Chapter03: Chocolate Coated, A Taeny, JeTi, Sunyeon Story

Cotton Candy Cafe, A Chocolate Love Series(HIATUS)

=>CHAPTER03: CHOCOLATE COATED<=

~A TaeNy, JeTi, SunYeon Story~

Weeks after the incident at the Cafe, everyone started to move on and forget what just happened... Or...At least they tried to forget.

“Fany ah!” Taeyeon said. “Here’s this month’s inventory list. I also made a list of income statement, so it’s up to you do to the balance sheet and financial statements.”

Tiffany nodded and finished her last sip of hot cocoa while looking at some bills and expenses. “Well, what else will I be doing?” She laughed to Taeyeon. She was sitting at the counter of Cotton Candy Café while analyzing the statements that Taeyeon gave her.

"Wow...It's good to hear you laugh..." Taeyeon smiled. "I miss your smiles. So how are you feeling?"

Tiffany flashed her smile some more. "I miss laughing too. Jinjja...I think I'm getting better."

"Good to hear that." Taeyeon said as she hugs Tiffany.

“Good morning!” A girl with mocha brown hair greeted, she was wearing a white shirt and denim shorts with a pink apron above it. She came out from the kitchen with a tray of freshly baked croissant.

Tiffany smiled and ran over to the girl. “Sica my love!” She hugged Sica who quickly placed the tray on top of the counter table to avoid accidents.

“Aya! Fany ah!” Sica said while being trapped around Tiffany’s arms. “The croissants might fall over to the floor. Sooyoung will kill me for killing the breads!”

Tiffany giggled. “But it didn’t fall because you saved them.” She stared into Jessica’s eyes and touched the tip of her nose. “You always save the day.”

Taeyeon pursed her lips and acted as if she didn't see anything and she quickly looked away.

Jessica felt awkward and uncomfortable as she remembered the kiss they had few nights ago. “Uhm… Anyways, I better put this to where they belong…” Jessica pulled away from Tiffany’s arms and went to put the croissant in its section.

Tiffany noticed that Jessica has been distant to her ever since the night she got drunk. Could Tiffany remember what truly happened and why Jessica acts differently?

“Uhm… I’ll just go buy some ice cream outside.” Taeyeon said. She flipped her long brown hair and grabbed her phone and wallet that was lying near the cashier register.

Tiffany who’s puzzled tilted her head. “Huh?? But we have ice cream here…”

Taeyeon froze by the entrance. “Uhm… I want something else”

“You can make one here instead of buying outside.” Jessica suggested as she pulls her apron off.

“I also need to breathe due to that inventory sheet and income statement that I made. It gave me head ache, so I’ll be back in a few minutes.” Taeyeon lied and managed to escape.

While walking along the street, Taeyeon hugged herself tightly. She sighed hard. What is happening with me? Why is it you always see Jessica but you never saw me. I always do things for you but you only see me when I do these things for you.

“Kim Taeyeon!” A girl called from behind.

Taeyeon turned. “Tiffany??”

Tiffany caught up with her. “Hey, are you okay? I’m sorry if I let you make the statements… I feel like it was my fault.”

“NO, NO… It’s not you and besides its part of my job. Uhm… It’s something else, don’t be bother too much. Go back to the café and I’ll be fine.” Taeyeon was nervous and she started to blab a lot.

“No, How about this, I’ll treat you out, any ice cream that you like.” Tiffany smiled. “I owe you a lot too for helping me with the monthly financial reports and for always being there to comfort me...” Tiffany said.

"Ya...What are friends for right? You don't need to repay me anything..." But Taeyeon couldn’t refuse and she was being magnet and hypnotized by Tiffany’s warm loving eye smile. Oh gosh… I want to melt. Taeyeon smiled. Could it be? She finally noticed me?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Sunny! Where are you?” A voice from another line said.

“Hey! Can you wait for another moment? I’m already running!”

“The shortcakes are running short! I’m in need of that ingredient and I’m already hungry, tired, and exhausted!” Sooyoung said, her voice almost dying.

“Argh! Why are you so demanding Choi Sooyoung?! I have it here, and I got you some dumplings and kimchi pancakes. Just give me a few more minutes-“Suddenly Sunny stopped after seeing a figure of a girl who was walking few meters away from her. “Uuh? I have to go…”

“YA! SUNNY!” Sooyoung called from the other line but Sunny hanged up.

Sunny immediately recognized Taeyeon’s back and seconds after she noticed Tiffany. They were walking happily eating a cone of ice cream.

They were eating chocolate coated ice cream…

I thought you said will only eat chocolate coated ice cream with me…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Nom nom noms*

“Sooyoung ah! Could you not eat everything in one gulp?” Sunny asked while she organizes the ingredient shelf inside the café’s kitchen.

“I am not eating it in one gulp. The dumplings are so yummy. They taste heaven to me…” Sooyoung said dreamily as she chews on a couple of dumpling.

Sunny made a straight face. “Everything tastes heaven to you, shikshin…”

Sooyoung who continued eating noticed Sunny was a little less energetic than usual. “Is something wrong?”

“No…” Then Sooyoung stared at her.

“Maybe…” Sooyoung stared at her still.

“Yes.”

“So what’s this about?” Sooyoung asked as she eats a spoonful of kimchi pancake.

“I saw Taeyeon with Tiffany again…” Sunny buried her face in her palms.

Jessica appeared behind them. “Whew…I’m done organizing the food walker…”

“And jealousy strikes again…” Sooyoung didn’t mind Jessica. She sighed hard. “Aigooo…It’s not bad if Taeyeon is hanging out with Tiffany.”

“Ya… they were eating chocolate coated ice cream! HMPH!” Sunny said bitterly. “Fine then! She just go with Tiffany. Don’t she ever comes back.”

Jessica froze. She didn’t know what to react. “Uhm… Where did they go?” she asked.

“Moolah…” Sunny answered.

“Can I have some?” Jessica changed the topic.

Sooyoung nodded. “Sure, come and join me!” Jessica pretended to be happy but deep down she was feeling slightly jealous. She joined Sooyoung and both of them started eating the dumplings.

“WHOA! SUNNYYYYY!” Taeyeon rushed in after seeing Sunny inside the kitchen. “Look what I have! Want some?”

Sunny rolled her eyes. “No…”

“But its chocolate coated ice cream! I even remembered you!”

“Then??”

“It’s our favorite!”

Sunny scoffed. “I’m not anymore interested since you ate the entire chocolate crunch coat…What else is left?”

Taeyeon stopped and Sunny walked out.

“What just happened?” she asked.

Jessica rolled her eyes. “Moolah…”

 

Like a Chocolate Coated ice cream…

Jealousy is sweet but never coat it with denials

Because when it breaks

It’s just plain soft pain all over…

 

For the next chapter of Cotton Candy Café, The Chocolate Love Series:

~Queen Candy of Hearts~ SooHyoSica Story.