Chapter06: Sweet Hearts and Arrows

Cotton Candy Cafe, A Chocolate Love Series(HIATUS)

“CHAPTER06: Sweet Hearts and Arrows”

“SooFany&SunYeon Couple”

tumblr_m77i9tDFZM1qdr7vxo2_250.jpg

(Guest Couple: YoonYul)

“What do you think we should do?” Sooyoung asked Tiffany who was busy writing Taeyeon’s bio-data file.

Tiffany removed her eye glasses and scanned what she did. “Uhm…We need an operation… Should we call him?”

“Who? Kangin?”

“Duh?! Who else are we talking about? Sunny??” Tiffany said sarcastically.

“Ahraso ahraso… why so hot headed??” Sooyoung uttered. She yanked her phone out of her pocket and she started to dial. “Uhm… are we sure about this??”

Tiffany sighed and folded her arms. “I don’t know… Wait! No! Don’t dial just yet… ERGH!!! SOOYOUNG!!! WHAT TO DO?!?!!?!!?!!?!?”

Sooyoung just blinked. “Boya??”

“I don’t want Kangin to know we are behind this operation…”

“Actually… the feeling is mutual… If he finds out we work here I’m so sure he’ll push us to help him the more…and worst if Sunny finds out you’re behind this, I don’t know what will happen to the two of you. It’s a good thing you two are finally talking again, after the Taeyeon ice cream incident…”

Tiffany buried her face in her arms. “I’M A BAD FRIEND… ERGHH… I DESERVE TO BE UNLOVED…”

“Aigoo…” Sooyoung said. “You’re over reacting again…Let’s calm down and think things over… shall we??”

“It’s all your fault!!” Tiffany grunted. “If you didn’t see what happened in the kitchen-“

“Ya! That is why we hid inside the food walker and besides Jessica doesn’t know.”

 “That’s the problem. She doesn’t know. What if she finds out? We clearly agreed not to tell anyone. No one in our group knows what happened.”

“Really? Honestly to the honest honest extent of this situation. You two are obviously crazy about each other.” Sooyoung protested. “Also I don’t think anyone would care.”

“Not everyone is like you, Sooyoung. I’m scared what the others would think of us…or me…”

Sooyoung laughed. “Ya! You’re over thinking... Addition to that the “maknaes” are just like the unnies…”

“What? What are you saying?? What do you mean?? And I KNOW that Seo Baby knows because you have a big mouth and you told her!” Tiffany sighed and pinched her nose bridge. “That’s why it’s driving me crazy! Everyone is straight except me!!”

Sooyoung couldn’t stop laughing. “You don’t know what you’re saying…” 

“I’M SERIOUS, SERIOUSLY!”

“I’m serious too. Just try to open your eyes Tiffany.” Sooyoung said. “You don’t know who we are…” Sooyoung flipped back the cover of her Samsung S4.  “Let’s try again. What do you think should we do??”

“Uhm… Let’s think about this situation properly.“

“NO… I mean you and Jessica.”

“TSK! MOOLAH… I’m going to die…”

Sooyoung laughed. She was slightly taking the situation for granted. Seeing Tiffany like this and even teasing her more, what’s Sooyoung’s favorite enjoyment in life right? “For me, just come out honestly to the group, be the first to admit that you two are actually dating? If you are already dating.”

 “We are not dating! Besides… Two nights ago, I saw her with someone…”

“Who??”

“Guess who…”

Sooyoung’s eyes widened.

“Exactly!!” Tiffany said.

“Huh?? Wait… what exactly? I wasn’t thinking of anyone.” Sooyoung said.

Tiffany frowned. “You are frustrating! I thought you were thinking what I was thinking!!”

“It was effective isn’t it??” Sooyoung joked. “If someone makes you guess, pop a wide eye in respond, they’d think you are thinking what they are thinking…”

“Aish… Choi Sooyoung… I don’t know what to do with you anymore…”

“Wait, so she was with who?”

“Her Ex…”

Sooyoung’s jaw dropped. “Heechul?? Jinjja?? They met??”

“It’s a long story process, I’ll tell it later.” Tiffany frowned again. “You are not making this one easy for me! You’re making fun of me!!”

