Prequel08: Sweet Escape

Cotton Candy Cafe, A Chocolate Love Series(HIATUS)

I made the chapter really long since I'll be gone for a couple of weeks. Enjoy!! ;)

Sweet Escape

~Home Coming Morning~

“Ahnyonghaseo!!!” Sunny said over the mic. “It’s Sunny!!!”

“And Taeyeon! And we are the Dandyu VJ’s!” Taeyeon announced.

“So, it’s home coming morning! Are you all ready for tonight’s home coming dance?? Have you asked out the special someones in your lives??” Taeyeon asked.

“It’s not yet too late if you haven’t!” Sunny giggled. “So, it’s Saturday morning and it’s time for… Letter Shout outs!!!” Sunny said. “So for the first letter… tantananana!!!! It’s from…” Sunny read the note. “Oh…this is ehem…quite deep…okay… Like a star in the sky, you are near yet so far…Sunny, Are you still available for home coming? Sincerely, Starry Night” Sunny suddenly laughed.

Taeyeon raised her brow as she snatched the paper from Sunny hand.

“Oh…StarryNight…Hmm…Ask me that question personally…I will know who you are if you could answer the question that I will ask you... What color is the paper you used…” Sunny said.

“Anyways…” Taeyeon said as she broke off the moment immediately. “Next letter…”

Sunny and Taeyeon went on and on and on with the morning announcement, while doing the announcement Sunny noticed that Taeyeon wasn’t as lively as she was the moment they started. Just as they ended Sunny properly clicked the OFF AIR button. Both of them stood up and Taeyeon gave Sunny the piece of fan letter that was from StarryNight.

“You know… Starry Night??…I once read a book entitled starry nights and there’s something familiar about this phrase and note too…” Sunny smiled. “Hmm…let’s just ignore this…I bet he won’t come and ask me…”

Taeyeon was totally jealous but she tried not to show it. “Ahraso…” She snobbed.

“Aish…Taengoo…” Sunny said as she hugs Taeyeon. “Don’t be jealous… let’s go…”

 

12:00 AM.

“Sunny, who’s that StarryNight?” Jessica asked as they tidy up their things. English class just ended for them and it was early dismissal time so students could prepare for home coming dance this evening.

“Psshh…” Sunny said as she rolled her eyes. “Moolah…”

From afar, a guy with blond hair slightly chinky eyes was looking at Sunny. He was wearing the men’s uniform which is a white long sleeved inner shirt, gray vest with blue linings, blue necktie, and black pants.

“What if he comes near you and asks you for home coming?” Hyoyeon asked.

Sunny smirked. “psshh…I don’t think he can do that? Will he?? Unless he wants to be dumped early…I’m a man hater…” Sunny said ily.

The guy who was looking at Sunny was collecting his courage to talk to her but the moment he heard she’s a man hater, his confidence began to drop and instead he left the room. He sighed.

“Sungmin-ah!” Someone called.

The blond guy turned around. It was Wooyoung who called him.

“Hey...”

“Why??”

“Nothing…” But deep down he got so sad and scared about Sunny.

 

~Flash Back~

Sungmin became an exchange student at Soshified. He will be staying in school in six months of time to study basic Korean and other Korean Cultures. Soshified University offers such program and Sungmin came from Taiwan. He has been staying in Soshified for a month now and his friends with Baek, Minho, Wooyoung, and Taecyeon.

*Riiinnngggg*

Sungmin was walking along the school’s corridor; he was going to the men’s wing for the dorm but since he was new, he lost on his way. Just as he walked towards the locker hallway, a girl who was reading a book suddenly passed by.

“Excuse me…” Sungmin asked in English. “Do you know where the men’s wing is?” He asked the girl who was pretty, petite, small in height, her brown curly locks beautifully passed down to her shoulders and to her chest.

Sunny tilted her head. “The men’s wing is over there. Walk straight to that hall and turn right.” Even though the girl’s uniform wasn’t really stylish, the little lady managed to look cute and lovely. Hey lips were cute in shape and she has this baby eyes and baby face. “Are you new?”

Sungmin froze the moment he saw the girl face to face, he was star struck and he couldn’t take his eyes off of her. “Yes…” He stuttered. “I’m…a…auh…e-ex-exchange sss…st…student from T-tt-Taiwan…Exchange student from Taiwan…” He said clearly.

Sunny tried to understand his uttering stuttered words. “Oh, wow…I’m Sunny by the way, the school’s VJ…Welcome to Soshi-U then! Enjoy your stay.” She said.

Sungmin noticed Sunny’s book, it was entitled Starry Nights. Then Sunny waved goodbye and walked away.

 

~Another Flash Back~

Library 5:30 PM

Sungmin sat on a desk near the librarian’s table. He was busy learning Basic Hangeul. On his notebook he was practicing to write the basic vowels and basic consonants of Hangeul Alphabet. “ㅏㅑㅓ         ㅕㅗㅛ ㅜㅠㅡㅣ” Sungmin wrote. “Ah…ya…o…eo…o…yo…u…yu…eu..i…” Sungmin whispered to himself as he writes.

Suddenly from the Librarian’s table he saw someone. Someone so familiar he got carried away again.

“Sunny…” Someone called.

Sunny turned. “Hyoyeon wait…I’m returning this book…”

Sungmin saw the book that Sunny borrowed. Starry Nights… He suddenly stood up. Just as Sunny got cleared for returning the book on time, she went to catch up with her friends Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, and Seohyun who was waiting for her by the library door. Sungmin watched Sunny go and he immediately went to the librarian’s desk and asked for the book.

“Ahnyonghaseo…” Sungmin greeted. “Can I borrow the book entitled Starry Nights?” He asked.

The librarian handed him the book and he wrote his name by the library card. “Kahmsamnida…” Sungmin said.

He went back to the desk where he was and he started to read the first chapter of the book, forgetting that he was studying Hangeul. Just as he flips the page, there was a tagline “Like a star in the sky, you are near yet so far…” Then it struck him. The line got stuck to him, he knows he couldn’t reach for Sunny. She’s on top of the chain and he’s at the bottom and all he could do was just stare.

