Chapter 6

Internet love

Today at school was very loud. Everyone were talking about Minsoo’s big birthday party. He was one of the popular kids in the school. Everyone wanted to get an invitation to his party.

“Oh my god I can’t believe he invited me” screamed one girl.

“Yeah~ I don’t know what should I get him” said the other girl.

There were whispers and screams everywhere until the last bell rang. On their first class Byunghun had to present his project. Actually he did a very good job. Changhyun didn’t even helped him a lot. The teacher fixed his grade and he no longer had an F. *Finally~* thought Byunghun.  After the class the students went to their lockers to change books. Changhyun was getting some books from his locker when suddenly someone tapped his shoulder. He quickly turned around and saw a familiar face.  It was Byunghun with a book in his hand.

“Hey…  Thanks for helping me out and.. here’s your book” he smiled and handed the book to Changhyun.

“Oh no problem” said Changhyun. 

When Byunghun walked away Niel popped in out of nowhere.

“What are you… friends ?” he chuckled and poked Changhyun.

“What?NO~” replied Changhyun and went back to his classroom.

When school was over everyone went home. Byunghun was the last one leaving. His friends already left without him. When he got home his parents already knew about his grade so they decided to give him his phone and laptop back.

*Omg I can finally talk to Ricky again* he thought and went in his room. Even though it’s been just three days without talking to Ricky to him it seemed like it was forever. Byunghun his laptop and later sighed in. Unfortunately Ricky wasn’t online. Byunghun sighed and lied down on his bed. He stared at the ceiling for a moment until he fell asleep. Suddenly his phone started to vibrate  and ruined his sleep. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and a wide smile appeared on his face. It was a message from Ricky.

Hyung where are you? Why aren’t you writing back? You’re online -3-

Byunghun chuckled at the message and quickly took his laptop in his lap. He saw that Ricky already sent him a message on the laptop too.

L.Joe: Hey Ricky, sorry I was sleeping ><

Ricky: It’s okay hyung, How have you been?

L.Joe: Fine, I was grounded.

Ricky: oh why?

L.Joe: nothing important. . hey I’m going to this party and I was wondering if you wanna come with me since we live in the same city.  

Ricky: Sure hyung, when’s the party?

L.Joe: it’s tomorrow at 9 pm. I’ll text you  the adress. I’ll be the guy with the blonde hair next to the fontain. (:

Ricky: okay hyung, see you there ^^

After they talked for hours Ricky had to sign off.

The next day was Minsoo’s birthday party. Everyone of course were talking about it again. Niel, Chunji and Changhyun were sitting at a bench outside the school. It was lunch break.  Minsoo noticed them sitting there and walked there.

“Hey guys” he greeted. The three boys greeted him back and smiled. “Today’s my party and I would like you guys to come” smiled Minsoo and handed the invitation card to Chunji.

“When is it?” asked Changhyun and peeked at the card. *9 pm?* he thought. Changhyun was suppose to go at this other party with L.Joe .

“Hyung I don’t know if I can make it though” said Changhyun and looked at Minsoo.

“Oh… well that’s okay” smiled Minsoo and left.

Changhyun felt little bad for not going at Minsoo party, but he really couldn’t cause he wants to meet L.Joe really bad. Byunghun is not the only one that has a crush on his little internet friend. Changhyun likes him too, a lot.

An hour before the party everyone were getting ready especially Byunghun and Changhyun, or should I say Ricky and L.Joe. They both were very excited for the party.

“I’m gonna meet L.joe~ I’m gonna meet L.Joe~ L.JOE” Changhyun started to sing while getting dressed.

“You’re gonna meet who?” said his mom.  Changhyun was surprised and screamed in shock.

“Ah you’re scared me mom” he pouted. “Um… that was my new favorite song” he smiled.

“really? By who?” she asked.

“Um… by … Ricky Joe” Changhyun started to laugh nervously. “You never heard of him?”

“ Not really… “ replied his mom. “But then again, I’m old” chuckled his mother and left.

Changhyun let out a sigh of relief and then continued to sing the song but this time more quietly. 

At 9:15 pm he was at the party. There were a lot of people there already. When he entered he noticed Minsoo coming his way. *What?* he thought.

“I’m glad you made it Changhyun” smiled Minsoo.

“Oh… um sure..” laughed Changhyun.

Later he saw Niel and the rest of the guys.

“Woah you came~” yelled Niel and hugged Changhyun.

“yeah, of course I came” smiled Changhyun.

*Okay. This is starting to get weird… That means L.joe is one of Minsoo’s friends..* he thought.

While Changhyun was talking to Niel, Byunghun was waiting for him at the fontain. Changhyun couldn’t get away from Niel to go meet L.Joe.  15 minutes later Niel finally stopped talking and went somewhere with Chunji. Changhyun used that to find L.Joe. He went at the fontain outside and saw a guy with blonde hair. *Is that him?*he smiled and was about to call him but the blonde guy turned around. Changhyun saw his face and gasped at the image. He never thought that L.Joe could be Byunghun. While he was staring at Byunghun, Niel came again.

“There you are! I was looking for you” said Niel. “Something awesome happened. Me and Chunji hyung were walking and…” Niel trailed off with his story but Changhyun didn’t hear anything of it. He was still staring at Byunghun/ L.Joe.

“How can that be?” said Changhyun thinking about Byunghun.

“Yeah I know, and I was like…” said Niel and continued with his crazy story. He thought that Changhyun was referring to him.

“Great story hyung… “ Changhyun cut  him off. “I think I’m gonna go home early” said Changhyun.

“Are you okay?” asked Niel worriedly.

“Yeah I’m fine” smiled Changhyun.

Changhyun quickly left while Niel went to Byunghun.

“Hey hyung, what’s up?” asked Niel.

Byunghun turned around hoping that it was Ricky but it wasn’t. His smile got away when he saw Niel.

“Oh it’s you, nothing I’m just waiting for someone.”

“Who?”

“Has anyone else told you that you ask a lot of questions? “ chuckled Byunghun.

“Well.. yeah” pouted Niel.

“I’m waiting for a friend”

“..who?” whispered Niel.

“You don’t know him” whispered Byunghun.

Yes he was in bad mood. He waited Ricky to come for 30 minutes, but Niel managed somehow to cheer him up even a little.

Byunghun couldn’t wait for Ricky any longer so he decided to go home as well. It was only 11 pm when he left. Changhyun was already at home thinking about L.Joe/ Byunghun. He was staring at the screen on his computer and suddenly he got a new message from L.Joe.

L.joe:  What happened? Why didn’t you come?

Changhyun quickly thought of an excuse.

Ricky: Sorry hyung, I’m sick

L.joe: What’s wrong?

Ricky: Just a sore throat. I can’t talk properly.

L.joe: Well I hope you get better soon.