Chapter07: Dark Chocolates are Bitter Sweet

Cotton Candy Cafe, A Chocolate Love Series(HIATUS)

= Dark Chocolates are Bitter Sweet=

 

~Taeyeon~

*7:00pm*

*click*

Taeyeon just got home to their apartment that was a bus ride away from the café. “Oh…it’s seven…I have to prepare dinner…” She took off her shoes and slipped on her fluffy dog slippers. She noticed no one was home yet and so she went to her shared room with Sunny and placed her bag above a chair. “Aigoo…” Boxes were almost everywhere.

Suddenly the door opened gently. It was Sunny. “Oh… You’re back so soon…” Both of them were still cold with each other.

Taeyeon nodded. “Have you eaten?”

Sunny shook her head. “Are you done packing?”

“No…You?”

“No…”

“Okay…I’ll make dinner…” Taeyeon said. She took her phone and went out of their room.

Sunny sigh. She threw her bag over their bed and rolled her eyes. She felt bitter and irritated.

 

*Hello?? Deym… Pick up the phone ya?? Helloo??? Oh…meori apa!*

Taeyeon’s phone rang as she walked over to their kitchen. “Yabuseo?” she answered.

“Taeyeon-ah!”

“Oh? Jessica.” Taeyeon answered.

“What are you guys doing now?”

“Oh, I’m about to cook rice while Sunny, she just got home.” Taeyeon said as she started cleaning the rice.

“Oh… Are you two okay now?”

“I don’t think so… We haven’t talked for the past how many days already…”

“Aiyo…Yet you two are in the same room…”

“It’s okay, don’t mind it that much.”

“Oh, are you guys done packing?”

“Ah-nee… There’s so much to pack and I think the others are not done with their stuff.” Taeyeon poured out the water and replaced it with a clean one. Finally she was done. She adjusted the rice cooker and set it for cooking.

“I see, but just to let you know we’re done fixing the rooms here so by tomorrow you can actually bring your things in little by little.”

“Wow!” Taeyeon said as she opens the fridge. “That sounds great! I’m so excited… Finally we’ll be one roof…oh gosh.”

“Ya, don’t cook anymore. Seohyun texted, she bought food already.” Sunny said from the kitchen’s doorway.

“Oh…ahraso.” I said. “uhm, Jessica, I’ll just call you again later okay?”

“Okay okay! Goodnight!! Call me anytime okay?”

“Okay okay.” Taeyeon smiled. Just as Jessica hanged up, she went to their living room to find Sunny who was slipping her shoes on. “Where are you going?”

“Convenient store.”

Taeyeon nodded.

“Do you want anything?”

Taeyeon shook her head. “Oh…Uhm… Dark Chocolate…”

“Ahraso…” Sunny said as she left. She left without a word to say.

Taeyeon grunted. “Jinjja…Ergghh!!!” She went to their shared room. To let her anger subside, she just packed her things for the big move out.

 

~Yuri~

*7:45pm*

“Ya! Kwon Yuri!” A guy said. He followed Yuri who seemed to ignore him.

Yuri stopped. She was irritated and angry. She held tightly on the handle of her Marc Jacob’s bag as she stood outside of the apartment where she lives.

“Happy anniversary…” Wooyoung greeted. He gave Yuri a dark chocolate that was wrapped in a red ribbon.

Suddenly Yuri’s eyes popped wide open. Shocks… She thought. She shut her eyes and sighed.

“Why?” Wooyoung asked. “Don’t you like it? You used to love it…”

“No, it’s not that…I…” Yuri stuttered as she accepts the dark chocolate gift.

“What?”

“I’m sorry…But… I forgot…” Yuri said. Well, yes it was true. Yuri forgot that it was their anniversary.

“Oh…” Wooyoung said. He became speechless and somewhat pain came across his face. “Uhm…It’s okay. It doesn’t matter. I know you’re tired and you probably just forgot because you were working hard today. I understand…”

“No…” Yuri said.

