Prequel11: Sweet Longings

Cotton Candy Cafe, A Chocolate Love Series(HIATUS)

~Sweet Longings~

2 weeks after everything

“Oppa!” Jessica called.

Heechul looked back and saw Jessica running towards him. “Hey there...” He said.

“Oh…oppa? You okay?” Jessica asked as she stared into her boyfriend. Yes. Boyfriend.

“Yeah…I’m just…tired.” He was standing near the gates of Soshified.

“Huh?” Jessica touched his arm. “Oh my gawd…You’re having a fever…oppa…” She suddenly cupped her palms onto his face.

“Yeh…I’m fine, Sica. Don’t worry about me…”

“No…You’re sick.”

“I’m okay…”

“Oppa…I’m your girlfriend…I have the rights to worry.” Jessica said with slight ice over her tone.

Few meters away Tiffany was walking along the park of Soshified. She came from the library and she saw Jessica and Heechul being sweet and so on… talking together. She sighed and shook her head. She was about to avoid Jessica when suddenly.

“Fany-ah.” Heechul called.

Tiffany snobbishly turned. “Boya??” Her brow raised. HellFany is on.

Heechul signaled Fany to come over.

Tiffany raised her brow the more. What the?? How dare he call me to come over to them… Psshhh…What do they want from me??

“Chul…I don’t think Fany is in a good mood. HellFany is on…” Jessica warned as she saw her best friend in a dark manner.

Tiffany then walked over to them.

Jessica sighed at Heechul. “Aigoo…”

“Tiffany…”

“What??” Tiffany said snobbishly.

“Uhm…I was wondering if you could spend the day with Jessica…”

“Why will I do that?” Tiffany angrily said. “Besides, you two can do that. I’m BUSY with my life…”

“Fany-ah…He’s having a fever…” Jessica said to her.

“I’m skipping today, and I’ll be going home. I was just hoping if you could…you know accompany her.” Heechul said.

Tiffany smiled sarcastically. She gave the couple a sour smile. “Well…There are seven more members besides of me…ask them…”

“Seriously, Tiffany…” Heechul said.

“Fine. Go home.” Tiffany sighed.

Heechul nodded and smiled. He hugged Jessica goodbye and with good timing his car came and he left.

Tiffany glared at Jessica and off she went into the school building. Jessica followed her and caught up with her.

“Ya…didn’t you see he was sick? You don’t need to be rude…”

“Why? Will a fever kill??” Tiffany said angrily. “By the way, I have some things to do…Go and find someone else to be with…If you want run after your boyfriend…” Tiffany snobbed and walked away.

 

~5:00pm, Library…~

Yoona, Sooyoung, Seohyun, and Tiffany were studying at the library. Tiffany wasn’t talking to Jessica ever since she and Heechul became a couple. She became distant and irritated due to some reasons.

“Okay.” Tiffany giggled. “Hmm…Let’s say…if we-“

“Fany-ah…” Sooyoung suddenly said. “This is weird…why are you here with us? I’ve noticed we’ve grown close towards each other for the past few months?”

“Aren’t you happy that we’re close? That we’re getting to know each other more?” Tiffany blurted.

“Yes. I’m happy.” Yoona smiled from ear to ear.

“Meh…Unnie is happy because she and Yuri unnie are okay now…” Seohyun laughed.

“Well…True but I’m happy to know more about Tiffany who used to be quiet. I didn’t know she has this strong personality…” Yoona smiled as she placed her pen down and laced her fingers together.

“But seriously…How are you and Jessica lately? I’ve noticed you two have fallen off?”

Tiffany shook her head. “Let’s not talk about that guys…If you want to know something about that, I ain’t talking. Ask her.” Tiffany sighed.

“Well…” Seohyun started.

“Oh shut it, maknae…If I know you’re still going out with Yonghwa…” Sooyoung laughed.

“OMO…I haven’t met him…Do you mind to introduce him to us?” Tiffany asked.

“I will…Hm…When?” Seohyun asked.

“Wait, why is it that they have men in their lives but you’re not as angry as you are to Jessica than to them?” Sooyoung asked.

Tiffany pursed her lips. “Seriously?? Why are you asking me that question? We’re studying physics…Remember?”

