Chapter 23

Internet love

 

“Mom, I’m going out!” yelled Changhyun and entered the kitchen. He looked around but his mother wasn’t there. “Mom~!” he yelled again, trying to find her.

“She’s out with your aunt” his dad replied from the living room.

“Oh… okay” mumbled Changhyun. “I’m going out dad” he said and left.

Changhyun is meeting today with Byunghun, finally. After all they’ve been through, they’re finally going to talk about it. They’re meeting at a coffee shop. It was near their both houses so that’s why they’re going there.

Byunghun came there first, and waited for Changhyun to come. He already ordered some drink for himself. Byunghun’s face was blank. He looked so bored until he saw Changhyun entering the shop. A big smile appeared on his face and he stood up.

“I missed you Ricky” he said and went towards the younger boy. He wanted to give him a kiss on the cheek but Changhyun turned his head and glared at him. Changhyun gave Byunghun and worried look and just walked away.

“Mom… I didn’t know you would be here” said Changhyun and joined his mom and aunt, who were sitting next to Byunghun’s table.

“I told you this morning but I guess you didn’t hear me” chuckled Changhyun’s mother.

“Changhyun-ah, who’s that boy over there?” his aunt asked and pointed at Byunghun. Byunghun was frozen. He didn’t move.

“He’s… I don’t know him” said Changhyun and looked at Byunghun.

Byunghun looked at the younger boy once again before leaving. He gave him a hurtful look and left the coffee shop. Changhyun bit his lip and looked down.

“Is everything okay Changhyun-ah?” his mother asked.

“Yeah, I just remembered there’s something I have to do…” smiled Changhyun and stood up. “Bye mom, aunt” he bowed and left the shop to look for Byunghun. The older one was no where in sight. Changhyun sighed and went towards the direction where Byunghun’s house was. First he was walking fast but later he started to run.

*Why did I do that?* he yelled in his head. “Aish, Byunghun” he yelled. People that were around him gave him a weird look but Changhyun just ignored them. He took his phone out and called Byunghun.

“Yoboseyo?” answered Byunghun.

“Hyung!” yelled Changhyun. “Where are you?” he quickly asked.

“I’m… on my way home, why do you care?” said Byunghun coldly.

“I… um please come back” Changhyun blushed at his own words.

“Changhyun I understand why you did it… you were still mad at me but telling me would have been better than this… “

“Hyung no! I’m not mad it’s just… my m-mom” Changhyun looked down.

“What about her?”

“She’s…um… I don’t want her to find out”

“Oh…  okay, I understand”

“T-thanks hyung… can we still see each other now?” Changhyun blushed again.

Byunghun hang up on him. “He…hang up on me?” Changhyun questioned…

“I’m right behind you” said Byunghun and hugged Changhyun from behind.

“Hyung” Changhyun called out, surprised. “I’m sorry” he turned around and hugged him.

“It’s fine… really” chuckled Byunghun. *What did I just say? I guess he really changed me a lot* thought Byunghun and smiled.

Byunghun broke the hug and placed his hands on Changhyun’s cheeks. He smiled before leaning in and kissing him. Changhyun smiled in between the kiss.

Later the two of them went on a date. While they were eating ice cream, Byunghun’s phone started to ring. He took out his phone and answered it.

“Hey hyung! It’s Niel”

“H-hey Niel”

“Where are you hyung? Can we meet?”  asked Niel.

“Um I can’t now, why?”

“Well we have to talk about something… I need a favor from you”

“Oh, what kind?”

“I can’t really tell you over the phone… can we meet later today?”

“Yeah sure, I’ll call you” said Byunghun.

“Yay okay, bye” cheered Niel and hang up.

Byunghun sighed and placed his phone back in his pocket. He thought about what he heard  yesterday over the phone. Changhyun looked at him puzzled.

“What does Niel want…?” asked Changhyun shyly.

“I don’t know, he wants us to meet later”

“Oh… so you’re going?”

“Yeah I guess…” replied Byunghun.

~~

When their date was over, Byunghun called Niel to meet with him.

“Come at my house hyung” said Niel.

“O-okay…” replied Byunghun and went at his house. He was kind of nervous. *What if he confesses to me?* he thought but quickly shook that thought off. He knocked on the door and soon they opened, revealing Niel.

“I’m glad you came” Niel hugged him. He actually didn’t know that Byunghun heard him and Minsoo talking yesterday.

They both went in Niel room and sat down.

“So… what do you wanted to talk about?” asked Byunghun awkwardly.

“ Um yeah… about that... you can’t tell anyone, okay?”

“Okay” nodded Byunghun. “What is it?”

“Well… there’s this person that I like and I want to confess but… I don’t think that person likes me back” Niel looked down.

Byunghun gulped. “C-can I know…who’s that person?” 

“It’s Minsoo hyung” Niel replied quickly.

Byunghun gasped at his answer. “Really?” 

“Yes” nodded Niel.

*That’s a relief* Byunghun sighed. “And why are you telling me this?”

“Cause … I wrote a song about him and… you can play the piano so… I was wondering if-“

“Okay” Byunghun cut him off. “I’ll help you” he smiled. *So that song was for Minsoo hyung not me* thought Byunghun and smiled.

“R-really?” Niel stood up.

“Yup” nodded Byunghun.

“Thank you hyung” Niel hugged him.

The next day they went in a studio that Niel’s dad owned. Niel even let Byunghun to rap in his song. It took them only one day to record the song. Niel already showed Byunghun the notes for the piano.

“Thanks hyung for helping me” smiled Niel.

“No problem… When are you going to give him the CD?” asked Byunghun.

“I-I’m not sure if I’m going to…I don’t want to ruin our friendship but I want to tell him too…” sighed Niel.

“Just think about it “

“Okay” nodded Niel.

When he went home he wrote a letter to Minsoo, cause he just couldn’t say all those words to his face. His heart was beating so fast while writing the short letter. When he finally finished he put the letter and the CD in a small bag and left. Niel went at Minsoo’s house . When he knocked on the door his mother told him that Minsoo wasn’t home today.

“Can you give this to him?” asked Niel.

“Sure” his mother smiled.

“Thank you” Niel bowed before leaving.

After Niel left, 10 minutes later Minsoo came home. His mother gave him the little bag and he went in his room. He opened it and saw the letter and the CD in it. Minsoo took out the letter and started reading it.

It was always you Minsoo hyung…