Chapter 1

The Heart never Forgets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The Heart never Forgets

 

 

 

It has been 6 years since he last saw her Dad.

 

Even though now that he's gone, she still wonders of what will her life be if he's still around or if she listened to his advice. She might not have experience and feel these kind of things. He might not be around now like the old days, but for her he's still the best dad and once in a lifetime perfect partner in crime.

 

As soon as she thought about him, sepia-toned memories flashed back.. The day his Dad sent away his stalker, the night he ask her out for a drink, because of broken heart. and what about when he about having a huge crush on Sungmin? He was there too. Like a bestfriend who did his very best to help them together. The day Sungmin dumped her, his dad was her only confidante and the one who wiped away those tears at the same time made her cry out of laughter. He was he personal investigator who stalk around and Update her about Sungmin, and even though it will hurt her.. he never hesitate to tell her that Sungmin and Kyuhyun were exclusively dating that time. He did everything to make her undesrtand and anything to cheer her up. He did everything until his last breath just to make her only daughter happy.

 

"Sunny.." He called reaching his hand to her.

 

"Appa? Something wrong? Are you hurting?" she asked worriedly. The man forced a smile and caressed her cheeks..

 

"Smile.." he reminded.

 

She let a little teardrop fall. How can he do that? Pretending to be strong just to cheer her. How she wished she can do the same too. "I'll smile more wide when you come home with me healthily.." she whispered trying to control her cracking voice.

 

"I will still be looking after you even when I'm gone.. We're bestfriends right? Bestfriends don't leave each other.. Just look up at the brightest star in the sky.. I am that star.. Watching over you.." he said with reassuring voice. He then lowered his hand to his Daughter's tummy.. "Young Boy.. Hurry up! So you can watch over your umma later.. Take Care of her, okay? I love you both.." he let out a sad laugh while Sunny tried to control her tears that's threatening to fall.

 

It's the very first time his Dad acknowledge her son. He might be the coolest and most understanding Dad, but he never tolerates her stupid actions. For example, getting Sungmin drunk one night and took advantage of him. It's supposed to be a trap so Sungmin will marry her, that made her Dad angry with her for the first time.. Yet he never disown her. He just want her to live a proper life.

 

"What will you name him?"

 

"Sandeul.." she smiled.

 

"Sandeul., Umma and Appa's combined name?" Sunny nodded. She found her Dad reaching her hand,  and took it.. Holding it tight.

 

Her father squeezed it tighter.. "You have to be strong for him.. okay?" she nodded swallowing the lump stuck in . "I want you to be Happy.. You and Sungmin.. Let him know about the child at the right time, yes?" Sunny was still trying to hold back her tears. She didn't dare to speak, afraid she might lose it in no time. "And lastly let him be with the one who makes him Happy.. you love him right? Love doesn't mean that, two persons must have to be Together Sunny-ah.. Often times it means being happy for that someone even if you know you're not part of it.. Sometimes it means letting that person go.. Be contented to the amount of love he can give you and the friendship he offers.. I know someday you'll find the perfect partner that God has molded for you.." He said smiling wiping her tears.. "and.. you must let me go too.." Sunny suddenly threw herself to his Dad's embrace.

 

"Appa, don't say that..No.. you can't. " she sobbed.

 

Her Father smiled weakly, brushing her hair. Tucking some strands of her hair in the back of her ear. "Promise me one thing.." Sunny looked up, she felt fingers caressing her cheek to her chin.. "You have to let him go and be happy with both of your lives.." she need not to be told twice because she decided to let  go of  everything she has for him the moment she learnt about her Dad's disease.

 

**

 

That was six years ago. She was determined not to disturb Sungmin's life until his Mom forced her to Marry him.. It was great at first, she was happy at first.. but now.. God knows How much she regretted it.

 

She fished the envelope from her purse and hid it in one of the drawers. Jessica booked them 3 plane tickets to Korea. Sandeul is still 6 years old in international age so she got no problem in excusing him from school. All he has is speech class anyway. 2 months in Korea won't be a burden. She can enroll him there while waiting for Sungmin's recovery, though she's expecting in going back home to U.S. alone.

 

She sighed on the thought.. I've got to think a better explanation for Sandeul later if he asks.

 

"Mommyyyyy.." She turned her head to the door. Sandeul was in Sungmin's embrace. She smiled inwardly to the sight. "Mommy wet's pwayy." He jumped from Sungmin's arms and run towards his Mom. Giving her a hug and peck on her check.

 

His Mom showered him with kisses which made him Giggle. "Mommy is busy Deullie-ah.. I have to finish some things so We can go on a vacation for two months!!" She tried to sound excited.

 

"rweally?? yeeheeeyy!!" he jumped.

 

"You Like that??" he nodded cheerfully wiggling his bum.

 

"but where are we going?" Sungmin interrupted. Sunny Looked at him a bit and smiled, then to their son..

 

"Of course you like that Baby Deullie.. now, go to nanny and ask her to pack your things okay?" She said then kissed his forehead.

 

"Owtay Mommmy!" there he's off. "ask nicely!!" she added before the kid disappeared in her sight.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter