppa’s friends that he introduced me to… She wanted me to be her bridesmaid so here I am… helping her with her wedding dress now, so I’ll talk to you later okay? Oh and, I don’t know when I will be able to come back and help you out in the restaurant… Maybe after the wedding…”

She sighed and it sounds like she’s satisfied with my reason, what a relief…! “Okay… Take care, Mari… And say congratulations to the couple for me… I gotta go now, bye!” she said and hung up.

I didn’t even say bye before she hung up. Well yeah, the restaurant is busy after all. But damn! How good am I at making up reasons! I didn’t even stutter! Except for the one ‘um’ I said… but that wasn’t so suspicious right~~ Well one problem is done. I sighed heavily and lied back down on the couch.

“Time to rest~” …

Yaaay~ another chater~~ ...

Again, I don't know what to call this chapter...

 But this chapter is more like information (?) than interesting stuff~

Yesss I know OMG why is it not interesting yet?? Sorry arghh!

Is it just me stressing about it or... what do you guys think?

I'm getting so many views that it makes me so freaaakin happyyyyy~!!!

But I hope all readers (including silent readers) are anticipating, and please subscribe for future interesting updates..~!!

ラブラブ사랑해~ ✰