Prequel 09: Avoiding my Sweet Heart

Cotton Candy Cafe, A Chocolate Love Series(HIATUS)

Avoiding my sweet heart

Couple Guests: YoonYul

“Sulli…” Krystal said as she feeds Sulli some porridge. It was seven thirty in the morning and classes will start in thirty minutes. Krystal didn’t mind if she was late and still haven’t got her breakfast but all she needs to do is make an extra special care for Sulli after everything that happened last night.

Halfway to emptying the bowl of porridge Sulli shook her head, she was feeling really sick and she wanted to vomit. “Okay okay…” Krystal puts away the bowl and went to prepare the medicine. “Okay, Sulli-ah…” Krystal said lovingly. “I know you hate medicines but you got to take this baby…”

“Ermm…” Sulli squirmed and she hid under her covers.

“Ya…” Krystal stood with a straight face looking down on Sulli who was hiding under the thick blanket that Minho brought. “Come on hun…” Krystal lightly pulled the covers up. “Come on…” She said impatiently. “How do you expect to feel better??”

“Ergh…” Sulli squirmed.

*tok tok tok*

Krystal placed the medicine down by the side table and went to get the door. There were bunch of tall ladies who were standing outside and Krystal welcomed them warmly. “Unnies!” She called.

Yuri was the first to come in and the rest followed, everyone was present except for Yoona. Yuri used the back of her palm to check on Sulli’s temperature. “Oh dear…have you drink your medicine?”

Krystal grunted. “She doesn’t want medicines…”

“Aish…” Yuri sighed. “You should take it…listen to Krystal for once…she’s taking care of you here…don’t be hard headed.”

“Where were you two last night anyway?” Jessica asked.

Krystal and Sulli were surprised. Of course they can’t tell that they had a little drama last night. “Well…” Sulli said in her hoarse voice. “We ditched the dance…”

“We noticed…” Hyoyeon said. “Why?”

“Where’d you go?” Seohyun asked.

“Auh…coffee shop…chat…then rain got us and Sulli whose weak immune system didn’t take it got a virus…”

“Aish…You shouldn’t have walked under the rain…” Sooyoung said.

“Hmm…” Taeyeon cupped the thermos with her palms. “The water inside this thermos is getting warm…later after class we’ll being hot water. Okay?”

Sulli and Krystal nodded.

“Do you have anything else that you need? Compressor?” Tiffany asked.

“Minho and Baek brought compressor early this morning…” Krystal said.

“How early are we talking about?” Sunny interrogated.

“Around 5??” Krystal answered as she stares into her cellphone.

“You know, I really don’t know who this Baek and Minho is…” Yuri commented.

“Don’t…even think about knowing them… psshh…” Krystal shrugged.

Suddenly someone knocked. “It’s me!” The person said.

“Come in.” Sooyoung answered.

Yoona walked in she was holding some mint vapor rub and fresh towel plus alcohol. “Hey there, Sulli…” Yuri who was sitting by the edge of Sulli’s bed felt uncomfortable as Yoona walks near. “Scoot a little…” Yoona snobbishly said to Yuri as she flips her long light brown hair. It was as if she hated Yuri and doesn’t care for her. “I brought this mint vapor rub. Krystal, rub this on her chest, back, head, and under her nose to help her breathe since she’s having runny nose. Then fresh towels, wet this then put alcohol to clean her twice a day.”

Krystal nodded as she accepts the vapor rub, alcohol, and towel.

“We’ll check up on you after classes, though I have to tutor physics later…but yeah, I’ll try.” Yoona said as she massages Sulli’s feet. “Okay??”

“Tutor physics??” Everyone asked. Everyone was surprised. Yoona?? A tutor?? In physics??

Sooyoung nodded. “Yeah, she’s a good girl now. She tutors with me. She handles Physics, Math, and Biology. Just like how I handle Physics, English, and History&Culture.”

Everyone was totally shocked especially Yuri. Is Yoona really changing for good? Studying wasn’t really Yoona’s thing but Yoona is a smart girl, she doesn’t study but still she passes her quizzes and exams with B and B-. Yoona doesn’t put much effort on studying because all she does was the squad and date men and women every week and every month. If Yoona manages to pass without studying what more if she puts in all her efforts?

“Anyways, we better get going…” Yoona said as she stops massaging Sulli’s feet.

Sulli and Krystal smiled. “Thanks unnies for dropping by.” Sulli said.