 

~Back to Reality~

Sunny and the girls just got out of class and Sungmin’s eyes were totally glued to Sunny, he kept his distance but his eyes stares are totally obvious.

“Sungmin…who are you looking at?” Wooyoung asked.

“Ahneeyo ahneeyo…” Sungmin said as he hides himself.

“OHHH….” Wooyoung giggled. “You’re looking at them are you??”

“Ahneeyo…” Sungmin said as he pulls Wooyoung away. “Shut up you!”

“Is this about Sunny again??” Wooyoung teased and even batted his lashes.

Sungmin gulped. His face drained its color and he was obvious.

“AHA!!!!” Wooyoung squealed. “Sunny is a man hater…unfortunately…”

“What should I do??” Sungmin asked.

“Whoa…dude, are you serious?” Wooyoung asked. “Like totally serious? I thought you were just joking…It’s been a month now. Why don’t you ask her?”

“I don’t want to die…” Sungmin said. “I’m Starry Night…”

Wooyoung was shocked. “Then??? What are you waiting for?

“Ahnee…I heard them talk in class about starry night and Sunny said she thinks he won’t dare to ask her if he doesn’t want to get dumped early…”

“Awe…calm down…” Wooyoung said. “Don’t be sad…we’ll see what we can do…”

“Ahneeyo…I’ll just look at her from afar…”

“Don’t be such a loser…o???”

 

~Cafeteria Lunch~

Sunny was ordering lunch, she stood by the end of the line along with her sisters Yoona, Sooyoung, Tiffany, Jessica, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Seohyun, and Taeyeon. Sunny was the last girl in line so Sungmin took the opportunity to get beside Sunny. He went to the last line and stood next to her. Sunny was busy texting and she wasn’t minding her surroundings and Sungmin badly wanted to tell Sunny that he is Starry Night but the problem is... something caught his tongue and he couldn’t say anything, his heart was beating fast, and he was so nervous to the point he wanted to faint.

Minutes have passed and Sunny was done ordering and she just left. Sungmin sighed and he felt stupid. Aish…Pabo…Sungmin didn’t order anymore and so he walked away. Sungmin apparently wasn’t looking at where he was going and there was a spillage of something along the floor which by the way Sunny avoided but Sungmin didn’t. Until… BUGSH!!

Sunny was shocked because she was near the incident. Sungmin was now on the floor…Embarrassed.

“OMGIE…” Sunny said. “Are you okay??”

Sungmin stood up and he was super shocked as well. Sunny was there in front of her. He suddenly remembered Sunny was a man hater, so he came up with an idea. “OMGIE… Gurl…I am super fine…” Sungmin said in a girly manner. He stood up and acted as a gay so Sunny won’t ignore him and snob him.

Sunny was speechless. “Oh…” Sunny laughed. “Good to hear…”

Sungmin immediately escaped and out of the scene like nothing happened.

“Who was that??” Sooyoung asked.

“I met him before…but I didn’t know he was gay??....” Sunny thought.

"Gay?" Taeyeon asked. "Who's gay??"

"Him..." Sunny said pointing to Sungmin who was walking away.

 

~JungLi~

“Sulli-ah!” Krystal called as she entered her shared dorm with Sulli. “What’s this?!”

Krystal showed Sulli the newspaper and on the front page there was a picture of Sulli and Choiza sitting on a bench back at the school’s quadrangle.

“Jinjja, Sulli??” Krystal rolled her eyes.

“Ahneeyo, I can explain…”

“Sulli…the picture tells its story clearly…o??” Krystal said. “Serously?!”

“But-“

“AISH PABO!!!” Krystal grunted.

Sulli stood up and banged her study table. “WHAT IS UP WITH YOU?? YOU DON’T LET ME EXPLAIN, YOU ALWAYS CALL ME PABO, STUPID, YOU NEVER CARED FOR ME…IT WAS ALWAYS ME WHO CARED FOR YOU…THEN I THOUGHT YOU WERE TAKING ME TO HOME COMING BUT INSTEAD YOU USED ME SO YOU WON’T GO WITH BAEK…YOU’RE SO MEAN…YOU ALWAYS HURT MY FEELINGS…KRYSTAL…JINJJA…I HAVE FEELINGS TOO…”

Krystal was shocked. She became speechless and dumfounded.

Sulli pouted and suddenly she walked out.

“Sulli…”

But too late Sulli left.

“Ergh….” Krystal grunted. “Stupid me…Aish…” Krystal sighed and threw the paper over the floor.

 

~SeoBaby&Keroro~

Seohyun went out during the afternoon to look for something to wear because she wasn’t prepared for home coming dance. She roamed around shops and stores along the busy streets of Seoul. She found a shop but not a clothing shop…Instead it was a…

3…2…1… FIRE!! Kero Kero Kero

Seohyun’s eyes became big and everything inside the shop was character goods, some parts were Sanrio, some were sailormoon, some were etc etc… But what Seohyun liked was…Keroro… She was given a slightly huge amount of money to buy her perfect dress but instead she thought to herself why attend a stupid dance? I’ll just buy a whole lot of Keroro.

Seohyun grabbed a basket and she roamed around the Keroro section. There was a lot of Keroro inside, Keroro mugs, plushies, pillows, keychains, t-shirts, fluffy slippers, bags, anything under the sun.

“Omo…I need this…” Seohyun grabbed the keroro pancake pan. “So when I make pancakes…it’s the head of keroro…and it’s…$35…yeah…worth the penny…omo…keroro rice molder…yeh…$3…omo…Keroro spoon and fork…but it’s for children…doesn’t matter…I need this…WAH…” Seohyun was having a blast of her life.

