Chapter 8

What Are You? [Inspired By EXO's Wolf]

Luhan isn't sure about his feelings. Was it only you that made his heart beat that fast or was it because he just reacted all girls that way. Maybe it was something natural for him? He needed to straighten his head about everything so he could know for sure.  Luhan dug through his bookbag to find the slip of paper that the girl handed him. It was crushed beneath all his books and crumpled.

Luhan smoothed it out on the table and saved the number in his contacts. He put his finger to his lip and stared down at the slip of paper. Jihyun-ssi. Luhan called the number with lots of regrets, and just before he was about to change his mind and hang up, Jihyun picked up the phone.

In a soft voice she answered, "Hello?"

"H-Hello? Is this Jihyun?"

"Yes... Who is this?"

"...it's Luhan"

Luhan heard a gasping on the other line. Jihyun thought she had covered the mouth of the phone well enough but Luhan could hear her screaming and jumping on the other line. She quicklky returned to the phone. "Yes Luhan? What do you need?"

"Hey... do you want to ... go out with me tonight.. for dinner and a movie?" Luhan hesitated.

"Of course I would!" Jihyun explained.

"Okay I'll meet you at 7." Luhan hung up, regretting asking in the first place, but it was for his own good. He decided to work on his homework for the time being.

At 6:00, Luhan looked up at the clock and started to get ready. He took a quick showed, washing his hair thoroughly, and then picking out an outfit to wear. He wore the simple button down shirt and a tie with a jacket. Luhan left his house, finding the address that Jihyun had given him ealier to pick her up.

At first Luhan got lost for a while but finally found his way to her house. He was just on time and rang the doorbell. Luhan heard footsteps coming towards the door and Jihyun came to the door. "Luhan!!" Jihyun ran over to Luhan's side and hugged his arm. While still holding on, she locked the door and walked to the movie theater with Luhan.

It was Jihyun's choice to watch a horror movie, even though Luhan was sure  it was just her idea to watch it so she could hold on to him the whole time. Luhan didn't mind this, it was even  better for his plan.

When the movie started and the lights dimmed, Jihyun put her head on Luhan's shoulder and enjoyed what she could until the movie started getting scary. As the scary faces came up, Jihyun grasped Luhan's arm tighly and hid behind him.

Touching his chest, Luhan was shocked, he didn't feel the same thumping feeling he usually did when he was around you. He looked at Jihyun and down at her lips like he did to you, but nothing changed. What is this.

After the movie, Luhan went to have dinner in one of Jihyun's favorite restaurants and he let her order. Jihyun kept talking to Luhan about how her day was and everything that was going on with her life but Luhan couldn't have cared less. He was too busy thinking of  you and why you caused him to react differently. When Luhan was with you, he didn't want to think about anything else but being with you at that moment.

Jihyun was busy chattering, that she didn't notice Luhan's silence. Luhan slowly ate and stared down at the table as if he was concentrating on what Jihyun was saying, but at the same time, off in another world.

After dinner, Luhan paid for the meal and then walked Jihyun back to her house.

You spent your day with Tao, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun and were coming back from the small shop where you all ate ramyun together, when you spotted Luhan on the street.

You were about to shout his name when you saw him with a girl. You squinted your eyes to take a better look. Is that.... JIhyun!? You blinked a few times and realized that it really was her. Why is she with Luhan? Did they go on a date or something???

Tao noticed that you were staring at Luhan and  his eyes widened as well. He tried to call for your attention, shaking your arm and calling your name but you didn't respond to him.

Jihyun and Luhan reached her apartment. "Luhan, thank you for tonight! It was amazing! I had so much fun with you." Luhan turned to leave but Jihyun pulled him back and gave him a peck on the lips. Luhan blinked and her, but just as his heart was before, he had no reaction.

"Bye Luhan", Jihyun shut the door behind her.

You put your hands over your mouth, not believing what just happened and held back a sob. We aren't dating or anything. Luhan has the freedom to do whatever he wants... but why do I feel like this? You turned around and started heading home.

Baekhyun shouted behind you, "Yuri, where are you going???" but Tao just held him back and shook his head at Baekhyun. "Let her go."

You ran home, and slammed the door to your bedroom and rested your head on the foot of your bed, sobbing at the fact that Luhan was with someone else. I thought we had something special. You cried there all night, finally falling asleep on the floor where you sat.

Tao, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol tried to follow you back to make sure that you were arriving home safely, but you ran so fast that they lost you on the way and decided just to head back.

Luhan trudged home, reflecting on what happened during the course of their 'date'. Not once had he felt his heart flutter. He had gotten just as close as he had to Jihyun as he had with you, but it only felt different with you. He just needed to confirm it with you as well.