Chapter 6

What Are You? [Inspired By EXO's Wolf]

The school bell rang loudly in Luhan's ears for he wasn't paying any attention in class. He had one arm thrown across his desk and his head rested on it. He had tried to sleep but couldn't because of the teacher's loud talking. Luhan got up and streched his arms out and rubbed his eyes while the rest of the students were getting up and ready to leave.

You were sitting next to Luhan, closing your books and packing your bags. Luhan got up and ran to his locker to do the same thing. He ran outside and stood at the front gates, looking for his friends. It was Friday and Luhan promised with his friends that they were going to hang out. He stared at his watch for another ten minutes, realizing that they probably forgot they were going to meet and then left without him.

You were leaving the building as well, when you spotted Luhan leaning against the gate next to the wall. "Luhan!" You screamed. He turned immediately and gave you a smile. "Hey Yuri!"

You caught up to Luhan and asked "What's up? Why are you here alone?"

"Well I was waiting for my friends and they didn't show up."

"Aren't I your friend too though?" you teased.

"Of course" Luhan patted your shoulder.

"Oh Luhan! I wanted to go to the park after school today. Since you have nothing to do, why don't you come with me?"

"The park? Don't you think that's a little childish?" Luhan questioned.

"Hey, feeling young again is the best thing ever", you grabbed Luhan's hand and dragged him with you while you skipped through the streets cheerfully.

"Look Luhan! A street vendor! Let's go get something to eat!" You spotted fish cakes at the stand and bought two, one for you and another for Luhan. "Here. This is me paying you back for the cotton candy from last time. Eat it all!"

Luhan laughed at you. "Okay I will"

You walked to the park slowly with Luhan, enjoying your food. When you two were done, you tossed the sticks out and ran towards the park. "Look Luhan! It's empty! More for us"

Luhan laughed at you and how rediculous you sounded but he liked the way you laughed and smiled. It was comforting to him.

The park wasn't that big, there was a swingset, and a couple of slides and benches, but nonetheless it was empty and surprisingly clean, as if no one usually ever comes to this park. There were a few trees around but besides that there was nothing much. Nearby there was a small pond and if you looked up, all you could see was the clear sky.

You ran directly to the swingset and sat down first, looking at Luhan observing the park. You called him over. "Luhan!!" You waved your arms. "Come here! Let's play!" You patted the seat next to you and started swinging your legs back and forth as Luhan approached you.

"Wait Luhan!"

"Yes?"

"Can you push me first," you asked shyly.

"What? You don't know how to swing on your own?" Luhan teased.

"Pleaseee Luhan." you begged him.

"Alright, alright." Luhan started pushing you very softly to see if you were okay with it. "Higher Luhan!! Is that all you can do?" Luhan complied. He pushed you high up until you felt like you would be able to touch the trees. He held one of the chains in each hand and pushed you. As he held the bottom of the chains, he walked forward until the seat was above his head and he crawled under and kept walking until he was in front of you and finally let go.

Luhan himself went on the swing and the both of you just kept swinging until you got tired of sitting. You got off the swing and pulled Luhan off as well, pulling him towards the slide. The slide was too small for either of you, since it was built for kids. So instead of sliding, you both ran down the slide instead of sitting.

Luhan went first and you followed right after. Instead of moving aside right after Luhan went down, he stood there at the bottom of the slide looking up at the sky. You didn't notice what he was doing until you were already on the way down and crashed right into Luhan's back. You wrapped your arms around Luhan's waist from the back and put your cheek on his back to steady yourself from falling.

Luhan's eyes shot open and looked back at you. He quickly removed your hands and got off the slide, guiding you down. "Are you okay? Sorry, I zoned out for a bit."

"I'm fine.. what were you staring at?"

"The sky.. it's so beautiful. I haven't seen so many stars like this in a while."

"Here", you grabbed Luhan's wrist and took him to the benches. "Lie down. It's more comfortable"

The two of you lied down on the benches and looked up at the night sky, watching the twinkling stars in the sky. The sight was breathtaking. It looked like there were thousands of little lights in the pitch dark. You snuck away when Luhan was busy looking at the stars and ran towards the ice cream truck. You bought two strawberry popsicles and brought them back.

Luhan was too captivated by the stars to realize that you left until you reappeared and hovered over him, holding the popsicle out towards him and yours and the same time. He gladly accepted it and unwrapped the popsicle, putting it into his mouth before it began to melt all over the place.

You sat down next to Luhan and continued looking up at the sky. "It really is beautiful isn't it," you sighed. "I haven't seen the stars like this in a long time- Oh Look!! It's a shooting star! Close your eyes and make a wish."

Luhan shut his eyes. I wish that I could live like this forever, enjoying  my life, not having to worry about being a wolf boy. I don't want to keep being chased around and hiding from the men. I just want an ordinary life and enjoying with my friends. Enjoy it with Yuri. Sitting at the park and looking at the stars every night. Luhan finally opened his eyes and looked at you, who was still making a wish. He smiled and closed his eyes again and turned his face towards the sky.

You tapped Luhan on the shoulder. "Luhan? Did you fall asleep?"

His eyes opened up. "Huh no. I'm still awake. It's getting late, let me take you home."

Both of you got up and headed home. When you arrived at your home, you turned and gave Luhan a big hug, and his chest started heavily thumping again. He pulled away from you, but slowly this time, so you wouldn't notice him freaking out.

"Thanks Luhan, for spending the day with me. It was lots of fun. We need to hang out more often. I haven't done things like this in a while." You smiled and waved to Luhan. When you turned, Luhan placed a hand over his chest and shook his head, walking home in confusion.
 

 

 


 

 

 

I talk about food too much xDDD Forgive me. You're not the only one getting hungry here.

 

 

Comment! Tell me what you think ^^
 

~MrsKWoo