Chapter 4

What Are You? [Inspired By EXO's Wolf]

The sun shone brightly outside and you were still in bed. Meanwhile, Luhan was in the kitchen fixing breakfast for the both of you. He made a pot of coffee and poured two cups out and set it on the table. When you finally stirred, Luhan looked up at you.

You started stretching in bed and sat up. You rubbed your eyes and when the room came into view you looked around. "Where am I?!!?" You had a hangover and your head began pounding.

"Don't worry Yuri, you're at my place." Luhan set the coffee down on the table. "Come and have breakfast."

You looked at Luhan with wide eyes, not remembering how you got here and why. Just then your head started pounding, and breakfast sounded like a good idea.

You sat down across from Luhan at the table. "So Luhan... can you tell me what happened last night?"

"...ahh. Well we were at the party .. and you ... drank too much and then passed out. And I carried you to my place since I don't know where you live."

"Oh. I'm sorry if I caused you too  much trouble," you said in embarrassment. You grabbed a napkin and pen and wrote something down for Luhan. "If this happens ever again, here's my address. You don't have to take me to your place. Just drop me at home. My brother's at home so you could just knock and he'll let you in."

"Brother? Where are your parents?"

"They're working overseas in America. They own this large company in the states, but at the same time they won't let me go with them, so I'm stuck with my brother."

The rest of breakfast remained quiet, where the both of you sat there drinking coffee and eating toast that Luhan made on a daily breakfast.

"Is toast all you ever eat?" You asked curiously.

"Hmm? Yeah it kind of is.. I don't really know how to cook, so I just eat something fast and simple."

"You know.. it's not that healthy to eat the same thing every day for breakfast. You need some variety in your meals. Maybe one day I'll come and make you something good for breakfast." You smiled at Luhan.

"That would be nice. So how about I take you home right now? Since you're done eating."

"Oh okay." You got up and put your shoes on, running your fingers through your hair a few times to make sure that it was staying down and left with Luhan.

"So Luhan, you're from China right? How long have you been in Korea?"

"About a few months. I haven't really been around the city that often since I was busy with my job."

Just then you spotted a cotton candy cart on the sidewalk. "Oh Luhan! Let's go get some cotton candy to eat!"

Cotton... candy? Luhan stood there puzzled. You grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards the cart. "Can I have two please? One blue and one pink."

You reached for your bag to get your wallet but remembered that you never brought your bag with you in the first place because of the party. "Luhan.. sorry. But I left my wallet at my place."

"Oh it's okay. I'll pay for it." Luhan reached into his back pocket and paid the man at the cart. You handed Luhan the blue cotton candy while you started indulging in your own.

Luhan stared at you, not knowing what this food was, and you gave him a puzzled look. "Do you not have cotton candy in China? You just put your face to it and bite some off. And it'll melt in your mouth. But be careful because this stuff is really sticky.

Luhan copied the way you ate your cotton candy and ended up getting the sticky candy all over his nose. He was frustrated and started rubbing his nose to get the stuff off. You grabbed a tissue and wiped it off from Luhan's face. "You're so silly. I guess they don't have cotton candy there."

The both of you continued walking to your house, at the same time finishing off your cotton candy. You finally arrived at your place and turned to Luhan. "Well. I'm home. Thanks for taking me back." You smiled and then took a step backwards. "I guess I'll see you at school then. Bye." You waved slowly at Luhan and then entered your apartment.

You opened your apartment door and quickly ran to your window to watch Luhan leaving. "I guess China's really different from Korea.. Just more for me to show him then." You smiled.

 

Luhan shut the door to his studio home and sat down on his bed. "That was a close one... thank god she thought China didn't have cotton candy." Luhan looked down at his hand. "She can't find out what I am. Or else she'll call the authorities. And then they'll call the masked men to come and get us."

"Cotton candy huh? I guess I need to figure out everything about this human life stuff... I should call Kris." Luhan picked up his phone and called his friend. He picked up on the second ring.

"What's up Luhan?"

"I need to meet up with you. You need to teach me about this human way of life thing."

"Alright. I'll be over soon." After Kris hung up, Luhan started tidying the house from this morning, seeing that he had nothing else to do until Kris showed up. He found the napkin that Yuri wrote her address on. Under her address was her phone number, followed by 'Call me'. Luhan registered her number in his phone just in case of emergencies.

Kris arrived at Luhan's place within twenty minutes and he knocked loudly on Luhan's door. Luhan got up to open it and Kris came in and sat comforatbly on Luhan's rug. "So let's get started. Lesson 1.."


 

 

Doesn't that look yummy haha... Now I want cotton candy ._.

What did you guys think?

~MrsKWoo