Alone

It’s MY baby

 

Sungmin was practically skipping her way back towards her cafe; she was supposed to be there 3 hours ago, so she didn't even bother going home to change or anything.

 

She pushed the door and greeted with the biggest smile Yesung has ever seen. ''What happened to you?'' He asked puzzled, is not that Sungmin wasn't a cheerful person or anything like that it was just that she would rarely smile like that. ''And what's with your clothes'' Yoona asked, she just came from the back room with a big envelope in her hands. ''I love you guys'' Was the only thing Sungmin said, before she took the envelope from Yoona’s hands and disappeared in her office.

 

 Yesung and Yonna looked at each other, their eyes big as a tennis balls. ''Is she high?'' Yonna mouthed to Yesung and he only flinched with his shoulders, his brains still didn’t process what just happened.

They were standing still for a couple of minutes, until a bell woke them up, indicating that they got a customer.

 

Sungmin was sitting behind her desk, after she saw the papers that were in the envelope her smile was replaced with a frown. She wanted to expand her shop, she wanted to add a small kitchen in the back, but she didn't get the permission that she needed. She let out a sight and then patted her stomach and smiled again. The baby wasn't probably there yet, but just the thought that there will soon be one, made her happy. She probably wouldn't even have time for both, work and the baby, so maybe it was bound to happen this way.

 

Sooyoung’s knocking woke her out of her dreaming. ''Sungmin'' Her best friend stepped inside. “Oh, you are here already?” Sungmin was surprides to see her, since today she was supposed to come in afternoon. “Yeah, I have to talk to you about something.” Sooyoung seemed worried about something. “Is something wrong?” Sungmin asked a little worried. Sooyoung sat down on a chair beside Sungmin. “I …“ She was cut off when Yoona swiftly opened the door. “Sungmin there is someone looking for you” Yoona’s eyes flickered between Soyoung uneasy expression and Sungmin’s worried one. Before she excused herself and left, did she just interrupted something important?. Sungmin rolled her eyes, when is this girl going to learn how to knock? “I’ll be quick.” Sungmin said and grimaced a little, was there anyone she was supposed to meet today?

 

Yoona pointed at the lady that was sitting with her back to them. ''That's her'' Sungmin nodded and slowly went closer, searching in her mind, who could that be and when she saw the lady's face she almost fainted.

 

There in front of her was Kyuhyun's mom. ''Hello.'' she smiled at Sungmin, who didn't know what to say. ''You are probably very surprised to see me, right'' she smiled again and motioned to Sungmin to sit down. ''Here, you left your things'' She pushed a paper bag with Sungmin's belonging inside. Sungmin took it slowly. ''T-thank y-you'' She muttered, she was so happy earlier that she completely forgot about her stuff. She felt embarrassed again, her cheeks painted slight pink, if Kyuhyun’s mom brought the bag that means she probably cleaned the mess they made the previous night. ''I opened your wallet, so I could find your address, I hope you don't mind'' Sungmin shook her head that she understands; she still didn't know what to say.

“I had to promise Kyuhyun that I won’t in, but I just wanted to say that I really hope that you’ll work things out. You are the first girl he brought over, without me pushing him.” She stopped for a second and looked through the window; with this sad smiled that made Sungmin feel strange. “ He’s such a hard working person, I just don’t want that he loses himself in his work … it’s been more than five years and he still stuck to her.” Her last word were more for herself than for Sungmin to know. She than turned to Sungmin again and smiled when she saw her puzzled expression. “You are cute.” Those words surprised Sungmin, her eyes grew wide and twitched like she wanted to say something but didn’t know what to say. Kyuhyun’s mom laughed. “You are really cute, I must go now, I really hope you solve your problems” Were her last words before she stood up and left.

 

Sungmin looked at the bag on her lap and back at the woman who was leaving. What just happened? This woman seemed completely different from the one she saw this morning. And the things she said didn’t make sense at all. Just what did Kyuhyun said to her?

She brushed these thoughts away when she remembered that Sooyoung in waiting for her.

 

“So what was that you wanted to say?” Sungmin sat down in her chair looking at her best friend. “I’m just going to say it.” Sooyoung said and opened again but nothing came out. “Yaaah Soo, you’re really scaring me, what is it?” “I can’t do this anymore” Sungmin got confused. “Do what?” “Lead this coffee shop with you. Don’t miss understand me now, we had some good memories from here when we were still in collage and later on when we saved this place, but the thing is.” She paused and patted her stomach. “You are pregnant?” Sungmin asked wide eyed. Sooyoung happy nodded. “Four weeks, I really want to focus on my family now, we are even planning to move to a bigger place now and with all the stuff going on I won’t have time to help you with the shop” Sooyoung stared at Sungmin, waiting for a reaction. She knew her friend very well; she knew exactly what is going to happen next.

 

Their friendship started way back in preschool, when Sooyoung kicked this annoying girl who was making fun of Sungmin, because at that time her father left her and her mother for another woman. They were friends ever since that day and Sooyoung learned that Sungmin doesn’t like to show her true feelings, she likes to pretend that everything is ok even if she’s really hurting inside. But she never last long with that “I’m ok” mask on. She usually lasted about a week or two before she poured her true feeling out along with her tears. The longest time was a month; it was at that time when Sooyoung announced that she’s going to marry.

Sooyoung knew that Sungmin is going to smile at her and said that she shouldn’t worry about it so much and as in on cue, Sungmin did exactly that.

 

 

It was already late when Sungmin unlocked the door to her apartment. She stepped inside and slid down to the floor. She was so happy in the morning and now, she felt like crap. Ever since the conversation she had with Sooyoung she was feeling down, why couldn’t she just honestly tell her that she’s not ok? The thing is, she felt like she was slowly losing her friend, she was already picturing how they will slowly drift apart ... in the end she’s always left alone. A tear rolled down her cheek when she stood up and strolled towards the kitchen and took a bottle of wine from the cabinet. She poured herself a cup and more tears fell on the kitchen counter.

She lifted the glass towards when she suddenly remembered about the baby. With her sleeve she wiped her cheeks and emptied that glass in the sink. She put her hand on her stomach. “Now I can’t even drink” She puffed her cheeks and laughed at her silliness. “You won’t leave me, will you?” Then she laughed again, when she thought of her baby’s father.The look on his face this morning, when she turned around and left was really something.

She palmed her cheeks when she felt them heated up. She was staring at her kitchen counter and the memories from yesterday’s night came back. That Kyuhyun has some really weird es. She laughed again, but suddenly turned serious. Why is she thinking about him again? And nonetheless smiling, while remembering him? “Yah! Sungmin, what’s wrong with you?” She talked to herself and shook her head. “It’s because of lack of sleep, I’ve gone weird because I haven’t slept well, Kyuhyun’s bed is ...” She stopped herself when she caught herself thinking about him again. “I’m just going to go to sleep, no more thinking about him” You’re thinking about him again went in her mind “NO, I’M NOT, I’m going to bed” She argued with herself as she was dragging her feet towards her bedroom.

 

 


Big shout-out to my new subscribers :D and my old ones ofcourse 

And I’m happy that you commented :D :D it makes me feel better if I know that you guys like it :D

I hope that is not getting boring *hides in a corner*

 

@ms13notbad I think this chapter is the longest :D I’ll try making them longer in the future 

.

.

.

and I’m sorry for any typos … xD