“No, seriously, it’s okay hun…I understand completely.” Wooyoung was about to hug Yuri but Yuri resisted.

“NO! STOP!” Yuri said angrily and her tone was slightly irritated. “JUST STOP!”

“Why?? What is wrong? Honestly…I have been calling you… texting you… But you never answered any of it. I didn’t mind because I know you’re busy. I gave you space and all I did was understand you…” Wooyoung said. “I thought we are okay…But are we still okay?”

Yuri shut her eyes and let out a huge sigh. Her eyes were becoming red and tears were bursting out.

“You’ve been telling me we’re okay but it doesn’t feel okay. You’ve been telling the same reason over and over…I am tired. I gave you space and time and it’s been a month and how many days now? But what is really going on?”

Yuri started to feel guilty and sorry. It wasn’t her intention to hurt him this way. Things just have changed for the past months and it was so fast, and by means of change, even her feelings went along too. “Oppa…”

“Just tell it to me straight…” He finally said.

“Oppa…” Tears swarmed around the edges of Yuri’s eyes. “Don’t say such thing…”

Wooyoung sighed as he fought off his tears. “Am I still important to you?...”

Yuri couldn’t say anything, all she could do was wipe away her tears.

“Just as I thought… No answer again…” Wooyoung suddenly turned and just as he turned Yuri leaned her head against his back. “Miahne...” She sobbed. “Miahne…oppa…”

Wooyoung’s tears rolled down to his cheeks. He sighed once more and finally he walked away. “Ahraso… But if you want to end this…I’m willing to set you free if that’s what makes you happy…” He said in his lowest tone. He went off without even looking back.

Yuri cried. She just watched Wooyoung walk away. Both of them were in pain and Yuri doesn’t know what to do. She felt confuse, down, and it was as if her emotions were mixed and she couldn’t explain it anymore.

“Oh? Unnie??”

Yuri turned. “Hi, baby…” She said to Seohyun who just got home.

“Unnie, are you okay? What happened? Why are you crying??” Seohyun cupped Yuri’s cheek. “Oh… unnie… why….” She hugged Yuri tight which made Yuri burst into a sob. Then she wiped away Yuri’s tears with her palms.

“I’m okay… I’m okay.” Yuri said. She forcefully smiled but it didn’t do the trick.

“Ah-nee… You’re not… Do you want to walk for a minute? Grab some fresh air?”

Yuri nodded. “That’s a good idea…”

“I’ll go with you.” Seohyun said.

“Can I go alone?” Yuri asked.

“Unnie… its night already…I can’t let you go alone…”

“Awe…baby, I’ll be fine… Okay?” Yuri assured. “I’ll just walk a couple of minutes or so, and then I’ll be home.”

“Jinjjayo?” Seohyun asked worriedly.  “Are you sure you want to go alone?”

Yuri nodded. “Promise, I’ll be back in 5.”

“Ahraso…  Five minutes okay?” Seohyun said.

“Yeh…” Yuri kissed Seohyun in the forehead while Seohyun kissed her in the cheek. “Go now. Your Tiffany, Sunny, and Taeyeon unnies are maybe upstairs waiting already.”

Seohyun disappeared to the door…

 

~Sunny~

7:10

Sunny who was wearing a pair of pink denim shorts, black shirt, and a pair of slip on sandals was walking her way to the convenient store that was two blocks away from their apartment. Just as she was about to cross the street, she felt something dropped on the crown of her head. Then another drop onto her skin and suddenly droplets of rain poured out.

“Oh gosh…” She quickly walked to a shed. She brushed away the droplets of water in her arms and hair. She was now slightly damp. “Aigoo… why now…” She sat down over the stainless steel benches and waited for the rain to subside.

Just as she was waiting, a bus came, it stopped and people came rushing down. Sunny sighed.