Sunny checked her watch. “Okay, let’s go for class…See ya later!”

Just as the unnies left Krystal seriously stared back to Sulli. “Hear that?? Drink it!”

Sulli frowned and forcefully drink the medicine. “Aren’t you going to class?” She asked.

Krystal shook her head. “No…I’m staying…I’m going to take care of you the whole day…” She smiled as she scooted next to Sulli.

“It’s boring…what are we going to do?” Sulli asked.

“Watch movies? Minho brought his laptop and hard drive…maybe we could browse some movies…”

“Disney! Minho has a lot of Disney movies in his HD!” Sulli excitingly said.

“Tinkerbelle?? Does he have it?” Krystal asked.

Sulli nodded excitingly. “YEY!!!”

 

~Yoona~

Whew…Goodness…Today was a tough day. I am now walking with Sooyoung going to the Library Tutorial Section to offer free tutorial for students who are having a hard time with their subjects. The librarian was happy to welcome me as one of the newest tutor in the Library. Well…let’s try my luck this time. I want to start a new life, a new me, I want to give myself a chance and see how far I can go…and finally move on with my past and forget some people who truly hurt me and doubted me. It’s been a day and I am not planning to talk to Yuri ever again. I guess she was right. It is better move on and part our ways. It is better without each other and I am happy with my own and our friends. Though she’s part of our clique but whatever…there’s still seven more members to go with.

Sooyoung and I sat together next to the shelves of books. The library was quiet as usual and while waiting for some students to arrive we decided to do our homework together. Sooyoung is quite slow in Chemistry and yes, to tell the truth I find it hard too, so we need to brain storm.

“We need to balance it Soo…” I said.

“Okay…if NaOH+ H2SO4…that’s…”

“Na2SO4+…”

“Wait…yes you’re right…Na2SO4+H2O!!”  Sooyoung happily said. “Oh yeah!! Boom!! One down!!”

“And…24 more questions to balance!!”

Sooyoung groaned in frustration. “To think it was easy because it’s number one…”

While we do our homework my eyes were pinned on my notes, on my peripheral view I sensed someone standing next to me. I stopped and looked up.

“Hi…”

“Hey…”

Sooyoung also stopped from answering to see who I was talking too. “Oh Taecyeon.” Sooyoung smiled.

“Hi…Uhm…I need a tutor for physics…” Taecyeon said.

Sooyoung laughed. “I don’t tutor much in Physics anymore. Yoona’s free.”

I nodded. But I felt slightly embarrassed for I dump this guy last night. Ergh…

“Oh…uhm…” Taecyeon doesn’t have much of a choice but to take me or leave me. He needs someone to teach him, its fine with me. Let’s be professional shall we?

“What seems to be your concern in Physics?” I started.

Sooyoung suddenly grabbed her things. “I’ll move to another table, my students are here…” Sooyoung waved to another girl who seemed to be Nicole and next to her was Hara. Then they settled to the table parallel to us.

“Uhm…” Taecyeon showed me his notes from class.

“Oh…our lesson…okay…” I took out a piece of paper, moved my calculator close to me, and of course my pen. “Okay…let me explain to you first the formulas. F=ma, F is force, M is mass, a is acceleration. Always remember multiply mass and acceleration the answer is the unit of force.”

Time started to fly as I tutor Taecyeon with Physics. I was happy that he was getting what I was explaining to him and he wasn’t much of a problem. “You know you’re smart…you immediately got my explanation.”

Taecyeon smiled. “I really hate classroom settings. One on one is more effective to me…Will you tutor me again?”

I nodded with a smile. “Yes, of course. Why not?”

“Nothing…” Taecyeon said as he smiled.

“Hey, listen…Sorry about last night…” I said blushing.

“It’s okay…I can’t force you to like me if you don’t really like me…”

I smiled. “I’m really sorry…truly…”

“It’s okay. But I hope we could be friends?”

“Friends…is nice.” I said. “Ahrasso. We’re done.” I said as I close my notes.

Taecyeon stood up and held his notebook. “Thank you. See you again soon!”

“Bye!” I smiled as I waved to him.

 

~Dorm… YoonSooRi Scene~

“Yoona…” I said to a doe eyed girl who was busy solving our Chemistry assignment. It was new to see her in lose T-shirt and pajamas because usually she’s in cheer dance uniform even though it’s break time. She sat on the floor and she used the bed as her table. She was wearing her eye glasses again and our books and notebooks were sprawled over the floor. There were pieces of papers everywhere for her scratch and solving use and she were busy pressing her scientific calculator. “Are you coming for dinner?”

Yoona shook her head. “I’m busy…I’m not planning to eat dinner…”

I sighed. I know this is about Yuri. Yoona didn’t join us for lunch earlier too because she said she’s busy doing our Biology research but I have a feeling she’s avoiding Yuri.

“Again?...I’m worried now…I’ll bring you dinner instead. Okay?” I said.

Yoona nodded as she busily taps her calculator.

“I’ll go now okay?” I said.

She nodded without even turning her head for me. I left and closed the door behind. Just as I walked the 3rd yr. dorm floor someone caught up with me.

“Hi.” The girl smiled.

“Yuri.” I said shockingly.

“What’s wrong? It’s like you saw a ghost or something.”

“Nothing…” I said to her. “Auh? Can I ask you something?” I finally started my concern as we walked down the stairs going to the ladies lounge and out to the ladies wing.

“Sure, what’s that?” Yuri answered comfortably and confidently as she sways her long ominous hair.

“What happened to you and Yoona??” I asked.

Yuri’s expression suddenly changed. She pursed her lips and it seems like she didn’t know what to answer me. “Nothing…” She lied.

“I know you’re lying…” I said. “You can just tell to me straightly that it’s not my business…you don’t have to lie to me and tell me it’s nothing…”

“It’s true…Where is she anyway??” Yuri asked.

“In our dorm…”

“She’s not coming to dinner?”

“No. She’s busy…”

“Busy??”

“Doing homework…”

Yuri sighed. It’s all my fault Yoona’s acting this way. I mean it’s okay if she’s changing but avoiding us because of me. It’s my fault… “I should talk to her…”

Yuri was about to turn when I suddenly grabbed her wrist. “No, she doesn’t want to be disturbed…She’s studying too you know…” I said.

Yuri sighed and nodded.

“Can’t you two just talk?”

“Talking can’t resolve the damage…it’s just complicated and all we needed is space…It’s good to see that she’s changing into someone better…”

I sighed. “Yeah…I know she’s getting better. I can see it…I hope it becomes better with the two of you…”

 

~Yoona~

Thirty minutes have passed and I’m still half way of my work. This assignment is due two days from now but I’m just too energized to do it. My mind wanted to continue but my body wants to stop.

*groowll….*

I’m hungry… I searched for my phone and dialed for Sooyoung.

 

*riing….riiingg…*

“Yabuseo?” Sooyoung answered she was munching and chewing.

“Sooyoung…” I whimpered. “I’m hungry…”

“Awe…Baby-ah…Don’t worry, I’m about to finish. I’ll be there soon.” Sooyoung said.

“Yeheeey!!”

“Is that Yoona?” A voice said and I know it was Hyoyeon.

“Yeah…” Sooyoung answered.

“Ya!! Yoona!! Why didn’t you come to dinner??” Sunny asked in her aegyo tone.

“Am I on loud speaker??” I asked.

“NEHH!!” My friends answered in unison. I heard everyone’s voice except for someone…Yuri.

“Sorry, I’m just busy with homeworks…it’s too many…” I said. But it wasn’t really many. Just a couple.

“Awe…I miss you Yoongie!!” Jessica cooed.

“Ya…I haven’t seen you…” Tiffany said. “Like all day.”

I suddenly laughed. “Haha…I’m okay. Anyways, I’ll go check on Sulli and Krystal. Okay?? Bye!!” I suddenly hanged up and didn’t give my friends a chance to talk. Which is great, and I am honestly happy now that I feel free, feel new, and without thinking Yuri or what so ever things that hurts me. I’m okay. I’m fine.

I stood up and went down to visit Sulli and Krystal.

 

~JungLi Dorm, Sulli POV~

I twisted and turned as I woke up. Aish…I’m still burning hot…When will this fever leave me? I turned and found Krystal sleeping beside me. Her arm was around my waist and she was sleeping deeply. I watch her sleep and she sure looked tired from taking care of me the whole day. It was already 7:30 in the evening and she hasn’t eaten dinner yet. She only ate lunch throughout the day.

