Chapter15: Pop Rocks Candy, The Season01 Finale

Cotton Candy Cafe, A Chocolate Love Series(HIATUS)

Pop Rocks

Let’s pop some revelations, shall we?

 

~Cotton Candy Café, Kitchen~

8:30pm, Sunday (Same date)

“I can’t believe it…” Jessica kept on saying as she prepares the kitchen for tomorrow. “I can’t believe those kids would… you…know…”

“Aiyo… Sica…they’ve explained well right??” Tiffany said as she passed by Jessica and placed the last grocery into the food walker. “Besides… remember our High School days? We were even worse…”

“Yeah… But they don’t need to go through what he had gone through…we need to get a bigger place…” Jessica said.

“How about the café??” Tiffany asked. “Pabo… renovation is okay.”

“OH!!” Jessica exclaimed. “And it’s cheaper right?? We’ll make another floor just above. You’re such a genius!!!”

Tiffany nodded. “And we’ll have a room of our own.”

Jessica looked at her. “Who said that I’ll be rooming with you???”

“Well… Yuri will surely be with Yoona, Taeyeon and Sunny as usual, Seohyun Hyoyeon and Sooyoung, and it’s just you and me…” Tiffany said dreamily.

Jessica rolled her eyes. “Ergh…What if I’ll be rooming with Krystal??” Jessica teased.

Tiffany frowned. “Leaving Sulli?? Ah…. I don’t think those two would want to separate… never mind Sica if you don’t want…”

“Ya! I was just joking!” Jessica said. “Why would I want to be separated with my energy pill?”

“Energy pill….Huh??” Tiffany frowned again. “Ahrasoo… keep on teasing me you’ll-“Just as Tiffany and Jessica came out of the kitchen, they saw someone standing outside of their restaurant.

“Hun… isn’t that Yuri’s…boyfriend??” Tiffany asked.

“Yeah… should we go and call her? Maybe-“

Both of them suddenly paused the moment they saw a girl came, she was wearing a baby blue dress with a white thick jacket. “Oh… she’s there…” Tiffany pointed.

 

“Hey…” Yuri said as she came face to face with her boyfriend. “Walk with me?”

Wooyoung nodded. “How are you lately?” Wooyoung asked. Together they walked to the nearing streets and stopped to the nearest bench they could see.

Yuri just nodded and smiled. “I’m… okay.” She said.

“So… why did you call me?”

“I want to say something…” Yuri said. Together they sat on a bench. The street wasn’t really quiet and in fact there were vehicles passing by. “Uhm… I want to apologize for everything I did… my life wouldn’t be complete if you never came… remember high school?? We had lots of fun back then along with our other friends to the point we are being called to the office…” Yuri smiled. “You mean a lot to me really… but I guess we shouldn’t have started this relationship in the first place.” She finally started.

“Is that why you called me?” He asked.

“Miahne…” Yuri said sincerely.

Wooyoung didn’t say a word. He just listened.

“It wasn’t you who had the problem.” Yuri said. “It was me…”

“Classic line…” Wooyoung smiled.

“Ya… take me seriously…” Yuri said. “I’m not kidding…”

“I know.” Wooyoung smiled again.

“How come you can smile when I talk to you like this?!” Yuri stood up. “Ya!! Tsk! You’re always kidding around when we have problems like this and-“

Wooyoung stood up as well. “I just take it lightly… I don’t want to burden myself anymore for you. I had enough pain… I’ve sacrificed a lot because I love you… but when I realized this isn’t okay anymore… I accepted the fact that you don’t see me the way you saw me before. Don’t you really love me anymore?” He asked as he held onto Yuri’s hands. “Just tell it to me straight and I will stop…”

Yuri couldn’t answer right away. She doesn’t feel anything for him anymore but she doesn’t want to lose him in her life, but again she needs to answer. “Honestly… no…”

“What no?”

“I…” Yuri stuttered. “I don’t…” Yuri couldn’t say it straightly.

Wooyoung sighed. Just as he suspected.

“But I don’t want to lose you… I want you to still be part of my life as a friend… a best friend? I don’t want to waste those happy memories I had with you…” Yuri is a type of person who doesn’t want to lose anyone, simply because she had enough losing her family, her mom and her dad. She hates the feeling of being walked away and left behind.

Wooyoung didn’t say a word… still.

“Do you feel anything??” Yuri asked as she holds Wooyoung’s hand. “It’s different… it’s not the way we used to feel…”

Wooyoung was still quiet.

“This is frustrating… you’re not responding…” Yuri said hysterically. Suddenly she snapped, she leaned forward, she cupped Wooyoung’s face with both of her palms and gently she pressed her lips against his. This is how she usually does it for him but Wooyoung was shocked. He felt something was off from the kiss so he immediately broke away. Both of them felt the same way. There was something odd from the way they kissed and it was different from the first time that did it a year ago.

Wooyoung was fighting for his tears now.

“Miahne oppa… miahne…” It was what Yuri could only say. “I was the wrong person… I shouldn’t have said yes before… if only I knew this would happen…” Yuri never thought this would ever happen. She thought that if ever she had a boyfriend and Yoona would go for Taecyeon, both of them would lose their feelings for each other. But they were wrong and instead, it just made it worst.

Wooyoung was still quiet.

“I’ve not been a good girlfriend to you… and I hope someday or sometime soon you’d find the right girl… the right girl that would fit your embrace and would fit your hand whenever you hold hers. I hope you forgive me oppa…”

Wooyoung nodded and tears were falling from his face. Yuri was the girl who fit his embrace and his hands but now she didn’t fit anymore. “I wanted to tell you this for the last time…Thank you for making me happy and giving me a wonderful relationship with you… even though at times I can’t understand you and it feels like you don’t want me but you’re keeping me… but maybe you’re right… We are not meant for each other and I hope the person holding your heart right now will take care of you.” Wooyoung said.

Yuri smiled. “Thank you for understanding…”

“Scars will heal… in time…” Wooyoung said. “But for now…maybe I should find myself again before I start to love someone.”

“Can I ask you something?” Yuri said.

“Anything…”

“Walk me home… for the last time…and then it’s over… I’m setting you free and I’m contented...”

Wooyoung nodded, he held out his hand. Yuri took his hand for the last time.

Quietly they walked together hand in hand as they go back to the Cotton Candy Café and for the last time Wooyoung looked at Yuri in the eyes just like how he did years ago during their High School days. “Take care now…” Wooyoung pressed his lips against Yuri’s forehead.

“Miahne oppa…” Yuri suddenly hugged him. “Miahne…”

“It’s not your fault…It’s how life rolls…” Wooyoung even joked.

“I’ll miss you…” Yuri finally said before she broke away from the hug.

“Always remember… You can always call me… I hope we become good friends…” Wooyoung said.

Yuri just smiled. But she couldn’t help her tears.

Coincidentally Jessica and Tiffany were talking by the balcony. “Sica… What if the others find out about us?” Tiffany asked.

“You know… The first people who will understand us are the trooper twins…” Sica said.

Tiffany sighed. “I don’t know what’s right and wrong anymore…” She said. It made Jessica speechless too.

“Omo…. Our Yuri…” Tiffany said as she looked down. “Is she alright??”

Jessica stared down. “Omaigash… do you think… they broke up???” Jessica said in shocked.

Yuri was crying as she ran upstairs through the side alley entrance up to their dorm. She was surprised to see Jessica and Tiffany the moment she reached the balcony.

“Yuri….” Tiffany cooed as she opened her arms. She remembered the time she once had a break up scene and it was way worse than Yuri’s. At least Yuri’s break up ended nicely.

Yuri ran towards Tiffany and hugged her. She sobbed nonstop. Jessica felt sorry so she hugged both Tiffany and Yuri.

“It’s over…” Yuri finally said as she choked in her own words. “I’ve-…. set him free…*sniff*”

Jessica and Tiffany just kept quiet.

“Did I do the right thing?? Did I??...” Yuri asked. She felt horrible.

“You did…” Jessica answered.

“I’m going to tell something to you… and this time I’ll say it bravely…”

“What?...”

“I love Yoona…” Yuri confessed. “Ever since we were in High School… It was all my fault… we thought that maybe over time we’d forget everything and that if we go on with our lives we’d forget but no… it’s just a worst case scenario… I didn’t mean to hurt him unnie…” Yuri blabbed. “I feel horrible… Wooyoung was my best friend but I don’t know if he will look at me the same way…”

“SShhhhhh….Ahraso… it will be okay… You did what you think is right…” Jessica said.

“Unnie!” Yoona happily called from the living room. “We almost forgot about the Apple Cinnamon Pie! Sunny unnie-“ She suddenly froze from the doorway. “Oh…What’s wrong?”

Jessica and Tiffany broke off their hug from Yuri.

“Let’s go, hun…” Jessica said to Tiffany. Jessica eyed Yoona, she gave her a message of “talk to her” through her body language. The JeTi left and gave the twins some private time to talk, since the issue was all about them.

“Unnie… why are you crying??” Yoona asked as she stepped out to the balcony.

“Yoong…” Yuri sobbed like a kid. “Sorry… I’ve been a liar to you… Sorry I’m a coward for not fighting for you… Sorry for pushing you away for so long… sorry I have-“

“Ya…” Yoona cut her off and hugged her. “Tsk... Don’t say such things…”

“It’s true… like you said… truth hurts. Now I’ve cleared it up… I broke up with him…”

Yoona was in shock. “You did what?!” She didn’t expect this one coming.

“I won’t go in circles anymore… I’m sure with this and I’m choosing you…”

“Yuri... I-“ Yoona was astonished.

“Yoona-“

“I was the reason why you can’t fight for me…I know why and I’m sorry…” Yoona blurted. “It’s my fault, not yours.” Then she hugged Yuri again. “Let’s go inside… Come on…” The YoonYul twins went to the bedroom first.

The bedroom that used to be Sooyoung and Yoona used to be slightly spacious but now it was full of beds. There were little space to walk onto it was almost like the aisles on planes. It was totally a room just for sleeping and no other activities can be done. The bedroom has a queen sized bed it was the shared bed of Sunny and Taeyeon, next to it was a king sized bed where Tiffany, Seohyun, and Yuri sleeps. Parallel to both beds was two single beds pushed together to the double deck. The double deck bed belongs to Yoona and Sooyoung.

“I’ll get you clothes. Wait here…” Yoona said to Yuri who sat down by the edge of their shared bed with Fany and SeoBaby.

Yoona went out of the bedroom to get fresh pajamas from their dressing room.

Yuri took off her jacket and sighed. She waited for Yoona to come back.

Seconds later Yoona came back with a pair of pink pajamas. “Ya… Stop crying now…” Yoona said as she wiped away Yuri’s tears.

“I feel so dumb Yoong… I’m older than you but why does it feels like… I’m so stupid…” Yuri said as she tries to her dress.

Yoona rolled her eyes. “Stop thinking that way and stop over reacting…jinjja…”

Yuri started to struggle ping her dress. The zipper was very stubborn. “It’s true… I feel like an idiot… ergh!!” Yuri grunted.

Yoona sighed. “Aigo!!” She helped Yuri . “You’re not stupid…”

Yuri quickly changed into the pink pajamas that Yoona brought. “Yoona… I want to be honest now… I love you and I’m not keeping it…”

“Whuuutt???” Yoona sounded shocked. This time Yoona wanted to stop Yuri. “Ya!!” But Yuri had already dragged her out.

 

~Kitchen~

“Where are the kids?? Children??” Sunny asked aloud.

“Ahnyong omma!” Jessica played along. “Where’s appa??”

“Missing. Now want some slice?” Sunny asked as she divides the apple cinnamon pie into thin slices.

Yoona and Yuri came into the small kitchen. Yuri’s eyes were still red and swollen.