“Aish…you already know the lesson! Don’t change the subject. Come on Tiff…Open up. We’re your friends…” Sooyoung said as she close her book.

“Technically…Taecyeon is just my friend.” Yoona said.

“Friend??” Seohyun laughed. “Well…Yonghwa is also my friend…”

“Pshh…Friend??? Who goes out for movies with just you and a guy? You call that a friend? You call that a DATE, pabo.” Sooyoung corrected.

“If you don’t have any intimate relationship with a guy and you’re not official with him. Technically, you don’t call it something special…” Seohyun said as she placed her index finger over her lip. “But if you have same feelings but nothing official, it’s…unofficially but mutual understanding…”

“Ya…maknae…I don’t like you talking too much to Jessica about love and stuff, oh?” Sooyoung pursed her lips. “You know too much, don’t you…”

“Nope, not just talking with Jessica unnie. But I also watch some drama series…” Seohyun giggled.

“So, tell me…” Yoona smiled. “What’s going on with you and Seungri? You two became close with each other, lately…”

“Aish…Seungri is like my static shock absorber…” Tiffany admitted.

“Static shock absorber??” Her friends echoed.

“No…it’s because he became my counselor haha! He listens to all my problems…”

“Oh…you have seven more members to open up with your problems but you chose him over us…Tsktsk…ouch.” Sooyoung reacted.

Tiffany tilted her head and gave everyone a sour stare. “It’s not something like that. But every one of you is close with Jessica, of course you might tell her what’s bothering me…right?”

“Why would we do that?!” Seohyun reacted. “It’s not our business to interrupt in your deal, but we can tell advices and opinions…”

“We can’t avoid things like that. It’s better off to know nothing than to know something…right?” Tiffany said.

“Okay. But Tiffany, we just want you to know that we’re always here for you okay?” Yoona smiled. Everyone gave Tiffany nods.

“If you’re ready just approach us.” Sooyoung said.

 

~6:30pm~

“Kwon Yuri!” A loud voice shouted. “PRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!”

Yuri stopped and she coughed hard. She got up from the pool and went towards their coach. Her nose redden due to accidental inhale of water.

“What was that?!” Their coach shouted. “What did I say? One two three…air…one two three air…” His voice slowly subsided.

“I’m sorry…I wasn’t aware.”

“Wasn’t aware?! Lately I’ve noticed you’ve been absent minded. Your arms aren’t in the right angle. What happened?? The championship round is coming and I expect you to work harder. You laps are getting weaker than before, you air breathing is getting slow too. Yuri…get back on track. I don’t care about your personal life…but ever since you had new relationships, you’re being pulled down. Your grades began to slip out…Yuri, I expect more of you. You’re one of the runners in our team…I expect more…”

Yuri nodded.

“Everyone, dismiss… practice is over.” The coach said.

Everyone started to buzz, people got out of the pool, and Seohyun went to comfort Yuri.

“It’s okay…” Yuri said. Her eyes getting teary. “I think…coach is right.”

“Unnie. If you need help. We’re here for you. We’re in this together. If you need tutor, we’re always open. Join the milkshake club…” Soehyun smiled.

“Milkshake club?” Yuri asked.

Seohyun nodded. “Yeh…Tomorrow, join us. Haha!”

 

~7:30pm Cafeteria~

“Hi there.” Krystal smiled as she joins her unnies over the table.

“Unnie…we’re having a hard time with…aigo…subjects…” Sulli said as she and Krystal joined her unnies in their usual table.

“Oh…Join the milkshake club!” Seohyun smiled as she clapped her hands together.

“What’s with the milkshake club anyway??” Sunny asked she settled between Taeyeon and Seohyun.

“Well…it’s like a tutoring session but in a café resto just near school and we could grab some milkshake and snacks as we…STUDY!” Yoona interrupted. She placed her tray of salad over the table and sat between Seohyun and Sooyoung.

“Oh…then you call that milkshake club??” Taeyeon asked. “Wow…how…obvious. Haha!”

“Who goes to this milkshake club anyway?” Hyoyeon asked as she pops a grape into .

“Students…Some of our teacher know about it, because we’re making this for a cause. Milkshake club is made by none other than…Seohyun and Yoona. Our tutor sessions won’t be in the library anymore but will be in this Pop Up Café, and half of the money that we will spend there will go straight to charity. So, the owner was happy because it will be a guarantee sale for them! YEY!”