“Ah-nee ah-nee.” Sooyoung smiled. “But you can’t keep a secret forever…”

“So one day everyone will know Jessica and I has something going on? Then one day Taeyeon will know that she is our prospect right now? That we just planned all this situations? And if she falls in love with Kangin over Sunny, and suddenly finds out everything was the agency’s doing, and then she’ll hate us forever? She’ll break up with Kangin then runs after Sunny. Am I right?”

 “…….” Sooyoung became speechless. Tiffany’s wild mind. “But! Don’t jump to conclusions because you might not know maybe Taeyeon would just be angry. What is love right? What if Kangin has really planted on her? I doubt she’d break up.”

Sooyoung and Tiffany suddenly turned their heads toward the door. 

“YA!! Why aren’t you knocking??” Sooyoung said to Yuri and Yoona. Tiffany sighed.

Sooyoung slapped her forehead while Tiffany buried her face in her palms.

Yuri placed the basket of food on the top of the table then she grabbed the folder that was lying in front of Sooyoung and Tiffany. She read it. “Guys… explain…”

Yoona sat beside Sooyoung. She quietly opened the basket and took out the food inside without interrupting the unnies who were talking.

“Sometimes we really need to lock the door Tiffany…”

“Aiyo! Not sometimes! Always!” Tiffany grunted.

“Explain this!” Yuri demanded. “If she finds out-“

“SHHH!!! Yuri-ah! We know! What you’re about to say is what we also think…” Sooyoung supposed.

“Wait, did you hear something else??” Tiffany asked. “Besides the Taeyeon thingy??”

Yuri and Yoona looked at each other.

"Honestly..." Tiffany said. “Just say the truth.”

Yoona pursed her lips. She gave Yuri the authority to talk. “That you and Jessica are… together?” Yuri said as she looks at Yoona who busily unpacks the food.

“Jinjja… How long have you two been standing there??”

“We quietly went in because maybe we were about to disturb you from work but we accidentally heard the “you can’t keep a secret part and heard everything”…” Yoona mumbled as she yanked the chopsticks out of a container.

“But it doesn’t matter if you’re seeing Jessica right? I mean…” Yuri stopped. “It’s not-“

“I know it bothers you.” Tiffany objected.

“It’s not like that- Uhm…” Yuri twitched her fingers together out of nervousness. “Do you think it’s-“ Yoona’s eyes popped wide open. Don’t say anything!!!! She wanted to scream.

Sooyoung looked at Yuri and Yoona. “What??”

Tiffany was now dumbfounded. “????” 

“Why don’t we start eating? The food is getting cold.” Yoona said. 

Yuri sat beside Yoona and there were silence.

Sooyoung started eating while Tiffany sat frozen. She suddenly lost her appetite.

“Uhmm… Fany-ah…” Yuri started.

 “I’m sorry…” Tiffany blurted. “I think it’s my entire fault…”

Yoona and Yuri looked at each other. “Uhmm…” This time Yuri couldn't express herself. “It’s not your fault unnie…”

“I think it is… I never thought this will ever happen.”

“Aiyo… Fany. We accept you whoever you are…” Sooyoung said supportively.

“Wait, why are you accepting this project?” Yoona began to question.

“No one answered.

 “Unnie…Just because I’m second to the last maknae, doesn’t means I’m that dumb and naïve…” Yoona continued.

Sooyoung nodded. “Ahraso…The reason why… is because we just want to set things right.” 

“I don’t want them to be like me…” Tiffany whispered.

Yuri and Yoona felt a big pang in their chest. They can simply relate.

“So??” Yuri said crossly. “What if it happens to you? Or to Jessica? What do you think Jessica will feel? Or what will you feel? Even though this is a place where all the magic happens, trust me… in all the projects you do, there will be one party who will get hurt, and as a friend I don’t want any of our friends to be the victim, so I suggest you stop this.” She said in a guilty tone as if she was highly affected.

Tiffany squinted her eyes. “Uhm… Why are you…” Tiffany paused. “How can I put this? Affected??” 

“HUH??” Yuri said defensively. “What are you talking about?? It’s not like that, I mean I’m just saying my opinion. What if it happens to you, to us, to anyone…” She was now babbling. 

"Ya... We haven't said anything..." Sooyoung said as she pops a kimchi into . 

“What if… We are?” Yoona bravely said.

