Lonely Peace

The Hunters of the Night

She was wide awake that night, it was midnight. And was strolling down the noisy streets of Korea downtown, where she can find peace and quiet.

 

She entered the park, the gate wide open. The Lamp posts were flickering. And the light was blazing in her eyes. " Mi - Hyun? " and she moved her head towards the man who called her, it was Chung - Hee. She got up and walked away from him, her head down. Chung - Hee then ran after her, and caught her wrist. " Talk to me! "

And she turned around at him, her hoody sliding down by her head to her neck. " What do you want me to say? " She said, looking irritated. " Want me to say that I love you and I want you back? "

And Chung - Hee became quiet, his hand loosening a bit at her wrist.

" Just as I thought, " And she struggled out of his loosen grip, and walked away.

" Mi - Hyun! " and this one was fierce, so she turned around. Her face flushed. " Tell me! Why! "

" Why? I should ask you the same question Chung - Hee.. Why Goddamnit! " She said, moving her hands up then back at her sides, tears slowly coming from the corners of her eyes.

" It wasn't me.. "

" Don't you know how I grieve all the time I remember you? I see you? "

" Mi  - Hyun.. "

" My heart ached Chung - Hee.. and you should know that.. "

" I told you it wasn't me! "

" Oh.. Everything wasn't you! Like the time when we first kissed. That wasn't you.. "

" Mi - Hyun I told you... "

" No Chung - Hee.. I don't want to see you, it just breaks me more. " And she turned away, walking down. But Chung - Hee had caught her arm, and had pulled her to him. Mi - Hyun froze, as they were in a kiss. A resemblance to what happened their first kiss. But she pussed him back, and wiped her lips with teh back of her hand.

" What the.. " 

" Mi - Hyun. I told you, to forget about it! "

" It's hard for Mi - Hyun to forget you know.. " Dae - Suk said, cutting in the scene.

"Goddamnit! I'm tired of both of you already! Can't you guys just leave me alone? "

And she walked away, her head down. Tears were wiped away from her face.

 

She got back to Dae - Suk's house, and moved right at her room. " Hi  Mi - Hyun 

" I don't have time to talk to you to Yu - Ri. " She said, rolling her eyes.

" Look It wasn't Chung - Hee's fault. It was mine.. "

" Yeah, I believe it is your fault. "

" I tried to kiss him, I just want to experience something new. Like.. I just used him..... "

" He could've pushed you off. "

" I know he can't. "

" Why's that? "

" Because she threatened me that she'll hurt you, " Chung - Hee had said, barging in. Looking inside the room,

" Leave. "

" No. I want to get things straight. "

" Listen.. I don't want to see either of you. Now leave. "

" Mi - Hyun. " Chung - Hee said, grabbing her wrist. " Listen to us first. "

" Oh yeah right.. Explain. " She said, emphasising the word.

 

FLASHBACK 

 

Yu - Ri pulled Chung - Hee's wrist. But he couldn't move for he was bound by a manacle. She was tugging him, the manacle burning his wrist. " The is this.. "

" Escape, and I'll hurt Mi - Hyun.. "

" You wouldn't dare. "

" Oh dare me. "

 

They both went into their room. It was comfortable, and a cat was at teh window sill. " Cats.. I hate Cats.. "

" Oh yeah.. Allergies.. "

" So what do you want to talk about? "

" About this.. " and she had showed him a little ring, bounded with a carving Y and another with C.

" You still have those? Oh don't be ridiculous. "

" I did, because Azazek was right, I do have feelings for you. And I thought If I had come back, you'd come back after me.. But.. Mi - Hyun got you first. "

" Yeah, because she's the only girl I'm serious with. "

" And that's why I came back, to see if you missed me or when you were serious about it.. "

" Don't you remember our break-up Yu - Ri.. Just shut the u.. "

 

But Yu - Ri had already pressed her lips to his. But he struggled, her couldn't move because of the manacle. Until it had broken free when the door had brust open. He had pushed Yu - Ri back. Looking by the door, was Mi - Hyun. Seeing her broken face like that.. was tragic.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Mi - Hyun looked at Chung - Hee as if she didn't hear everything, but she did. " Now do you believe me? "

" Still.. No. "

" Why couldn't you? If you want me to give you a thousand sorrys I'll do it.. "

" No, It's not that. I believe you but.. I don't want my heart to break again. It's hard for me.. Just too hard. "

 

And she moved up to her sketchpad, and took it from her hand. She had slowly slid her fingers through the open notebook. At the small ends of it. 

 

It created somewhat a moving picture. Yu - Ri and Chung - Hee coming closer, and closer until it stopped until they were inches away from eachother.

" This is what I've been doing for the past hours. "

" Wow.. You got my facial features correct. Do I really look that fat? " Chung - Hee said, raising a brow.

" Yes, you do. "

 

The door creaked open, and a slim, hunky guy was at the door. His hair looked curly, and beautiful. He had brown eyes, and a thin layer of lips. 

 

He was her first boyfriend.

" K.. K.. Kwang - Sun? " She muttered, looking astonished.

" Hi Mi - Hyun.. I look new now right? " And he gave a soft laugh.

" Wait, wait, wait.. You guys know eachother? "  Chung - Hee said, looking at them both.

 

And they all looked at eachother, the atmosphere in the room was odd and un pleasant.