“Ohh….” Krystal and Sulli smiled. “Nice!!”

“And, over the weekends we could go help them like work for a part time job…” Seohyun shared.

“Wow…that’s daebak!” Taeyeon said. “Let’s go then??”

“Yes, we should!” Sunny smiled. “By the way, where are Yuri, Tiffany, and Jessica?”

“Yeah…I haven’t seen my sister for quite some time now…” Krystal said as she blinked her eyes twice.

“Yuri unnie is going on a jog, she’s building her stamina again…Tiffany unnie doesn’t have the appetite to come down and I think she fell asleep in her dorm…then Shika unnie…moolah.” Seohyun thought as she bites into her fork.

“Jessica is at Heechul’s…” Hyoyeon rolled her eyes. Out of irritation she unconsciously and dangerously stabbed her fork over the grilled chicken on her plate. “Her boyfriend is sick…”

Everyone was scared by the way Hyoyeon treated her chicken. “Are you angry, unnie?” Sulli asked.

“No…but they’re official…” Hyoyeon snobbishly pushed her hair behind.

“HUH?!?!” Krystal was shocked. “Since when??”

“MOOLAH…” Everyone answered bitterly.

“No one knows when it happened…” Sooyoung said. “And at first I thought Hyoyeon knows something…”

“I don’t…She sleeps with me…but she didn’t tell me when they became official…and I hate it…”

“Poor Tiffany…” Taeyeon reacted.

“Yeh…I have a feeling it’s the reason why she’s sad, lonely, and depressed. It was always her and Jessica…” Sunny pouted. “But Jessica barely spends her time with Tiffany.”

“Aish!!! That Jessica!!!” Krystal reacted as she balls her fist. “She has a boyfriend and she didn’t tell me?? GOODNESS!! What am I?? To think I’m her little sister. Chongmal. Unbelievable!!”

“Aish…Stal…Shh…” Sulli said as she calms her friend.

“But seriously…I’m irritated and angry. Here’s the thing. She doesn’t spend time with us anymore…” Hyoyeon pouted. “HUHU…She doesn’t know how to balance her time. Plus. When she’s with us, does her boyfriend have to come with her?? Along with us??”

“I know…” Taeyeon second the motion. “Jessica is too much with him…”

“Ahh…that’s one reason why I always tell her I got to go… or I have to do something…” Sooyoung sighed.

“Aish…Moolah…”everyone said.

“You know, I should try to knock her head…” Krystal said as she stands up.

“Where- ya! Baby Jung!” The unnies called. “Where are you going??”

But Krystal has already left leaving baby Sulli behind. “Aigoo…That’s how she is…” Sulli said as she rested her chin over her knuckles.

 

~Jessica POV~

“You don’t have to do this…” Heechul said. He was lying on his bed.

Jessica shot an icy glare. “Aren’t you supposed to feel flatter that I came all the way from school to take care of you besides your mom prepared dinner. You’re lucky that she’s so nice…and you have a mom…”

“I love my mom.” Heechul laughed as he finished his last spoon of porridge.

“GOOD…bcoz I don’t…” Jessica sighed as she took away the bowl. “That’s why one thing I realized…I decided not to become a mom myself…”

Heechul became confused. “Huh?”

“Yes…because like my mom. What if something happens to me? And my kid becomes an orphan or parentless…it pains you know.”

“What if I ask you to marry me?”

“BO??” Jessica was shocked. “Don’t blurt out things that easily…we maybe together now. But we don’t know what’s ahead of us. Now, go to sleep. I still have to go back to school and I don’t ever want to discuss this. Okay? I’m not really into marriage now and I hate hearing it or discussing it further.”

“Okay okay. But stay here tonight…it’s getting late anyway. You can sleep in the guest room.”

“Aigoo…I didn’t sign up tonight. I might get sent to the office.” Jessica sighed and shot an icy glare.

“I’m much particular with your safety than getting yourself sent to the office.” Heechul said with dominance in his voice.

“Wait. I’ll just call my sister about it…” Jessica said. “ahrasso… go to sleep…”

 

Jessica went out of the room, she was still in her uniform by the way and she got surprised as she closed the door behind.

