Chapter 11

The Heart never Forgets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

The Heart never Forgets

 

 

 

"Did I miss something?" He asked himself as he look at his Son unbelievably clinging to Kyuhyun as if his Life depends on him. 

 


It's the very first time seeing Sandeul being clingy to others and calling someone 'Dy' in front of his real Dad. So no it's not a big deal, thank you very much. It's just that, he is undeniably jealous, thrilled and surprised. Who wouldn't be when his son is giving some stranger- (from what he knew) an affection that Sungmin's mother can't get? He even willingly shove the vegetables Kyuhyun offered and listened when Kyuhyun told him to stop bickering with Heechul, because it's very noisy. It really looks like they already had a deep understanding of differences after 12 hours of being together. Or maybe-- but no. The last time he checked, he is Sandeul's only father or Sunny didn't mention anything about having an affair or being so suspicious in having one.

 


Oh, how he wants to be alone with Sandeul and scold him for calling Kyuhyun DY and clinging to him the entire Day, because it's definitely driving him mad. And being close with Sungmin in his past life isn't a valid reason why Kyuhyun's getting the slightest of his son's attention. Or maybe he's just too jealous now to hear any of their reasons or even consider anything.

 


But, to whom is he jealous by the way?

 

 

**

 

 

He mentally praised himself as he made it through the day being a jealous Daddy. For the first time too, Sandeul ignored his presence- well, not completely, but he did. Maybe if Kyuhyun didn't went out for work tonight, maybe he's going to sleep again with the older too, since he's his new friend and Dy. He muttered rolling his eyes. Remembering what had happened the whole day. The most eventful day in his life that he could remember- Yep! note the sarcasm. 

 


It was 9 in the evening when he had a cornered Sandeul in Kyumin's bedroom. The kid is miraculously snuggling closer to him after ignoring him for a day. Clearing his throat, he began calling his son's name. "Sandeul-ah.." 

 


"Uhmm?.." making a sound from the back of his throat. 

 


They were currently relaxing, laying in bed trying to get some sleep because tomorrow might be tiring for both of them as what Kyuhyun said. "you know baby.. You should stop calling Uncle Kyu 'DY'.. his girlfriend might mistook it that he's your real Dad which is not.." he bluntly said. 

 


Surprised. Sandeul got up almost immediately as he heard his dad done talking and pouted. "HE.IS.MY.DY." he pouted hard.

 


"Who said that?" 

 


"Him.." Sandeul said pointing the door by his lips. "He said I always call him Dy befowre and we three has the most special kind of closeness, don't youw wemember?" He giggled as he remembered the things Kyuhyun told him things that they used to do.. "I don't wemember either.. But as he told me about this and that in our past.. As if magic, it came fwashing back to my mind. He said we always go for a walk evewy afternoon before he works.. And I did wemember that! There was a certain day we walked fwom this house to the nearest Park. We thwee walked hand in hand, with me in the mwiddle. You were both swinging me back and fowth in the air. He said we always go eat in the special westaurant you liked afterwards. You liked mixed seafoods, he likes steaks as for me.. Cakes and Burgers, so he had a hard time searching for that restaurant that has the one he likes, you like and mine.. Then thankfully he said he saw a place that serves that food. Near here he said.. He didn't mention where though.. but as far as I wemember, it is near here and the park... I'm not sure." Sandeul happily rambled as Sungmin frowned, because he envy his Kid so much that he could remember things Kyuhyun said in an instant while him.. It's been 2 years, why I can't gain it back and play those memories on my mind while people talk about the past, just like Sandeul does? because damn, it's driving him mad. 

 


On the other hand Sandeul kept on blabbering, rambling things about Kyuhyun did for him the other night while they were in the guest room. How Kyuhyun tuck him close to his side, that Kyuhyun sang him a lullaby to sleep and he felt the older kissed his eyelids as soon as he closed his eyes and hugged him tighter saying "I Miss You Baby.." Those things that made him overly jealous and at the same time, for some reason that he don't know.. Strangely Happy. 

 


He knew he was jealous the moment Sandeul clung on the other, but deep in his heart he was touched that Kyuhyun is holding the other tight too. That the latter didn't ignore his son. That the two became closer in a short span of time. He wasn't sure why he's feeling that way, but he's somehow relieved that his heart felt that way. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------KYUMIN--------------------

 

 

Blinking hard, he found himself standing in the door frame, watching the sleeping form of Sandeul. Feeling unsecured, he roamed his eyes inside the room trying to figure out where he is. It looks familiar, but he couldn't remember whose house it is until Sunny came to view waking Sandeul up. He smiled and called her only to be ignored. He raised his voice up more, but a husky voice interrupted him. 

 


"Sungmin!!! My favorite Son. You're here!! You're back!!!" he said slightly running towards him, with arms wide open. 
"Uncle!!" he answered giddily, but in his mind he was hesitant. Why would he be here when he already died 6 years ago? 

 


After he received a tap on his back, the older pulled him again to another hug. "This is my Only Favorite Son!" Lee Soo Man - Sunny's father said. 

 


"Of course I am!! I am the only boy you called son, so of course I am!!" He said, but every reply doesn't match to what he's thinking. To what he really wants to say. Until the older frowned and said.. "Are you uncomfortable?" 

 


Successfully this time his head followed his brain as he nod. "Is it Because of your situation?" he asked again. 

 


He replied a short "Yeah.." With that the older male just smiled looking behind his back then said.. "Why don't you look behind you?"

 


He was about to look behind him and see what the older meant, but a pair of strong arms drag him from behind making him fall.. Fall that he didn't know where to land. A fall that he thought would never end. It was a long fall, it's like someone's dragging him into a pit. He feared that fall will make things worst and end everything.. He feared that the happiness his heart felt that time will be forever be forgotten.

 


Then he woke up, feeling like he landed on the bed with fast beating of his heart remembering the fear of falling, of looking back and the fear of being held by those Arms. Trembling for the touch, but somehow liked it. Odd. He could only say.

 


He was in the midst of rationalizing his dream, replaying the last words Sunny's old man told him when he heard the door creaked open behind him. He turned his head, only to find Kyuhyun peeking between the door. "Kyuhyun.." He called the latter.

 


Surprised, Kyuhyun bowed and said.. "Sungmin-ssi.. Mianhae.. I'm just trying to check on Sandeul since I couldn't find him in the guest room.." Kyuhyun explained but Sungmin's mind have been wandering somewhere. 

 


"Why don't you look behind?"

 


Then it clicked him.. "Kyuhyun-ssi.. Do you want to have a cup coffee with me?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------KYUMIN--------------------

 

 

Sunny clutched on her luggage tightly as they walked out the LAX international airport going to their next connecting flight home- Houston. 

 


She knew she's prepared. She's more than prepared- that's what she believed, but she couldn't help to feel nervous knowing she's going to see her mother-in-law one if these days and ask about his Son's whereabouts. 

 


Although she have practiced about it hundred of times on her mind, she still feel nervous thinking about a lot of possibilities of getting caught. Because even though their family is really close, she still doesn't know what Sungmin's Mom is capable of. 

 


She knew how the old woman adored and loves Sungmin very much that she couldn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter