Chapter 18

What Are You? [Inspired By EXO's Wolf]

"GOD WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG!" the leader shouted and grabbed his hair in frustration.

The tensity in the room hit the max.

The man grabbed the nearest chair and threw it across the room, splitting it in half.

You shut your eyes tightly and pressed your fists against your ears. Nothing seemed real at the moment. You couldn't stand being in this position. All you wanted was out. And Luhan.

Luhan please where are you?

"S-sir" one of the followers approached the enraged man.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT!" you could see the veins popping out of the side of his neck and head.

"Uhhh."

"Spit. It. Out. Before I do what I did to the rest of them."

The poor guy's legs began to tremble. "W-well it's been a long time, and the other guys aren't back yet. I-I think s-something happened.. t-to them.."

"WELL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, GO LOOK FOR THEM!"

"Y-yes sir!" He scrambled out quickly before getting beat.

You could've sworn this guy was going insane.

You should be the one going crazy here, it was already the next night and no one showed up for you.

The other night, the leader and his men, yet again, stuffed you into their car and drove off to a new location.

"Boss.. I have some bad news."

"What's wrong now!"

"I heard that they're gonna sell this place, and knock it down to build a building here. The inspectors are coming tomorrow. "

"Oh great. Now we need to get out of this place. Quick. Take her."

"Yes sir" the men called in unison.  

They quickly ran over, pulling yet another canvas bag out of their bookbags.

One of them smirked at you. "Hang in there kid." The familiar feeling of the canvas bag draped across your face returned.

Your already bounded wrists and ankles began to ache from the rough ropes. One of the men threw you over his shoulder and jogged out of the warehouse.

The constant bouncing made you naseous and you felt like throwing up, but you didn't have anything to throw up besides air.

When the bouncing finally came to a halt, you felt the air open up around you and you realized that you were in  mid air. They literally threw you into the car. Your head almost hit the opposited end of the inside of the car, but thankfully, the rest of your body dragged you down before you could.

Passing out would be one of the worst things to do right now.

The engine rang in your ears, as you remained lying on your side, cheeks pressed against the leather seat.

It felt like an hour, or a few hours, maybe even a day. The trip was taking so long and you desperately needed some food. Where are we going?! To China!?

The car jolted into a sudden stop, and you could hear the sounds of the front doors opening. A few seconds later, the door next to your head opened as well.

Just as roughly as before you were pulled out  of the car and practically dragged towards the new location.

When the bag was finally lifted from your head you felt blinded even though it was practically dim inside the room.

Having a bag over your head was not the ideal way to live...

As you adjusted to your surroundings you realized that this was yet another warehouse. Probably a sister warehouse, somewhere further away.

As soon as the men dropped you off, they left you alone in the room, with the doors locked from the outside.

Using your tied up hands, you tried reaching for your pocket for your phone, to call Luhan again, telling him that the location had changed and he should find the new place.

Feeling your pockets, you realized that your phone wasn' t there.

Dammit, it's still at the old place.

 

"Hey you! Girl!" Your heart began to race when you realized he was talking to you. You peeked up cautiously, afraid to see the insanity in his eyes. "What's taking them so long?! Are you that unimportant to them!"

Unimportant. The word hit you like a brick. Maybe Luhan gave up on you because you refused to accept him. Maybe you were going to die alone in this dungeon. No one cares about me. You began to sob like a baby, but the leader didn't even notice, still absorbed in his raging.

"I knew it! I should've captured one of those creatures, it would've been so much easier", came the man's muttering in the distance.

Soon the voice slowly faded away, and you were left alone, drowning in your own tears.

*****

 

"Which way, which WAY?!?!!?" Luhan turned left and right, searching for the right direction. He'd only been to the warehouse once but he swore that he was in the right place.

In his line of view, Luhan saw the building, small as a speck. He ran, heart pounding full of anxiety. Above Luhan, the building towered, grave and dark, and the feeling of deja vu engulved him.

He kicked open the door will full force, the door barely budging. Luhan tried summoning the little energy he had and kicked again, the door cracking open just enough for him to slip his finger through.

Sliding his fingertips through the tiny crack, Luhan pulled with all his might, the door finally breaking open, while the broken chain fell to his feet.

Luhan stumbled in blindly, running straight ahead to look for you.

After some realization, Luhan dropped to his knees, his hands covering his face.

"I'm too late."

In front of Luhan was the empty room, a broken chair, and the cellphone that you dropped onto the floor.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Luhan let out the largest growl he had heard even for himself.

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The full moon was glowing while the leaves in the trees rustled loudly outside.

His eyes began glowing a deep red, and too self absorbed, Luhan couldn't hear his own phone ringing.

*****

Deep into the forest was a calm and quiet surrounding. The animals were all asleep and the owls were hooting repeatedly.

A small, one story wooden cabin lay in the middle of the forest, isolated from the rest of the world. Where Kris was, he didnt even know. He kept running and running before he could hurt someone else. He didn't want a repeat of what happened in the past.

"Kris hyung, why do you look like that?!!" the little boy questioned.

GRRRRRR...

"Hyung are we playing a game, why are you acting like a dog?"

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

"If you're the dog then I'm the owner!!" the little boy shouted and approached Kris with a big smile on his face.

The boy pat Kris' head happily, and Kris snarled in return.

"Wow hyung you're good at acting, my turn my turn!!"

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Hyung teach me t--"

From that day on Kris vowed never to get near another person on a full moon. He would hide himself when he knew the time was right and camp out until the moon was no longer full.

He knew that it was a small price to pay for the safety of his friends.

A deep surging heat emerged within Kris' chest and out of nowhere his head started to ache. He felt like knives were stabbing his brain over and over again.

Kris doubled over in pain, grasping the nearest chair, he used all his strength to prop himself up. If it werent for his quick thinking, Kris almost would have landed flat on his face.

Pulling himself off the ground, Kris peered over at the picture of him and Luhan together. As his eyes landed on the photo, his head started pounding again, but this time not as severe.

A gust of wind picked up outside and the branches nearby smacked the windows violently.

Kris' eyes flashed a crimson red red and he felt his mind cloud up a bit.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The sound of his friend caused Kris' mind to black out and replaced it was a foggy dark cloud.

"AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" the beast growled.