Chapter08: Butter Shots

Cotton Candy Cafe, A Chocolate Love Series(HIATUS)

“Butter Shots”

~Yuri~

8:00

Just as Seohyun left, Yuri decided to take a walk, a peaceful pleasure walk. She slid both of her hands into the pockets of her white dress coat. It was a cold and painful evening for Kwon Yuri and she couldn’t help her tears. Each drop falls as she takes one step after the other. As the night gets deeper she forgot her five minute promise to Seohyun and her feet have led her to somewhere off of their home street.

Just as she was walking alone the quiet streets of Seoul, she felt something eerie already. Just as she turned to look back, she saw no one. But she had this feeling that she was being followed. Her heart started to race and she knew something bad is about to happen. She could hear footsteps from behind.

Yuri decided to walk quickly and cross the street. She suddenly went inside a near restaurant grill that was still open. She walked in and settled by the counter bar. “Good evening.” The barista greeted to her, she slightly bowed her head for respect.

“Ahnyong.” Yuri greeted back with also a slight bow to repay the respect being given to her. Yuri kept on looking outside through the glass wall, and then she sighed. Her senses were back to normal and her eerie feeling went away. She hugged herself and calmed herself down.

“What would you like to have tonight?” The barista asked.

“Uhm… Do you have alcohol drinks?”

“Yeh... Here’s the menu…” The barista gave her a menu with variety of alcoholic drinks listed in it.

“I’ll have six butter shots…” Yuri said. She didn’t glance over the menu anymore. It was what she usually drinks.

“You’re a hard drinker?” Someone said. He just came to the picture and settled beside Yuri.

Yuri just looked at him. She was confused and all that came up to her mind was who the hell are you? -.-

“One butterscotch whiskey mug.”

“Omo…Heechul?? Is that seriously you??” Yuri snapped. She finally recognized the person.

Heechul smiled at her.

“Whoa… it’s been a while. How are you lately?” Yuri asked.

“I’m fine…same old same old.”

“Jinjja? I almost didn’t recognize you…”

“Well, you’re still the same. You’re still pretty and it was the way I remembered you and your friends. You guys were one of the popular girls during high school.” Heechul laughed.

Yuri chuckled. “Ah-neeyo… But we’re just ordinary people now.” She smiled.

“Jinjja? Well...Do you want popularity again?"

"I'd love to." Yuri laughed. Heechul laughed as well.

"I know what to do but first, how’s life?”

“Uhm life…is torturing me. You?”

“Torturing? How can you say that?” Heechul asked. “Me? I’m still the same…On my own…”

“Jinjja?? You’re still single?? Ever since you and… Uhm…”

“It’s okay. Yes.” Heechul said. “Ever since Sica and I broke up, but I’m happy. I’ve actually bumped into her few nights ago.”

“Bo? You did??”

“She didn’t mention?”

Yuri shook her head.

The barista came with their drinks. “Six butter shots and butterscotch whiskey. Enjoy…”

“Uhm… Did you two talked?” Yuri asked.

Heechul nodded. “Yes, she was actually waiting for Tiffany but then she said she’ll just go home, and then I asked her if she’d like to have some coffee or something like it. But she just said a cone of ice cream would be nicer.”

“Jinjja??” Yuri said in a shocked tone. “But… Isn’t that what you guys usually do before? You’d buy and eat a cone of ice cream and walk together, talk together…”

Heechul smiled and nodded. “That’s what exactly happened that night. So, what brings you here tonight?” He asked as he took a sip from the mug of whiskey.

“Uhm… I just want to refresh myself. Clear myself… I’m just confused lately.” Yuri said honestly as she holds on to one of the shot glass in front of her. "Wait, tell me what happened the night you and Sica met."

“Oh…” But Heechul didn’t say no more. “Cheers?”

Yuri laughed. She understood that Heechul would not want to share. “Cheers.”

 

An hour has passed and Yuri was totally drunk. She drank more than six butter shots and she was lying in her arms by the counter.

“Miss… Can I have the bills now?” Heechul said to the barista. He looked at Yuri who was sleeping, drunk, and not in her normal state of mind anymore. He opened Yuri’s purse and looked for her phone, he was thinking of contacting her friends but just as he flips the cover of Yuri’s S4 the phone's battery was dead.

Just as the bill came, Heechul decided to pay everything.

“Yuri??”

“mmm??” Yuri groaned. Her half open eyes twitched.

“I’m going to take you home.”

“What home? My home… Is… faraway land…”

Heechul smiled.  “Do you know the address of your house?”

“Yeh…the tower…” Yuri laughed. “In faraway land, in the highest room of the tallest tower…”

“So you like the story Repunzel?”

Yuri didn’t answer.

After settling the bill, Heechul carried Yuri. "Sorry but I'll just bring you home tonight okay?"

Yuri nodded. Her eyes were closed and her head was leaning against Heechul's broad shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Kwon Yuri… Next time don’t drink more than your limit…” Heechul said as he enters the guest bedroom of his house while he assists Yuri in.

“Ya…I am not drunk…”

“What do you call yourself then?” He asked as he helps Yuri lie down.

“Beautiful…” Yuri said as she lay down. She was smiling.

Heechul laughed and shook his head. He placed the purse of Yuri by the lampshade table near the bed.

“I want my Yoona… where is she?”

“I don’t know.” Heechul said. He got surprised with Yuri’s sudden demand.

“Ahraso… Let’s go find her. Quick… I need her now. Tonight. This minute!” Yuri jolted up into a sitting position.

“I know. Why don’t you sleep?” He gently held Yuri’s shoulder and lay her back down on the bed.

“I don’t feel sleepy…” Yuri whimpered. “Yoona…I love my Yoona… Do you know that?”

“Yes I do.” But Heechul didn’t know what kind of love Yuri was talking about.

“No…” Just then the half-awake eyes of Kwon Yuri suddenly closed.

“Yes you are. Do your friends know where you are? I mean do they know you went out to drink?” But Yuri was already asleep. She didn’t respond no more.

Heechul took off the pair of black high heeled shoes that Yuri was still wearing. Then he covered her with the thick white comforter and finally left her to sleep.

 

 

Sour Tapes of Lies

SNSD OT9


Thank you for reading! :) There's more to come! :)