Good News or Bad..?

My Girl

 

It was the same day, but it happened to be a rainy night. You looked out your window and listened to the sound of the rain. You were having a quick flashback of what had happened.

-Flashback-

Everyone was leaving, only you and L were left at school. It was a cloudy day. L was still hugging you as he whispered these words to you.

L:Don’t be sad, perfect people don’t deserve to be sad. Don’t cry, those tears don’t deserve to be on your face. Stay beautiful, stay happy. If it's not too much to ask for, stay with me…

You continued to cry on his shoulder.

L: He doesn’t deserve to be with you, you’re too good to be with him…

You let go of L and wiped your tears.

You: I’m sorry L. I can’t be with you, as much as I would have wanted to, I can’t. My feelings for him won’t change, at least not now.

L frowned but then smiled.

L: Right… what was I thinking? I don’t deserve you either.

You: L, I’m so sor—

L: I told you I don’t when you say sorry, it’ll make me feel bad. Just be happy. Talk to him… I can’t be with you either way. I guess I’ll let go from here on now.

You could see L’s eyes were beginning to water but he continued to smile at you.

L: I’ll go then…

He said and then he began to walk away. It was your second time rejecting him.

You: I’m so sorry…

-Flashback end-

You continued to look at window dully. There was a small knock on your door but you just stayed silent.

Your Mom: Honey, dinner’s ready! Come down stairs now!

Even though she said that, you just sat there close to the window looking out without budging.

Your Mom: Are you awake? I’m coming inside.

With that, she slowly opened your door. She gasped and ran over to you as she saw you sadly looking out the window.

Your: Honey! What’s wrong!?

You just shook your head as a reply.

Your Mom: Food’s going to get cold, c’mon eat. It’ll make you feel better.

You: I’m ok.

Your Mom: Honey, you have guests over.

You: I don’t feel like seeing anybody.

Your Mom: It’s the two twins. They’ve been waiting out here. I know you’ve been sad, that’s why I gave them the reason you were sleeping. I just told them I’d wake you up. Now let’s go, cheer up. I have good news for you!

You just looked at your mother. She smiled sweetly at you. Then you both went downstairs. Kwangmin and Youngmin were both there waiting.

Kwangmin: Annyeong! You’re finally awake!

Youngmin: Yay! Seohyunnie’s here nao~

You smiled at them.

You: Annyeong oppas!

Your Mom: Let’s eat everyone!

The four of you were sitting on the dinner table as the TV was left on.

Kwangmin: About earlier, sorry we left without much of a notice, we had to go do something for our college class... I tried to text it to you, but you were busy or something, heh. Sorry!

You: Oh no, it’s fine. Ahaha.

Youngmin: I feel really bad for leaving you now!! Youngminnie is sad!

You: Oppa, don’t be sad!

Youngmin: Oh yeah, Youngminnie-oppa has something to tell you!

You: Yes?

Youngmin: Remember how earlier we were going to invite you to somewhere? But Kwangmin interrupted me!

You nodded.

Kwangmin: Well~ we were planning to invite you tomorrow to an amusement park! Since we still haven’t properly hung out yet.

You smiled at the idea.

You: Umm, sure let’s go! When?

Kwangmin: Tomorrow, are you free?

You: Yeah, of course. Is it going to rain though?

Youngmin: No, not tomorrow. Just tonight cause the weather’s really bipolar!

You: Haha, then I’d love to go!

Kwangmin: Then it’s a date!

Youngmin: Yah! I’m here too, I’ll be coming oh yeah and someone else is too, if it’s alright…

You: Hmm? Who else?

Kwangmin: Umm, well Minwoo.

Your smile started to suddenly die out.

Youngmin: But if you don’t want him to come then I guess—

You: No! It’s fine!

Kwangmin: You sure? We just well, wanted to bring back the days.

You: Yeah, that seems like a good idea… I guess.

As you all were eating. Your mind was still full of thoughts. You heard Minwoo’s name pop out somewhere. You looked around and saw the TV.

Showbiz Reporter: Netizens’ have said and spotted the celebrity, No Minwoo, was spotted with a young mysterious girl. Who could this young girl be? She was spotted hugging Minwoo as his show, “My Girl” Is she Minwoo’s real girl?

As you heard that being said, you could feel your heart starting to hurt.

Kwangmin: Would you like me to close the TV?

You: No, I’m ok.

But that was a lie. You were hurting inside.

Showbiz Reporter: Let us have a word with Mr. No Minwoo.

They were dialing his number to have a talk on the show.

Minwoo: Yobosaeyo?

Showbiz Reporter: So Mr. Minwoo! This is Sang Soo, the reporter of MBC showbiz, are you currently watching the showbiz news right now?

Minwoo: Haha, no I’m not. But a friend called me and told me about it just right now.

Showbiz Reporter: Well then, I guess you know our hot topic and main question right now! If it’s not too much to ask, who is that young lady in the photo caught hugging you? Is she your girlfriend?

He chuckled.

Minwoo: Aniya, it’s not like that. She’s just a friend of mine’s. In fact she’s here with me right now.

The fans in the show gasped.

???: Annyeong! I’m Hayoung-imnida! Just a friend of Minwoo’s. We just met a week ago. Nothing’s going on between us! So don’t kill me! Keke~

Showbiz Reporter: Did you guys here that!? Our Minwoo is still single!!

Everyone started laughing. A small smile formed your face.

You: [I guess I'm not too late...] -smiles-