“Oh…Uhm…Imo…good evening.” Jessica bowed to Heechul’s mom.

“Aish…” Heechul’s mom said. She smiled as she took the tray from Jessica. “Jessica right?”

“Yeh.” Jessica said politely.

“Have you eaten dinner? Come.” She said without letting Jessica answer.

The two women went down the spiral staircase that leads to the living room and to the kitchen, it was already eight in the evening and Jessica was nervous around Heechul’s mom. The woman placed the tray by the sink and she grabbed some bowls over the drawers. Jessica couldn’t help but fidget in her seat by the kitchen counter.

“Imo…Maybe I should help you.” Jessica finally said.

“Aish…Ahnee…” The woman answered. “Call me, Sylvia omma…” She said lightly and warmly.

Jessica smiled. She felt embarrassed though. “I really feel embarrass and slightly nervous.” Jessica said honestly. Jessica is a frank type of a person though.

Sylvia smiled. “It’s a good thing I really bought some food tonight. I didn’t expect you coming tonight. Forgive me.” She giggled. “You know, I wasn’t surprised that you’ll be my son’s girlfriend.”

“Jinjjayo?” Jessica was surprised.

“Yeh…You’re my son’s first girlfriend…and before he usually tells me about you. He told me when he first saw you, first met you, first talked to you. I never saw him this happy before.” The woman said warmly. “I had hopes to see you as soon as I can, and here you are. I’m happy.” Sylvia gave Jessica a bowl of hot ramyun. “You exceeded my expectations. You’re prettier than I thought you would look.” Sylvia omma giggled heartily.

Jessica smiled. “Kahmsamnida…”

“I hope you take care of my son…”

“I will…” Jessica smiled.

“Will you be staying tonight? You can use the guest room. I have extra clothes, though you’re too small to fit in but I can lend you…Tomorrow, I’ll just drive you to school.”

“Kahmsamnida omma…I mean Sylvia omma…” Jessica said.

The woman just smiled. “Let’s eat…so tell me about yourself…”

 

~8:45pm, Jungli Dorm~

*Riiing riiing….* Riiinngg….Riiing*

“Stal…Maybe you should calm down.” Sulli said.

“NO. my sister…”

*RINNNG RIIIIIINNGGG*

“PICK UP STUPID…” Krystal shouted over the phone.

*RINNGGG RIINNNGG*

……

*RINNGGG RIIIIIINGGG*

……

“ERGH!!!” Krystal grunted. “Tomorrow she’s so dead meat to me!!”

 

~Milkshake Club at Pop Up Charity Café (the next day)~

“Welcome to Pop Up!” Seohyun greeted her friends as reached the Pop Up Charity Café. The café was quite big, it was classy, full of glass walls and windows, the walls were colored in cream white, the floor and seats were composed of rosewoods, it has a second floor, the tables and chairs were arranged nicely and it was a cozy café, good for students and tutorial sessions. Keke! The café wasn’t as grand as Starbucks but it has a creative aura wherein nature was the theme of the restaurant.

“Let’s goo!!” Yoona excitingly said.

The girls thrillingly went up to the second floor and find a table.

“Sulli and Krystal are on their way.” Yuri said as she looked into her phone.

Taeyeon nodded. “So, who are the people we are waiting?”

“Uhm…Krystal, Sulli, Taecyeon-“

“De??” Sunny asked. “Taecyeon??”

Everyone smiled except for Yuri. “EHEM!! EHEM!!! Taec-ehem…Yeon…” Everyone teased.

Yuri didn’t know why, though yes she has a boyfriend but why is it that when she hears Yoona being linked to Taecyeon, she has this pricking sensation happening in her chest especially her heart. She feels pain and it was like she was being tortured. She knows that she will be happy in her love life, she believes that she will learn to love Wooyoung…But when?

“AHRASSO!!!” Yoona said seriously. “HUSH!! Then…Wooyoung…”

Yuri was shocked. “Bo?? Wooyoung??”

“Yeh…why??” Yoona asked.

“You invited him??” Yuri asked. She was shocked and there was a slight irritation in her voice.

“Yeh…we did…” Sooyoung answered.

“Aish…I- can’t…” Yuri pursed her lips.

“He’s one of our tutors…” Seohyun added.

“WHAT?!” Yuri stood up. “I…I can’t do this…” She said as she grabbed her bag.