Seohyun saw the keroro bath robe, fluffy slippers, towels, shampoo and conditioner dispenser. The dispenser was shaped of Keroro’s body and the pumper was actually Keroro’s yellow hat. “Omo…I need the slipper…and these…I NEED these!” Seohyun didn’t mind the bath robe because it was just colored in green with a small picture of keroro by the chest. She didn’t buy anymore towel because she has Keroro towel. “Oh my gawd…Keroro’s hat…I NEED this!!! Uhm…I don’t want cellphone casing or key chains…hmm…WAH!!! Keroro brain puzzle…try to arrange the keroro image with different block shapes…Must buy!!” Seohyun giggled onto herself and she totally felt like she was floating in heaven. “OMO..Keroro stickers…Keroro stationery, pen, stapler, notebooks, eraser, pencil…EVERYTHING INTO THE BASKEEETTT!!!!” Seohyun was getting crazier and crazier. Until… “Okay…stop… my money…time to pay…”

Seohyun went to the counter and paid for her stuff, just as she was paying something shocked her. The guy in the counter was wearing keroro hat and has keroro merchandise all over him. It was like promoting Keroro, and he was even wearing a green colored shirt like a frog. “Omo…” Seohyun expressed.

“Seohyun??”

“Yonghwa??”

“What are you doing here?” Both of them asked each other.

“I uhm…I was supposed to buy a dress but I decided not to and skip the dance tonight…”

“I’m working. Keke. This is my second part time job besides of being a bar tender at night…So you’re not going to home coming dance?”

Seohyun shook her head. “Not anymore. I’ve spent half of my money for this so haha…maybe I could roam around and go back to the dorm.”

“Wow…Keroro fan?”

Seohyun nodded happily.

Yonghwa punched the things that Seohyun bought and event placed it inside a Keroro paper bag. Usually it was just a simple brown paper bag but he made it extra special for Seohyun. “Oh…here…I’m giving this to you…” Yonghwa took off a cute keroro keychain from his green keroro apron and gave it to Seohyun. “A little gift for you…”

SeoBaby blushed. “Kahmsamnida…”

“Uhm…hey…I’m about to finish my shift, I was wondering if you’d like to go out, I’m not going to the dance either, maybe we could grab some coffee together? Talk about Keroro…” Yonghwa asked.

“Oh…uhm…I think it’s nice…” SeoBaby smiled.

“Okay. Wait for me…” Yonghwa smiled.

 

~Home Coming Dance 7:30pm~

The home coming dance was held at the school’s gym, it was decorated beautifully and the theme was cards and poker. There were huge deck of cards, red and whites were the color of the venue, there were huge dices as decoration, there were poker coins everywhere. The food was dice cakes and poker cookies that are edible to eat, and it was as if you were inside a gambling house.

The girls just came on time but Seohyun, Yuri, and Yoona wasn’t around. Hyoyeon kept on texting the three of them, but the most that she contacted was SeoBaby who apparently wasn’t answering. Hyoyeon was in rage of anger now for she felt worried that something might have happened to Seohyun already.

“That maknae…is going to be in trouble…” Hyoyeon mumbled as she taps her phone.

“Chill…if by 10pm she hasn’t answered then we’ll worry…” Sunny told Hyoyeon. “Ahraso?”

Hyoyeon nodded. “Yoona??”

“Moolah…don’t worry about that woman…she can handle herself, so worry about Seohyun instead…” Taeyeon said. “And maybe Yuri is with Yoona…”

Just as seconds passed, Yuri appeared by the entrance, she stepped down the dice like stairs and joined the girls. She looked totally fabulous in her black and white outfit that looked like diamonds from the deck of cards. Her hair was braided into one side and she was wearing white heels and has a black evening clutch in her hand.

“Wow…” Jessica commented. “Hot and y…I like it…” Jessica giggled.

“Thanks…By the way have you seen my cousin?” Yuri asked Jessica.

Jessica shook her head. “I haven’t seen my sister too… usually the two of them are always together…”

“Let’s grab some punch…” Tiffany suddenly suggested out of the blue.

Hyoyeon laughed. “Get me one pls…”

“Me too…” Taeyeon lazily said.

“Me three…” Sunny added to tease.

Tiffany gave them a serious look. “I have two hands…the left and the right…and nothing more…”

“Don’t worry, let’s go grab some…I'll go with you.” Jessica said as she dragged Tiffany to the punch and food corner.

“Where’s…” Yuri doesn’t know if she wanted to continue her statement. She was looking for Yoona though.

“Yoona?” Sunny smirked and raised her brow.

“No…Seohyun…” Yuri lied.

“Pssshhh…” Sunny scoffed. “Liar…”

The girls decided to roam around and Yuri told them she’ll stay by the cocktail table where she was standing. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung stood next to the DJ remix table, and with Sooyoung’s surprise she was shocked to see someone she knows.

“OMAIGAWD!!!!” Sooyoung squealed. “Eunhyuk!!!!” She said aloud to the DJ.

“ei??” Eunhyuk said. “SOOYOUNG!!!!!”

The two of them clashed their body like men and Sooyoung was completely happy.  “Oh, this is my friend Hyoyeon…our cheer captain, Hyo, this is Eun my COUSIN!!!!” She happily said.

“Oh…” Hyoyeon smiled sweetly.

“I didn’t know you will DJ tonight??” Sooyoung asked.

“Yeah…I forgot you go to this school…The alumni’s contacted me…”

Sooyoung laughed. “My cousin is a known DJ/VJ in bars…he’s great remixing music and sometimes he DJ’s in radios…”

Hyoyeon nodded. “Wow…”

“He dances too… he teaches dance in a dance studio…” Sooyoung smiled. “I’ll go get us all a drink, be right back bro.” Sooyoung said to Eunhyuk.

Hyoyeon became awkward and the music was so loud, she didn’t know what to say and what to do. She just stood there looking pretty like a manikin without any reactions or so.

“So, what type of music do you dance?”

“Pop. Body locks.” Hyoyeon smiled. Now this is interesting.

“Wow…” Eunhyuk smiled. “Interesting…Hmm…mind me to ask you, but do want to try VJ-ing?”

Hyoyeon laughed. “Okay, sure. Teach me some few tricks…”

Eunhyuk invited Hyoyeon in to the VJ table. Eunhyuk slid the huge head phones around Hyoyeon’s neck, he grabbed her left hand and placed it towards the speaker then the other hand by the remix table. “Okay, see this…twist this…and you’ll feel the beat by the speaker…try it…”

Hyoyeon tried it. Bzzkkk Bzzzk. “OMG…this is amazing…” Hyoyeon just invented her own beat and everyone was enjoying it.

