Chapter 17

What Are You? [Inspired By EXO's Wolf]

Kai was sitting in the emergency room with D.O and all his other friends.

His leg was no longer in a cast, and D.O could walk like normal again, but the doctors thought it would be a good idea to leave him there a little bit longer. 

News came that D.O would be discharged soon, resulting in erupting cheers echoing through the room.

In celebration, a few of the boys went out and bought a small cake for D.O. It was decked in all the fruits you could imagine; strawberry, blueberry, mango, melon, banana. 

The boys ate cheerfully, laughing and telling jokes for the sake of the lively environment. 

Kai wished that days would always be as happy and easy as this, but he knew how short lived it would be and once D.O was out of the hospital, they would be on the run again. 

"Okay guys I have a joke for you!" Tao cheered. "Why did the panda cross the road?"

"Oh no, not this stupid joke again," Kai swung his arm at Tao, who dodged it knowingly.

All of a sudden, Kai's phone lit up. A phone call. From... Luhan..

That jerk has the nerve to call me after what he did.

Kai sighed and hit talk.

".....Hello......K-Kai?" Luhan stuttered over the phone.

"Go. Away." Beep.

"Dammit Kai!" Luhan pulled at his hair out of frustration.

Luhan punched in Kai's number furiously for the second time, this time hitting star 69 while he was at it.

"Hello?" Kai answered.

"KAI!"

"Dammit! Not you again! Get away from me! I'm not going to forgive you!" Kai shouted into Luhan's ear. 

"LISTEN TO ME WILL YOU!?" Luhan responded back in equal volume.

"Luhan I don't have time for your bull-"

"Yuri's in trouble."

That made Kai pause and stop yelling. He let out a string of curses. "What the hell happened Luhan."

"I-I don't know. I got a call, and Yuri, she was hurt, and screaming, and we need to go Kai please. Please help her. Don't do it for me, do it for Yuri."

There was a long silence on the other line for a while.

"Fine."

"I'll head off first then." Luhan almost hung up.

"Wait! I don't even know where she is!"

"I tracked her phone.. they're.. in the warehouse..." Luhan solemnly stated.

"Oh no.. that means... they're there.." Kai dropped his voice to almost a whisper.

"That means... you better bring the rest of them." Luhan quickly hung up and rushed out the door towards the dreaded warehouse.

*****

The laughter in the room subsisded within seconds. Everyone remained still at Kai's muttering.

All attention went to Kai.

"K-Kai.. what's wrong."

Kai's phone hit the floor with a thud that echoed throughout the walls.

"They're back."

 

Leaving D.O in his bed to rest, the friends rushed out of the hospital into the crisp night. It was pitch dark outside and slightly breezy. All the stars were out and the moon shone in perfect roundness. The boys rushed to the warehouse at full speed, wind wipping through their hair.

 

"Uh oh", whispered Kai. Not even a few minutes on their way, they stumbled across twenty, thirty, maybe even more, fists clenched, and blood boiling.

"Look what we got here. I see monster boy has some friends. Has quite a number of them too." One of them snickered. He pointed and laughed at the raging students and pointed towards their direction with his chin. The friends took a moment to collect their thoughts and gather what they were seeing.

The men bore all sorts of strange and new toys. Metal sticks with spikes, chains with spikes, curled knives, all the things that the boys weren't familiar with.

Kai, who had been already upset that Luhan had dared to pick up his phone and ask him for help, was even more furious that these men were wasting time.

"Look at these losers!"

The henchmen were busy jeering and making jokes, Kai took the initiative to signal to the rest of them to be quiet, and quietly scattered towards the other direction.

"Wait a second" One man broke the veil of laughter and came to his sences. He turned back to the battle ground, watching the boys' escape.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, GET THEM!"

Chanyeol shrieked as something shiny whizzed barely an inch away from his ear. As if his ears stuck out any more, he would've been scraped and bleeding.

Kai turned to face the men, running at full force towards them. "Don't worry guys, they're so small, it doesnt make a difference. We can take them no problem."

The rest nodded in unison and plunged towards the opponents.

*****

 

Kai smiked as he viewed the masterpiece around him. Weapons strewn across the ground, a mass pile of bodies scattered across the floor. was audible in the background but the men were too beaten up to do anything about it. Blood was splattered all over the ground leaving dark red river trails all over the pavement.

Meanwhile, the boys whooped and cheered for easily defeating the ones that outnumbered them.

Chanyeol grinned ear to ear and pulled Baekhyun into a tight embrace, lifting his feet above the ground until he was left dangling. Baekhyun responded by smaking the giant on the shoulder and was finally released.

Tao was meanwhile showing off his wushu skills and bragging to the rest of them on the moves that he perfected on the men. He followed by a series of moves to demonstrate how great he thought he had done.

"Guys! A little help here." Kai rolled his eyes at the already celebrating friends. "Do you remember that we're in a crisis over here?"

The boys quickly scrambled and looked left and right to find the direction of the warehouse.

Sehun faked a cough. "Are we just going to leave them out here for everyone to see?" he motioned towards the unconcious men.

Each one of them grabbed a few men and threw them behind anything that could hide them from the public. Behind the bushes and in the dumpster, man by man went down.

"Hyung, there's no more room" Sehun motioned to the rest of the men still on the ground.

"Just... open up that manhole."

"Oh. Yeah. Good idea hyung."

Chanyeol and Tao lifted the lid on the manhole while the rest of them pushed the men with their feet. As they slid along the ground, one man after another fell into the manhole.

Plop. Plop.

"Well I guess thats the end for them."

Lay grabbed a dirty, empty bottle on the sidewalk and ran over to the nearest water fountain, filling the bottle up the rim.

"Lay! This is no time for a drink!" Kai pestered.

"This isn't for me!" he shouted back at Kai at equal volume.

Lay jogged back with his hand covering the mouth of the bottle, careful not to spill any of the water and stopped in front of the mess on the ground. Lay removed his hand from the top and slowly tilted the bottle, allowing for the contents to spill across the ground, washing all the red stains away.

He continued by squatting down over the scattered weapons and picking one up by the handle.

"I think these will be useful."