What happened that day...

Please hold my hand :)

 

The alarm clock rang and it's now 7:00AM. Hyoyeon was sleeping soundly until it went off waking her up. A thought came to her—

‘Aish! I need to go to school again. I don’t know what will I feel when I arrive there. I am sure that I’ll be alone.’

Hyoyeon lazily stood up and went downstairs towards the kitchen to eat her breakfast. There she saw her sister eating a cup of noodles.

“Good morning unnie”, Hyoyeon greeted her older sister.

“Good Morning Hyoyeon, Why do you look so sad? Are you okay?” Soeun asked her little sister.

“I’m fine unnie but the thing is that I feel anxious about going to school again. It’s been a long time that I interacted with a lot of people since our parents died.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Don’t be anxious about today. We’re going to be okay and besides, we need to finish school for our parents, right?” Soeun said as she patted her sister’s back.

“You’re right and our parents will surely be happy if we finish school.” Hyoyeon said as she gave her older sister a big smile.

“You’re absolutely right but now here is your cup of noodles. Eat it before it gets cold and go prepare yourself for school. I’ll wait for you in the car.” Soeun smiled back as she gave her a cup of noodles.

As soon as Hyoyeon is done with her food, she took a shower and changed her clothes.

Hyoyeon then ran towards to the car that was given to her sister by her parents for Soeun’s 20th birthday.

While Soeun is driving, a sudden flashback came to Hyoyeon—

—Flashback—

“Dad, you’re so funny. I can’t stop laughing.”Hyoyeon happily said to her father while she was shaking her father’s shoulders.

“Hyoyeon, I know it’s funny but could you please stop shaking my shoulders. We might get into an accident.”Her Dad seriously warned her.

“Sorry Dad but I can’t control myself.”Hyoyeon replied.

“Hyoyeon, please just stop.” He said it and then he gave her daughter a sudden glare that is seated on the back seat.

“Daaaaddd! Loook Oouut!” Soeun suddenly yelled.

….after a few hours….

“Where am I? I don’t know this place.” Hyoyeon asked the person in front of her.

“Miss, you’re in a hospital due to the accident that happened to you few hours ago. Your body is fine and gladly, you just got minor cuts and bruises due to the impact when you hit the truck.” The nurse answered.

“Where is my family? I want to see them.”Hyoyeon inquisitively asked her.

“I’m really sad to say but your parents didn’t survive the accident due to the great damage caused by the collision. I’m really sorry Miss.” The nurse replied with her head down.

“What? You’re lying right? I know you’re lying. Stop saying these stupid jokes. We were just having fun together and then you’re saying their gone?” Hyoyeon gave her a smirk but her tears began to start to drop. She tried to stop it but she can’t so she ran and started to look at the other patients hoping that maybe she’ll find her family. She found someone and it was her sister, Soeun. She hugged her sister tightly and cried. Her sister comforted her saying everything will be fine.

After their parents’ funeral, Hyoyeon showed signs of great shock. Her eyes are always blank and there is no emotion is present except fear. After a few months, Hyoyeon’s normal self came back but she still shows signs of trauma. She decided that she’ll not be going to school until she’s ready. She then spends her time watching TV shows about dancing and she started to practice dance routines. Her social life was deeply damage for she never spoke to anyone except her sister.

—End of flashback—

Hyoyeon’s tears started to form but she manage to stop it before it flow.

“Are you okay Hyoyeon?” Soeun asked her teary eyed sister.

“Yes unnie, I just remembered something.” Hyoyeon tried to fake a smile.

When they arrived at the Seoul National University (A/N: their parents already saved money for their education), the two sisters gave each other a smile and then they proceeded to the main office to get their classes.

“Hyoyeon, just text me if you’re done with classes okay? We’ll meet here.”Soeun reminded her sister.

“Okay unnie, I understand. Bye!” Hyoyeon then gave her older sister a big hug.

When Hyoyeon got her list of classes, she learned that she only have two classes today.

The school bell unexpectedly rang so Hyoyeon started to run to find her new class. When she arrived there, she was very exhausted but she managed to calm herself. She saw a lot of people and because she was in her freshmen year in college, she saw the students introducing themselves. She felt anxious especially when her turn came. Everyone was intently looking at her. Then she started to introduce herself—

“M-My Nam-e is Hy-yo-yeon.” She anxiously stuttered.

Then she took an empty seat located at the back. She felt someone watching her and it was her seatmate, a guy wearing a white v-neck and a black leather jacket. She just ignored him throughout the whole class but when the class ended and she was about to step out of the classroom, someone took a grip of her wrist. She glanced back and it was the same guy.

“I’m sorry if I scared you before. I would like to personally introduce myself to you. My name is Lee Junho and I want to be your friend.”He said and then he extended his hand for a hand shake.

Hyoyeon shyly shook it. “I’m Hyoyeon. Sorry but I’m in a hurry because I'll be late for my next class.” She then ran her to her so called next class even though her next class is 30 minutes away.

Junho wasn’t able to catch her so he just took off for his next class. 

Hyoyeon was glad that her first day ended fine but she felt so bad that she ignored the guy, Junho.

“Hyoyeon-ah, I’m right here!” Her sister shouted.

She waved to her unnie as she ran towards her.

“How’s the first day?” Soeun asked Hyoyeon.

“It is fine, nothing special” Hyoyeon replied.

‘Nothing special…except that guy I ignored… ’Hyoyeon lightly patted her head.