“Wow…not bad…” Eunhyuk commented.

Sooyoung came back with drinks and her brow was raised. “Okay…bro…one minute I left for drinks and food…and now you’re harassing my gurl…ain’t cool…”

Eunhyuk laughed. “No, I’m just teaching her some few tricks…but she’s great though…Join us!” Eunhyuk flipped the side table so Sooyoung could join them above the DJ stage.

Meanwhile just as Hyoyeon, Eunhyuk, and Sooyoung enjoys the DJ-ing session, Sunny, Taeyeon, Jessica, and Tiffany were at the food counter, there was an on-spot food making and the guy was decorating like a professional.

“OMG…Heechul??” Jessica squealed. Heechul was the one who was decorating and he was wearing a coat and tie of chef like clothes. He looked cute though and Jessica finds him adorable.

“Hi there!” Heechul said to the girls.

“Wow!!!” Taeyeon said. “By the way, I bet these food tastes good.”

“Really? How can you say?” Heechul asked.

“Well, we once tried your baking…” Sunny smiled as she stares at Jessica.

“Okay…nuf said…” Jessica broke her friends off. Tiffany was just smiling but she felt outcasted and out of place so she just stood there looking over the food. “May I?” Tiffany asked as she points to a strawberry tart.

Heechul nodded. “Sure…”

Tiffany grabbed the strawberry tart and… “OMG…this is…amazing…”

Heechul smiled. “Thank you…”

“Are you planning to be a chef someday?” Taeyeon asked. “You suit in Culinary…”

“I dream to have my own café someday…” Heechul shared.

“Really??” Jessica thought. “Honestly I love baking…”

“Do you guys want to try decorating?” Heechul asked. “There’s still plenty to decorate here…”

“We’d love to!!” Tiffany smiled. “Teach us.”

“Earlier Sooyoung dropped by, and she asked me if she could help and of course I didn’t mind, and I was surprised with her skills…she shared to me few things about cooking and baking…I didn’t know she cooks and bakes, and she was the one who chopped these fruits nicely…she can be a great chef someday.”

Sunny, Taeyeon, and Tiffany nodded. “Yeh…Sooyoung is good in the kitchen, so as Seohyun who learns from her…” Sunny revealed.

Jessica laughed. “Wow…I think café shops are good business o?”

Heechul nodded. “Yes…it is.”

