Chapter 5

What Are You? [Inspired By EXO's Wolf]

After Luhan's long tiring lesson with Kris about everything that humans did, he felt like he'd learned a lot. It took about a week for Luhan to learn about everything. Sometimes things didn't make any sense but Kris told him that it was just the way that humans lived and he would just have to accept it.

Luhan looked at the clock to see that he was almost late to school. He quickly grabbed his bag and ran out the door and on his way to school. Even though he was new, the school was strict about lateness, and he couldn't afford to be late and get kicked out of the school.

Luhan arrived about five minutes before class started and slowed down and walked to his classroom. Yuri was already there and she was talking to one of her friends that sat nearby.

He quickly took a seat next to you and patiently waited for the teacher to arrived. A girl approached Luhan, giggling, and she blushed as she handed Luhan a slip of notebook paper.

"Oppa, call me." She brought her hand to the side of her face, pretending it was a phone.

Luhan looked puzzled and turned to Kris.

"What is this?"

Chen laughed at Luhan for his innocence. "That Luhan, is called a phone number. And that girl probably has a crush on you so she wants you to call her. Do you not understand how things work yet?"

"Do I have to call her?"

Chen pounded on the desk and started laughing. "Of course not. Not if you don't like her. If you don't like her then just don't call her and throw that paper out."

"I can do that?"

"Oh Luhan you still have so much to learn" Chen patted Luhan's shoulder.

"How do I know if I like someone though."

Tao interrupted, "Well if you like someone, your heart  has to beat very fast, and all you ever think about is that girl. When she's not there you feel upset and you just keep thinking about the next time you're going to meet each other. Stuff like that, hyung."

"Oh I see." 

You gaped at that girl, not believing that she had the nerve to go up to Luhan and give him her number. You couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. But looking at Luhan, it seemed that he wasn't interested in her at all, which gave you some relief.

The second bell rang and class began.

During gym, it was another day to play soccer. You went to put your gym clothes on and saw that Luhan with the rest of his friends were already there. You sat down on the sidelines watching Luhan play.

They looked like they were having so much fun together. Just when Luhan was about to kick the ball into the goal, Tao came over and kicked the ball out of Luhan's path. "Yahh!! Come over here!" Luhan tackled Tao and lightly kicked him.

"Hyunggg that hurt!!" Tao pouted. You sat there laughing at their childishness.

Luhan managed to get the ball back and went for the goal. Sehun was following Luhan close behind and tried stealling the ball, but Luhan knew better than that. He ran faster to avoid him and made a goal. Luhan lifted his arms and cheered. "Wooohooo!! In your face Tao!" You got up and started cheering and clapping for Luhan.

Luhan turned and looked towards the cheering and saw you there. He smiled and waved at you.

"Yuri come here and play with us!"

You were caught off guard. "Me? Oh... but Luhan.. I don't know how to play", you shouted back at Luhan.

"It's okay I'll teach you!"

Since Luhan had been living in the woods with his friends, they were away from technology and spent a lot of time playing sports, and he was used to playing soccer. He didn't need to be accustomed to humans' lives to know how to play soccer.

Luhan instructed you how to kick and pass the ball and how to block the ball and make sure no one could steal it from you. "That should be enough. Got it?"

"Uhhh okay" You nervously answered. You still didn't know how to play that well, but since Luhan taught you what he knew, you felt a little more confident.

When the whistle blew, Luhan's friends charged towards you to get the ball and you panicked. Instead of protecting the ball, you ran away so you wouldn't be tackled by his friends. While moving away, you lost your balance and Luhan caught you in his arms. You were leaning on his chest and he held onto your wrists.

Luhan felt his heart beat a little faster and scared at the reaction, he quickly let you go, putting you back on your feet.

"Are you okay."

"Yeah.. thanks.. But Luhan.. whats wrong?"

"Huh.. nothing" Luhan looked away. What is this feeling. Why does my heart feel like that. Am I sick? Do I need to see a doctor?

"Come on Luhan, let's go to class", Tao said after the bell rang, dragging Luhan behind him.

In class Luhan turned to look at you, while you were busy focusing in class. Why does my chest hurt like this. Are you a monster too? Why do I feel weird. Luhan suddenly remembered what Tao said about liking someone, and how their heart would beat faster. Do I possibly like her? That's not possible. I can't. We're not the same. It can't happen.

Luhan shook his head to clear his mind and looked back at the teacher.

You saw Luhan in the corner of your eye and he was shaking his head back and forth. You lightly put your hand on his arm. "Luhan are you okay?"

Luhan's eyes widened in embarrassment and he brushed your hand off. "I'm fine. It's okay", and he turned his attention back to the teacher.

 

 

 


 

What do you think? Did this happen too fast? hah it feels like forever in my head