Chapter 14

What Are You? [Inspired By EXO's Wolf]

Tao steadied the limping D.O on his right while Chanyeol on the left. D.O had a big gash on his forhead and bruises on his arms and legs. Chanyeol looked left and right and spotted a taxi in the distance. He frantically waved both of his arms back and forth hoping that the taxi would be able to see his signal. Luckily the taxi driver saw it all and sped up towards the group of boys.

Chanyeol opened the door with shaking fingers and Tao, D.O, and Chanyeol slid into the back seat. Kai ran to the front seat and buckled his seat belt quickly. Suho bent over to eye level with Tao who was buckling his seat belt in.

"Well meet you there, hurry and get D.O into the emergency room." Tao nodded in agreement with Suho and the taxi driver sped all the way to the hospital. Tao and Chanyeol ran to the front desk to request an emergency room while Kai followed behind.

The nurse peeked at D.O's terrible condition and quickly pulled out the stretcher from the closet to push D.O to the doctors' room. D.O had lost conciousness and was laying there almost lifeless under the hospital lights. The doctor nodded at the panting boys. "Please, if you could just step out for a bit."

They agreed and turned, heading for the emergency room, praying that D.O would be okay. In about fifteen minutes, the rest of the friends finally arrived, having had to run from the warehouse. No other taxis had been around and they weren't about to wait around while D.O was in this state. Either way, even if there was another taxi, all of them wouldn't be able to fit anyways.

Baekhyun had a worried look on his face. "How is he?"

"Don't know yet. The doctor is still in." Tao sadly whispered.

Everyone sat in the waiting room, impatient. There was a cold feeling in the air, they were angry at Luhan. Furious of how he couldn't control himself. They had taught Luhan everything they knew from experience, how to hold in all the pulsing adrenaline that the beast inside was pushing outward. It was Luhan's fault. He hadn't practiced, hadn't learned.

The doors opened and the doctor came out holding a clipboard in his hands. He fixed his glasses as Tao ran up to the doctor pleading, "Doctor is he going to be okay?"

"Well we ran some tests on him, and he seems to be alright. A few bones in his back are broken and he has some bruises and cuts, but he'll be fine in a few weeks, just let him stay here for to rest up and get better."

"Thank you doctor", the group of friends bowed and headed into D.O's room to see how he was.

D.O was sleeping soundly in the room. His head was bandaged up and there was an IV hooked up and inserted in his right arm. His leg was wrapped up in a cast and propped up at the foot of the bed. The friends decided to let D.O have his rest and they all went home, in hopes of visiting again tomorrow when he was awake.

The doctor came up to the boys. "Are you sure you don't need to be treated too? You all have cuts and bruises and everywhere." They politely rejected, knowing that D.O was in a worse condition than all of them combined.

You ran out of the factory, feet pounding on the ground. You considered visiting D.O in the emergency room, but waved off the thought since he could be in any hospital right now and who knows how long it would take until the doctor finishes a full body check up. You ran around to the corner, hiding yourself from Luhan who would exit the abandoned factory any second. You motioned your hand out for a nearby taxi that was approaching and quickly slid into the seat, shutting the door just as Luhan came into vision.

Luhan wasn't aware of his surroundnings and was still locked in the trance of what he just did. I cant face Yuri anymore, she probably thinks I'm a monster. Luhan trudged across the concrete, with heavy footsteps as if his feet were made of bricks and he didn't have the strength to lift them up. The full moon was out tonight, glowing peacefully in the midnight dark sky. Luhan didn't even look up or see the moon, just straight down, contemplating and replaying everyhing in his head.

Luhan absentmindedly entered his one room studio home, and plopped on his bed, going straight to sleep. From that day on, he needed to keep  his distance. No one was on his side any longer, no one trusted him. The beast inside of him was let out, and there was no way it was going to cage itself back in.

For the next few days, no one really saw Luhan, he didn't go to school and didn't leave his house. He stayed at home all day, either sleeping, or constantly watching reruns on TV. He was bored, but had no other choice but to it up and deal with it.

Luhan sat on his bed, ready to take another nap. He picked up the photoframe that sat on his side table. It was a picture of Luhan and Kris together, an old picture they had taken together a few weeks before Kris left Luhan, alone, and chased by the masked men. Kris where are you? Why did you leave again? Luhan knew that Kris was strong and could handle himself well, but stitll he couldn't help but feel worried for Kris.

Even though you were upset at Luhan and afraid of him, you kind of missed him at school. The emptiness of the desk next to you englufed you and it felt like a year of emptiness, even though it hasn't been more than 3 days. D.O had woken up yesterday, after being in a two day coma. Now he was just fine, recovering quickly from his other injuries.

After being hurt so badly, you would've thought that D.O would still feel a little tired, but no, after a good long 48 hours of sleep, he was now more energetic than ever, chattering like a little kid. You promised D.O that you would go and visit him again and again along with his friends until he was ready to be discharged. D.O hated being alone, it made him super bored and lonely.

After waking up from his nap, Luhan decided that he would go make something to eat. It was already dark out, and Luhan concluded that his sleeping habits weren't going to change any time soon. Listening to your advice about eating healthier made an impact on him. He stopped buying as much ramyun as he used to, and kept fresh food in the fridge so that he could make himself something to eat. At that moment though, eating healthy wasn't important because Luhan craved for some ice cream. He needed something sweet for his bitter emotions.

Luhan grabbed his key and jacket and headed to the supermarket, passing by the alley he heard some foot steps approaching.

"Well now, look what we have here. Another little wolf that got lost from his pack." Luhan's head connected with a steel pipe and kicking feet came at him as he passed out and collapsed on the floor, losing consiousness. The masked men left him there after beating him up enough to let him suffer but not die. Blood sputtered from Luhan's lips and blood oozed out of the gash in his eyebrow.

One of the men grabbed a fistful of Luhan's soft blonde hair and lifted his head about a foot off the ground of where he was lying. He spoke to the unconcious body as if it could hear what he was saying. "I just wanted to play a bit, you don't have to hide like that." He dropped Luhan's head back onto the pavement and left quietly, leaving the cold air brushing against Luhan's skin.

 

 


 

im sorry i dont update much >.< im so busy all the time and idk how to continue the story.. its hard to think ):