“Yoona…” Yuri whispered.

“I think they should know…I want to know until when will I fight…” Yoona said as she placed down her chopsticks. “What if we are highly affected?...What if we are just like you and Jessica?...”

And this time the lamb was fighting for a heart.

Sweet as honey,

But fighting for someone is the sweetest.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“SunYeon”

tumblr_lqa89xa5Qg1qfrjfbo1_250.jpg

Sunny one so true,
I love you.

“Hello there little guy!” Taeyeon said brightly as she placed a cute baby Saint Bernard above the checkup table. “Awe… Don’t be scared. You’re a brave little rascal right?”

Taeyeon started to push a button that was located in the side of the table. She was checking for the dog’s weight. “Wow, you’re a healthy puppy. You’re not under weight nor over weight. I guess we’re done with the check up! Who’s a good boy?” She cuddled the puppy that was happy in her arms and was her face.

“How is he doctor?” asked the woman who owns the puppy.

Taeyeon smiled brightly. “He’s fine. But I noticed he seemed to be suffering slightly fatigue. Do you have kids at home?”

The woman nodded as she carries her puppy. “My kids love to play with him and carry him so often, sometimes the kids bring him out to the garden and run all afternoon.”

“Oh, I see. Uhm I suggest to give the puppy some rest time too. Don’t carry him often or play with him roughly. He’s still a puppy and he’s still in a fragile state. He might collapse or worst get some disease outdoors. I suggest letting him stay inside the house until he’s in the right age to play outside.” Taeyeon smiled. “I won’t be giving him any medication, but don’t forget to give him his vitamins.”

The woman smiled. “Thank you doctor.”

“No problem! Feed him with lots of love!” Taeyeon waved as the woman left.

“Wow… that puppy was lovely.”

“Yes he was.” Taeyeon answered.

“Uhm… do you want to grab some lunch?”

Taeyeon sighed. “Kangin… I’m a little busy here. Why don’t you go ahead instead? I’ll just catch up with you.” Taeyeon said as she clicked her pen and placed it in her white coat’s pocket.

“Or I’ll just buy us something to eat?” Kangin suggested.

Taeyeon smiled. “Okay, that sounds nice. Where will you buy?”

“In the café just across the clinic.”

Taeyeon nodded and proceeded with her paper works.

Kangin went out and just as that Sunny came in. “Oh, Kangin ah!” Sunny said.

“Sunny!” Kangin smiled. “You look cute today.”

Sunny was wearing a denim jumper with pink inner shirt. Her hair was curled elegantly and she looked hippy and cute like always.

“Thanks.” Sunny laughed bashfully. “So, where are you going?” Sunny asked.

“I’m going to buy some lunch.”

Sunny smiled. “Oh! Where are you going to buy?”

“Somewhere near, why?” Kangin thought.

“I’m feeling hungry too. I was also planning to buy something to eat.”

“Oh! Then let’s go grab something.” Kangin suggested.

Sunny and Kangin went to the nearest sandwich café just across the clinic. Just as they were about to enter Kangin opened the door for Sunny. “Thank you.” Sunny said awkwardly.

Kangin was a gentleman type of a guy. “So, what do you want to eat?” He asked.

“Uhm… I’ll just take the chicken pesto sandwich. Oh, I’ll get Taeyeon the smoked ham and spicy chicken Panini. She likes that.” Sunny smiled.

Kangin felt a negative impact because he was supposed to buy Taeyeon’s food but it turned out Sunny knows Taeyeon best. She even knows what Taeyeon would pick.

“I’ll take chicken pesto, one smoked ham, and two cups of hot mocha latte.” Sunny ordered. She gave her money over the counter but Kangin blocked her hand.

“I’ll treat you.” Kangin said happily.

Sunny was shocked. “No no. It’s okay. I’m fine.” She insisted.

“No. You’re the lady.” Kangin said in a gentleman’s way as he bows his head. “Besides, it’s my first time treating you.” Kangin made his orders and suddenly pays for the bill.

Sunny stood frozen and it was the first time that a guy has been a gentleman to her. Usually men see her as boyish and tough gal but this time Sunny has melted on her own puddle.

“Here’s your orders.” The lady gave out the orders.

Sunny took the three hot lattes.