“Why??” Everyone echoed. “Are you two fighting??”

Yuri shook her head. “No…But…ergggghhhhh…” She didn’t say anything anymore. She turned and Wooyoung was standing behind her along with Taecyeon. Yuri pushed both men to move out from her way. Hyoyeon, Tiffany, and Yoona stood up. The men were surprised and they were puzzled.

“What just happened?” Wooyoung and Taecyeon asked in unison.

“I’ll go talk to her…” Hyoyeon volunteered.

“I’ll come with you…” Yoona said.

 

Yuri tugged her bag and she started to walk swiftly, she decided to go home this time.

“Yuri!” A couple of familiar voice said.

Yuri didn’t turn. She continued walking. She didn’t looked where she was going and she wasn’t paying attention to the stoplight.

“YURI!!!” Hyoyeon and Yoona shouted.

Yuri was about to cross the road when suddenly a car immediately stopped. Yuri was inches of being hit by an SUV luckily Yoona and Hyoyeon was in time to pull her back to the pedestrian lane.

“JINJJA!!!” Yoona scolded. She shouted. “WHAT IF YOU GOT HIT BY THAT CAR HUH?!?!?!”

Yuri was shocked. Her eyes were getting teary from the trauma she just had.

Hyoyeon didn’t add to the anger that Yoona was putting. She quietly hugged Yuri instead. “Gwanchana?” Hyoyeon asked lightly.

“TSK!!” Yoona reacted. “YOU GOT US SCARED AND WORRIED…KWON YURI…YOU’RE NO LONGER A BABY..O??”

Yuri was now about to cry.

“Aish…” Hyoyeon cut Yoona out.

“WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU SERIOUSLY??”

“OH MY GAWD…” Hyoyeon reacted as she hugs Yuri. She pointed behind Yoona.

Yoona and Yuri diverted their attention to another couple of girls who were outside the café.

 

*SLAP*

“AW!”

“YOU!” The young girl said. “TO THINK YOU’RE THE UNNIE?? ARE YOU EVEN WORTHY TO BE CALLED UNNIE?? HUH??”

Jessica was touching her sore cheek that was vigorously slapped by her sister.

“YA! I’VE BEEN CALLING YOU AND YOU NEVER RETURNED MY CALLS!” Krystal shouted. “AND YOU CALL YOURSELF AN UNNIE??? JINJJA???”

Jessica was speechless. She was on the ground still touching her reddened cheek.

“Oh my goodness…” Taeyeon came to the picture along with the other girls. “Stop stop stop…”

Tiffany suddenly came out, she immediately went to Krystal’s side and calmed the baby Jung down. Sulli didn’t know what to do and she was just being dragged away by Sooyoung to another side.

“Let them interrupt…” Sooyoung cooed to Sulli. She held the shaking hands of the girl.

Sulli just nodded but she was still shocked and worried of the Jung Sisters.

 

Taeyeon and Sunny helped Jessica up while Seohyun and Tiffany stopped Krystal from hitting and shouting over her sister.

“I HATE YOU! I WISH YOU WERE NOT MY SISTER!!!” Krystal shouted angrily.

“SHHH!!!” Tiffany and Seohyun stopped Krystal. Both of them dragged the baby Jung away. “SHH!!!” Tiffany cupped the angry face of Krystal. “Calm down…”

Jessica was so hurt with Krystal’s words, add the fact that Tiffany went to Krystal’s side and not on hers. She was so hurt that she decided to struggle free from Sunny and Taeyeon’s touches. She ran away still holding her redden cheek.

“Jess…” It was the only words that Taeyeon could mumble.

Hyoyeon, Yuri, and Yoona were speechless. Jessica passed by them and all they could do was watching her run away.

“Sica…” Hyoyeon whispered to herself.

“Krystal…She’s still your sister no matter what…” Sunny said. She sounded like a mom reprimanding a child.

Krystal was already crying. “I don’t care…she doesn’t deserve to be called unnie…UNNIE??? Psshh…Where can you find an unnie who doesn’t think about her baby sister?? Where do you see an unnie who never told her sister she had a boyfriend?? What kind of unnie who is in need by her baby sister but where is she?? THERE!! With her boyfriend…Gawd!! Do you think that’s an unnie?? Do you think that’s how an unnie should be like??...”

