Chapter 20

The Heart never Forgets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The Heart never Forgets

 

 

 


It's already 10 pm in Seoul, Korea at the same day.  

 

On different days, at this kind of hour they shoulld be in their bedroom, laying in bed. Probably with Sandeul in the middle, since he always wanted to spend couple of hours talking to Kyuhyun or maybe at this kind of time, Sandeu's probably sleepy, but still tryig to keep himself awake waiting for his mother to call, or he's probably at the bottom of the bed, playing with his tablet trying to beat his father's highest scores on candy crush saga Or maybe at this moment he's laughing at Sunny's lame joke while talking to her on the phone. Sunny.. Sungmin thought. He still haven't heard anything from her  since he called he about their son. It made him a little worried too.


He sighed.

The apartment has been quiet since Heechul left. And both of them sat in the dark.

They both settled in the sofa with mouth shut.


It's different from the nights they have been. It's not as calm, not as comfortable. Not as Cozy and definetly not as pleasant, but he's not scared either. His heart isn't punding anymore as much as it was in the morning. With Kyuhyun by his side, he felt secure. With the Cho family's comforting and sugarcoated words, he could only smile and try not to cry.


Why would he?


His son is safe in his mother's hands right?

 

 

He should be. He convinced.

 


**

 

Kyuhyun though.


Kyuhyun on the other hand is a mess. He might have looked fine and composed with what's happening but he's not. He's damn scared. He wanted to do something or anything that could bring Sandeul back in Sungmin's arms but he doesn't know where to start. His thoughts were filled with could have been, maybes and what ifs.  Of It's all my fault.


That it's his fault for forcing his self in their life again. 

 

That what if he didn't let Sandeul go that day? What if he told Heechul that it'll be better for Sandeul to stay with them in his apartment? What if he didn't ask Sungmin to move in with him and just let them stay with Heechul just like planned? What if he didn't meet them in Busan? And what if Sunny left Korea with Sungmin?

 

..what if he never came back?


A small hand held his, and in an instant those what ifs vanished. He realized, he couldn't bear not seeing him again.

 

Letting go of Sungmin's hand, he caught it again and slowly turned his gaze to his beloved who's faking a smile to him. He smiled back and tightened his hold to the older    and kissed the back of his palm then Sungmin's forehead as his right hand held his neck pulling him to lean on his shoulders. 

 

"I love you.." he whispered. 

 

Sungmin just burried his face to his chest and hugged him as an answer.


And even if he's still drowned in his own thoughts, that moment made him feel at ease.


Atleast, right now.. Sungmin is on his side. He thought.

   

 

 

 

 

--------------------KYUMIN--------------------

 

 


It's been 10 hours since the departed Houston and though she's been awake for almost 24 hours, Sunny couldn't sleep. The plane's airconditioner seemed so suffocating. The food they served doesn't look appetizing either. Everything to her feels different and felt wrong.


She's aggitated. Confused. And lost at the same time.


All she wants right now is to have her son in her arms.

 

All she need right now is for the stupid plane to land.

 

All she want right now, is to see her son running towards her embrace, hugging her tight and talk about his stay in Korea the whole night. Or talk about Kyuhyun as his Papa, or ramble about his father being so lovey dovey to Kyuhyun. Anything.. Anything that could make Sandeul stay on her side. She will listen to everything he's going to stay.


Just.. I just want Sandeul.. by my side.

 

God, 14 hours flight is too long. She let her fingers run through her hair and breath sharply that made Mr. Lee look her way.


"Sunny?" he called his in-law a little worried.


"It feels weird." she fanned herself.


"Is that perhaps you;re seeing my son again?" Mr. Lee joked, that made Sunny shruged and breath even sharper.

   

 

 

 

 

--------------------KYUMIN--------------------

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter