Chapter Twenty Five

The Black Rose

 


Background Music: https://soundcloud.com/ost-forever/instrumental-playful-kiss


             Seung Yoon was already sitting in bed when they came in to see him. Minzy stopped by the foot of the bed, seeing that he was giving her dagger looks. Seung Hyun followed closely behind, stopping in his tracks as well as he saw the anger in their guest's eyes. Mr. Chung and Nana Hyun Ae stayed by the door as to allow more room for the three. 

              "How long have you known each other?" asked Seung Yoon angrily, almost shouting.

           The two exchanged glances but decided to remain silent. What they wanted was for Seung Yoon to rest a bit more before driving him home with Minzy. 

            "What's up with the conspiratorial glance? You two up to something evil or what?! My question was very simple yet you can't answer me!" Seung Yoon shouted, weakly thrashing his arms as he did so. 

              Minzy quickly went to his side and hugged him, willing him to stop. Seung Hyun could only watch, powerless over something he did not see coming. Though Seung Yoon was a bit too strong for Minzy, he did not get to set himself free from her embrace. He felt weak and realized that he hadn't eaten anything nor drank water since lunchtime. "Let's go home Minzy," he whispered. Minzy slowly looked at him, her own questions starting to surface one by one. She then let him go, facing him more confidently this time. 

              "You should eat dinner first and then rest some more before we could go home," she insisted.

              "No. We should talk about this right now. I am so confused that I can't even fit everything that I know together. He-," suddenly pointing at Seung Hyun, "-is the man in the gray hoodie! But... you... ugh! I don't know...," he trailed off, his hands in his head.

               Minzy remained silent, but looked at him apologetically. He then looked at her, searching her face for any clue as to what was going on.

             "Were you the one he was following all this time? And not my cousin?" he asked sternly, and added, "Were you pretending to not know anything about this person just so that you could hide your relationship from us? Maybe Jenny knows about you two and you used her for your little drama. Am I right? She pretended to cry when he saw him that night when we were at the restaurant so that Dae Sung and I would be distracted from whatever you were supposed to do."

               Minzy started to get irritated by his stubbornness. "Could you hear yourself right now?! Do you think everything you said made sense?!" questioned Minzy. "You know Mr. Stubborn, before we kill each other, you should eat first," she added.

              Seung Hyun, who stood frozen at the foot of the bed, turned to Nana Hyun Ae and motioned for her to get some warm soup for Seung Yoon. He then excused himself, and went straight out of the house to get some fresh air.


Background Music: https://soundcloud.com/6002sky/cho-eun-after-a-long-time-has


             Seung Hyun walked leisurely towards the direction of the restaurant, looking at the moon as he did so. "Do you have your jacket on Mr. Chung? You need not follow me... nor worry about me that much," he asked out loudly, not looking back once. He knew Mr. Chung would follow him, as he always did, a far safe distance away so as to give him space. 

             He was looking at the moon intently as he walked one step at a time. "Are you also looking at the moon now my angel? Isn't it beautiful? But... nothing beats the view of the moon from the Eiffel Tower, right?!" he asked, as if she were walking right there with him. He then paused, and closed his eyes. "I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm sorry...," he apologized as tears started to fall down from his closed eyes.

              Mr. Chung could only watch from afar how the pain of yesterday had, once again, engulfed his young master. He clutched at his heart, his eyes glistening as he did so.


Background Music: https://soundcloud.com/6002sky/baek-ji-young-after-a-long


            Jenny brushed away some of the dirt and sat at the steps by the gate of his cousin's house. She clutched her phone in her hand, nervously waiting for a text message from his cousin and bestfriend who were both still out. She hugged herself as she looked at the moon shining brightly from above.

              "Hello Mr. Moon! It has been a long time since we talked to each other like this. I hope... I hope you're still watching over him, wherever he may be. I am still not okay, as you can see. I am having quite a hard time. My heart... hasn't healed yet. And I don't think it ever will," she confided, just like an old friend.

              "Seung Hyun-ah... Boo Boo... I miss you...," she confessed, looking straight at the moon as tears started falling from her eyes.