“Krystal…” I whispered as I gently brush her face. “Stal…” I said. “Ya…baby-ah…”

Krystal gently fluttered her eyes open then she stretched. “Hmm???” She opened her eyes when abruptly she froze. “OMO! What time is it?? You need to eat and drink your medicine!! Sh*t!!” She immediately stood up but I wrapped my arms around her waist to slam her back to bed.

“TSK! Sulli, let me go…I need to get your dinner.”

“Stal…I’m fine…you don’t need to fuzz about me…” I said.

“No…You need to eat so you could regain your strength and have medicine…”

I frowned. “The way you treat me would make me sicker than I am now…” I lightly unfastened my arms around her waist.

“Good. I’ll be back…” She said as she kissed my nose. She stood up and slipped on her slippers. “I’ll be back alright?”

I nodded as I watch Krystal open the door. “Oh? Unnie!” Krystal said in a shocking tone as she placed her hand above her chest.

“Hi!!” Yoona unnie smiled as she came in.

“Good! Unnie’s here. You have someone to accompany you while I’m gone.”

“Where are you going?” Yoona unnie asked.

“Get her food. I’ll be back!” Krystal said as she left.

“Oh…” Yoona unnie closed the door and came to sit by my foot side. “How are you feeling?” she asked.

“I’m okay.” I answered.

“Hmm…You know…the way Krystal takes care of you…I can say she really loves you…”

I smiled. “I know….”

“So…” Yoona unnie said as she adjusts my foot over to her lap and she started massaging it. “What you should do is…never let go of her. Okay? Cherish her…don’t put her to waste. Make her feel you appreciate her a lot even though she’s bi-polar.”

I tilted my head. “Unnie…is this all about you and Yuri unnie?”

Yoona unnie smiled forcefully. “Ahnee…I’m just saying this to you…Krystal has changed by the way, before she used to be grumpy and cranky…”

“Psshh…she’s still bi-polar unnie…I’m just sick that’s all…”

“Ahneeyo…” Yoona unnie said. “I can see it…so if I were you, don’t make the same mistake that I did.”

“So, it is about you and Yuri unnie…”

Yoona unnie just smiled. “Aish…How are you feeling now?”

Oh…Unnie changed the topic. “I’m okay…I guess??”

Yoona unnie stood up. She grabbed the fresh towel she brought this morning, the dry one of course. She went to the bathroom and I heard some water pouring. After a while she came out with a small basin in her hand. She squeezed the water out of the towel and poured alcohol to it. She gently took my arm and she was now wiping my skin clean.

*tok tok tok*

“Come in…” Yoona said.

The door opened. It was Taeyeon, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Jessica, Yuri, Tiffany, and Seohyun unnie. They came in to visit me again.

“Heya.” Taeyeon said.

“Hi.” I smiled while I was being wiped clean by Yoona unnie.

“How are you feeling?” Yuri unnie asked. She was hesitant to come near me because of Yoona unnie.

“I’m fine.” I said.

Yuri unnie finally decided to come near me and check on my temperature. I felt Yoona unnie slightly slowed down and stopped wiping my hand.

“Yoona. Your food is in our dorm by the way.” Sooyoung said.

Yoona unnie snapped and smiled. “Oh…thanks Sooyoung.”

“Unnie, why don’t you eat first?” I asked. I could feel that Sooyoung unnie were saving Yoona unnie, she was creating a reason for Yoona unnie to leave so she couldn’t see Yuri unnie and feel hurt anymore. The mere presence of my cousin is totally killing her. I can see it.

Yoona unnie nodded and smiled. She quickly soaked the towel again in the water and squeezed it out. She poured alcohol once more and coldly without even looking and creating eye contact she gave Yuri unnie the towel. “Here, since you’re near and you’re her cousin, wipe her body in at least 2 minutes. No more, no less, before she gets cold…” Yoona looked back to me again without even looking at Yuri unnie. As if she wasn’t there and she didn’t exist. “When Krystal comes back, eat lots of food and drink plenty of liquids, and drink your medicine, Ahraso??”

I nodded as I smiled. “Neh unnie!” I giggled.

“Bye!!” She lightly squeezed my foot before joining her friends who chatted with her a little, I couldn’t hear their words, and I think they were whispering, it was inaudible. I watch Yuri unnie quickly wiped me with her painful expressions. She was feeling troubled and heavy, I could see it in her eyes and she felt hurt. Most of her expression was about being hurt and in pain.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunny Honey

Couple Guest: YoonYul

Dedicated to Phibster12, my loving dongseng -ah!! :D