She waited for the people to disperse and just as the bus left, a silver car unexpectedly passed by and it stopped in front of her.

Sunny became puzzled. The window from the front seat rolled down and she was extremely surprised the moment she saw who it was. “Sunny??” A voice said.

“Kangin?” Sunny stood up immediately and felt embarrassed, she wasn’t prepared (especially the way she looks) and it was definitely a wrong timing.

 “Hop in quick…it’s raining hard.”

Sunny silently rode the car. She fastened her seatbelt and she couldn’t say a word. “Are you okay? Are you cold?” Kangin took off his coat and wrapped it around Sunny.

“Thank you… Yes. I’m fine.” Sunny answered.

“What were you doing over the shed?”

“I was on my way to the grocery store until the rain poured…”

“Oh…Then let’s go do your groceries. Can I offer you a ride home?” Kangin asked.

Sunny was having second thoughts. “Uhm…If it’s not raining, I’ll just walk.”

Kangin smiled and nodded. “Let’s go then…”

 

~Taeyeon~

9:00

“Unnie…I’m so worried…” Seohyun said. “I shouldn’t have let her go alone… She said she’ll just take a walk for five minutes… but it’s been an hour or so and-”

“Shhh..Calm down calm down…” Tiffany said. She hugged Seohyun who was being paranoid. “She’ll be fine…She’ll be okay.”

“No… I’ve been calling her like minutes ago, she’s not answering and now she can’t be reached…”

Taeyeon has been dialing her cellphone for how many times now but suddenly gave up. “She can’t be reached… seriously…”

Seohyun became so emotional now, she didn’t know what to do and she’s blaming herself for leaving Yuri to walk alone.

Taeyeon flipped the cover of her S4 and dialed another number.

“Yabuseo??” A voice answered from another line.

“Jessica, where are you?”

“I’m at home. Why?”

“Is Yuri there with you?”

“Uhm… No… Why? Is there something going on?”

“Uhm…Is Yoona home?”

“No, she went out with Sooyoung. They went down to the grocery store. Why?”

“Seohyun said she saw her crying an hour ago outside our apartment, and then Yuri said she’ll just go for a walk, but it’s been an hour and she’s not home yet…”

“Bo? Why? What happened to her?? Uhm…Have you called her? It’s even raining hard…”

“We don’t know why she cried and we couldn’t reach her. Her phone is out of reach.”

“Omo… Uhm… I’ll call Sooyoung and Yoona and tell them about Yuri. I’ll call you back as soon as possible.”

“Okay. Thanks Sica.” Taeyeon hanged up. She’s trying to call Sunny but Sunny’s phone was off as well. “Ergh!!” Taeyeon grunted. “Wait guys, I’ll be back.”

“Taeyeon! Where are you going??” Tiffany asked. She was still hugging Seohyun and calming her down.

Taeyeon ran down the stairs of their apartment, she was about to go to the grocery store where they usually shop to look for Sunny but just as she reached their gates, she stopped.

A silver car came and it became stationary in front of her. She recognized whose car it was. She was puzzled at first because why would he come to their apartment in this time of the day. Taeyeon stood still under the rain with a transparent umbrella in her hand.

And then…

Sunny came down, and seconds after Kangin followed. They went to the back compartment to get the groceries that Sunny made.

Taeyeon sighed and rolled her eyes.

Sunny quickly grabbed the shopping bags. “Kahmsameeda… I’ll just see you soon.” She said to Kangin. “It’s raining, go back inside your car. It’s quite late already too.”

Kangin nodded. “Goodnight. I’ll just text you, see you soon.”

Sunny nodded and smiled. She quickly ran towards Taeyeon who met her half the way. Kangin bid his goodbyes and goodnights to the girls, and then both Sunny and Taeyeon just watched him go.

Just as Kangin left, Taeyeon stared at Sunny angrily. “Ya! What time is it now?? Does it take you an hour or so to get your groceries done?! You usually spend only thirty minutes to do it. Or you two just went on and so?!”

