Chapter 13

The Heart never Forgets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The Heart never Forgets

 

 

If you'd ask Kyuhyun when was the last time he saw Sungmin very Happy he'd answer the date that's written at the back of the photograph.

 

For it was the first time Sandeul showed interest on Sungmin's thing.

 

If Sungmin could only recall it. He would say.. That day was perfect.

 

Walking under the sun with Kyuhyun holding back Sandeul's hand and to add more thrills. It's the first time after a long time that he saw Sandeul back again, and it's their 5th anniversary.

 

Seeing Sungmin all smiles could only make Kyuhyun's heart skip a beat. The older was happily swinging his and Sandeul's hand back and forth in the air. "Come to think of it. It's the first time that you held our son's hand." he teased Kyuhyun.

 

Our.

 

Eventhough it's a known fact that Sandeul is Sunny and Sungmin's Son. Never in Sandeul's life he treated Kyuhyun differently. He's actually a big fan of him. For being with his Dd through ups and downs. Tears and smiles. Hell and back. It's not that he understood their relationship. But.. In a young age he already has that mindset of As long as my Dad is Happy.

 

"And it's been a long while since the last time I saw you all smiles." he replied.

 

"How could I not be?" he retorted as he look at his Son happily skipping while holding their hands. "I hope Sunny won't take him away again.." he whispered and Kyuhyun clearly heard it.

 

As much as he wants to curse Sunny for trying to steal Sungmin from him in college and taking Sungmin's right to be Sandeul's father which happened last year.. He couldn't. Because he know very well that the moment he'll do that. Sunny will run away again, bringing Sandeul with her.

 

"I hope so too.." he grumbled.

 

"Dy.. pwaaay.." the smaller tugged his hands.

 

"What?" he asked shooting up his eyebrows to the edge of his bangs.

 

"swaid Pwaaaaaayyy.." he giggled.

 

"Kyu.. he wants to play with you.." Sungmin interpretted.

 

Kyuhyun nod in understanding, he actually understood the smaller and kneeled in front of his son. "Baby.. it's PLAY.. not PWAY.." he corrected. Sandeul's already 4. And he just can't understand why, he still can't pronounce Rs and Ls. They don't do baby talk on Sandeul too- so No.. Don't accuse him of being irresponsible. He always make an effort to speak clearly in front of Sandeul either Korean or English, for the kid to develop his speech.

 

"Pwaaaay.." Sandeul repeated.

 

Kyuhyun could only sigh in frustration. "Jinjja.." Yep. It's bothering him.

 

He's a singer in a club. Chinese, Korean or English or to whatever song he's singing he could only care less, the only important thing for him is he can deliver every single note and words clearly to his listeners. For them to- obviously understand.

 

"Oh.. c'mmon babe. Give him a break. He's still four." the father defended his Son.

 

"Still.. He have to learn the difference of this and that. And No.. age is just a number, it's never a hindrance to learning.. Stop spoiling our Son." he reasoned out.

 

Sungmin smiled sheepishly.

 

"Now what's with that smile?" Kyuhyun demanded.

 

Shaking his head, Sungmin burst out into small giggles- blushing.. "You're calling him now you're son too.."

 

He blushed.

 

"It's the first time." his lover teased more.

 

He got more redder.

 

"Ah.. waeee!?~~ He's my Son too.. Right Sandeuckie?" he hugged, nuzzling his nose to his. For the first time, he's going to admit.. He Missed this Kid. "I miss you.." he whispered, hugging the kid tighter. "Don't leave me again BudDy, okay?"

 

"Neh.. Dy.." the kid responded, hugging his Ultimate BudDy- Ultimate Bestfriend and Daddy.

 

Sungmin on the other hand could only rejoice inwardly seeing Kyuhyun accepting his Son now.

 

It's been 4 years too since he tried to convince the latter to try giving Sandeul and Sunny a chance. Like Trusting Sunny as a friend, and accepting Sandeul as his own too.

 

But as expected, Kyuhyun could only say yes coldy. Only because Sungmin threatened to break up with him. Everyday since Sunny's birth he'll work hard being patient in seeing the two taking care of their baby. Jealous that somehow, Sunny had stolen his boyfriend's attention. Jealous because they both can't have one.

 

When Sunny decided to live on her own, Sungmin tried to stop her. That it would be better to stay at Kyuhyun and his  apartment. Yet Sunny, for the nth time disregarded his concern. She's not blind that she can't see Kyuhyun's pain everytime Sungmin would spend the night with her and his son. She's not deaf for her not to hear their arguments about Sandeul. So for the peace of all, she left the apartment with a condition to drop Sandeul every weekend to spend a night or two with his Daddy's.

 

For a year or two, Sunny did what she was told. She let them have Sandeul for a night, two or even a week. But.. Kyuhyun and Sungmin didn't really know what happened. One day she stopped. She stopped showing up on their doorstep. Dropping Sandeul at their apartment. Or even sending them an update about their son. She just vanished. And until today.. They still don't know what happened to her and his son a year ago.

 

Sungmin took out his phone and snapped a photo to the touching view in front of him when Kyuhyun remembered something.

 

"Babe!!" he beamed.

 

"Euhm?!??"

 

"Tada!!!!" he beamed showing the pink paper bag to his lover. "Happy Anniversarry Baby!!!" he said and peppered hom with Kisses.

 

Sungmin faked a frown. "I told you not to buy me anything in times like this." He said and opened the paper bag.

 

"But.. I just want to buy something for you. Since you spoil me a lot. Open it!! I'm sure you will love it." Kyuhyun encouraged.

 

Only to see Sungmin frowning harder at him. "Kyuhyun.." he called in serious tone, then heaved a deep sigh.

 

"Hmm?" he answered disapponted. "You don't like it? Sorry. I thought you can use it.. Hmm, we can bring it back to the store and have it replaced with another model. Do you like Nikkon more? or That new canon--"

 

"Stop!!" the smaller held out his hand near his face. He sighed again. And arranged the parts of the camera but still frowning hard.

 

"If you don't like it, we ca---"

 

"Cho Kyuhyun. Stop." he calmly said with eyes b with tears. He's touched.

 

He put the camera on the bench where Sandeul is sitting, and stood in front of his lover.

 

"I like it. Very Much. But how many times do I have to tell you not to buy me anything? We agreed to that. Is this why you picked up a lot of overtime last month?" Kyuhyun just smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter