Chapter Three

The Black Rose

Background Music: https://soundcloud.com/jeremyoppa/4men-knock-knock-knock


             Dae Sung hadn't had the courage to go out with a girl since high school because, aside from he often tends to get so shy around the girl that he likes, girls always look at Seung Yoon first and so they fail to see him. So, being with Jenny is a new experience for him even though he doesn't consider it as a date. And he's actually happy that she is Seung Yoon's cousin so, no competition there unless... unless Jenny has someone special right now. But, he decided to save it for later. "So... what do you think of the view?" asked Dae Sung. "Quite beautiful!" happily answered Jenny. That smile... it never fails to make Dae Sung blush. "She's very beautiful, especially when she smiles. I want to make her smile everyday. Will I ever have a chance to do that?" he silently thought to himself as he looks at her from the corner of his eyes.

              For once, Jenny didn't think of any negative thought. And strangely, being with Dae Sung in this beautiful place made her feel... relaxed. She was right. Dae Sung is like a breath of fresh air, very different from other guys she knew although, he somehow looked stubborn, what with their little fight earlier and with him getting his way. "Can we stay here until later this evening? I want to see the bridge light up!" she asked, hoping that Dae Sung would agree this time. He looked at her questioningly but seeing that smile again, he just nodded. He can't resist her after all.


Background Music: https://soundcloud.com/anjar-ramadhan/full-house-ost-song-hye-gyo


             "Good morning!" greeted Jenny cheerfully. "Good morning couz! I'm guessing you had a good time?" replied Seung Yoon. "I'm sorry if we didn't get to go with you two yesterday. We really needed to recharge," apologized Minzy. "That's ok Minzy. But I'll make sure, this time, that you two are going with me!"

                "Where are you planning to go now?" curiously asked Seung Yoon. 

                "Hongdae."

                "Cafes again Jenny? Aren't you getting sick of them yet? We always go to cafes in Paris, and now, here."

                "Well, yes. We go to cafes in Paris most of the time but, have you heard of a 'Hello Kitty Cafe'?"

              "No way! There is such a thing here?!" exclaimed Minzy who was quite taken aback but was excited to hear such a cafe exists. "There is no way you could bring me there with you!" said Seung Yoon a little too defensively. "But, we don't know how to go there couz. And who would tour us around the area? I heard there are also clubs there and artsy stuffs. C'mon couz! Come with us, please," begged Jenny. "Why don't you guys ask Dae Sung to come with you instead? I bet he'll join you in a heartbeat," replied Seung Yoon jokingly. "Doesn't he work?" asked Minzy. "Oh, forgot all about that. Well, I also have work to do, you know," countered Seung Yoon.

             "Now, now, young man. You accompany your cousin to Hongdae. And I will take care of the shop," butted Aunt Soo Jin. Seung Yoon's family owns a bread shop and most of the times, he would come to the shop to oversee things. "But... omma!" cried out Seung Yoon. "No buts!" rebutted Aunt Soo Jin. Uncle Dong Wook who was setting the table for breakfast laughed heartily at his wife and son's conversation. He just realized how childish his son could be at times. "Son, just follow your mom and cousin's wishes. You'll be home before you know it," encouraged Uncle Dong Wook. Seung Yoon gave out a loud sigh, "Oh, alright. I am overpowered so, what else can I do?"