Sunny narrowed her eyes. “Unbelievable Kim Taeyeon!! I’m sorry. I just bumped into him tonight. Besides, Why? What’s wrong? Is it a crime to get my groceries done with him??”

Taeyeon couldn’t answer. It’s not a crime… But I’m totally jealous! “Ergh!!! And just so you know, Kwon Yuri is missing for almost an hour or so!!”

The two of them went back up to their apartment unit.

“Ya! Talk to me!!” Sunny shouted.

Taeyeon wasn’t speaking again and she went straight to their shared room.

Sunny placed the grocery bags by the kitchen then she followed Taeyeon to their room. “Ya!” She shouted.

Tiffany and Seohyun were both shocked, they were surprised and speechless. It was the first time they saw Taeyeon and Sunny fight this way.

“You know what, fine! If you won’t talk to me then fine.” Sunny grabbed her pillow and blanket. “I’ll sleep outside!” Sunny shouted.

“Unnie…” Seohyun said, her tears started to form around her eyes. “Don’t fight…”

“Ya…” Tiffany said, she was standing in doorway of Taeyeon and Sunny’s shared room. “The two of you...This isn’t the right time to fight…Yuri is still missing, we should be together helping each other not fight off against each other…Come on…”

Seohyun went to calm Sunny down who sat on their couch.

“Taeyeon ah…” Tiffany said. She walked towards Taeyeon who was crying. “Ya… stop crying now…”

Taeyeon couldn’t help it. She doesn’t even know why she was crying. “I don’t know why I’m crying… I honestly feel that I’m not a good unnie. I wasn’t able to look after all of you.”

“Tsk! What are you saying??” Tiffany suddenly hugged her. “That’s not true…Don’t say such thing… If it wasn’t for you we won’t be here. Remember during high school? During our dorm days? We dreamed of this and you were the one who always make us remember this dream of ours, to live in one house, to have a café, and to face life together…since we are far away from our real families. Now we are living our dream. You’ve been a good unnie because you took care of us, and with your unending love from six of us we became nine.”

Taeyeon sobbed. She couldn’t help herself from crying.

“Don’t cry now… Yuri will be back…Maybe she just went off somewhere, okay?”

 

~Yoona~

9:00

“Let’s park here…” Sooyoung said. She stopped in front of a perfume shop that was already closed. Sooyoung unlocked Yoona’s seatbelt and she left her bag inside the car. She only took her wallet and her phone with her.

Then Sooyoung as she got down, she pushed the button of the machine that was standing by the sidewalk. It was for the parking fee to be paid when one is about to leave.

“Unnie… the night is so cold…” Yoona said to Sooyoung while she hugged herself.

The streets were quiet not much vehicles passed by. Yoona held on to Sooyoung’s right arm and they walked together. “Unnie, we should hurry to the groceries it’s so cold.”

*Riiiing!!! Yabuseo? Yabuseo? Yabuseo?? Helloo?! Damn…Pick up the-*

“Yabuseo?” Sooyoung answered.

 “Sooyoung-ah, is Yuri with you??”

“Ah-neeyo, why??”

“Oh… She’s been missing for more than an hour already according to Taeyeon…”

“Bo?? Why? Where is she??”

“I don’t know…Tsk! Since you’re outside, look an eye out maybe you’d find her or bump into her.”

“Ahraso… Have you called her?”

“Her phone can’t be reached.”

“Aigoo… Ahraso ahraso… we’ll be quick then we’ll be home as soon as possible.”

“Okay that sounds better. Hyoyeon and I are on our way to their place.”

“Oh. Are you taking the other car?”

“Yeh…But don’t follow us anymore coz there maybe chances that Yuri would go to our place.”

“Ahraso…Take care okay? Call me as soon as you get there. We’ll be fast…” Sooyoung hanged up.

“Why??” Yoona asked.