 

~~~~

The hours passed and Yuri was still alone by the cocktail table, surprisingly the beautiful lonely lady looked sad and hurt. Yoona asked her to be her date tonight but apparently Yoona seemed to ditch her. Ergh…Why did I ever take her seriously…I’m not supposed to be like this. I’m not supposed to feel like this… Yuri sighed and all she could do was stare at her untouched drink punch that Sooyoung gave her.

“Why so sad, beautiful lady?” A voice said.

Yuri turned. She knew the voice belonged to someone else and it wasn’t Yoona. “Hey…” Yuri said to Wooyoung who just found her.

“Why are you alone?”

“Ahnee…my friends are just roaming around and Yoona…she’s I don’t know…somewhere…”

“Huh? Yoona is with Taecyeon…they’re outside by the quadrangle benches…”

Yuri’s jaws dropped open. WHAT?!?!?!? That ditched me for him?!?! She sure is playing with me…OH YUL!!! YOU ARE SO IDIOT… Why??? What did I do wrong to be treated this way…

“Are you okay?” Wooyoung asked.

“Yeah…”

“Is this about your best friend Yoona?”

“Huh??”

“I mean ever since she’s seeing Taecyeon, you’ve been reacting differently.”

Yuri sighed.

“Is this best friend issues? I mean it’s normal for a best friend to feel jealous.”

Yuri just stared at Wooyoung. It’s not like that…it’s because I have feelings for her… “Maybe…” Yuri lied.

“Don’t worry…Taecyeon will take care of her…I know…”

“Psshh…if they will last…Yoona is a player…”

“Yeah but I know there will be someone who will make her better…”

Yuri pouted. That was supposed to be me… “I hope so too…”

“Yuri…I just want you to know that you can always call me when you need someone to talk too.”

“I know…it’s also good to talk to someone who’s not your clique haha…I mean girl friends…”

Wooyoung chuckled as he stares into Yuri’s beautiful sad and lonely face.

“Hm…You know…I’m getting bored…I think I’ll just go back to our dorm…I’m also tired anyway. So, I’ll go now.” Yuri said.

“Do you need someone to accompany you?” Wooyoung asked.

Yuri nodded. “Will you?”

Wooyoung smiled. “I’d be glad too…”

Wooyoung and Yuri walked quietly along the halls of Soshified. They just walked, no words came out from their mouths, and Yuri was simply hurt and sad.

“Wooyoung…can I ask something?” Yuri asked as they walked along the pitch dark hallways of Soshified.

“Sure…”

“What if the one you love loves someone else…what will you do? Will you fight for the person?” Yuri asked. “Even though it’s so wrong?”

“How can it be so wrong?” Wooyoung asked. “Well…If me…If I was to have a girlfriend…if she happens to love another person maybe I’d let her go and tell her to chase the one she really loves…Love shouldn’t make you suffer, Yul…Love is pure and fragile.” Wooyoung said. “Love shouldn’t make you feel burden or make you feel trapped, and maybe I could not have given her everything she needs so she feels less that’s why she fell out of love…so yeah…love should set you free.”

Yuri gulped. She stared over to the floor and she didn’t know what to say. The words moved her and touched her heart. It was so nice to hear and oh so innocent. “You know…I bet you would be a great boyfriend…I bet the girl you’ll someday love would be so lucky…”

Wooyoung smiled but it faded away immediately. I hope it’s you… He’s been in love with Yuri since last school year but he was just too scared to confess.

“So here I am…” Yuri said as they stop by a door. “Ladies wing…”

Wooyoung smiled. “Okay…Good night then…” He said as he bowed. He reached for Yuri’s hand and kissed it.

Yuri was totally moved. Wooyoung is a gentleman. He’s kind. He’s open minded. He sees everything in a positive way even though the situation isn’t good. “Good night…” Yuri said. “Can I ask something from you?”

"Anything for you..."

"Please...If you'll be my friend... pls...pls... pls...snatch the remaining pieces of my heart away..." Yuri was desperate.

Wooyoung didn't know what so say. Instead he smiled. "I'll do my best to give you what's best..." Wooyoung smiled. “Ahraso…I have to go.” Wooyoung walked away and Yuri just watched him go. She was slightly blushing and it was the first time someone treated her the way she wanted to be treated unlike Yoona who has been playing her all along. As Wooyoung disappeared in her vision, through the windows of Soshified, she searched by the quadrangle benches and Wooyoung was right. Yoona was with Taecyeon. They were laughing this time like having a fun night together. Yuri’s emotions were crushed again. Poor Yul…She’s grown tired of this… Ergh…I bet she’s flirting again…playing again…

 

“Hm…I guess…I just want to say I’m sorry…” Yoona said to Taecyeon. “Jinjja…I wanna change…I wanna be better…for someone…” Yoona said.

Taecyeon smiled, he nodded. “I can wait for you, Yoona…”

“Thanks… But Taec, don’t wait for me too long, I don’t want to burden you or make you suffer, this might take a long time. I cannot assure you that.” Yoona blurted as they watch the twinkling little stars scattered over the black satin sky.

Taecyeon didn’t know what to say. “Yoona…I’m willing to do this…It’s my choice…”

“Taec, you’re a great person. You’re kind, you’re loving, but I think I’m not the girl for you, I’m sorry if I played you…really, if there’s anything I could do just tell me. I promise if you’re so mad, I’ll do anything within my limits just for us to be friends…But…For now, I’m going to chase the person I love before it’s too late…”

Then there was silence.

Taecyeon just smiled. But his heart broke and tore into pieces. He really liked Yoona and Yoona finally seeing him the past few weeks, past few months, made him really happy but little did he know he was just being played and now Yoona wants to make things right. Right for the person who she loves.

“I better go back…my friends must be worried…” Yoona said. She stood up and ran back to the gym to look for Yuri.

Taecyeon sighed…Another heart break...

 Yoona went on rushing into the dance floor to the food counter for her friends. She looked at the time and it was almost nine in the evening.

“Ya…Shika…” Yoona called. “Have you seen Yuri??”

“YA!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?!” Hyoyeon asked furiously. “WE’VE BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER FOR YOU…”

“Ahnee…I just wanna make things right with Taecyeon…I said sorry to him for playing him…”

“HUH???” Everyone echoed.

“Are you sick???” Sunny asked, everyone was shock with what they just heard.

“No seriously…I'm setting things right” Yoona said. “ah…I need to go…I have to find someone…"

"What just happened?" Sooyoung commented as they watch Yoona ran off.

 

 

Yuri took off her shoes and she bare footedly walked inside her shared room with Sunny. She the air-condition and sat above her bed. She couldn’t help herself but think about what Wooyoung just told her. She took off the rubber band around her braided her and she unfolds each strands. Her hair was now curled and it beautifully lay down across her black and white dress. Finally, Yuri decided to wash the make-up off of her face, just as she entered the bathroom, she was stunned by the way she look.

“How come…someone like you…” Yuri said as she stares at herself. “Is being played? Don’t I deserve better…”

*tock tock tock*

Yuri heard someone knocked faintly, maybe it’s Sunny… Yuri went to get the door but to only find someone else. A doe eyed girl stood still, her long brown hair beautifully set, she was wearing a sheer cotton black dress that sparkled like thousands of crushed diamonds were sprinkled over and she was totally gorgeous.

“Ergh..Yoona…If this is one of your games…I’m sorry…I’m through…” Yuri said.

“Before you barge me with such things, can we at least talk?? Hear me out?” Yoona asked.

“What? About what Yoona??” Yuri asked. “Haven’t you gotten enough??”

Yoona was puzzled. What did I do this time??

“Yoong…I’m older than you..and I feel totally stupid…”

“Just hear me out…”