“Boya??” Sunny asked. “Did you cry??”

Sooyoung and Seohyun who was busy rummaging the fridge stopped and turned their heads. “Oh??”

Taeyeon who just finished changing into her comfortable shorts and loose t-shirt came into the kitchen as well. “Oh??” She looked at Yuri who was cried. “What happened??”

“Uhm…” Yuri cleared . “Wooyoung and I are done…”

“Done??” Taeyeon asked. Her eyes popped hugely.

“Done as in over…”

“Uhm… Well… It’s okay. You’ll find someone that suits you…”

“I found the person already.” Yuri said straightly.

“You did??” Sunny asked.

Tiffany and Jessica both shut their eyes and they were waiting for the big explosion.

“UHM…” Yoona said aloud. “Well… First I want some apple cinnamon pie…” She said. With her hand she grabbed a slice from Sunny and she made a big bite.

“I found the person.” Yuri continued as she looks at Yoona weirdly. What is she doing? Yuri thought. “I’ll say it bravely and the person is-“

Yoona swiftly fed Yuri a mouthful of apple cinnamon pie. Then she smiled at Yuri as she swallowed hers. “Baby… Isn’t this the pie you baked??” Yoona asked sweetly. “It’s so good, how did you make it??”

Yuri swallowed the pie. “Babe, I-“

Yoona fed her again. “I never knew you had culinary skills, isn’t that a surprise??” Yoona asked. “You’re such a cutie!!” She pinched Yuri’s puffed cheeks.

Everyone started to eat their pies with a weird expression on their faces.

“Hey guys, what’s going on?” Hyoyeon asked. She came from their personal room. “Oh!! Pie!! I want one!!”

“Here unnie!” Seohyun said as she passes Hyoyeon her plate. But Hyoyeon didn’t take the plate and instead she opened . “Ahhh….”

SeoBaby wrinkled her nose. She used the fork to slice her a small amount and fed her with it.

“Mmm?!” Hyoyeon exclaimed.

Yuri got irritated with Yoona, she swallowed the pie in and she nearly choked. “YA!!! JINJJA…” Yuri said as she looked at Yoona.

“SHHHHH!!!” Yoona said as she covered .

“Wait…” Taeyeon said. “Omo…” Taeyeon sensed something was different about the YoonYul twins. “Are you two… together now??” Taeyeon asked straightly.

Yuri was about to nod when Yoona cupped her face and stopped her from confessing. “It’s nothing seriously.” Yoona said.

Seohyun and Hyoyeon were shocked. The JeTi couple was not because they knew about it but the SunYeon couple were now nervous.

“I know…” Sooyoung said. “The two of you once said it to us…” She looked at Tiffany. “But again… I have no choice but to accept it…” Sooyoung sighed. Her tone was slightly disappointed. “Uhm… who else have something to say??”

Hyoyeon raised her hand. “SeoBaby and I are together now. Going strong.” She joked. Seohyun looked at her with an eerie expression.

Sooyoung gave them a serious face. “I’m seirous.”

The SunYeon suddenly raised their hands.

“Just as I suspected…” Sooyoung said. “Anyone else??” She was waiting for the JeTi couple.

Then Tiffany raised her hand.

Sooyoung just nodded. “Ahraso…” Her tone was totally disappointed. “I’ll just… go out for a stroll… Be back…” Sooyoung made her way out of the kitchen and grabbed her coat that was lying by the couch and then she left everyone speechless.

 

~9:30PM~

Sooyoung POV

I felt horrible. I’ve been with these people for how many years now and I can’t accept the fact that they are… No… I shouldn’t say such things but I can’t help myself. Should I go for anti-homos? I think I should pledge for Celibacy. I sighed and tucked my cold hands inside the pockets of my coat. Should I start working on them at the agency? Should I try to pair them up with legible men? Why is this sudden? Why can’t I accept it? Of all people… Choi Sooyoung-ah!! Of all people… I should be the one who have to understand first…I work in a Dating Agency, and throughout my life I’ve always worked with love… Is it really possible?? Maybe they’re just confused…Since High School, I’ve always been the love adviser and people would call me daughter of Aphrodite (besides of my beauty of course)… But right now, it was as if I can’t understand what love is anymore… Throughout my life I’ve always dreamed that one day I’ll attend a wedding for eight times and on the ninth it’s me who will be walking in the aisle in a white gown dress but why do I feel like I don’t want it anymore. I want to pledge for Celibacy all of a sudden, and I want to quit from the agency… This is not working for me. Why do I think this way??