“Yuri…she’s not home yet according to Taeyeon…”

“Huh?? But she left as early as six thirty? Where could she possibly be??” Yoona became worried. “Unnie…” Yoona started to dial using her phone.

*The number you dial is not accessible at the moment please try your call later… the number you dial-* Yoona flipped the cover of her S4 back.

“It’s no use…” Sooyoung said.

“Unnie… we should find her…”

“Where?? Seoul is very big…”

“I don’t know but we must look for her!!”

“Ya… Calm down… She’ll be okay. Let’s calm ourselves and gather our thoughts…” Sooyoung said.

“Unnie…” Yoona said worriedly. She was definitely scared, anxious, and she didn’t know what to do. “What if something happens to her??”

 

So where did Kwon Yuri go?

 

 

~Taeyeon~

10pm

Still no call and news to where Kwon Yuri was, but the good news is it stopped raining. Taeyeon, she was actually outside. Since they live in the pent house, Taeyeon’s favorite place was the roof. She would usually sit outside beside her window and glance up the stars in the sky. But tonight there wasn’t any stars but the sky was mushy.

This is how Kim Taeyeon clears up her mind. She would just sit outside and think things over.

*sigh…*

Was I a bad unnie? I feel like I didn’t do my all as a good unnie… Taeyeon opened the flip cover of her S4 and she dialed Yuri’s number once more.

*The number you dial is not accessible at the moment please try your call later… the number you dial-*

*sigh* Where are you… I’m so worried… Should I call the cops?? Or what… Taeyeon leaned her head against her knees. She was done crying for the night. No more tears would come out, and she felt helpless and she doesn’t know what to do.

Just as she raised her head again to look up to the sky, she noticed beside her by the window there was something. She scooted a little and reached for it. Just as she got it, it made her smile.

“Miahne…” The note said. It was attached to the dark chocolate bar that Taeyeon asked for earlier.

Taeyeon crawled back into her shared room with Sunny. But Sunny wasn’t inside, instead she found Tiffany and Seohyun sleeping in their bed. They must have fallen asleep already. She noticed Tiffany and Seohyun fell asleep while they held on to their phones. Awe… Taeyeon walked over to her cabinet, she took out a blanket.

“Sleep tight…” She said as she covered her sleeping dongsengs. She stared at them and finally kissed them in their foreheads. “Goodnight… I love you both…”

She quietly went out to their living room, but she didn’t see Sunny so she went to Tiffany, Seohyun, and Yuri’s shared room. But there she just found Jessica and Hyoyeon sleeping tightly. “Oh… I almost forgot they were here…” Taeyeon went in.

“Oh…” Hyoyeon suddenly got up, she was half awake and her eyes were half open. “Is Yuri home?” She asked. Her voice sounded husky.

“Ah-nee… shh… go back to sleep.” Taeyeon said as she fixed their blanket. She tucked Hyoyeon and Jessica. “Night…” She said to Hyoyeon who went back to sleep. She kissed both of their foreheads and went out to look for Sunny.

Oh… She thought to herself. She didn’t notice Sunny was sleeping by the couch. She was lying in her arms in a cat like ball position. There was no pillow or blanket. So Taeyeon went back to her room to get extra pillows, blankets, and a small cushion inside her cabinet.

She walked back to the living room again. She gently laid the small cushion by the floor near the couch where Sunny was sleeping. Then she lifted Sunny’s head and slipped the pillow under. “Goodnight…” She said as she kissed Sunny’s forehead. Then she covered and tucked Sunny with the blanket.

Finally she settled herself down and covered herself with the blanket. She placed the dark chocolate bar beside the cushion near her phone but she wasn’t asleep yet, she couldn’t sleep. She’s still worrying for Yuri. Sooyoung and Yoona haven’t texted if they found Yuri, and by that it made Taeyeon worry the more.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More to come for the next chapter :)
Kahmsameeda for reading! :D
I'll do my best, hwaiting!