“Yoona…I’m tired of everything…I’m tired…you ditched me tonight and suddenly you’re here telling me things that are nice to my ears so that I can forgive you…then I’ll go on…and be played again…be moved by your actions?…Yoona…” Yuri was tearing up. “Yoona… I have feelings too…and it’s tiring that you drop hints on me but yet you’re not there to catch me…”

“Yul…I-“

“Yoona…stop. I’m also a human being…” Yuri said. Tears started to fall. “I guess…*sniff* I’m just a game that you play… no more than a game…”

“No…you’re not…Yul-”

“Don’t say anything…” Yuri bit her tongue to suppress her sobs. “I know…I’m just a game to you… you’re testing yourself that you can get anyone in just seconds of your rapturing fingers…I know the reason why you played me because I was hard to get…you looked at me as a challenge to you…am I right??”

Yoona didn’t answer. That part was true… But as her games go on with Yuri…Yoona felt different.

“Answer me…” Yuri said.

“Yes, but it’s not what you think…” Yoona protested.

“You admit it yourself too… Yoona do you know how much it hurts that in 10 minutes…you keep on telling me 10 minutes…I feel like a low life girl who doesn’t have dignity in herself… I maybe slow but it’s because since birth I was never in a relationship with anyone else…I want my firsts to be beautiful…my first kiss…my first date…my first moments…But no…my first kiss was with you, and it’s so messed up. It’s not how I wanted.” Yuri’s eyes were again red and sore. “Yoona…I’m tired of crying every single moment that I have with you, after seeing you or talking to you, I always end up crying…Dammit Yoona, I love you but it’s not how I wanted it to be…Love is not supposed to be this way…”

“Yuri…I love you too…”

“No, Yoona…you don’t know the meaning of love…” Yuri said. “I’ve tried my best to fix you, thinking maybe I could make you change…but yeah…hell did I think of that??? I’m being ambitious. To think that we are girls…I swallowed my pride about that…I’m straight…I used to be but I stepped on it for you…”

“Yuri….I’m sorry, what have I done…I promise if you give me a chance, I’ll fix this…”

Yuri shook her head. “No…Yoong…it’s too late to fix everything…everything is so messed up, I’m tired, I’ve reached my limits…I don’t want this kind of messed up relationship, I can’t accept this…”

Yoona suddenly hugged Yuri. “No…Please…give me another chance I promise to fix things up…I won’t mess it up this time.”

Yuri stood frozen. She didn’t respond to Yoona’s hug. Simply because she’s made up her mind. She’s done. Finish. “Yoona…” Yuri said. “I’m sorry…Maybe I’m not for you…”

“Unnie…Please…” It was the first time Yoona called Yuri unnie.

“I’m sorry…” Yuri said as she breaks off her hug. “Let’s just be friends…pretend like nothing happened…it’s for the best…let’s go to bed…it’s getting late…night…” Yuri closed the door and Yoona has nothing else to do but sobbed. Finally Yoona realized how stupid she was…She had it all…she had everything when she finally wanted and now…her chance just slipped off like that. It’s over…

If you think YoonYul are the ones who are having some dramatic scenes well…not really… Krystal and Sulli didn’t attend the dance but instead Sulli went out that evening. She was walking along a park near their school. She was alone and she was still wearing her red dress. How can a beautiful lady such as her be walking alone in the middle of the night? Sulli sighed as she sat over the swing and think things over.

Why am I even suffering like this?? Psshh…I’m a cheer dancer for goodness sake… I should be the one who makes people suffer…I’m on top of the hierarchy chain gawd… Sulli tilted her head as she slowly swings herself. I just wish she’ll be more nicer to me…I know she’s a nice person…Like Tiffany unnie said…Should I be patient? But…It’s been so long now and I’m treated badly…my pride’s stepped on…she bosses me around…aish…but I love her…it’s an enough reason for me to stay…but what am I martyr?? Aish…

Minutes have passed and suddenly… *PLOCK!*

Sulli touched her forehead… “Rain….”

Little amount of rain drops showered until it became heavy and Sulli was now soaking wet. Just like the rain her eyes started to tear up, she cried and joined the raining clouds. She didn’t want to cry but it was a perfect moment for her to do so.

“Let it rain….I deserve to be punished for being stupid…” Suddenly Sulli got surprised the rain stopped dripping onto her head but it was still raining. She looked up and there was a yellow umbrella above her. “What are you doing here?” Sulli said.

“Tsk…Look at you you’re all wet...” The girl who was wearing a white dress suddenly wrapped a huge blanket around Sulli. “Come on…let’s go back to school before you get sick…” She vigorously wiped Sulli’s face with the blanket using her free hand.

“I’m sick already…sick of being tortured by you…sick of being stupid for you…Soojung…I also have feelings…” Well yeah…Sulli is Yuri’s cousin alright, Does being tortured by love run in their genes???

“No Sulli…you’re not stupid…Come on, hunny…let’s go…” Krystal said with endearment as she touched and held Sulli’s hand. “How can someone beautiful as you look like this tonight…” Krystal mumbled loud enough so make Sulli hear. “Sulli…I’m sorry if I’ve treated you badly…I’m sorry if I’ve been such a jerk to step on you…I hope I’m not too late to fix us… Am I?”

Sulli just stared at the girl. “It would be a lie if I said no…”

“I’m really sorry, sweetie…” Krystal said as she hugs Sulli who was still sitting on the swing. “I promise to treat you well and treat you better…but please be patient with me…I may ignore you or be a snob to you at times…but pls. don’t give up on me…”

“Again it would be a lie to say no…” Sulli sighed. “I’m really stupid huh??”

“No…well… yes…” Krystal joked.

Sulli frowned.

“But you’re MY pabo…Thank you…I promise to try my best…” Krystal said as she cups Sulli’s face with her free hand.

“You should not try… do it. Do more than try…”

“I will…” Krystal smiled. Then she kissed Sulli’s nose. “Thank you, baby…” Then she hugged her again. “Let’s go…” She helped Sulli up.

It was the first time they started to call each other with endearments and both of them just went with the flow, they didn’t whine or rejected the endearment acknowledgements and instead both of them decided to call each other such names. They didn’t talk about it or agreed to it but it just came out from their feelings and out of their mouths, and so they went with the movement of their unexplainable relationship. They knew they were best friend but they felt like they are more than being best friends, they don’t want to be frank about how they feel but it doesn’t matter to them whatever it is that they feel as long as their together and nothing else could separates them. They know they love each other but it stresses them if they sort out their feelings for they were in the middle of being best friends and being lovers. So they didn’t mind what type of love they feel as long as there’s love. It’s enough.

“How did you know I was here?” Sulli asked as she held on to the fluffy blanket around her.

“I just felt it…I don’t know…I just know you’re around here somewhere, I’ve been looking all over for you for like hours now…” Krystal said, she was holding the yellow umbrella. “You know…I like rain…” Krystal finally said. “I’m like Jessica… we love rain…than sun…” She smiled as she opens her palm and reached out to the open space. “It’s cold…it’s wet…it’s nice than feeling hot and scorched. Rain makes me feel cozy, and cozy to me is how I feel safe, peace, and serenity…”

“Really??” Sulli asked. "What are we?? A Korean Drama series??"

“No no...but seriously...I have a lot of wonderful memories in rain… my mom also loves rain…we used to walk when it rains, along with my sister Jessica” Krystal smiled. “And now…I’m having another wonderful memory under the rain because I’m walking beside someone special to me…”

Sulli suddenly smiled. She blushed.

“I really promise to do my best Sulli…but please be patient with me…”

“I will…even if it takes me forever…”

 

