Waiting

My Girl

 

You were lost, was it a dream? Someone had awoken you with their sweet embrace. You opened you eyes and saw blonde hair.

You: Youngmin?

Youngmin: Seohyunnie!

After he hugged you, his face had somewhat of a frown. He looked worried and also Kwangmin, who was standing by the TV that was on.

You: What just happened?

Kwangmin: We don’t know. Your mother just told us to get inside before she left to her work. You were sleeping so we didn’t really want to bother you or anything so we planned to wait until you woke up.

You still seemed kind of lost.

Youngmin: But as we were waiting, we just saw tears running down your eyes. I got pretty concern. I’m sorry if I woke you up.

You: No, it’s fine. Actually thank you so much for waking me up!

Kwangmin: Seemed like you had a bad dream, what happened?

You kind of frowned as you remembered the weird nightmare.

You: I don’t know… it was just a bad dream I guess.

But you lied, you knew what happened you just didn’t want to tell them it was Minwoo.

Kwangmin: So Seohyun, would you still like to go out today?

You shrugged and looked at the clock. It was already around 3. You’ve been sleeping for like 5 hours, which the twins have been waiting like 4 hours.

You: I’m sorry I didn’t wake up in time…

Youngmin: It’s fine! Ahaha!

You: I really feel bad… well, umm what about Minwoo?

Part of you, or most of yourself had been dying to ask about Minwoo.

Kwangmin: About that, he kind of backed out today. But since we didn’t go, I guess it’s ok.

You: Oh…

The tone of your voice sounded sad and disappointed.

Youngmin: Sorry about that!

You: No! It’s fine, it’s ok. I should be saying sorry for making you guys wait for so long.

Kwangmin: Like we said, it’s fine. Aha. Would you like to go out today?

You: Of course!

You smiled, but your heart still felt shut because the plans got cancelled.

~~~

Youngmin: Can we eat!? I’m hungry~

Kwangmin: Hyung! You’re gonna get chubby if you keep eating!

Youngmin: So!? I love eating! And even if I become fat, Seohyunnie will still love me, right!?

You: Of course!!

You giggled at Youngmin’s cute aegyoness and then the 3 of you decided to go eat Japanese Ramen Restaurant. As soon as Youngmin got his food, he ate really quick non-stop.

Youngmin: NOMNOMNOM~

You: You shouldn’t eat too fast! You might get a stomach-ache!

Youngmin: It’s fine! I love to eat~ Kekeke

He continued to eat the ramen fast without choking.

You: Wow!

Kwangmin: Haha, hyung’s just trying to show off his “cool” side to you.

Youngmin: No, I’m not!

As he was eating and talking at the same time, he almost choked on the Ramen.

You: See, I told you!!

Youngmin: Sorry! I shall no longer eat like that then.

He sort of frowned and continued to finish the ramen at normal speed. After you ate, you end up deciding to go to the usual park which was empty. Youngmin seemed happy and excited and ran to the playground and swing set, it’s like he doesn’t run out of energy. You could tell Kwangmin was sad for some reason because he seemed quieter than usual and a bit down.

You: Kwangmin-oppa…

Kwangmin: Yes?

You: I’m really, really sorry about today. I was also looking forward to having fun with you guys at Seoul Land and all but I’m just really dumb.

Kwangmin: Don’t say that, you’re not dumb. Plus, it resembles, like the park and me, this is always how it’s going to be.

You: Resembles?

Kwangmin: I mean, that’s how it’s always going to be.

You: What do you mean?

Kwangmin: All we’re ever going to be are just friends right?

You: …

You were kind of having a bad feeling about the conversation with you and Kwangmin, but you did have to face it. Youngmin, on the other hand, seemed really happy as he called out to both of you, but it seemed like he knew that you two were talking about something serious or was going to talk about something serious from a distance.

Kwangmin: Am I right?

You: Kwangmin…

Kwangmin: The thing I’m sad and disappointed about isn’t the fact we’re going to the Amusement Park, but the fact that I guess you’ll never choose us.

You: What makes you think that?

Kwangmin: It’s only obvious, Seohyun. I’ve liked you for what? Like 2 years now, I think I’ve been waiting and being stupid for too long now. You’re beautiful, I get it, but I guess you’re not for me.

You felt the hurt in the words Kwangmin was saying.

Kwangmin: That dream, it had something to do with Minwoo right?

You slowly nodded.

Kwangmin: Of course, I mean Minwoo is probably the only guy who can actually make you smile and make you cry. Why? Why can’t it be me?

You: Well…. I.. Kwangmin, it’s…

Kwangmin: The reason the park and my feelings resemble is because the way you feel around me is going to stay the same, like the places we go, it’s always the same. The only thing I hate about it is, why can’t it change? Why can’t your feelings just change?

You: Kwangmin, I don’t know. Personally, I really don’t know why. If I could have chosen who I fall in love with, I don’t know if I could still choose Minwoo but I chose him. I can’t control my feelings.

Kwangmin: Lies, of course you can control your feelings, that’s on you. I just hate it… so much. I hate how I’ve waited for 2 years just so I could realize I’m never going to have a chance with you.

You: Why did you wait? I don’t want you to wait for me, I don’t want to hurt you. I didn’t tell you to wait for me because I feel like I’m hurting you! And I don’t want that. I don’t you to get hurt.

Kwangmin: Seohyun, there’s always going to be someone that gets hurt. In this case, it’s me and Youngmin. I’m damn sure L got hurt too. But if you didn’t tell me to wait, then why didn’t you tell me to stop? Why? Was it because you’re always going to hold onto me or my brother if Minwoo never came back? Were you just leading us on this whole time? I’m pretty sure you were.

You: Listen, Kwangmin, it’s not like that!

Youngmin looked at the two of you as he heard you both raising your voices.

Youngmin: Seohyunnie? Kwangmin?

Kwangmin: Then, what is it supposed to be like? L told us how much Minwoo means to you even if you didn’t want to show it, it was like a wake-up call for me. But anyways, I’m pretty damn glad he came back cause if he didn’t I’d probably just end up being a fool for you. I’m done with this. I’m done waiting for someone who’ll never show up.