Chapter 9

What Are You? [Inspired By EXO's Wolf]

Sorry I take so long to update guys >.< It's a busy school year and I barely get time to write, I hope I can get as much done as possible when I go on break

 


 

 

You began packing your books as the dismissal bell rang loudly in your ears. You packed as fast as you could, wanting to avoid contact from Luhan. But speaking of the devil, Luhan came up to you. You avoided eye contact with him.

"Hey Yuri do you want to catch a movie with me tonight?" Luhan wanted to confirm his feelings with you.

"..I'm busy.." you mumbled and rushed past Luhan with your head down headed out of school as fast as you could.

Luhan was hit with confusion. "Did I say something wrong?"

"Hey Hyung, want to come over to my place tonight? We're eating bulgogi afterwards."

Luhan nodded at Tao. He wondered why his heart hurt so much at the fact that you turned him down.

Luhan went to the library to study by himself and do his homework, but truthfully he was still thinking about you, thinking about what you  had to possibly do. He tried waving it off and work on his math homework. Luhan picked up his pencil and started working on the first problem but then after writing down the first number, he put the pencil back down and pulled out his phone.

He sent you a text 'Where are you?'

Luhan continued working on the problem, not really focusing but waiting for you to send a text back. After five minutes, nothing came back to him and Luhan concluded that you were probably too busy with whatever you had to do to go to (woahh thats a headache LOL) your phone. He stared at the phone charm that you brough him and held it between his index finger and thumb.

Luhan got up to leave the library and went to Tao's house like he planned. When he arrived, they were already on their way out and Tao was locking the door. Tao saw Luhan at his stairs. "Oh Luhan hyung! I didn't know you were still going to come. I thought you were going to ditch us or something, so I decided to just go without you. But now that you're here...let's go!"

Sehun patted Luhan on the shoulders and they all started walking to the bulgogi restaurant. Tao came up to Luhan, "Hey why didn't you invite Yuri with you??"

"She's busy tonight. She didn't even respond to my calls."

"Oh......... you see..." Tao whispered.

"What? What happened? You know why she's not seeing me today and acting all strange?" 

"Well..... yesterday I was hanging out with Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Yuri... and we saw you on your date with Jihyun." Luhan's heart dropped.

"WHAT?"

"And... she saw the kiss."

Luhan's breath was caught in his throat. He shook his head and closed his eyes. "You guys go on. I need to go find Yuri."

Luhan ran towards your apartment, the wind running through his hair and making it hard to see, but he could only focus on getting to you.

You were in your room, locked up, watching TV and trying to concentrate on your homework when you heard banging at your door. You walked to the door and looked through the eye hole and saw Luhan there. You turned around and laid your back against the wall and held back tears. "Why is he here", you whispered. You slid your back down the door until you were sitting on the ground with your back against to door.

Luhan knocked again. "Yuri, are you home. I see the lights under the door. Don't ignore me please."

You didn't say a word as a tear rolled down your cheek. You listened to the gentleness in Luhan's voice. Do I like him?

Luhan stood outside of your door. "Listen to me Yuri please. What you saw the other day, me with Yuri, was nothing. Please don't misunderstand. She kissed me. Not the other way around. And besides I didn't enjoy it either." He felt his heart thump again. Luhan put his hand to his chest. Do I like her?

You got up and wiped your tears, unlocking the door to Luhan standing there with his head down. Luhan's head snapped up and he smiled at the sight of you. He cupped one hand on the side of your face while the other was on your waist, pulling you in, giving you a deep kiss. You melted under his soft, small lips and shut your eyes, as both of your heart thumped through your chests. It was so loud that neither or you could differentiate the which heartbeat belonged to who. They beat together simultaneously as one heart.

Luhan pulled away and continued to speak. "I only went out with Jihyun to see if I really liked you. My heart always beat for you and only you. Nothing happened when I was with her. Just you Yuri. I guess I like you too much to be away from you. I was so upset when you didn't respond to me and didn't want to come hang out with me and I can't stand it Yuri."

Luhan held you tightly and rested his head on your shoulder and you patted him on the back. "You sure you didn't like that kiss?" You teased.

"I promise" Luhan held out his pinky.

You wrapped your arms around Luhan's neck and gave him a hug. "So... how about that movie?" Luhan gave you a smile and you grabbed your bag. He pulled you out with him and headed to the movie theater.

Tao kept calling Luhan's number but his phone was on silent as the both of you were sitting in the theater. You were cuddling with Luhan on the seat, watching the movie and Luhan kissed your forehead, glad that he got his feelings straight.

So this is what it feels like to like someone.

You held hands with Luhan, fingers intertwined througout the movie and all the way back home.

Chen saw the both of you guys walking together. "So that's where Luhan went. Two thumbs up for him!"

Kris shook his head at Chen. "No. This isn't good. I never thought that they would get this close to each other. This is bad. What will happen if she finds out what we are? She would be terrified and our cover would be blown. Luhan either has to distance himself as far away as possible from her so that she won't find out or he has to become especially close to her so that even if she finds out, she would be okay with it. Even the second choice is a lot easier said than done."

Chen nodded in aggreement. "That's true. Let's hope this one is good."