~~~~~~~~~

“Thanks by the way…for teaching us earlier…” Jessica chuckled as she drops by the food table that was by the way empty and foodless. “You’ll be a great chef…” Jessica blurted. Tiffany was standing beside Jessica and all she could feel was endless jealousy starting from the beginning of the dance. Seung-ri was also out of place like Tiffany.

Heechul smiled. “Thank you…”

“And thank you for the cake last time…it was totally beautiful…” Jessica said. “My friends saw it haha…you were good…”

Tiffany smiled and nodded. “Yes…It was beautiful…” Tiffany was so jealous because she remembered the cake was totally drawn by just using cocoa dust. It was incredible…and sweet…and heart moving…and heart pounding…and heart melting. ERGH! Tiffany thought.

“Thank you for becoming my inspiration…”

Jessica smiled. The ice princess totally melted. “It would be my honor anyway…Thank you…”

“I’m sorry if I couldn’t give anything memorable for you tonight.”

“Psshhh….What you taught us earlier is memorable…” Jessica said awkwardly.

Heechul smiled. Then there was an awkward silence.

“Uhm…I heard there’s extra tarts by the kitchen….” Seungri said. He was looking for an escape path.

“Really? I want some…” Tiffany lied. She also wanted to escape. She doesn’t want to see Jessica be sweet and all with someone else but her.

“Let’s go then?” Seungri smiled.

Tiffany nodded showing her eyes smile, and then they immediately left.

Then another awkward silence came…

“Hey uhm…” Both of them said together.

“You first.” Heechul said.

“I was just going to excuse myself and go back to my friends…I bet they’re looking for me now and also Tiffany…” Jessica said.

“Oh…okay…” Heechul smiled.

Jessica waved goodbye and walked off. Heechul sighed. He didn’t get the chance to ask Jessica his question. Suddenly Jessica stopped in the middle of the gym. “Chul…” she called out. “What were you going to ask me??”

Heechul was surprised. He became speechless and he didn’t know what to say. It was the first time someone called him “Chul” too.

Jessica giggled. “A Saturday night movie sounds great…bye!” The Jessica marched out of the gym.

Heechul smiled and chuckled. He shook his head and he was happy.

 

Just as the night got deeper everyone became tired from the dance and it was already 12 midnight. Tiffany and Seungri went to the kitchen to really get some food. Both of them went into the baking lab. Since Seungri also bakes and he is one of the students who made the food, he has the authority to go to the kitchen to check up on everything.

“Glad we escaped…” Seungri said.

“Yeah…” Tiffany sighed and her expressions changed. She became hurt and glum.

“Are you okay?” Seungri asked as he took out a pint of Double Dutch ice cream.

Tiffany nodded. She sat by the stool high chairs inside the kitchen and rested her hands by the table.

Seungri smiled. “You know… the trick to a sad heart is… ice cream…” He scooped Tiffany a small amount of double dutch ice cream and placed it in a small tart crust. He sliced a piece of strawberry and garnished the simple treat like a pro.

“wow…” Tiffany smiled. “Kahmsamnida…”

“No prob…” Seungri said. “You know I never once talked to you…but I’m thankful that I’m given this chance to talk to you…I’ve always wanted to talk to you ever since but every time I see you alone, you seemed occupied and you always look sad…I always watch you from afar though…sorry does it sound like I’m stalking you? Haha…”

Tiffany smiled beautifully. Her eyes became bright again. “Jinjja? No wonder I always see you around. I know you, you’re always with Heechul who by the way is now close with Sica…” There was a bitter tone. “But yes…I never had the chance to talk to you too…I’m happy that we’ve talked…and it doesn’t matter…”

“Hmm…hearing your statement… are you okay with Jessica?”

“Yes but…it’s complicated…you know…I was a loner…I’m just invisible to everyone but hey…thank you…I never thought someone would watch me from afar…thank you…”

“Psshh…I’m more invisible than you…I don’t roam around much unlike Heechul and Nickhun, and I’m not on top of the chain either so I’m at the bottom…I’m just the school’s pastry, music club member and dance troop…” Seungri said. “And, you’ve honestly changed…before you used to be shy, you were different, you looked simple but now haha…I almost didn’t recognized you…but hey you look beautiful even before…I want you to know that.”

Tiffany smiled again. “Kahmsamnida…it’s Jessica who helped me out...But thanks…I’m really touched, I never knew all these time the reason why I always see you everywhere was you just wanted to talk to me. Haha…Don’t worry I don’t bite…”

“The reason why I like you is because you’re different from other girls who are on the top chain. You’re nice, you’re kind…you’re different…I like different.”

Tiffany laughed. “Because you’re also different….”

 

Just as Tiffany found a new friend, SeoBaby and Yonghwa…The erm…Keroro Couple were actually having a late night coffee at a coffee shop just near the Seoul shopping district. They were laughing and having fun and all they were talking about all day was… guess what??? (-..-) Ahraso… KERORO… KERORO… and nothing but KERORO… They talked about the episodes of KERORO… They were spazzing Keroro…

“You know…If I’d be president…” Seohyun said. Finally a new topic to discuss and not Keroro. “I will choose to become the President and founder of Keroro fans club…” Seohyun giggled. Oh well…Just as we thought huh?? Yeah… Still Keroro.

“Wow…you’re never ending love with Keroro is…super…” Yonghwa laughed. She finds Seohyun cute about her love for Keroro. “Now I know what to give you then…”

“Hey…thanks for being with me today. I had so much fun…” Seohyun smiled.

“Nah…it was nothing…I find it charming though…”

“Charming??” Seohyun asked.

“I mean, I find your love for Keroro charming…” Yonghwa said.

“Ahhh….anyways…” Seohyun suddenly remembered her cellphone. “OMO…” She quickly opened her bag and took out her phone. OMG… 25 miscalls from Yuri, 20 miscalls from Hyoyeon, 10 miscalls from Sooyoung, 15 miscalls from Jessica, 18 miscalls from Sunny, 13 miscalls from Taeyeon, 8 miscalls from Yoona, and 9 miscalls from Tiffany. Then there were several text messages from everyone.

The messages were:

“Where are you?”

“Ya…answer…we’re worried…”

“SEO JOOHYUN WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!!?!” (this was from hellsica)

“Baby-ah!!! Answer!!”

“Seohyun…ya…”

“Ya….”

“We’re worried now….”

“Please pick up… please answer…”

 

“OH MY GAWD…” Seohyun suddenly stood up. “I need to go… my angry unnies are so going to kill me…they just texted me and omg…I’m so dead…”

“Oh…Let’s go back to school together then…”

“Ahraso…”

 

~1:20 am SooYoongSeo dorm~

“SEO JOOHYUN!!! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!” Hellsica asked. “You got us all worried. Look at the time!! What time is it now?!”