“I’ll carry that for you.” Kangin said. But just as he was about to take the lattes, Sunny who felt uncomfortable and awkward accidentally spilled over some quite amount of hot steamy latte over her fingers.

 “OW!” She reacted. She immediately placed the coffees in a table.

“Are you alright?” Kangin asked worriedly. “Do you have ice?” He asked the lady in the counter.

The lady in the counter quickly went to get an ice.

“I’m fine…” Sunny said while holding her finger tight.

Kangin grabbed her hand and looked at her finger. The top of her skin was slightly sore and red. There was a red trace of sore and it slightly ballooned. “Don’t touch it… I can’t feel anything…” Sunny said.

Kangin was given ice. He took his handkerchief and wrapped the ice with it. “Sometimes you have to be careful…” He said to Sunny.

Sunny just kept quiet as Kangin taps her finger with ice. “I’m just not used to… being treated like this…” Sunny said.

Kangin looked at her. “Every lady should be treated as a lady…”

Omo… Sunny thought…

Her heart melted and all she could do was stare at Kangin.

Did the arrow that Kangin wanted to aim over Taeyeon suddenly fly to another direction?

Omaigash… this is the first time someone treated me like this. Sunny thought.

*CLING CLING*

The wind chime of the café’s door sounded.

Sunny and Kangin turned their heads and with shocking dismay Taeyeon just came in. She was smiling seconds ago but the moment she saw Kangin holding Sunny’s hand (At the same time Sunny was deeply staring at him) her smile faded away.

Sunny pulled her hand away from Kangin’s touch. “Taeyeon ah!” She said cheerfully as she rans over to Taeyeon and hugs her. “We brought you lunch!”

Taeyeon hugged Sunny back but her mood was a little down. “Oh, what did you buy for me?”

Sunny playfully pinched her nose. “Your favorite!”

“Did you pick it for me?” Taeyeon asked, she began to feel possessive over Sunny.

Kangin smiled. “Sunny was the one who picked it for you. She knows you better than I do.”

Taeyeon was slightly pleased. “I came after because I thought you’d have a hard time picking what I wanted. But I guess you found my angel.” Taeyeon smiled. “I’ll just go to the restroom.”

Taeyeon walked to the restroom with Sunny who tailed her behind, leaving Kangin to wait.

“Ya… Taeyeon-ah…” Sunny said as they enter the restroom.

Taeyeon washed her hands quietly. She didn’t respond to Sunny which gave her an impression that she doesn’t want to talk.

“Taeyeon…” Sunny said. “Are you okay??”

But Taeyeon didn’t respond.

“Uhm…I’m sorry…”

“You didn’t do anything so don’t apologize.” Taeyeon said in a staid voice. “Geez…”

“Then why are you not talking to me??”

“What??” Taeyeon asked. “What do you want me to say??”

“It’s not what you think…”

“Think? Why? What do you think I am thinking??” Taeyeon sounded slightly hurt and annoyed. She didn’t know why she was reacting this way. Kangin is just a friend. But seeing Sunny looking at him that way it definitely made her feel possessive.

“No… It’s not… I know you.” Sunny asserted.

“No...You don’t…” Taeyeon argued.

“Then why aren’t you talking to me?!” Sunny angrily said.

“Why?! Is there something I need or have to say?!”

“I’m sorry… but Kangin was just being a gentleman to me… that’s all…” Sunny explained. But Taeyeon didn’t say a word.

“Tss… I don’t know what’s up with you… But don’t worry he’s all yours" Sunny said without thinking. It was as if pushing Taeyeon away. Sunny knows she feels jealous when Taeyeon is with someone else, but in this situation she didn’t know what came up to her and she said such thing. It was like she’s giving Taeyeon up.

"WHAT?!" Taeyeon said loudly. "BOYA?!?!?!" Taeyeon was simply hurt. Does Sunny think I like him?? “You were the one staring at him deeply in the eyes. Now who among us has something to do with him?!” Taeyeon angrily said. “Ahraso…I don’t care…Stop pushing me away because I can leave on my own. Just say it. I hope the two of you will have a good life together.” Taeyeon walked out leaving Sunny behind. 

Did Sunny felt something unexpected and different for Kangin?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next Chapter of Cotton Candy Café, A Chocolate Love Series:

"Dark Chocolates are Bitter Sweet"