Chapter 8

The Heart never Forgets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

The Heart never Forgets

 

 

 

Staring at the plane ticket from Busan to Seoul- back and forth. Sungmin decided to just throw it away.



It's Thursday today. The only day he asked Kyuhyun to spare time with him, in helping him getting to know himself but he's afraid he can't make it. -No, he really couldn't make it.
 


There are a lot of things he wants to do today. To where they're going- it's pretty planned. Kyuhyun said the only thing he has to do is prepare himself. Desperate, without knowing where to go and what to do he just said yes. 
 

He needs to know himself and his past, but as a responsible Man, he can't leave his wife in that situation. He looked at her once again before leaving the room, remembering what his Mom told him that day. 
 


It was Some time after Valentine's day last year when he saw his Mom inside their company and called him. He was just dropping by that time to say hi while he's on his way to pick up Sandeul, when a bad news came..



"So how are you?" her mom asked settling in her chair inside her office, then gestured for him to sit down.



"I'm good. I just dropped by to see my wife Mom.. You? How's your vacation with Dad? I heard Sungjinnie's getting married? Did you meet her wife back in New Mexico?" he asked. The woman just waved her hand disinterested. "Let's not talk about your Black Sheep brother. I actually called you here, to talk something serious and important about your wife."



He frowned, "What about my Wife, mother?"



Acting worried and all, she let a fake teardrop fall, then sniffed. "I don't know if it's my fault or what.. But who else do you think is to blame? I am the one who's giving her too much work papers and meetings. I should've known Min-ah.." she said wiping nothing on her face with her hanky. Of course Sungmin being so dumb that time didn't notice it.



Sungmin an eyebrow, curious on what her mother actually meant. "I don't understand, Mom." 
 


"I-I think.. I think she's had some brain disorder or something. A Schizo? -I don't know. I just came here today and check how's everything, when I accidentally heard her talking with Jessica about; you were just friends, that you're like a brother to her. She's hallucinating, Min. I was about to approach her but she sent me away before I could do so. Saying I'm evil." She sobbed fakely on her hands, which made Sungmin kneel in front of her and hug her.. "What if, it will affect your relationship or her? I don't wanna lose my daughter-in-law. She's too precious to our family. "
 


"Shhh.. I'll let her do some check up Mom. To be sure. Maybe it's just because she have been working hard this past few days." He rubbed her back.



"I actually talked with Jessica, your neurologist? remember her? She said that she have been secretly examining her and told me not to tell any of you.. but.. I can't do it. I need someone to talk to about this and all I could think of is you, because you're the husband." she perfectly immitates the crying concerned Mother. Like she's really worried about it, trying to convince Sungmin that it is true. 



Sungmin closed his eyes shut then asked.. "What did she say?" 



"She said not to tell her that she has that disorder or she will deny it and will even get worse." She grabbed her purse pushing her son from the hug and fished a bottle of medicine. "She said to let her take these as soon as her hallucinations will act up. Like you're just a friend or somewhat like that. Oh God , I'm scared." she groaned exasperated, throwing herself to Sungmin's embrace. 



" shhh.. it's okay Mom, I'm here to take care of her.. I'll just talk to Jess--"



"NO!!!" she yelled pushing her son forcefully. Sungmin scrunched his eyebrows as soon as he saw her Mom acted strange, but Mrs. Lee is a great actress. She immediately covered it up and hug Sungmin again.. "She strictly said not to tell you, because it might affect your own memory problem too. So this things are just between you and me, okay?"



Gullible, he nodded and said okay.



"Just tell me whenever that day will come so I can send my own doctor, yes?" 



"Okay Mom." was the only choice he could reply.



"You're going to take care of her, right?" she asked moments later. 



"Yes Mom.." he hugged her tighter, giving her the assurance. 



He felt her mom relaxed a bit and even smiled. "God, she's too young to have that.. Thankfully she has you.." She murmured.



Little did Sungmin knew, her Mom was grinning evily on his back.



Sungmin sighed for the nth time. He never thought that what his Mom told him, will be this day. He should've known. He was about to call her attention when he heard her mutter Heechul's name on the phone. She might be talking to him. I hope that will help her calm down.



Retreating his steps he slowly closed the door and decided to call Kyuhyun after he's done cooking with their Lunch, informing the latter that he will cancel their meet up today. 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------KYUMIN--------------------

 

 

 

Sunny groaned in frustration when Heechul decided to drop her call. Why now? I need help. She stared darkly to the pill Sungmin gave her and threw it outside the window.



After hearing what Sungmin said what he knew all along, she cursed inwardly. She clearly remembered that day. That was the very first time she thought of telling him the truth, but backed off. Not even knowing that the enemy already made her first step. 



As much as she wants to clear about her supposed to be "illness", she can't. She doubt Sungmin will believe her. How could she make him? When he didn't even remember a single evil thing his Mom did to him and to Kyuhyun way back when they were still together. Saying I have a brain disorder might be a Very nice move to the both of us Mrs. Lee. She thought then automatically dialed Jessica's number.
 


"Hello?" the other answered sleepily. 



She looked up at the wall clock on her right. It's already 12:30 pm in Korea and 10:30pm in USA. She rolled her eyes. It's too early for her to sleep.



"Hey.. Fly me here in Korea. I need help." she demanded.



"Excuse me? but who are you-- Sunny? is this Sunny? Ugh, What time is it?" She asked sleep drunk.




Rolling her eyes she answered yeah and continued.. "It's probably 1am or so there, And for the nth time this month I need your help."




She could feel Jessica moved to probably sit on her bed. "what help?"




"You have to come here first.."
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter