Chapter 7

What Are You? [Inspired By EXO's Wolf]

You sat in class, with the seat next to you empty. You looked up at the clock, class was starting in five minutes. Luhan hadn't arrived yet, like most of the time. He needed to quit his habit of being late every day if he didn't want to be kicked out from school.

Tao tapped you on the shoulder causing you to be caught off guard and made you jump a little. "Yes Tao?"

"Hey Yuri, you know today is Luhan's birthday, you should come over to his house and celebrate it with us. You remember where he lives right? Because... we don't have a cake yet, so I was wondering if you can go pick one up for us. Is that okay?"

"Sure Tao I'll be there!" Luhans birthday huh? You smiled at this thought and thought of what you should buy for Luhan. You didn't know him well enough since you have no idea what he actually likes. He never even told you what he was like, even though you would spend so much time with him.

Luhan burst through the doors, beating the teacher just by a few seconds and ran to his seat. His face was all red and beading with sweat. You helped Luhan wipe it from his face and he smiled at you. "Thanks Yuri," Luhan whispered.

After classes were over, you ran out of school quickly without another word to Luhan, in search for the nearest bakery, so that you could go to Luhan's house as earliest as possible.

Did she forget it was my birthday? Luhan thought. No wait, I never told her my birthday, so it was natural that she didn't know it was my birthday today. But what about my friends? They didn't say anything to me either. Some friends I have. Luhan trudged home alone in silence and put his headphones in.

D.O saw Luhan from across the street and signaled the rest of them to hurry up and arrive at Luhan's place before he did. They all started running as fast as possible and avoiding Luhan's stare. Chen reached under Luhan's hug in front of his apartment and grabbed the spare keys, and let themseleves in. Tao poured out all the streamers, party hats, and other favors that he had stuffed into his bag this morning and dumped it all on the ground.

Chanyeol looked at his watch "I guess he'll be back in around 20 minutes. You think we outran him by at least that much time? He was walking so slowly, he'll probably never get here."

You made your way and found a Paris Baguette bakery nearby and asked for the Green Tea Chiffon cake. It was an adorable cake and very decorative. The worker quickly boxed the cake for you and handed you the box, in exchange you handed him the money for the cake. "Keep the change" you screamed as you ran out of the bakery towards the gift shop.

"Hmmm what should I get him?" You found a little phone strap in the gift shop with a deer on it. "Well this reminds me a lot of Luhan. He look's just like a little baby deer! I'll take it!" You asked the woman at the shop to wrap it up for you. On the way out you ran towards Luhan's house. Time was running out and even though you knew that your gift wasn't enough, you knew that you would make it up to him some other day.

Luhan arrived home, feet dragging behind him. He stood in front of his door, searching for the keys in his bag and having trouble finding it.

Chanyeol heard footsteps arriving. "Quick guys hide!" he whispered.

Everyone ducked under anything they could find, Luhan's couch, bed, table, and behind the door.

Luhan finally found his keys on the bottom of his bag and unlocked the door, swinging it open, throwing his bag on the floor.

"SURPRISE!!!" Luhan was tackled by a bunch of smiling faces and he lit up.

"Thanks guys.. you're the best! But hey.. where's Tao?"

Tao shut the door that Luhan had opened and came towards Luhan rubbing his nose "Hyungggggg that hurt!!" Tao pouted.

Everyone began laughing and everyone told Luhan to sit down on the couch.

Each of his friends pulled out their gifts and they sat there opening gifts for the next few minutes.

Luhan looked around and didn't see any sign of you. I guess she really didn't know it was my birthday.

Just then the door slammed open and you came rushing in with your hands on your knees. "Am I too late? Is it over?"

"No you came just on time", Luhan smiled and walked up to you, taking the cake. He settled it on the table and waited for you to catch your breath. "So now that the cake is here, let's eat!" You opened the cake box and slipped the candles in lighting them carefully so that the wax wouldn't drip on the beautiful cake.

Luhan's eyes sparkled over the light of the candles and blew them out, making a wish.

Everyone sat around, enjoying their slice of cake, when you suddenly remembered the gift you bought for Luhan.

"Oh here Luhan, here. I know its not much but I bought it last minute." You handed him the box.

Luhan opened it up. "A deer?" He chuckled.

D.O looked at Luhan. "Hey it looks like you!" Everyone burst out laughing and you hid in embarassment.

"Thanks Yuri, I like it." He slipped it onto his phone. "Look it goes perfectly!" You snapped a picture of Luhan putting his face next to the keychain and continued laughing at his face.

For the rest of the night, you played truth or dare with the rest of them, finding that the boys made up the most ridiculous dares ever. After playing all 13 of you guys gathered on and around the couch and watched a movie. Some sat on the floor, while the rest were squished shoulder to shoulder. Baekhyun ended up sitting on Chanyeol's lap and watching the movie while bickering how Baekhyun was making Chanyeol's legs fall asleep.

It started getting very late and you fell asleep during the movie. Your head drooped to the side and Kai laughed, pushing your head onto Luhan's shoulders. He gave Luhan a thumbs up and Luhan blushed in the dark. He looked down at your face, and then your lips and his heart started doing the strange thing it always did when he was close to you.

Luhan was glad you were asleep, he didn't want you do feel the weird way his heart was beating. After the movie ended, The other 11 friends got up and left Luhan alone with you. Kris had to drag Tao out of the house by the leg because he was so tired and sleepy.

Luhan put you on his bed again, this time making his way to the couch and his eye caught the phone on his table. He gave a smile and then just as quickly, the smile disappeard. Luhan held his hand to his chest. "Do I really like her?" He walked up to his bed, looking at you and put his hand on his chest again. "Was Tao right?"

 

 

 


 

 

 

This was the cake I was talking about hahaah isnt it pretty~? I actually want this cake for my birthday xD

gt-chiffon.gif