Everyone was quiet…

“I’m in need of someone the past few days…Only Sulli was beside me…I need an unnie!!!” Krystal began to throw tantrums. “I need an unnie to tell her how school subjects burden me…I need an unnie to hug me after a tiring day…I need an unnie to care for me…We lost both our parents and now I’m losing her?? WHERE IS OHANA?!?!?!?!?!!?” Krystal began to cry like a baby.

Tiffany who was looking at her while she throws tantrums suddenly hugged her. “Awe….” Seohyun swiftly joined the hug; she back hugged Tiffany and outstretched her arms around Krystal. Tiffany signaled all of the unnies to come closer.

“You’re not alone…” Tiffany said. “I lost my mom…I live with my grandmother…no sister…no father…but here I am…with these loving people who became my siblings…Now now…” Tiffany hugged Krystal tighter. “Don’t cry…”

Seohyun hugged both Tiffany and Krystal tighter as well, she leaned her head against Tiffany’s.

“Yeh…we’re here…” Sooyoung said who rubbed Krystal’s back for comfort.

Hands started to pat Krystal’s back and everyone was in total support of her. “You see?? You have eight more unnies…you have Sulli as your other half…You’re much loved…” Hyoyeon cooed.

“You’re okay…you’re okay…” Sunny said as she rubs Krystal’s back for comfort too.

Krystal pulled away from Tiffany’s arms.

“Here…” Yoona said as she wipes Krystal’s tears away. “Awe… don’t cry now…”

Sulli suddenly went to Yuri’s side. She hugged her cousin Yuri who also hugged her in return. “Both of you are much loved.” Yuri said as she kissed Sulli’s forehead. “Much love…”

“But still…Krystal…We maybe your unnies but…Jessica is still your sister by blood. I think you need to apologize for slapping her…She’s older than you. You shouldn’t have slapped her…” Yoona said.

“Even out of anger…” Yuri continued.

Krystal sighed. “I’m not talking to her…”

 

~Yuri’s house 7:00pm~

“Yoona…” Yuri said. The younger girl was ready to go back to their school after walking her unnie home. They were outside Yuri’s house and Yoona was ready to take a cab back to Soshified.

Yoona wasn’t really talking to Yuri. She was still upset about earlier and she didn’t quite get what’s bothering Yuri. She really doesn’t want to talk to Yuri or even have contact with her because it just makes her suffer. She was also moving on but due to some reason she couldn’t. Yuri was simply holding her back.

“Yuri…we-“ But before Yoona could speak, Yuri suddenly hugged her.

“Yoona…don’t go…please…”

“Unnie…I should go back to school…” Yoona said. She didn’t return Yuri’s hug and she just stood there like a statue.

“Please…stay with me tonight…” Yuri said. “Just tonight…then I’m okay…”

“Unnie…I…” Yoona didn’t know what to say. “Okay…tonight…then it’s over…” Yoona sighed.

Yuri broke off the hug and nodded to Yoona.

 

~8:30pm, Yuri’s room~

Yuri and Yoona entered a cream colored room. It was a simple room, not too fancy not too grand, and it was just simple. A bed that could fit two people, a pink colored study table, pink lampshade, blue colored cabinet, a small bathroom, and rugged floor. Beside the bed was a huge window and outside you could see the dark sky and the twinkling stars up above the clouds.

“Where’s your parents?” Yoona asked as she sat quietly over Yuri’s green colored bed.

“My parents are deciding to…divorce.” Yuri shared as she took out a couple of clothes.

“What??” Yoona was surprised.

“My mom…is having an affair with someone else…my dad works abroad right? So…The house is usually empty…” Yuri finally said.

“Is this what is bothering you? Why you’ve been slipping out of your grades?”

Yuri became quiet as she tossed Yoona a pair of pajamas.

 “I’m so sorry…If only I knew…” Yoona blurted.

“Don’t leave me Yoona…Everyone’s leaving me…”

“Yuri…you’re so unfair…” Yoona said as she looked over the white rugged floor.

“Why do I feel this way?” Yuri finally said. “You’re the one whose unfair…I’m trying to move on…but why can’t I??”

“Because you won’t let go of me…If you just set me free…”

“I can’t…”

“Why????”

……