Chapter 18

Internet love

 

“Hey hyung” greeted Changhyun. He’s been waiting Niel for a while now but he came.

“Hey…” said Niel and sat next to Changhyun. They were sitting on a bench outside the mall.

“I’m sorr-“ Changhyun was about to apologize again but Niel cut him off.

“Wait! It’s my fault… I’m sorry Ricky” he forced a smile. Losing a friend over someone he likes it’s stupid. “We’ve been friends for almost 10 years now and I don’t wanna waste my time arguing about some stupid thing…”

“It’s not stupid hyung! You like him and I…”

“No!” Niel cut him off again. “It’s fine that you’re with Byunghun hyung now! I don’t like him anymore…” lied Niel.

“Hyung… I can tell when you’re lying so it’s useless now! I know you still like him” said Changhyun. Niel looked at him, he didn’t say anything.

“Okay…” he finally spoke up again. “Yeah I still like him but… I’ll try my best to forget about him! It’s useless loving someone when he doesn’t love you back” Niel faked another smile.

“I’m sorry…”

“It’s not your fault that I wasn’t good enough for him… But I’m glad that he’s with you.”

Changhyun looked at Niel and smiled. He was glad that he’s friend is back. Suddenly Changhyun remembered about what happened to him earlier with Byunghun. His smile fade away and he looked down.

“Actually hyung… I hate it”

“What?” Niel got confused.

“I really don’t know how could I like a guy like him…”

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

“I… saw him with some friends earlier and I just wanted to hug him but… he pushed me away and pretended like he doesn’t know me” now Changhyun was crying in front of Niel.

“He… did that?” Niel was shocked. “Wow…” he mumbled and pulled his friend closer to him. Changhyun wrapped his arms around the older boy and Niel did the same thing. “I’m sure he has a good explanation about it”

“I hope so” sobbed Changhyun.

Later the two of them started walking around the mall. Changhyun was still feeling down. He wasn’t talking anything. Niel was getting more and more worried about his friend.

“Yah Ricky… cheer up” he poked him. Changhyun just sighed and continued walking. *What should I do to make him feel better?* thought Niel. While they were walking Niel saw a store. He grabbed Changhyun’s arm and dragged him in.

“What are we doing here?” Changhyun finally started talking.

“Um… I wanted to buy some shirts… and stuff” replied Niel and grabbed a lot of shirt. He entered the changing room and tried the first shirt on.

“What do you think?” he asked in a funny tone and walked out.

“It’s nice” nodded Changhyun.

Niel tried the next one and went out.

“What about this?” he turned around.

“Hm… it kinda looks… girly? Eh I don’t know”

“GIRLY?” yelled Niel. Changhyun nodded and started to laugh. “Excuse me miss!” Niel called the lady who worked there.

“Yes?” she replied.

“Does this look to you girly?” he asked.

“Yes that’s a girl’s shirt” she chuckled.

“WHAT?” Niel’s jaw dropped. “but but… but it was in the man’s clothes…”
Changhyun started to laugh even more. Niel looked at him and smiled. *Oh well at least he’s smiling again* smiled Niel and went to change in his own clothes.

~~

Minsoo and Changjo were at the mall at that time too. They were passing by that store Niel and Changhyun were in.

“Hyung! There’s Changhyun and Niel hyung” said Changjo and pointed towards that store. Minsoo looked at the store and saw Niel going in circles, mad, wearing a girl’s shirt. “Is Niel hyung wearing a girl’s shirt?” asked Changjo and started to laugh.

“I guess so” chuckled Minsoo and dragged Changjo away.

~~

At the end Niel didn’t buy anything from that store. Changhyun was still laughing at him.

“A pink shirt with a kitty on it looked manly for you?” laughed Changhyun.

“I thought it was cute…” pouted Niel. “And it was in the man’s clothes!” he yelled.

“Alright! Don’t get mad” chuckled Changhyun.

~~

 

It was 3 pm when Changhyun went home. He entered the house and it was silent. His parents were gone. Changhyun looked for them through the whole house but they were nowhere to be found. Finally when he entered the kitchen he saw a note on the fridge. It said that they’ll be back late from work. Changhyun sighed and locked the door before going upstairs, in his room. He went in his room and changed in something comfortable. He signed in and noticed that Byunghun was online too. *L.joe…* he thought and bit his lip.

L.Joe: Changhyun I’m sorry about earlier, can we meet now?

Byunghun messaged him. Changhyun read the message and rolled his eyes .”You think you can get away from this that easily?” he mumbled and lied down on his bed. “I’m not replying you… jerk” he said and closed his eyes. Byunghun became more worried about Changhyun. He was bothered that he won’t reply to him. Suddenly it started to rain outside. Byunghun didn’t know what to do. He was just walking around his room, waiting for Changhyun to reply. He sighed and looked out the window. “Great” he rolled his eyes and sat down on his bed. Changhyun was already sleeping at that time. Suddenly the rain started to get really loud and a thunder was coming. The thunder woke Changhyun up. He rubbed his eyes and went towards the window. Changhyun gasped when he saw the weather. “Aish…” he bit his lip and looked at his computer screen. He saw that Byunghun has sent him a couple of messages.

Ricky: I’m not meeting you!

He sent the message and lied back down on his bed. Byunghun read the message and sighed. “Oh yeah you will” he ran downstairs. Byunghun took his coat and wore his shoes. He left the house and started running towards Changhyun’s house. It was raining, but he didn’t care. *Aish I’m sorry Changhyun* he thought and started to run faster. After a while he was already in front of Changhyun’s house. He entered the gate and knocked on the door. Few seconds later the door opened. Byunghun looked up and saw  Changhyun’s shocked face.

“What are you doing here?” yelled Changhyun and pulled Byunghun inside. He quickly took of his coat and ran upstairs. Changhyun came back with some clothes in his arms. “Here! Wear this. You’ll catch a cold” said Changhyun.

“No… I don’t care about that. I came to talk to you” said Byunghun. Changhyun just looked at him. “I’m sorry…” he said. “I shouldn’t of done that! Changhyun… please forgive me…”

“I really want to do that but… it’ll be just wrong… cause tomorrow you’ll do it again and again… just answer me this: Why did you do that hyung? Am I not good enough for you?” Changhyun yelled the last part and looked at Byunghun. There were already tears in his eyes. Byunghun gasped when he saw his face.

“N-no Ricky… it’s not that”

“Then what is it hyung?” yelled Changhyun again.

“I… didn’t want my friends to know that I have a …boyfriend” he mumbled.

“So you’re …ashamed of me?” cried Changhyun

“Don’t do this to me… “

“I’m not doing anything hyung! You are the one who just keeps on hurting me” yelled Changhyun.

“I’m sorry…”

“That’s not enough! Just get out!” he yelled and pushed Byunghun out.

“Ricky wait! Just give me another chance! I’ll…tell them”

“It’s too late…”

“Huh? …It’s always what you want” Byunghun looked down. “You never considered how I feel! You always make your own decisions! When we were supposed to meet, YOU ran away!”yelled Byunghun. “ I guess I wasn’t good enough for you at first”  he looked at Changhyun coldly and left.

“Oh my god…” Changhyun cried.