“Unnie…miahne…” Seohyun said as she hugs her paper bag full of Keroro.

“Ya…” Yoona scolded. “Tsk…Joohyun ahh…you ditched home coming for Keroro…”

“And who was that guy??” Taeyeon over protectively asked. “Huh??? And now you’re dating behind our backs?? Jinjja…and here just as we thought you were innocent…”

“I am unnie… I just met him at Keroro store, he was actually working there for his part time job, and he also works as bar tender three times a week at Timber House then he asked me to go on a walk with him since we were both not going to home coming dance, he was also a Keroro fan and what we just did was talk about Keroro the whole afternoon, about the episodes of Keroro about our favorite parts and unforgettable scenes and nothing more, I don’t think it’s a huge issue unnie because I know deep down we weren’t doing anything bad or anything wrong, so we just talked and we became good friends…I know the only thing that I did wrong was that I didn’t tell you, that I skipped home coming dance, wasn’t able to reply to your calls and text message because I was too occupied by spazzing Keroro with Yonghwa and just bought all of these great Keroro items instead of buying a dress for home coming dance, and besides that there’s nothing else. I’m sorry unnie…It won’t happen again.” The Seohyun babbled in her most detailed way of explaining… Yeah…Seohyun’s way.

Her unnies didn’t know what to say…Seohyun already said everything.

“Aish…” Sunny said. “Is that all that you wanted to say?”

Seohyun nodded obediently.

“Ahraso…go to your other unnies tomorrow first thing in the morning and apologize to them…” Jessica ordered.

Seohyun nodded again. “Miahne unnies…”

Everyone nodded. “But!! Seohyun…we want to know who this Yonghwa guy is huh??” Sooyoung said.

Seohyun nodded for the last time. “Okay, unnie…I could text him now that you want to meet him sometime soon…”

“WOW… now you’re textmates…aigoo…my head is aching…I should go back to sleep…” Jessica said.

“Let’s go…” Sunny said.

“we’ll talk tomorrow… we’re not finished yet.” Taeyeon said.

 

~JungLi Dorm 3:00AM~

Krystal woke up in the middle of the morning…It was 3:00 am and she saw it clearly in her alarm clock. She felt scared because it was a known omen that waking up three in the morning is a bad sign. There could be a spirit or something that maybe is looking at her while she was sleeping or what. She glanced onto the other bed where Sulli was sleeping peacefully. She wanted to wake Sulli because she was scared.

Krystal hid under her covers… Her heart started to race and she felt totally scared. She tried to sleep and she couldn’t anymore. Beads of sweat started to form along her forehead and she felt anxious. 3:10…3:15AM…suddenly…

Tok….tok…..tok…..

Sh*t… Krystal hid again under her covers. She heard someone knocking on their door. She shut her eyes and she was very scared. The light inside their room was already closed and it was totally dark.

Tok….tok…..tok…..

Krystal didn’t know what to do… what she did was she went to Sulli’s bed and hugged her. Sulli was sleeping peacefully but just as Krystal touched her skin. Sulli was burning hot. “Oh my gohd…” Krystal shrieked. “Sulli…” She whispered as she holds her best friend’s forehead to check on her. “You’re hot…I mean literally burning hot…I know you’re hot…but wait…” Krystal opened the lights in their room and Sulli woke up. Krystal’s fear were gone and she was totally worried.

“Mmm???” Sulli mumbled. “Oh…My head is aching…”

Tok….tok…..tok…..

Damn door… who is this… Krystal bravely opened the door and outside…Beak and Minho was standing.

Krystal’s jaws dropped open. “What the hell?!?!?!!?” Krystal pulled the boys into the room before someone sees them. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! DO YOU WANT TO GET IN TROUBLE…NO BOYS ALLOWED…”

“Ya…we got worried we didn’t see you two in home coming…” Beak said. They were in their matching pajamas. Keke!

“It’s because Sulli is sick…” Krystal said as she placed her pillow onto Sulli’s bed. She doubled the height of Sulli’s pillow. Doesn’t matter if she sleeps without any pillow for the night at least Sulli is comfortable.

“Tsk! There’s a med. Kit in every room…” Minho said. He went to the bathroom and opened the mirror cabinet. There inside was a medicine kit. He opened it and took out a medicine. Krystal took the medicine from Minho and she assisted Sulli to drink it.

“Baby…come on…” Krystal said worriedly.

Sulli shook her head. “Ahnee…I don’t want medicine…”

“You have too…” Krystal persuaded. “Come on…one gulp…”

Sulli shook her head. She hated medicines.

“I know, Baek, let’s go to our house and get some stuff for Sulli.” Minho said. “We’ll get pillows thicker blankets and compressors.”

Krystal nodded. “Okay, sounds good, and don’t come back anymore, we’ll just meet tomorrow morning… before anything happens to us. We are so dead if we get caught that you are in our dorm.”

Minho and Baek nodded.

“Go on safely, run if you want, be safe. Don’t let anyone catch you…” Krystal said.

Just as Beak and Minho left, Krystal went back to persuade Sulli to drink the medicine.

“Come on… for me…pls???” Krystal asked as she holds the medicine and a glass of water. “You’ll do anything for me right?”

Sulli’s tired and sick eyes looked at Krystal. Finally, she took the medicine. Krystal placed the glass of water away and grabbed her blanket from her bed. She went to adjust the air-condition’s temperature and lowered the cold into a slightly warm atmosphere.

“Stal…” Sulli’s hoarse voice said. “Don’t leave me…”

“I won’t…” Krystal said as she scooted beside the sick girl. She covered Sulli with her blanket and she wrapped an arm around the girl. “You’ll be okay…I’ll take care of you…” Krystal kissed Sulli’s forehead. “Now, you should rest…Sleep.”

 

 

Avoiding my Sweet Heart

 

So this is my last update, I will be back in two weeks time :) Wish me luck!!! :>

I made this chapter really long, hope you enjoyed...