I sighed. My mind is so jumbled up right now and I can’t think anymore. Should I try drinking too? Like what Yuri did? Is it effective?? I tried to look for a bar restaurant that is safe. On the other side of the street, I know there’s one. Hooters, Bar and Restaurant Grill.

“Ahnyonghaseo…” A girl in black long hair greeted as she opened the door for me. According to her name plate, her name was Luna.

“Ahyong…” I greeted as I went to the bar counter. There was no one inside the establishment except me.

“Would you like something to drink?” Luna asked.

“Uhm…nine static pop rocks shots…” I said.

“Raspberry or strawberry?”

“Strawberry…” I sighed.

I couldn’t stop myself from thinking about my friends again. I can’t help myself, I wanted to fix everything so badly but I can’t… and all I could do are just heavy sighs.

“Here you go… Nine shots of static pop rocks.” Luna smiled. “Oh… Since its Sunday night, I’m giving you a shot for free. It’s in the house.” Luna said as she gave Sooyoung a free static pop rocks shot.

“Thank you.” I smiled.

“Enjoy.” Luna said as she went to tend the untidy tables.

 

*Third Person POV*

Sooyoung stared at the shot glasses.

Static Pop Rocks is a fruity alcoholic drink, it can be any fruit flavor of your choice and the exciting part about it is the rim should be covered with pop rocks candy for an exciting popping effects. Sooyoung started to gulp the drink one by one. This seemed nice… She could feel the pop rocks explode inside as the strawberry alcohol swept her taste buds away.

One…This is for Taeyeon…Have a good life with Sunny. Two… For the YoonYul Twins, may the odds be with them… Three… For Jessica and Tiffany, erm… I don’t know what to say… Four… For SeoBaby, may she finds joy and happiness with Yoghwa… Five… For Hyoyeon, may she become a better woman who doesn’t sleep around with a guy she flings… Six…For me… for being ungrateful, a jerk, and a friend who is a none sense… Seven… Shall I not be call as true friend anymore… Eight… I better disappear in this world… Nine… For me, shall I have the title of Ms. Worthless and Jerk of the year. Sooyoung drank all nine of it and just as she was about to hit the tenth one-

“SOOYOUNG!!” Someone said.

Sooyoung turned. The moment she saw who it was she groaned and grunted. “ERGH! Did you follow me??” Sooyoung was almost drunk. “What?? Should we start a relationship too?” Sooyoung said sarcastically.

“Ya…” Hyoyeon said in a calm tone. “Calm down… I know you’re upset and it’s hard for you to accept the fact… but you don’t need to drink… you’re drunk already…”

Sooyoung glared at Hyoyeon. “YA! Get your hands off me… ERGH!!! I am not drunk… Since when did you care?? I don’t deserve to be cared…”

“Yes you are…Since we became friends…” Hyoyeon said. “I better call the others…”

“Ya… You don’t need to… nobody should care about me… because… I’m a jerk…” Sooyoung said. She was already drunk. “I’m hopeless and… I’m not worth of being a friend… I should be supportive right? Right??”

Hyoyeon just stared at Sooyoung.

“But no… I feel ashamed of myself for not supporting my sisters…Instead… I feel like I’m worthless and unworthy of your friendships… So I’m giving the friendship you gave me… back to you… It’s all yours…” Sooyoung was about to gulp the last shot but Hyoyeon stopped her.

“YA!” Hyoyeon took away the last shot glass.

“GIVE ME THAT!!” Sooyoung argued.

