Chapter 5

Internet love

 

“…Why do you hate me so much?” asked Changhyun.

“Um.. is this okay?” said Byunghun and pointed at the project. He heard Changhyun very clearly but he just didn’t want to talk about it. Changhyun himself knew why but what happened between them was long ago and Byunghun should just forget about it already. Obviously he didn’t forget about it and it’s still bothering him.

FLASHBACK

Today was Byunghun’s first day at school. He’s the new student that everyone has been talking about. It was sunny that day. Byunghun walked into the school and looked around.

*It’s huge. How am I suppose to find my classroom now?* he thought and sighed.

He really needed a friend right now but he was alone. Byunghun can’t really get some friends easily. That was the only thing he needed right now. He looked around again and saw a student passing by. He was alone.

“Um… excuse me” said Byunghun. The student who was passing by stopped and looked at Byunghun.

“Yes?” he answered.

“I-I’m new here and I can’t find my classroom…” Byunghun smiled weakly. “So.. can you help me?”

“Sure” the student smiled. “I’m Changhyun by the way” he pulled his hand out.

“I’m Byunghun” Byunghun shook his hand. He just made a new friend on his own and it wasn’t that bad as he thought it will be.
Changhyun showed him the whole school. It was really big and Byunghun barely remembered everything.

After his first day at school Byunghun started to really like Changhyun as a friend, of course. Back in America, where he used to live, he didn’t have a friend like Changhyun. Changhyun is sweet, nice and really cares about Byunghun unlike the other friends he had before. To be honest Byunghun was a bully in his old school, in America. No body really liked him at school but he didn’t care about that. After he came here in Korea it seemed like he changed just like that. He actually liked his friend now and didn’t bully anyone. His grades were good too.

It’s been one month since Byunghun transferred in this school. He and Changhyun have been hanging around every day. Byunghun really started to become himself in front of Changhyun. But Changhyun got the wrond idea. He started to have some feelings towards his new friend. Byunghun used to tell everything to Changhyun, about his past and stuff like that. Changhyun really fell for him so one day he decided to confess. He thought that Byunghun was feeling the same as him but he was wrong. Byunghun wanted just friendship and nothing more.
One day they were doing their homework together. They were at Changhyun’s house.

“Hyung…” said Changhyun and looked at the older boy.

“Yeah?” said Byunghun while still looking at his notebook and writing something.

“L-look at me” said Changhyun and Byunghun quickly raised his head. Their faces were now inches away. Just one more move and they’ll kiss. And that’s what happened. Changhyun leaned in closer to his hyung’s face and their lips met. It didn’t last too long though. Byunghun was surprised and quickly pushed Changhyun off of him.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” yelled Byunghun and wiped his lips. He had a disgusted expression on his face.

“I…” Changhyun couldn’t say anything at that moment. His heart was beating too fast and he was embarrassed. He thought that Byunghun felt the same but obviously not.

“WHY DID YOU DO THAT CHANGHYUN?” yelled Byunghun again.

“I... I thought you would like it…”

“LIKE IT?” Byunghun continued to yell. “I’M NOT GAY! I HATE GAY PEOPLE!”

Changhyun was hurt by those words. He was hurt because he himself liked guys.

“AISH! I can’t believe this… Just.. don’t talk to me anymore” said Byunghun and grabbed his things. He left without even saying a ‘bye’ to his friend.

Changhyun’s eyes soon became teary and some tears fell. He just got rejected- again. He just wanted to die at that moment. He was sick and tired of guys always saying the same thing to him. Every guy he liked and had confessed to said those things, that they’re not gay.

This was the last day when they spoke to each other like friends. From that day Byunghun became his old self, like he was in his previous school. His grades became bad and he started to bully Changhyun with his new friends. Since then till now have passed two years and Byunghun still hasn’t forgotten that day. He still kept on bullying Changhyun.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“Byunghun hyung… Let’s just talk about it, okay?” said  Changhyun weakly.

“Talk about what?” Byunghun still wasn’t acting like he didn’t know what Changhyun was talking about.

*I HATE GAY PEOPLE* popped in his head. That was the thing he yelled at Changhyun. *Ricky… What am I now? I like a guy..* he thought and actually regret saying that he hates gay people.

“It’s been two years now hyung! And I don’t like you anymore like that well… I never did like you a lot it’s just.. you never gave me a chance to explain…” Changhyun lowered his head.

“Changhyun-ah… I can’t talk about this” he stood up. “You should go, I’ll finish the project myself” said Byunghun.

“..Okay.. hyung” Changhyun stood up and left. “Bye…”

*Aish! Why did he asked that?* thought Byunghun.

 

~~

 

“Ah I hope those two don’t kill each other while making the project” sighed Chunji.

“Yeah me too” agreed Minsoo.

Chunji, Changjo, Minsoo and Niel were together now. They were hanging at the mall. They’ve become really close these past few days. Only Byunghun and Changhyun are the problem in their friendship.

It was silence for a moment. Everyone were at their own world, thinking about random things.

 

*I hope that Ricky is okay…* thought Chunji and looked at his watch.

*Aish they’re probably arguing about something right now* sighed Minsoo.

*I wonder if Byunghun hyung likes me* thought  Niel and blushed but quickly turned his face so no one would notice. He actually had a crush on Byunghun for a long time now. He was jealous that his friend Changhyun was spending a lot of time with him but when they had a fight he felt a little happy. And now they’re together in the same room. Niel felt jealous again.

*I’m hungry…* thought Changjo.