Chapter 16

What Are You? [Inspired By EXO's Wolf]

Luhan stirred at the clattering sounds coming from the kitchen. He threw the covers over his head, not wanting to go to school. Peeking out, he realized that it wasn't morning, and there wasn't any school.

It was still dark outside, and he wasn't home alone. Luhan propped himself up wincing at the pain at his sides. Squinting in the dark, Luhan couldn't see anything, but continued to hear glass clashing against each other.

Luhan positioned himself to get up, when he saw a figure approaching him. You held a bowl of your secret soup that your ancestors passed on and handed the tray to Luhan.

"Yuri.. I.." Luhan started.

You shushed him and took a spoonful of soup and shoved it into Luhan's mouth.

Face it. Even though you were angry at Luhan for what he did, and curious at the same time of what he was capable of, you didn't think you could last long being angry at him.

Luhan quietly drank the soup as your eyes lingered back at the photo of Luhan and Kris together.

There's something fishy, but what is it...

You broke out of your trance when Luhan handed you the tray with the empty bowl. "Thanks. It was really good."

You took the tray from Luhans hands and began to help tuck him into bed.

The covers on the other side of the bed were hanging off the edge and began making a pile on the ground.

You leaned over Luhan, careful not to fall over on top of him, and quickly grabbed the hem of the covers.

At that quick movement, you lost your balance and tripped backwards, hip colliding with the bowl and tray on the side table.

You braced yourself to fall hard on your back, when a pair of hands circled your arm to steady you.

Your glued shut eyes slowly peeked open to see Luhan's face just a few inches away.

His hot breath cascaded down your neck and you heard the sound of your heart thudding. At least, you thought it was your heart.

Yours or Luhan's, it was hard to tell. The sudden closeness took your breath away and numbed your sences.

You didn't do much but blink at Luhan, expecting him to pull away at any moment.

"Yuri I'm sorry..." he whispered gently.

You swore that Luhan shut his eyes and fell asleep while talking, until he suddenly began leaning forward.

Your eyes buldged out and you leaned back to avoid him.

"Uhmm....errr-" you coughed. "I should really get going."

The atmosphere of Luhan's eyes shifted, and looked like a sky of rainclouds. You couldn't help but feel apologetic for hurting him like that, but you just weren't ready to give into him yet.

"Okay then."

You got up and planned on running out so that nothing awkward would happen again.

With one arm, Luhan pulled the sheets off himself and tossed it on the groud.

"Wait." Luhan persisted.

There was a huge lump in your throat Please dont. "Y-yes?"

"I'll walk you out."

You sighed in relief. Not turing around, you stood still until you felt Luhan's figure next to you.

You silently nodded and grabbed your jacket from Luhan's couch as he followed closely behind.

Luhan's gentle fingers slowly unlocked the gate in the front of his house and said his goodnights.

The sound of a shutter went off as a pair of hands grabbed Luhan and pushed him onto the gates, cold metal chilling Luhan's spine.

"I told you to stay away from her." snarled an angry Kai.

Luhan cried out in pain as the pain from his wounds shot through his body.

You grabbed Kai's arms holding him back from attacking Luhan a second time.

"Please, Kai. Don't." you choked back a sob.

Kai looked at you with concerned eyes and grudgingly let go of Luhan.

"Kai, go home. I'm fine."

"Be careful," Kai whispered. He gave your shoulders a tight squeeze and turned home.

"Goonight Luhan."

"Goodnight Yuri."

Without another word, Luhan shut the gate behind him and trudged back into his house.

You went your own way and walked in the opposite direction.

You walked past the familiar bridge that you would always pass on your way home from Luhan's place. There was the familiar shop, the familiar park, everything seemed too real.

Putting on your headphones you gazed at the stars that were shining calmly in the sky. It made the night glitter and twinkle.

The lyrics to the song danced through your head:

So Baby don’t go

Yeah take me to a place that will have you, and I’ll walk with you forever

Oh we have to fly together to the most center of the world

In my eyes, you can’t fly out of places

When you’re with me, you’ll never disappear or go missing

Oh like the you I dreamed of, you are my life, that beautiful butterfly.

 

A hand clamped over your mouth, followed by darkness. A faint smell tingled through your nose and the next thing you knew, the world filled with blackness.

*******

 

 

"So, what's the plan?"

"How long do we leave her here?"

"What if they call the cops?"

"SILENCE -- Nothing is going to happen. We keep her here, lure the creatures in, and kill them all. Simple."

Your eyes rounded as you scrambled left and right looking for escape. Looking down, you noticed that your hands were bound together and duct tape over your mouth.

"Oh look what we have here." One of the men stepped forward. The angry one. His coal black eyes held anger and vengeance, while his mouth was covered with a plain black mask.

You squealed, but it came out as merely muffled.

"Shhh, don't cry. We wont hurt you." The man trailed cold metal against your chin. You felt the chill of the blade gliding over your cheeks. "When we get those monsters, you'll be back on your feet. You won't tell right?"

Prick.

You could feel it pushing inwards into your cheek. Slightly punturing your skin but not quite deep enough to bleed to death.

The man placed his hand on your cheek. "Shhh..."

The last thing you remembered was your head colliding with something solid and hard.

 

 

******

 

*RIIIIIIIIIIIING*

Your sleepy eyes peered over to the side of the room to realize that it was your phone ringing.

Across the room.

You remembered that you weren't at home. This wasn't your cozy bed. No. It was the cold barren concrete ground of the abandoned warehouse.

Your head was pounding heavily and trickles of blood ran down your face. Drawing your hands up to your forhead you discovered the open gash that you didn't know had formed.

The ringing phone skittered down and stopped short next to you, followed by a pair of feet.

"Pick it up." He took out the too-familiar knife as your fingers trembled, hitting the 'talk' button.

"Yuri?! YURI. Where are you?!?" Luhan was terrified screaming through the phone.

You couldn't speak. The words were just lodged into your throat. Above that, the blade was so close to your neck that you felt if a single word were to be uttered, it would leave another mark.

"Oooof!" You felt like your side was caving in. The man, pulled his foot back, ready to aim again.

"YURI!!!"

"Luhan..... help." you whispered before collapsing.

"You better come fast.." the man whispered into the phone before you let out another yelp of pain.

******

Luhan threw his phone somewhere across the room. He sat on the bed and pounded his fists into the matress.

"WHY."

He picked up his pillow and blindly threw it. The frame on his bedside table shattered, but the sounds were muffled by Luhan's own screaming.

*****

 

"Why are you so weak," one of the henchmen grabbed a fistful of your hair and yanked it upwards.

"Arghhhhhhh-"

"LOOK AT ME WHEN IM TALKING TO YOU." He pulled his hand back into a fist.

"Leave her be." the leader pulled him by the collar and pushed him back. "She's not the victim here remember?"

"Yes sir."

 

*****
 

"What do I do, WHAT. DO. I. DO.!?" Luhan fisted his bedsheets, accidentally tearing it in the process.

An idea sprung up in his head. It's risky, but its the best I can do.

Luhan began running around his room, looking through his piles of clothes, and in the back of his drawers, and finally came across his phone behind the garbage can.

His heart raced with nervousness as he scrolled through his contacts.

Luhan pressed his phone against his ear, almost crushing it in the process.

Ringg... Ring....

"....Hello.... Kai?"