Luna stared at them. “Uhmm… Is everything alright??” She asked.

Hyoyeon nodded. “Yes… Uhm, Can I get the bill now?…”

“Yeh… I’ll go and prepare it.” Luna said.

Hyoyeon took her cellphone out of her pocket. She quickly dialed her sisters back home.

“Yabuseo??” Tiffany answered nervously.

“Fany-ah… I found Sooyoung. We’re here at Hooters bar and resto. Come quick asap!” Then she hanged up.

“I can’t do anything right… Why??? WHY?!?!?!” Sooyoung asked. She was now crying.

“No… No…” Hyoyeon said as she hugged Sooyoung. “That’s not true…”

Few minutes have passed and Hyoyeon was still calming Sooyoung. Where are they…

Another second have passed and finally Jessica, Tiffany, Seohyun, Yoona, Yuri, Taeyeon, and Sunny came in.

“Thank goodness!” Hyoyeon said. “What took you so long??”

“What happened??” Jessica asked. “She’s so wasted…”

“Did she drink all this??” Tiffany asked as she sniffed the empty shot glass. “It’s… Static Pop Rocks… My goodness…” Tiffany saw the tenth shot was still untouched. “Can I?” She smiled.

“Ahraso.” Jessica said.

Tiffany drank the static shot in one gulp. “Not bad…” she commented.

“And… Back to reality again…” Jessica said to Tiffany who got carried away by the drink.

“I think… we shouldn’t have confessed…” Yuri suddenly said.

“No… If you didn’t tell… when will you be telling then? What you did was right… It’s just Sooyoung was not ready…” Sunny explained.

“Ya… What are you all doing here?? Shoo… Go home!! Leave me alone…I don’t deserve to be your friend… Get away from me!! Put your hands off from me!! Stop touching meee!!! Can everybody please stop touching me?!?!?!” Sooyoung said to everyone.

“Your drunk… stop… let’s go home…” Jessica cooed as she cupped Sooyoung’s face and wiped away her tears.

“AHNEE!! I don’t deserve this… I’m such a bad… worthless person who can’t fix our problems…”

Among the girls, Sooyoung was the one who always wanted to help. Whenever there are problems she tries to solve it with her might simply because she wants everything to be smooth sailing. But she feels like when it comes to her family she fails to do so.

“Why is it like this?? I work in a love agency… I can solve problems that I encounter there everyday and even make some magic come true… but why can’t I do it to my family? Why can’t I do it to my friends?!?! TELL ME…” She was now sobbing.

Everyone can’t answer her because she was drunk and talking to someone who is drunk can somehow be none sense because the person won’t remember what happened.

“That’s not true… Let’s take her home…” Taeyeon said. “I’ll settle the bill…”

Seohyun and Hyoyeon helped Sooyoung to stand.

“Don’t touch me…” Sooyoung said but she was too drunk to retaliate.

“Now now… We’ll go home…” Jessica said.

Just as the girls got out of the bar and resto, Taeyeon and Sunny were the ones who was left inside. They settled the bill.

“Kahmsamnida…” Luna said.

Sunny suddenly slipped her hand into Taeyeon’s touch. “Do you think we should stop this?? Do you think this is wrong?” she asked as they make their way out.

“Like what everyone says… I don’t know what’s right and what’s wrong anymore… But all I know… there’s nothing wrong loving someone…” Taeyeon answered.

 

END OF SEASON01

 

 

Next Season!!! The Prequel Series!! Hang on a bit, and you will unravel their black and white past...

Cotton Candy Cafe, A Chocolate Love Series

The Prequel Series

The Story how they all met

What their old life was like

From enemies they became friends

How they fall in love

and

How their bitter past became sweet.

 

 

Thank you for reading!!! I hope you'd support Cotton Candy until the end!!! :)
Kahmsameeda!! If you have opinions and comments feel free to express it.
If you have story requests or lines, you can comment below and I'd be glad to entertain you.

KAHMSAMNIDA!! :) Means a lot to me.